As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

MOTW 7/15/09: Your emo got mixed in with my Blackest Night!

2»

• TexiKenTexiKen Dammit! That fish really got me!Registered User regular
    edited July 2009
    Is JSA vs Kobra any good?

TexiKen on
  • DarkWarriorDarkWarrior __BANNED USERS regular
    edited July 2009
    Mr Negative was awesome, loved the truly evil Spider-Man and now a showdown between Hood and Negative.

DarkWarrior on
  • kfroosterkfrooster Registered User regular
    edited July 2009
    Moment of the Week definitely belongs to Batman: Streets of Gotham. The whole twist with Thomas Elliot at the end was subtly set up with prior dialogue with Alfred.

kfrooster on
  • MuddBuddMuddBudd Registered User regular
    edited July 2009
    Dreamon wrote: »
    And yet i find it kinda funny how there is pretty much nothing to balane out Galactus in Universe. I mean if there is a being eating planets there should also be a thing that ****s and creates new planets.

then Galactus would be eating poop, GROSS.

Also, i can't even imagine the dump you would take after devouring an entire planet. i mean, if you ate one that was heavily populated, would you need to eat a jungle planet next so you could...uh, move things along?

Galactus poops not.

Why do you think he's so big?

MuddBudd on
    There's no plan, there's no race to be run
    The harder the rain, honey, the sweeter the sun.
  • DJ EebsDJ Eebs Moderator, Administrator admin
    edited July 2009
    Okay, we're going to do a trial run on this Moment of the Week poll idea. Everyone nominate your favorite moment of this week, and I'll throw up a poll.

DJ Eebs on
  • FaynorFaynor Registered User regular
    edited July 2009
    Consider The Unspoken's backstory in Mighty my nomination, though I'm quite sure it will lose.

Faynor on
    do you wanna see me eat a hotdog
  • DrakeonDrakeon Registered User regular
    edited July 2009
    Deadpool had my moment of the week this week
    Loved the dodging the rocket scene, someone posted scans of it earlier. I'm really surprised how much this new series has grown on me.

Drakeon on
    PSN: Drakieon XBL: Drakieon Steam: TheDrakeon
  • BostonGanglerBostonGangler Registered User regular
    edited July 2009

34zipgy.gif

Yup, that was it. By far.

BostonGangler on
  • Crimson KingCrimson King Registered User regular
    edited July 2009
    I'm gonna say the Deadpool rocket thing, because really, it was awesome.

Crimson King on
    edited July 2009
    The list so far
    Mighty Avengers: "He Alpha Flighted Them" (The Unspoken's Backstory)
    Deadpool: "Aaaaaaawk!" Deadpool Vs. Rocket
    Pet Avengers: "Are you insane?" Frog Thor Don't Give A Shit

DJ Eebs on
  • SatanIsMyMotorSatanIsMyMotor Fuck Warren Ellis Registered User regular
    edited July 2009
    So, Walking Dead...
    Sucks to be Dale.

SatanIsMyMotor on
  • psycojesterpsycojester Registered User regular
    edited July 2009
    So, Walking Dead...
    Sucks to be Dale.
    Well Dale's been getting a bit too stupid to live lately. Heres hoping we can thin the herd a little bit more and end up with a band of survivors that doesn't run off and do stupid shit solely to advance the plot

psycojester on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • SatanIsMyMotorSatanIsMyMotor Fuck Warren Ellis Registered User regular
    edited July 2009
    So, Walking Dead...
    Sucks to be Dale.
    Well Dale's been getting a bit too stupid to live lately. Heres hoping we can thin the herd a little bit more and end up with a band of survivors that doesn't run off and do stupid shit solely to advance the plot

He didn't run off though. He was captured.

SatanIsMyMotor on
    edited July 2009
    So, Walking Dead...
    Sucks to be Dale.

He didn't run off though. He was captured.

Didn't he get captured because he decided to go off on his own?

psycojester on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • CrimsondudeCrimsondude Registered User regular
    edited July 2009
    wirehead26 wrote: »
    I just had to click that Scalped spoiler damnit. I won't be reading it in full till October, at least I think issue 30 is part of the 5th trade.

Well, unfortunately I just realized that the setup was a pretty big goddamn spoiler itself.
    TexiKen wrote: »
    Is JSA vs Kobra any good?

I like how Kobra's presented, and it's an interesting story even though I'm still harboring some resentment towards Trautmann for Checkmate turning to crap the moment Rucka left it to him. But I like the idea behind it and, again, dig how thorough and effective Kobra is being shown to be.

I've been debating whether to mention this because, well, because. But what the Hell. It may sell more copies of Air.

One of the characters is describing his people, the "sky gypsies", and says something to the effect that it's the only place left free of borders (ignoring the fact that this is patently false). What made me think of this thread and hesitate was that as I was reading it I was hearing the opening theme to Firefly in my head.

Also, there was more to
    Zayn returning.

The same guy who is telling this story before he has sex with Blythe (the protagonist) says before he does
    If he loved you, he'd be here.

Which makes his reappearance in the dude's bedroom window so much cooler.

Anyway, I second Throg taking no shit from Zabu.

Crimsondude on
  • LucascraftLucascraft Registered User regular
    edited July 2009
    I really liked the line in Blackest Night that Hal said on the big two page image of the 4 earth lanterns flying:
    "And we all know when you're part of the caped community, death opens your front door --

And walks right in."

Lucascraft on
  • RansRans Registered User regular
    edited July 2009
    I actually cringed at that line because I don't think the metaphor is very good.

Rans on
  • Golden YakGolden Yak Burnished Bovine The sunny beaches of CanadaRegistered User regular
    edited July 2009
    "When you're a superhero, Death drops by unannounced...

And he eats all your chips."

Golden Yak on
    H9f4bVe.png
  • MunchMunch Registered User regular
    edited July 2009
    An annoyance Scott Free and Big Barda dealt with many a time.

Munch on
    edited July 2009
    Golden Yak wrote: »
    "When you're a superhero, Death stops by to use your toilet

And he never fucking flushes."

psycojester on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited July 2009
    Added a poll.

DJ Eebs on
  • LuxLux Registered User regular
    edited July 2009
    Lucascraft wrote: »
    I really liked the line in Blackest Night that Hal said on the big two page image of the 4 earth lanterns flying:
    "And we all know when you're part of the caped community, death opens your front door --

And walks right in."

If I ever became a superhero, I'd apologize to all my close friends & family. "Sorry guys, half of you are going to be killed, and the other half are going to become my rogues gallery. Better plan out your will/costume now."

Lux on
    edited July 2009
    I guess the poll closes tonight? Remember, next moment of the week thread (TOMORROW) keep the bullshit out and nominate your favorite moments!

DJ Eebs on
  • FaynorFaynor Registered User regular
    edited July 2009
    It's official, 9.76% of this forum is cool

Faynor on
    do you wanna see me eat a hotdog
  • 143999143999 Tellin' ya not askin' ya, not pleadin' with yaRegistered User regular
    edited July 2009
    Faynor wrote: »
    It's official, 9.76% of this forum is cool

I probably would have voted for that one instead, had I, you know, remembered to.

The Inhumans are Marvel's high elves in space anymore, and I'm all for that.

143999 on
    8aVThp6.png
    edited July 2009
    OFFICIAL GRAPHIC VIOLENCE MOMENT OF THE WEEK: DEADPOOL VS. THE ROCKET

DJ Eebs on
  • eric_trautmanneric_trautmann Registered User new member
    edited July 2009
    @Crimsondude: "I like how Kobra's presented, and it's an interesting story even though I'm still harboring some resentment towards Trautmann for Checkmate turning to crap the moment Rucka left it to him. "

I'm a bit curious about the "resentment." What issues did I work on that trouble you so?

-E

eric_trautmann on
    edited July 2009
    I think he's probably thinking of when Bruce Jones took over the series following Rucka's departure.

But I'm still mad at you for killing the first Tattooed Man in your Suicide Squad arc, which meant Morrison had to use an inferior Tattooed Man in Final Crisis.

Munch on
    edited July 2009
    @Munch: So, if I've got this straight, both of you are mad at me for books I didn't write? I didn't write the Suicide Squad arc in Checkmate. Issues 17, 21-25 and Resist. If memory serves, the Suicide Squad arc in Checkmate was 15-16.

You realize they do actually put credits blocks in the books, right?

;)

-E

eric_trautmann on
    edited July 2009
    Whoops, my mistake. All I remembered about you was that you co-wrote some Checkmate issues with Rucka, and erroneously assumed them to be Suicide Squad issues. Looking at your list of credits I see you did co-write the last few Checkmate issues, as well as a story in Popgun v.2, which I enjoyed.

So yeah, complaint withdrawn, with apologies.

Munch on
    edited July 2009
    Heh.

No worries. You can make it up to me by checking out JSA V Kobra. ;)

Best

-E

eric_trautmann on