As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Sexy girl in Space (NSFW)

Fuzzy ModemFuzzy Modem Registered User regular
edited July 2009 in Artist's Corner
An evening's work, simply because I was tired of my old desktop background. Nothing made from scratch except the planets which were created using the Lunar Cell filter.

nude_in_space_sm.jpg

1600x1200

1024x768

Thoughts?

Fuzzy Modem on

• Options
    edited July 2009
    'Nother. 16:9 this time. Not as happy with this one...

mooncastle_sm.jpg

1440x800

1920x1200

2490x1400

Still a wip. Suggestions?

Fuzzy Modem on
  • Options
    Stupid Mr Whoopsie NameStupid Mr Whoopsie Name Registered User, ClubPA regular
    edited July 2009
    Could you explain how these are created? Then maybe I could find a way to offer a better critique.

Stupid Mr Whoopsie Name on
  • Options
    GreatnationGreatnation Registered User regular
    edited July 2009
    obv watercolors

Greatnation on
  • Options
    NappuccinoNappuccino Surveyor of Things and Stuff Registered User regular
    edited July 2009
    you might not want to use the same sexy girl for both backgrounds considering the appeal of coming back to the same creator is the same quality and new sexy girls (...i'd imagine)

Nappuccino on
    Like to write? Want to get e-published? Give us a look-see at http://wednesdaynightwrites.com/
    Rorus Raz wrote: »
    There's also the possibility you just can't really grow a bear like other guys.

Not even BEAR vaginas can defeat me!
    cakemikz wrote: »
    And then I rub actual cake on myself.
    Loomdun wrote: »
    thats why you have chest helmets
  • Options
    LoomdunLoomdun Registered User regular
    edited July 2009
    It looks as though its a photo of a person with slight color tones added to her, the background in the first one looks like some kind of forest that was then altered purple.

It looks like its just a bunch of photos put together

Loomdun on
    splat
  • Options
    edited July 2009
    Could you explain how these are created? Then maybe I could find a way to offer a better critique.

's all photoshop. The girl and landscape are from photographs. The rest is layers and filters.
    Loomdun wrote: »
    It looks as though its a photo of a person with slight color tones added to her, the background in the first one looks like some kind of forest that was then altered purple.

It looks like its just a bunch of photos put together

That's a pretty good description, though those are rocks, not trees.
    Nappuccino wrote: »
    you might not want to use the same sexy girl for both backgrounds considering the appeal of coming back to the same creator is the same quality and new sexy girls (...i'd imagine)

Good thought.

Fuzzy Modem on
  • Options
    edited July 2009
    well there could of been trees photoshopped out with the sand texture, i'm not sure why you made a thread and not just posted in the doodle thread do you want critiques? But I mean there is carefully considered lighting at least in all the same direction but still merely only used photos. I guess because its NSFW

Loomdun on
    splat
  • Options
    MetalbourneMetalbourne Inside a cluster b personalityRegistered User regular
    edited July 2009
    My biggest complaint is that the girl is the sharpest, most defined part of both pictures, which makes it pretty apparent that she doesn't belong there.

The first one is especially bad because of the contrast between her 'realness' and the pastel colored fuzzy background.

Metalbourne on
  • Options
    KendeathwalkerKendeathwalker Registered User regular
    edited July 2009
    down loomy down. not all the stuff posted here has to be a drawing or a painting. Matte painters use photographic elements if I remember correctly

I feel the second one is much more successful. You just need a bit more of a sense of atmosphere. If you are not familiar with what atmospheric perspective do look up the technical definition but basically. The reason the second one is a bit confusing is that building needs to lose some contrast and take on more of the color of the atmosphere.

The moon and smaller planet are pretty distracting nix em... Id maybe even make the larger planet more subtle.

Kendeathwalker on
  • Options
    RankenphileRankenphile Passersby were amazed by the unusually large amounts of blood.Registered User, Moderator mod
    edited July 2009
    matte painters, texture artists and a lot of other industry artists use photo sources and elements all the time

Rankenphile on
    8406wWN.png
  • Options
    winter_combat_knightwinter_combat_knight Registered User regular
    edited July 2009
    I like the first one better than the second one. I like the purple coloured background. Do you think it would look better darker toned? ATM it seems a little too 'light'. Maybe adjust the contrast a smidge. Also, witht the top one, i dont think those blurry clouds are working (particularly the one close to the moon centre page). In the second one , i do like the artificial reflection. I needa learn that in photoshop myself. But anyway, overall they look interesting, i guess its just a matter of practice and experimentation.

winter_combat_knight on
  • Options
    edited July 2009
    I keep forgetting about matte painting and the fact that it even exist all the time for some reason

oops

Loomdun on
    splat