As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

The New Comic Thread Wednesday, July 15th 2009

UnbrokenEvaUnbrokenEva HIGH ON THE WIREBUT I WON'T TRIP ITRegistered User regular
edited July 2009 in Social Entropy++
20090715.jpg

UnbrokenEva on

• Options
    vsovevsove ....also yes. Registered User regular
    edited July 2009
    Fearghaill wrote: »
    New comic!

You are part of the Rebel Alliance and a traitor.

Take her away!

vsove on
    WATCH THIS SPACE.
  • Options
    HunterHunter Chemist with a heart of Au Registered User regular
    edited July 2009
    Rebel scum!

Also, Sweaty Dick Punching is a martial art. I'm a Fuchsia Belt in SDP.

Hunter on
  • Options
    UnbrokenEvaUnbrokenEva HIGH ON THE WIRE BUT I WON'T TRIP ITRegistered User regular
    edited July 2009
    vsove wrote: »
    Fearghaill wrote: »
    New comic!

You are part of the Rebel Alliance and a traitor.

Take her away!

That is clearly a forgery.

UnbrokenEva on
  • Options
    AdusAdus Registered User regular
    edited July 2009
    Holy Old Podcast Content, Batman...

Adus on
  • Options
    FizFiz Registered User regular
    edited July 2009
    Oh, that's supposed to be sweat

When I beat on my penis for twenty minutes the white stuff flying off of it is Khoo Goo

Fiz on
    juggcat.jpg
  • Options
    edited July 2009
    I wonder if there is like only 1 tattoo artist that all MMA guys can go to, and he only has like 20 things he can possibly do. At least 15 of them are tribal based.

Hunter on
  • Options
    ButtersButters A glass of some milks Registered User regular
    edited July 2009
    Hunter wrote: »
    I wonder if there is like only 1 tattoo artist that all MMA guys can go to, and he only has like 20 things he can possibly do. At least 15 of them are tribal based.

He can also put a really dumb looking sword in the middle of your torso.

Butters on
    PSN: idontworkhere582 | CFN: idontworkhere | Steam: lordbutters | Amazon Wishlist
  • Options
    edited July 2009
    Butters wrote: »

The penis sword is the source of his dick power. Without it he couldn't reach Super Sayian Dick Level 2.

Hunter on
  • Options
    BahamutZEROBahamutZERO Registered User regular
    edited July 2009
    Jesus that was fast.

BahamutZERO on
    BahamutZERO.gif
  • Options
    NotASenatorNotASenator Registered User regular
    edited July 2009
    Sweaty Dick Punching can hardly be considered martial arts, as it was not practiced widely in Feudal Japan (I have a cousin who married an asian chick so I'm pretty much half-Samurai).

The main proponents of SDP teach it mostly as self-defense, and my Dojo has a big banner on the wall that says that offense is the only true form of combat. The Dojo is where I practice martial arts and often defeat very powerful people in unarmed combat, although I reluctantly admit that I have had to engage in asskicking on the street before. It's not my choice, though, the situation was clearly forced and my Tai-Fu-Wakka technique was employed only to protect the very attractive woman I was with.

You probably don't know her. She's from Japan. She does some modeling.

But really, historically speaking, the way I fight people is the best way to do it, except for the Spartans, who were totally awesome in everyway, except if they had known about my Dojo they probably would have trained there.

NotASenator on
  • Options
    MeissnerdMeissnerd Registered User regular
    edited July 2009
    NotACrook wrote: »
    Sweaty Dick Punching can hardly be considered martial arts, as it was not practiced widely in Feudal Japan (I have a cousin who married an asian chick so I'm pretty much half-Samurai).

The main proponents of SDP teach it mostly as self-defense, and my Dojo has a big banner on the wall that says that offense is the only true form of combat. The Dojo is where I practice martial arts and often defeat very powerful people in unarmed combat, although I reluctantly admit that I have had to engage in asskicking on the street before. It's not my choice, though, the situation was clearly forced and my Tai-Fu-Wakka technique was employed only to protect the very attractive woman I was with.

But really, historically speaking, the way I fight people is the best way to do it, except for the Spartans, who were totally awesome in everyway, except if they had known about my Dojo they probably would have trained there.

:^:

Meissnerd on
  • Options
    UnbrokenEvaUnbrokenEva HIGH ON THE WIRE BUT I WON'T TRIP ITRegistered User regular
    edited July 2009

That was fantastic.

UnbrokenEva on
  • Options
    edited July 2009
    I have an Olympic medal in Sweaty Dick Punching. I follow the platypus style of SDP, which is quick, quirky, and all about poisonous barbs thrust into your opponent's dick area.

Hunter on
  • Options
    edited July 2009
    I am 75% ninja.

Butters on
    PSN: idontworkhere582 | CFN: idontworkhere | Steam: lordbutters | Amazon Wishlist
  • Options
    edited July 2009
    I am 75% ninja.

And what else, like 25% polish on your mother's side?

Hunter on
  • Options
    NotASenatorNotASenator Registered User regular
    edited July 2009
    I am 75% ninja.

He lost the other 25% in a bet with a Scotsman.

NotASenator on
  • Options
    edited July 2009
    I am 75% ninja.

He lost the other 25% in a bet with a Scotsman.

What can I say the dude was pretty good at pogs.

Butters on
  • Options
    darleysamdarleysam On my way to UKRegistered User regular
    edited July 2009
    I am 75% ninja.

Somehow this sounds like a setup to a dick joke.

darleysam on
    forumsig.png
  • Options
    SquallSquall hap cloud Registered User regular
    edited July 2009
    This comic

:^:

Squall on
  • Options
    MeizMeiz Registered User regular
    edited July 2009
    Yes

Fantastic.

Meiz on
  • Options
    babyeatingjesusbabyeatingjesus Registered User regular
    edited July 2009

BrockLesnar.jpg

That's a cock. It's got the veins, the head bulges out a little bit at the collarbone, and it's dribbling a blood load onto his chin.

babyeatingjesus on
    hitthatcheeseburgerfatty.gif
  • Options
    MeissnerdMeissnerd Registered User regular
    edited July 2009
    i like how he stopped at the navel, because then it would just look stupid

Meissnerd on
  • Options
    edited July 2009
    I can't help but imagine how that will look when he gets old and lazy and lets himself go.

UnbrokenEva on
  • Options
    edited July 2009
    his gut will turn the brass knuckles into full on balls.

babyeatingjesus on
  • Options
    TabascoTabasco Registered User regular
    edited July 2009
    He's got to be the biggest toolbag ever.

Tabasco on
    Life is too important to be taken seriously.
    -Oscar Wilde
  • Options
    edited July 2009
    I always thought Frank Mir was the biggest toolbag ever, so I support anyone that can mash his face to look like Ken after a loss in SF2.

babyeatingjesus on
  • Options
    GameGrrlGameGrrl Registered User regular
    edited July 2009
    http://ianbethune.com/lesnarmir22.flv

Seriously watch his speech

(it's also embedded on this page)

I mean the dude used to be in the WWF but come on

GameGrrl on
  • Options
    BrymBrym Registered User regular
    edited July 2009
    Tabasco wrote: »

Yes, the contrast between him and GSP at UFC 100 was telling. And yet, Dana wants to promote the big douchey asshole as the face of the sport, instead of the professional, hyper-talented athlete.

Brym on
  • Options
    DruhimDruhim Registered User, ClubPA regular
    edited July 2009
    this is a great comic, and yeah Lesnar deserves all the ridicule he gets and more for that retarded tattoo

Druhim on
    belruelotterav-1.jpg
  • Options
    D.T.D.T. Registered User regular
    edited July 2009
    This comic is great, because it's so true.

UFC is so fucking boring. I mean, the comic just nails it: you watch these drawn out introductions, watching these guys train and listening to how they're blackbelts, and who their biggest rival is and what not... then the fight starts, and they fucking walk around each other, throwing weak punches and kicks that rarely, rarely connect. Then one of them either trips and falls, or one works up the nerve to try and tackle the other, and then it's two guys rolling around on the floor. And they all fight the same fucking way, regardless of what style of fighting they've "mastered".

And they're all uncharismatic meatheads. They don't even have personality or make the sport fun to watch like professional boxers.

D.T. on
    DxTiddy.png
  • Options
    edited July 2009
    Brym wrote: »
    Tabasco wrote: »

Yes, the contrast between him and GSP at UFC 100 was telling. And yet, Dana wants to promote the big douchey asshole as the face of the sport, instead of the professional, hyper-talented athlete.

Yeah GSP is a class act. I love that guy.

The face of the sport should be Rampage though. Dude is just fucking awesome.

As for the Lesner speech, yeah there's not a lot of sportsmanship there... that's tough to defend. It is entertaining though, and I always saw Lesner as the quieter one between him and Mir before the fight. When Mir beat Noguiera he ran straight to the corner Lesner was sitting in front of and started beaking at him. It's possible we're just dealing with two people that don't like each other and it came out in the ring.

babyeatingjesus on
  • Options
    edited July 2009
    D.T. wrote: »

UFC is so fucking boring. I mean, the comic just nails it: you watch these drawn out introductions, watching these guys train and listening to how they're blackbelts, and who their biggest rival is and what not... then the fight starts, and they fucking walk around each other, throwing weak punches and kicks that rarely, rarely connect. Then one of them either trips and falls, or one works up the nerve to try and tackle the other, and then it's two guys rolling around on the floor. And they all fight the same fucking way, regardless of what style of fighting they've "mastered".

And they're all uncharismatic meatheads. They don't even have personality or make the sport fun to watch like professional boxers.

You don't actually watch UFC or boxing.

GameGrrl on
  • Options
    SquallSquall hap cloud Registered User regular
    edited July 2009
    In which podcast did they talk about UFC? I remember it being histerical.

Squall on
  • Options
    edited July 2009

Watching MMA or Boxing is like watching Golf. If you have no idea what's going on, it's boring as shit to watch. Just dudes hugging on the ground or standing over a 4 foot putt for 15 minutes.

If you've watched it long enough or done research or played it enough to understand it, you see what is actually going on and appreciate the physicality and mentality of it and the conditioning of the participants.

babyeatingjesus on
  • Options
    Burden of ProofBurden of Proof You three boys picked a beautiful hill to die on. Registered User regular
    edited July 2009
    I've never been able to get into MMA.

I like this comic because it describes exactly what it looks like to me.

Burden of Proof on
  • Options
    PonyPony Registered User regular
    edited July 2009

Watching MMA or Boxing is like watching Golf. If you have no idea what's going on, it's boring as shit to watch. Just dudes hugging on the ground or standing over a 4 foot putt for 15 minutes.

If you've watched it long enough or done research or played it enough to understand it, you see what is actually going on and appreciate the physicality and mentality of it and the conditioning of the participants.

this is a pretty excellent comparison

Pony on
  • Options
    BrymBrym Registered User regular
    edited July 2009

Yep. I wonder if some of the non-mma fan gamers out there can see the parallels between how they react to MMA and how other people react to video games. It's that same "I'm not into it, therefore it's stupid" reaction.

Brym on
  • Options
    edited July 2009
    http://www.poetv.com/video.php?vid=194 <--- skip in to about two minutes.

I'm not sure if it has sound (I'm at work) but this was such an awesome fight.

GameGrrl on
  • Options
    Burden of ProofBurden of Proof You three boys picked a beautiful hill to die on. Registered User regular
    edited July 2009
    GameGrrl wrote: »

So what, you're a real person or something

Burden of Proof on
  • Options
    MagicPrimeMagicPrime FiresideWizard Registered User regular
    edited July 2009
    GameGrrl wrote: »

Looks like the same shit to me.

Two tools looking at each other, little Asian guy talking, fight starts, one maybe two punches/kicks, grappling.

Then missionary...

MagicPrime on
    BNet • magicprime#1430 | PSN/Steam • MagicPrime | Origin • FireSideWizard
    Critical Failures - Havenhold CampaignAugust St. Cloud (Human Ranger)
This discussion has been closed.