As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

360XBLA - MtG Planeswalkers tournament - Recruiting again?

• kraterfacekraterface Registered User regular
    edited July 2009
    BlueBlue wrote: »
    Sup guys. So it is terrible for a reserve to do this but I was just informed today! On sunday I'll be heading out to sea for two weeks. So, it would be nice to get as many matches as possible before then. I am free weekdays from 5:30-10:30 CST~ pm me or xbox me or something. Once again, XBL tag: Blissey

Love it when they give you short notice. The gave me a week notice that I was given Ramstein in Germany. A week to get my shit pack and all the other preparations? That's fucked.

kraterface on
    I have invented the pubic hair ghillie suit!
  • PjstelfordPjstelford Registered User regular
    edited July 2009
    If there are still slots, sign me up.

PA: PJStelford
    XBLA: Daemon Aconis

If not, keep me in mind for the next perchance? Gratsi!

Pjstelford on
  • truck-a-saurastruck-a-sauras Registered User regular
    edited July 2009
    k, sent along some friend requests to most. Anytime you see me on, even if playing another game just message me to set up a game.

truck-a-sauras on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Steam
    XBOX
  • BlueBlueBlueBlue Registered User regular
    edited July 2009
    Lost one of three so far against truck and his black deck.

I maybe could have stood a chance if I had used your assassin on your specter, but I had thought I would be able to tap it, and then have his ability kill himself. Turns out, no!

BlueBlue on
    CD World Tour status:
    Baidol Voprostein Avraham Thetheroo Taya Zerofill Effef Crimson King Lalabox Mortal Sky ASimPerson Sal Wiet Theidar Tynic Speed Racer Neotoma Goatmon ==>Larlar Munkus Beaver Day of the Bear miscellaneousinsanity Skull Man Delzhand Caulk Bite 6 Somestickguy
  • toolberttoolbert Registered User regular
    edited July 2009
    now that Octo has comepletely beat my ass in, I'm ready for my next challenge >.>;;

toolbert on
  • OctobotOctobot Registered User regular
    edited July 2009
    again i feel i got lucky. The first match i got destroyed, but rallied back in the next two (one was all one sided for me and the other was a more even match) My main luck was the lack of forest walking elves. But either way were some good matches.

BlueBlue you have only played one match or only lost one match to truck-a-saurus?

pamagic5.jpg

Octobot on
  • Jam WarriorJam Warrior Registered User regular
    edited July 2009
    And with Moridin889 in for projectmayhem, we're briefly up to full roster again!

Jam Warrior on
    MhCw7nZ.gif
    edited July 2009
    Ocoto, you only got destroyed the first match because you got mana screwed. Two lands and that deck do not mix so well. As for the last game, I made some bad, bad, bad plays that I'm still kicking myself for. I also had to mulligan twice to get a completely crappy hand. But, I had tons of fun and am waiting to take on my next challenge! I should be on Friday and Saturday morning for those who feel up to it.

toolbert on
    edited July 2009
    Wait, who am I supposed to be playing? I didn't realize the second games had been assigned.

kraterface on
    edited July 2009
    Octobot wrote: »
    BlueBlue you have only played one match or only lost one match to truck-a-saurus?

We played one game only. 2 more to go to finish up our entire match. Didn't have time to finish last night. good game.

truck-a-sauras on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Steam
    XBOX
    edited July 2009
    I've not assigned any more until everyone has one game in. But you'll be playing everyone eventually so you're free to play anyone you want whenever you want. Assigned games are just a target to keep things moving.

Jam Warrior on
    MhCw7nZ.gif
    edited July 2009
    ive just been seeking out people to play when i see them on. Im trying to get on with BlueBlue because he has the time constraints, so hopefully i can get that match in soon.

truck-a-saurus/BlueBlue ok just let me know who wins in the end and ill update the chart

Octobot on
    edited July 2009
    I just beat Moridin 2-0. It was not a glorious victory but some really bad luck with draws on Moridin's side leaving him mana short and unable to answer the blue flier army.

I've got Cullen lined up to take over from Blueblue when he sadly has to leave us.

Jam Warrior on
    MhCw7nZ.gif
    edited July 2009
    pamagic6.jpg

Octobot on
    edited July 2009
    I just beat Moridin 2-0. It was not a glorious victory but some really bad luck with draws on Moridin's side leaving him mana short and unable to answer the blue flier army.

I've got Cullen lined up to take over from Blueblue when he sadly has to leave us.

Haha, you make it sound like I'm dying.

BlueBlue on
    CD World Tour status:
    Baidol Voprostein Avraham Thetheroo Taya Zerofill Effef Crimson King Lalabox Mortal Sky ASimPerson Sal Wiet Theidar Tynic Speed Racer Neotoma Goatmon ==>Larlar Munkus Beaver Day of the Bear miscellaneousinsanity Skull Man Delzhand Caulk Bite 6 Somestickguy
    edited July 2009
    Well, I'm ready to play whenever. Anyone and everyone, feel free to send my a friend request and throw down against the all powerful Chandra deck, yeah the one that got whooped on by a robot octopus.

kraterface on
    edited July 2009
    It's go time~

Well, you have to accept my request. I am Blissey.

...I tire of waiting and it is no longer go time!

BlueBlue on
    CD World Tour status:
    edited July 2009
    Bad news everyone. I don't know why or how, but I am banned from XBL for one week. I haven't been on in a few days and then today I'm banned. Give me some time and I'll be back in the game. What sucks is that apparently, what you've accomplished in Duels is saved on XBL. That being said, if your banned you can't login. Not being able to log in means that as far as the game is concerned, you've unlocked nothing. Gay.

kraterface on
    edited July 2009
    Jam has handed the reigns of the tourney over to me. Can everyone who is in the tourney shoot me a private message just to confirm you are still interested and willing to finish. Ill also send out a message on xbox just to make sure everyone is still good to go (and if not ill get some subs in where needed). And then ill get some match assignments out and we can get some more results in (and as always if you are on with someone else and have time for yo matches go ahead and do them and just post the results)

Octobot on
    edited July 2009
    Haha, perhaps in the end I will sub in for a second time under a different deck.

BlueBlue on
    CD World Tour status:
    edited July 2009
    Ok putting the call out for a replacement, we need someone to take the white deck so we can continue with the tournament.

Octobot on
  • PjstelfordPjstelford Registered User regular
    edited July 2009
    Ok putting the call out for a replacement, we need someone to take the white deck so we can continue with the tournament.

I would option in, but the dreaded RRoD was topdecked against my monoblack elite 360.

Pjstelford on
    edited July 2009
    Pjstelford wrote: »

I would option in, but the dreaded RRoD was topdecked against my monoblack elite 360.

That's fucking awesome, your play on words here. When my elite went down, I cried for three days. That's how long it took me to figure out what was wrong and fix it.

kraterface on
  • troublebrewingtroublebrewing Registered User regular
    edited July 2009
    I'd like to play the white deck!

troublebrewing on
    edited July 2009
    perfect its yours! ok now that we have all the slots filled again and with the weekend coming up i want to encourage everyone to at least get one complete set of matches in (more would be better) Kraterface and I are going to run a proper tournament but we will wait till this battle of the decks is done before starting it up.

pamagic7t.jpg

Octobot on
    edited July 2009
    so I need to arrange a match with blueblue am i right?

troublebrewing on
    edited July 2009
    I have a whole Saturday of lounging ahead of me so I'll be watching out for you guys on Live.

Shoot me a PM even if I'm not on live and if I'm around I'll jump on.

Jam Warrior on
    MhCw7nZ.gif
    edited July 2009
    I'll be home later tonight (after 5 PST) and will be around most of Saturday. PM me and we can play some matches.

toolbert on
    edited July 2009
    Well i lost 2 matches to 1 against Jam Warrior and the blue deck. the last game was a close one too, but there just wasnt much i could do against his phantom warrior, and the cancelling of all my decent spells. Good games though!

pamagic8.jpg

Octobot on
    edited July 2009
    I think I've friended just about everybody. If anyone hasn't recieved an invite from me please feel free to drop me one as I'm able to play most nights. I probably won't have a headset on for voice but that shouldn't be a problem.

That being said will any developer ever figure out something to discourage people from dropping? It's a real drag to put 30 minutes into a 4-way match just to have people drop out before the game is even over. If your net connection is so shitty that it's going to affect your rank if you get a loss when you bail then it should be the players responsibility to figure out their connectivity issues. I'm just so sick of people dropping and this isn't the only game that it is rampant in.

troublebrewing on
    edited July 2009
    so I need to arrange a match with blueblue am i right?
    BlueBlue wrote: »
    Sup guys. So it is terrible for a reserve to do this but I was just informed today! On sunday I'll be heading out to sea for two weeks.

BlueBlue on
    CD World Tour status:
    edited July 2009
    gotcha :)

troublebrewing on
  • DeathPrawnDeathPrawn Registered User regular
    edited July 2009
    That being said will any developer ever figure out something to discourage people from dropping?

They did. It's called "only play with fellow forumers" :P

DeathPrawn on
    Signature not found.
    edited July 2009
    pamagic9.jpg

ok the weekend has come and gone and only one match was played! (that i know of) so to formalize things here are the matches i would like to have results for before saturday:

Jam Warrior VS Truck-a-saurus
    Moridin889 VS Octobot
    Toolbert VS Cullen
    Troublebrewing VS Kraterface

Octobot on
  • Moridin889Moridin889 Registered User regular
    edited July 2009
    Wednesday and Thursday I am free all day. Just send me a message Octobot.

Moridin889 on
    edited July 2009
    don't know if Jam and I will get our game in this week. time difference from UK to USA is a pain and both of us have days where we won't even be near the xbox. missed him by like 40 minutes last night (my fault there) In order to catch him I'd have to get on the moment I'm home from work which is tough. doing some house hunting this week and next. He is out for the weekend....think he is getting married? well congrats on whatever you are up to this weekend Jam.

anybody else here think we can get a game in? I'm usually on around 8 - 12 EST or so.

truck-a-sauras on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Steam
    XBOX
    edited July 2009
    i am usually on after 11pm EST (also on during the day till about 3:30pm) ill keep an eye out for you so we can get our matches done.

Octobot on
    edited July 2009
    played my match against Truck and the black deck, ended up 2 to 1 in my favour. I still think i mostly win due to lucky draws (or unlucky ones for my opponents). Hopefully there will be some other matches reported soon!

pamagic10.jpg

Octobot on
    edited July 2009
    I don't think I've seen anybody but octobot on so I haven't been able to get a game.

troublebrewing on
    edited July 2009
    ill catch my game with you next time i see you on. same with Cullen and Moridin, then ill be all done

Octobot on