As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

The Alcohol Exchange Network

• dyaballikldyaballikl PAX Main Theatre House & Security Manager • PAX Community Cartographer Gold Coast QLD AustraliaRegistered User regular
    edited March 2007
    Highfire wrote: »
    Legacy wrote: »
    Are those small shots or full shots?

DSC03366.jpg
    awww, those are like half oz'ers. well, that would work out pretty well. i'm definitely down. but dibs on the jaeger side!

dyaballikl on
    a.k.a. dya
    "Riding a mongoose reminds me of having sex with a man, which is something I do frequently because I am gay!" -Gabe
  • HighfireHighfire Registered User regular
    edited March 2007
    dyaballikl wrote: »
    Are those small shots or full shots?

shot glasses
    awww, those are like half oz'ers. well, that would work out pretty well. i'm definitely down. but dibs on the jaeger side!

I won't go near Jaeger. It's all about vodka, whiskey and anything else. But you find me at PAX, I'm game.

I'll bring one side and you bring the other.

Any other takers?

Highfire on
  • LegacyLegacy Stuck Somewhere In Cyberspace The Grid(Seattle)Registered User, ClubPA regular
    edited March 2007
    You could always play shot checkers with that.

When you get kinged, you place a full sized shot in it's place. :D

Legacy on
    Can we get the chemicals in. 'Cause anything's better than this.
    edited March 2007
    You could always play shot checkers with that.

When you get kinged, you place a full sized shot in it's place. :D

That's a good idea.

Now I just have to buy some more shot glasses.

Highfire on
  • BrokenAngelBrokenAngel Registered User regular
    edited March 2007
    I'd be too much of a lightweight to make it through a whole game. I'd be hammered halfway through. >.<

BrokenAngel on
    k9mk2carn.pngeleventhdoc2carn.png *Proud Head Girl of Slytherin & Team Red*
    edited March 2007
    I'd be too much of a lightweight to make it through a whole game. I'd be hammered halfway through. >.<

Awww.... You can cut yours with beer.

Highfire on
  • dyaballikldyaballikl PAX Main Theatre House & Security Manager • PAX Community Cartographer Gold Coast QLD AustraliaRegistered User regular
    edited March 2007
    check out the winning bidder on this auction. that's right, i can't see anything i like without buying it on ebay!!!

dyaballikl on
    a.k.a. dya
    "Riding a mongoose reminds me of having sex with a man, which is something I do frequently because I am gay!" -Gabe
    edited March 2007

Ewww I hate beer. How about rum and coke or a long island iced tea or something? I'd so be in then.

BrokenAngel on
    edited March 2007

Ewww I hate beer. How about rum and coke or a long island iced tea or something? I'd so be in then.

I don't know how to make a long island, but if you ask my friends. I make a bitchin' Jack and coke.

Highfire on
  • Moe FwackyMoe Fwacky Right Here, Right Now Drives a BuickModerator mod
    edited March 2007
    JUNGLE JUICE!!

Moe Fwacky on
    E6LkoFK.png

edited March 2007
    Moe_Fwacky wrote: »
    JUNGLE JUICE!!

YES! unless it's made with everclear... then no... just no.

BrokenAngel on
  • TheSnowiestWhaleTheSnowiestWhale Registered User regular
    edited March 2007
    JUNGLE JUICE!!

*shudder* ugh.. no thank you.. I'll stick with mixing my own, thanks.

TheSnowiestWhale on
    Gay N00b Laggers
    =GNL=
    Look for us in the pink at PAX '08!
    edited March 2007

I don't know how to make a long island, but if you ask my friends. I make a bitchin' Jack and coke.
    i drink long islands all the time, not 100% on them, though. i just know it's got a lot of bang with like 3 shots in it, along with some lemonade or iced tea, depending where you get it.

[edit] wikipedia's take on it: "A popular variation mixes equal parts vodka, gin, rum, tequila, and triple sec with 1 1/2 parts sour mix with a splash of cola. Close variants often replace the sour mix with sweet and sour mix or with lemon juice, and the cola with actual iced tea" yummy stuff

dyaballikl on
    a.k.a. dya
  • teamquigganteamquiggan Registered User regular
    edited March 2007
    Remember boys and girls, its ok to start the night with shotglass checkers(2 oz [or were they on oz...]glasses, you fill them half to start then to the top when kinged), but if you try after you're already half lit, its a one way ticket to blackoutsville on the vomit express.

teamquiggan on
    edited March 2007
    Remember boys and girls, its ok to start the night with shotglass checkers(2 oz [or were they on oz...]glasses, you fill them half to start then to the top when kinged), but if you try after you're already half lit, its a one way ticket to blackoutsville on the vomit express.

Well they're not even an oz.. More like an 1/4 of a real shot for each of them. So one game played full would be like 5-6 shot. So unless you play 4 or 5 games on a row, you need not worry.

Highfire on
    edited March 2007

Well they're not even an oz.. More like an 1/4 of a real shot for each of them. So one game played full would be like 5-6 shot. So unless you play 4 or 5 games on a row, you need not worry.

No, Im in reference to my shot checkers game, with the 2oz glasses.

teamquiggan on
  • ChizzerChizzer Registered User regular
    edited March 2007
    My requests:

1) Yuengling
    2) Fat Tire
    Neither of these are available in Canada.
    In exchange, I will be more than happy to bring down some Canadian beer/liquor.

Hit me up on AIM or MSN or e-mail if you want to exchange.

msn/email: adamchisvin@hotmail.com
    AIM: Chizzer105

Chizzer on
    edited March 2007

I know what I'm getting my roommate for his birthday now :D

I actually have a shot glass chess set.

Chizzer on
    edited March 2007
    Chizzer wrote: »
    My requests:

1) Yuengling
    2) Fat Tire
    Neither of these are available in Canada.
    In exchange, I will be more than happy to bring down some Canadian beer/liquor.

Hit me up on AIM or MSN or e-mail if you want to exchange.

msn/email: adamchisvin@hotmail.com
    AIM: Chizzer105

009.png

teamquiggan on
    edited March 2007
    Hahahahahahah

Chizzer on
    edited March 2007
    OK, here are all the beers avalible with ease:
    http://www.thebeerstore.ca/Beers/brandsearch_results.asp

If you know of any Mircos that you wanna try in and around the Ottawa GTA corridor, I MAY be able to get them. Though usually its a safe bet its at the beerstore.

I reserve the right to not get beers I deem shitty, ie LINK, Even though it may seem like its kinda videogame related, it blows, No Keiths, also no domestic Nationals, cuz you can probably get then anyways.

Pre edit: apparently Michigan import laws are hella lame, I'm still trying to figure out how much we can bring, because their laws are alot more restrictive then your federal government's.

an Edit: I just called Michigan's LLC, and It seems that you are allowed to bring in 312ounces of beer per person, so about a two-four each. Without getting special written permission.

teamquiggan on
    edited March 2007
    My requests:

1) Yuengling
    2) Fat Tire
    the alltime greatest burger beer! probably can't get it cuz it's from belgium.

dyaballikl on
    a.k.a. dya
    edited March 2007

If you know of any Mircos that you wanna try in and around the Ottawa GTA corridor, I MAY be able to get them. Though usually its a safe bet its at the beerstore.

I reserve the right to not get beers I deem shitty, ie LINK, Even though it may seem like its kinda videogame related, it blows, No Keiths, also no domestic Nationals, cuz you can probably get then anyways.

Pre edit: apparently Michigan import laws are hella lame, I'm still trying to figure out how much we can bring, because their laws are alot more restrictive then your federal government's.

an Edit: I just called Michigan's LLC, and It seems that you are allowed to bring in 312ounces of beer per person, so about a two-four each. Without getting special written permission.

This being the case, Team_Q and myself are coming in together from Ottawa. As such, we can cover eachother if one's requests get too large.

Chizzer on
    edited March 2007

This being the case, Team_Q and myself are coming in together from Ottawa. As such, we can cover eachother if one's requests get too large.

The coffee Ale,Coffee Porter, looks like something I'd like to try.

And the Cest What Homegrown Hemp Ale, sounds a lot like the Hemp Ale we have in California.

Highfire on
  • xeroismygodxeroismygod Registered User regular
    edited March 2007
    Will trade shots of imported tequila for your import.

xeroismygod on
    edited March 2007
    Will trade shots of imported tequila for your import.

Ever since the first three weeks of university, tequila is NOT my friend.
    It's been close to four years, and I still can't even smell it.

Chizzer on
  • Shazkar ShadowstormShazkar Shadowstorm Registered User regular
    edited March 2007
    I had one bad night with tequila a few months ago, and the thought of it makes me feel unwell.

Well, it wasn't just one bad night, but the entire next day as well.

Shazkar Shadowstorm on
    poo
  • Samir Duran DuranSamir Duran Duran Registered User regular
    edited March 2007

Yeah, I like arrhythmias too.

Also, has anyone else tried Tucker Death Mix? For those not in the know:
    http://www.drinksmixer.com/drink8087.html

Samir Duran Duran on
    Ani121OD.pngSpr_3e_121.gifAni121OD.png
  • DeadlySherpaDeadlySherpa Registered User regular
    edited March 2007

I figure i have to try that someday

I get by alright with a vodka redbull mix, it's suprising how strong you can mix red bull before you get too much of a bite

oh p.s. Is the tariff something i should even be worried about? Or is it just a few bucks for what i can carry in a cooler'?

DeadlySherpa on
    tf2_sig.png
  • MattyPMattyP Registered User regular
    edited March 2007

And yet, nobody has listed the 1up? Someone get on that, chop chop.

@DeadlySherpa: It's something like a liter without having to pay duty on it. Bring a liter and you pay nothing. Bring more and you'll be paying extra.

MattyP on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited March 2007

I get by alright with a vodka redbull mix, it's suprising how strong you can mix red bull before you get too much of a bite

oh p.s. Is the tariff something i should even be worried about? Or is it just a few bucks for what i can carry in a cooler'?

I wouldn't be carrying your alcohol across the border in a cooler, it might look a little too much like you're trying to drink it on the road. As long as you buy the beer warm you can cool it later with no problems.

Moe Fwacky on
    E6LkoFK.png

edited March 2007

I wouldn't be carrying your alcohol across the border in a cooler, it might look a little too much like you're trying to drink it on the road. As long as you buy the beer warm you can cool it later with no problems.
    true, but beer that never gets warm is far better than beer that is warmed and later cooled.

dyaballikl on
    a.k.a. dya
  • b0wserb0wser PAX HHL Deputy Manager CanadaRegistered User regular
    edited March 2007
    sort of how chocolate bars are better out of a vending machine, because they've been dropped-- as to allow for their full flavour potential.

b0wser on
    edited March 2007
    b0wser wrote: »
    sort of how chocolate bars are better out of a vending machine, because they've been dropped-- as to allow for their full flavour potential.

yes......exactlyO_o

dyaballikl on
    a.k.a. dya
    edited March 2007
    If the beer was never cold in the first place, then it never got warm, it just was warm, and tastes better after its first cooling than beer out of a cooler that warms up and gets cooled again.

Moe Fwacky on
    E6LkoFK.png

• DeadlySherpaDeadlySherpa Registered User regular
    edited March 2007
    It's all so clear to me now

Anyways the cooler was just to hold the beer regardless of it's temperature state. The plan in my head was to introduce the liquor to the ice machine once I arrived at the hotel. I was just wondering how much a cooler's worht of beer would cost to bring over the border.

DeadlySherpa on
    tf2_sig.png
    edited March 2007
    If you're alcohol cooling needs are anything like ours were last year, you'll need to have them bring down the ice. Last year, the hotel we were staying at's ice machines weren't up to the task of filling our bathtub with ice, so we had to call them up and have the ice brought in from the kitchen.

Moe Fwacky on
    E6LkoFK.png

edited March 2007
    you could always just find a convenience store with an ice machine!
    l_1b2ce9aaabf3f2826bfaab4c4638c17f.jpg
    haha, sorry, that pic's just so funny, i had to throw it in!

dyaballikl on
    a.k.a. dya
  • ElectricTurtleElectricTurtle Seeress WARegistered User regular
    edited March 2007
    I might spice up Sealab with some sake, a genre of libation I see nobody has even mentioned, you heathens. I suppose I can understand, outside of the west coast, sake in the US has only any real hold in New York City. The only thing I'll need to resolve is whether to bring a large bottle of relative crap or small bottles of good quality. Sake bombs will not be tolerated.

I also might bring some mead, another greatly underappreciated drink.

Too bad I can't deliver these in great volume, so it's best to stay on my good side and come to the hardware industry panel I'm going to be moderating this year. Also, if any girls are making out with each other like last year, they will be given priority.

ElectricTurtle on
    yfrxgugaj8wu.png
  • b0wserb0wser PAX HHL Deputy Manager CanadaRegistered User regular
    edited March 2007
    Oh right, there were also a bunch of sake bombs at the NESkimos party too.

b0wser on
This discussion has been closed.