As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[Phalla]Romance of the Two Kingdoms: Final Act. The Day of the Dead

• ZekZek Registered User regular
    edited March 2007
    you once again read my view literally, I'm asking you....How the hell do you know they are in contact with the other members of thier family....at best, they are prolly in contact with 4-5. 2 brothers, themselves, and a lover. Assuming one of them is the brother...

Quit reading into it, and figure out the statement. I know how many people are left.
    ...Okay. We actually have 23 people left because of the deaths last night. This means that each team has 11.5 players. Which means that from the perspective of any given player, 10.5 of the remaining players are on their team and 11.5 are on the enemy. Since Rygar and Digger Dude are in cahoots, they only have to look at the other players, 9.5 of which are friends and 11.5 of which are enemies. To them, thorgot is more likely to be an enemy than a friend, which also applies to the reverse.

Zek on
  • AvaritiaAvaritia Registered User regular
    edited March 2007
    Having only two families makes the whole game much deadlier.

I hope everyone realizes that a smart player with anything but bad luck can win the game for his family as soon as tomorrow.

Avaritia on
    May contain sarcasm, irony, hyperboles, lies, slander, personal opinions, madness and crimes against grammar.
    ... and nuts.
  • Cowboybot67Cowboybot67 Registered User regular
    edited March 2007
    Zek wrote: »
    you once again read my view literally, I'm asking you....How the hell do you know they are in contact with the other members of thier family....at best, they are prolly in contact with 4-5. 2 brothers, themselves, and a lover. Assuming one of them is the brother...

Quit reading into it, and figure out the statement. I know how many people are left.
    ...Okay. We actually have 23 people left because of the deaths last night. This means that each team has 11.5 players. Which means that from the perspective of any given player, 10.5 of the remaining players are on their team and 11.5 are on the enemy. Since Rygar and Digger Dude are in cahoots, they only have to look at the other players, 9.5 of which are friends and 11.5 of which are enemies. To them, thorgot is more likely to be an enemy than a friend, which also applies to the reverse.

AH, I see...

Well, he might be missing the ball here, they might be on his team...odds are being what they are...

Cowboybot67 on
    Cowboybot.png
    Yar!
    edited March 2007

AH, I see...

Well, he might be missing the ball here, they might be on his team...odds are being what they are...

Because you believe precisionk, when he says he's seer?

edit: What? That doesn't make sense at all.

Avaritia on
    May contain sarcasm, irony, hyperboles, lies, slander, personal opinions, madness and crimes against grammar.
    ... and nuts.
  • thorgotthorgot there is special providence in the fall of a sparrowRegistered User regular
    edited March 2007

AH, I see...

That's the point. The odds are in any individual's favor. There is a chance, of course, that he's the wrong historian, but it should be a choice that every intelligent, informed voter can make.

thorgot on
    campionthorgotsig.jpg
    edited March 2007
    I never said I believed him to be the Seer, where did I say that?

Cowboybot67 on
    Cowboybot.png
    Yar!
  • Digger DudeDigger Dude Registered User regular
    edited March 2007
    Oh thorgot, why can't we just be friends

Digger Dude on
    edited March 2007
    Avarita, wha?

Cowboybot67 on
    Cowboybot.png
    Yar!
  • thorgotthorgot there is special providence in the fall of a sparrowRegistered User regular
    edited March 2007
    I have a lot of CS work to do, so for now I
    !Order Thorgot to be Executed Tonight.

If I come back at 9:30 and find people have become more reasonable, and changed their votes to somebody else, I will of course change my order.

Good luck, everybody, with your pursuit of greatness.

thorgot on
    campionthorgotsig.jpg
    edited March 2007
    Avarita, wha?

Do you mean that:
    I wrote:
    Because you believe precisionk, when he says he's seer?

edit: What? That doesn't make sense at all.
    ?

I corrected myself. I misunderstood you.

Avaritia on
    ... and nuts.
    edited March 2007
    Oh, heh, okay avarita

Cowboybot67 on
    Cowboybot.png
    Yar!
  • Digger DudeDigger Dude Registered User regular
    edited March 2007
    What'sa going on here?

Digger Dude on
  • precisionkprecisionk Registered User regular
    edited March 2007
    thorgot wrote: »

If I come back at 9:30 and find people have become more reasonable, and changed their votes to somebody else, I will of course change my order.

I come back to this thread and look what Mr. Democracy is ORDERING you to do. He wants everyone to vote for Digger? THIS IS NOT DEMOCRACY. As you can see he is abusing his power, just like how I said he would. How you all could be so BLIND to not see this, is beyond me. Don't make this mistake two nights in a row.

If you want direct, concise and daunting leadership, vote me for the Imperial Seal.

precisionk on
    edited March 2007
    Yeah, I sort of overestimated the power of democracy. Oh well.

thorgot on
    campionthorgotsig.jpg
    edited March 2007
    Well, to be honest, democracy's first mistake was being introduced. Have noone to blame but...yourself.

Mighty resigned of yourself to die. Mayhaps...a trump card in your pocket, one of your supporters is probably an accountant.

So we should investigate them.

Cowboybot67 on
    Cowboybot.png
    Yar!
  • HylianbunnyHylianbunny Registered User regular
    edited March 2007
    I'm retracting any of my votes placed (ie for leadership and for execution). Sticking my decision up when I get on again in an hour or so. >_>

Hylianbunny on
    edited March 2007
    precisionk wrote: »

I come back to this thread and look what Mr. Democracy is ORDERING you to do. He wants everyone to vote for Digger? THIS IS NOT DEMOCRACY. As you can see he is abusing his power, just like how I said he would. How you all could be so BLIND to not see this, is beyond me. Don't make this mistake two nights in a row.

If you want direct, concise and daunting leadership, vote me for the Imperial Seal.

He orders no one to do anything, except Aroduc to kill him, as he promised. He begged people to become reasonable. Telling people what you would like them to do is not against democracy.

And the one thing (Okay, one of many things...) I can't stand is a bad winner.

Not because of this but because of reasons more private

I vote precisionk to be killed twice.

I vote Thorgot for killing more people.

You don't need to understand my reasons (They're very vague anyway.) but look at it this way:

Precisionk seems much too bossy. Voting for democracy is NOT stupid and Thorgot demonstrated that at least he's fair and honest about killing the person the people want to see dead. That's more than you could hope for considering that most people know shit about the others.

I don't want to hear things like "How you all could be so BLIND to not see this, is beyond me." every day. It lessens the fun everyone has.

If you ask me, precisionk is far too arrogant to be the future leader.

And after all:

We can make Thorgot kill himself everyday and it'll be fun. Actually, it'll be way more fun when there's no one to tell you how BLIND (sounds more like "stupid") we are.

Avaritia on
    ... and nuts.
  • CantideCantide Registered User regular
    edited March 2007
    PrecisionK is becoming annoying.

I !vote for Thorgot.

I !vote for PrecisionK.
    I !vote for PrecisionK.

Cantide on
  • B:LB:L I've done worse. Registered User regular
    edited March 2007
    Avaritia wrote: »
    THIS IS NOT DEMOCRACY.

Voting for democracy is NOT stupid
    Yes, voting for democracy is not stupid...

...especially when you get TWO votes over everyone else.

Do you see the same problem that I am seeing with this?

B:L on
    10mvrci.png click for Anime chat
    edited March 2007
    *snip*

You don't need to understand my reasons (They're very vague anyway.) but look at it this way:

Precisionk seems much too bossy. Voting for democracy is NOT stupid and Thorgot demonstrated that at least he's fair and honest about killing the person the people want to see dead. That's more than you could hope for considering that most people know shit about the others.

I don't want to hear things like "How you all could be so BLIND to not see this, is beyond me." every day. It lessens the fun everyone has.

If you ask me, precisionk is far too arrogant to be the future leader.

And after all:

We can make Thorgot kill himself everyday and it'll be fun. Actually, it'll be way more fun when there's no one to tell you how BLIND (sounds more like "stupid") we are.

I meant it to sound like this.

precisionk on
  • ZekZek Registered User regular
    edited March 2007
    B:L wrote: »
    THIS IS NOT DEMOCRACY.

It's sort of like the electoral college.

We live in the state that voted for thorgot.

Zek on
    edited March 2007
    THIS IS NOT DEMOCRACY.

I totally agree. All these people are "voting for democracy", yet the only ones defending the democracy are those who have more "votes".

precisionk on
    edited March 2007

All this would do would kill somebody at random.

thorgot on
    campionthorgotsig.jpg
    edited March 2007

That is exactly what you are doing with your democracy. Instead it is a "controlled" random, which plays favorites, probably for whatever side of the family you are on. Most likely to your advantage. It is unfortunate the people who are siding with you are too blind to see that.

precisionk on
    edited March 2007
    execution
    thorgot - 13
    precisionk - 8
    Digger Dude - 4
    titmouse - 3
    CowboyBot - 2
    I couldn't find HylianBunny's votes for execution, which he said he retracted.

And I think I'm down two or three votes to precisionk in the election.

That is exactly what you are doing with your democracy. Instead it is a "controlled" random, which plays favorites, probably for whatever side of the family you are on. Most likely to your advantage. It is unfortunate the people who are siding with you are too blind to see that.

And what do you offer? At least my way nobody gets an unfair advantage.

thorgot on
    campionthorgotsig.jpg
  • CouscousCouscous Registered User regular
    edited March 2007
    THIS IS NOT DEMOCRACY.

The electoral college doesn't depend on the whims of the president. The whole voting thing is just a pretend republic like Rome.

Couscous on
    edited March 2007
    I'm fairly sure I didn't make any but I wanted to be sure in case I accidentally posted during a drug induced stupor or something. ;)

And what's with the second capital? It's one word, folks...XD

That said, I'm going through to try and tally the seal votes.

Hylianbunny on
    edited March 2007
    I'm fairly sure I didn't make any but I wanted to be sure in case I accidentally posted during a drug induced stupor or something. ;)

And what's with the second capital? It's one word, folks...XD

That said, I'm going through to try and tally the seal votes.

You should start at where Aroduc posted the screenshot of his spreadsheet before. That will save you time.

thorgot on
    campionthorgotsig.jpg
    edited March 2007
    execution
    thorgot - 13
    precisionk - 8
    Digger Dude - 4
    titmouse - 3
    CowboyBot - 2

Um, unfair? 2 votes for people who vote for you, versus 1 for people who doesnt. If you truly love Democracy, you would give fair votes around.

Cowboybot67 on
    Cowboybot.png
    Yar!
    edited March 2007
    execution
    thorgot - 13
    precisionk - 8
    Digger Dude - 4
    titmouse - 3
    CowboyBot - 2

Um, unfair? 2 votes for people who vote for you, versus 1 for people who doesnt. If you truly love Democracy, you would give fair votes around.

Then there would be no incentive for people to vote for me. It's called the freerider principle of economics. If people don't have to pay for something, they generally will. In this case, they are paying for double say in the killing with their one vote for the election.

thorgot on
    campionthorgotsig.jpg
    edited March 2007
    I'm putting my vote back in for Thorgot.

Presuming I checked correctly, and apologies if I read names wrong:

thorgot - thorgot
    elbonian man - thorgot
    hylianbunny - thorgot
    zek - thorgot
    psycholarry1 - thorgot
    avarita - thorgot
    cantide - thorgot
    total: 7

archonex - archonex
    total: 1

titmouse - titmouse
    total: 1

b:l - precisionk
    frosteey - precisionk
    precisionk - precisionk
    digger dude - precisionk
    tehspectre - precisionk
    cowboybot - precisionk
    cj iwakura - precisionk
    total: 7

rygar - digger dude
    do not pursue lu bu - digger dude
    total: 2

Hylianbunny on
    edited March 2007
    What is this democracy you speak of? We have a hereditary empire here.

Couscous on
    edited March 2007
    I! vote for precisionk

Couscous on
    edited March 2007
    titmouse wrote: »
    THIS IS NOT DEMOCRACY.

The electoral college doesn't depend on the whims of the president. The whole voting thing is just a pretend republic like Rome.

Couldn't have said it any better myself.

precisionk on
    edited March 2007
    execution
    thorgot - 13
    precisionk - 8
    Digger Dude - 4
    titmouse - 3
    CowboyBot - 2

And what do I offer? Imperialism at its finest as well as protection. Those who vote for me FEAR NOT my wrath. In your "Democracy" people can still die who vote for you. Look at yourself, your plan has already backfired.

precisionk on
    edited March 2007
    You have said yourself that you will do whatever you need to for your family to win. Surely that will include even killing people that you have assured protection.

Hylianbunny on
    edited March 2007
    You have said yourself that you will do whatever you need to for your family to win. Surely that will include even killing people that you have assured protection.

More then likely, there are rival familly members against me on the otherside. In time, yes, that may happened but I wont just change my mind about things like thorgot does. Obviously, if you are not in it to win for your family, you are playing the wrong game. I am just honest about what I say and will be honest if someone asks me "Are you going to kill me tonight if I vote for you?"

precisionk on
    edited March 2007

More then likely, there are rival familly members against me on the otherside. In time, yes, that may happened but I wont just change my mind about things like thorgot does. Obviously, if you are not in it to win for your family, you are playing the wrong game. I am just honest about what I say and will be honest if someone asks me "Are you going to kill me tonight if I vote for you?"

If I support your rise to power, will you give me a cushy job?

Couscous on
    edited March 2007
    execution
    thorgot - 13
    precisionk - 8
    Digger Dude - 4
    titmouse - 3
    CowboyBot - 2

Then there would be no incentive for people to vote for me. It's called the freerider principle of economics. If people don't have to pay for something, they generally will. In this case, they are paying for double say in the killing with their one vote for the election.

But I thought with the power of democracy people wouldnt need incentive. After all, Precision hit it on the head. I vote for him, I do not die. I vote for thorgot, my 2 votes wouldnt save my ass if people wanted me dead.

I go with the sure thing. Least this way I get to play the game.

Cowboybot67 on
    Cowboybot.png
    Yar!
    edited March 2007
    titmouse wrote: »

If I support your rise to power, will you give me a cushy job?

Absolutely. You will be in charge of the experimental PXP-9 high powered donut machine project. Great pay, great benefits and free STD's.

precisionk on