As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

Any gamer girls going?

HighfireHighfire Registered User regular
edited August 2005 in PAX Archive
Is there any women going to the PAX this year, and not just the 'Frag Girls'? If so any of you good at FPS? I trying to set up a team for BF:DC, and looking for some good players. Male and Female. Anyone one up to join? Must have played; all BF expansions, CS & CS:S, and anyothers I didn't place down. I'm willing to place down some boxes Pocky and Bawls the night before, for an Lan party practice. But Some one needs to open there room for that. Anyone in?

Highfire on

• TobiTobi Registered User regular
    edited June 2005
    Frag Dolls, hun.

Well, I'll be going.... and several girls from my clan (www.pmsclan.com). We're ALL good at FPS, as that is our concentration. We'll probably have close to 15 girls show up for PAX, and we're planning on giving you boys some serious competition. (:

We're holding some mini-lan tournaments in our hotel (we're staying at the Double Tree) so guys are welcome to drop by for a game or two!

Tobi on
    PMS clan + My 1UP profile + Myspace +

GT(s): sagaciouz (Xbox 360), Annarchy (Halo 2)
  • ShadeShade Registered User regular
    edited June 2005
    Tobi wrote:
    Frag Dolls, hun.

Well, I'll be going.... and several girls from my clan (www.pmsclan.com). We're ALL good at FPS, as that is our concentration. We'll probably have close to 15 girls show up for PAX, and we're planning on giving you boys some serious competition. (:

We're holding some mini-lan tournaments in our hotel (we're staying at the Double Tree) so guys are welcome to drop by for a game or two!

I would love to have my ass handed to me by you lovely ladies!
    See you there!

Shade on
  • HighfireHighfire Registered User regular
    edited June 2005
    Tobi wrote:
    Frag Dolls, hun.

Well....If I can get a team together, your on.

Highfire on
  • JinxJinx Registered User regular
    edited June 2005
    i also know a few more girls who will be going, and there was already a good turnout of girls last year. PAX is cool like that.

Jinx on
    The Guitar Zeros << My friend's rad band that everyone should <3
    linkstick.gif
    edited June 2005
    Jinx FD wrote:
    i also know a few more girls who will be going, and there was already a good turnout of girls last year. PAX is cool like that.

Groovy

Highfire on
  • FTVFTV Registered User regular
    edited June 2005
    I'll be there.

FTV on
  • BorfaseBorfase __BANNED USERS regular
    edited June 2005
    girls play games too, you guys

Borfase on
    duhhhh i like spaghetti-o's lolz
  • lilibatlilibat Registered User regular
    edited June 2005
    I'll be going but haven't played FPSs much since I developed a motion sickness problem with them around Quake Arena. My twitch skills are pretty much in the crapper, but I could always play a little then barf on the other team!

j/k

lilibat on
    ~ lilibat
    edited June 2005
    Borfase wrote:

gosh, no they don't. and there are no girls on the internet. i don't know what you're thinking.

Jinx on
    linkstick.gif
    edited June 2005
    Jinx FD wrote:
    Borfase wrote:

gosh, no they don't. and there are no girls on the internet. i don't know what you're thinking.

what the fuck is the internet?

Borfase on
    edited June 2005
    Borfase wrote:
    Jinx FD wrote:
    Borfase wrote:

what the fuck is the internet?

its this place where jackasses are free to be jackasses and the whole of society is reduced to a 250 page thread about wether batman could kick spiderman's ass.

Shade on
  • SlignotSlignot Registered User regular
    edited June 2005
    I'm going, but I'm only marginally a gamer. I'm dating a gamer, but I'm picky about what I play. I'm not very good with any FPS.

Slignot on
    5535a6a4.png
    edited June 2005
    Highfire wrote:
    Tobi wrote:
    Frag Dolls, hun.

No need for a team, we could always run some FFA's.

Tobi on

• MulysaSemproniusMulysaSempronius but also susie nyRegistered User regular
    edited June 2005
    Are any gamer guys going? I'd rather hang out with them

MulysaSempronius on
    If that's all there is my friends, then let's keep dancing
    edited June 2005

I'll be there....

but I'll be hanging out with the gamer girls :lol:

Shade on
  • DogDog Registered User, Administrator, Vanilla Staff admin
    edited June 2005
    I'd like to meet a woman who could give me a run for my money at Smash Bros.

Unknown User on
    edited June 2005
    Tobi wrote:
    Highfire wrote:
    Tobi wrote:
    Frag Dolls, hun.

No need for a team, we could always run some FFA's.

Your on. Look me up at the Douuble Tree.

Highfire on
    edited June 2005

guys play games too, you know

Borfase on
    edited June 2005
    lilibat wrote:
    I'll be going but haven't played FPSs much since I developed a motion sickness problem with them around Quake Arena. My twitch skills are pretty much in the crapper, but I could always play a little then barf on the other team!

j/k
    I'm trying to get as many people as I can right now, so if you had played atleast some FPS's. That's a start.

Highfire on
  • slacktronslacktron Registered User regular
    edited June 2005
    Amazing. Two Doubletree LANs announced in a single thread.

Highfire: I'm a gamer guy. PC only. Have played all the Battlefield games (including Battlefield 2), CS, and CS:Source. Me and one of my Enemy Territory clanmates (male) are staying at the Doubletree, so if you need help filling out your roster, we'd like to stop by and try out.

PMSclan: I've never played an Xbox game, so I would love stop by and get schooled while I'm trying to find the reload button on those alien controllers.

I'd also like to see what your clan does to build teamwork.

Funny story. I've played a bit of basketball with a pretty tight knit group of guys who are all business during a tournament, but in pick-up games it always turns into a showoff contest. Here at the University of Oregon, the women's basketball team plays pickup games over the summer. The cool thing about them is that although they have the talent to display individual skills, they commit to teamwork at every opportunity. I find the same thing happens with my clanmates. In pick-up games on a pub server, everyone is honing individual skills. When tournament time comes around we are at a disadvantage because teamwork > individual skill. I don't know what it is with us guys, but it seems like teamwork is a hard thing to teach, regardless of the endeavor.

slacktron on
    slacktron_zombie_fighter_sig.jpg
    edited June 2005
    I think, with a lot of guys, it's easy for the ego to get in the way. There's status in being the best player on the team, the one who "carries" the others. Girls have the same temptation. Do all of us experience it? Not necessarily, just like not all guys necessarily do. But I think that guys have more difficulty hiding that away.

I've had the problem before, wanting to prove myself, wanting to be the best. in the end I'm honest enough with myself to admit that I'm not the best, and I do as I'm told and try to help my team to be better than the sum of its parts by working together.

Cooperation does a lot more than one might think. We've come through some matches where the other team had more skilled players, but we won because we caught them in the open, one or two at a time, trying to act the hero.

Jinx on
    linkstick.gif
    edited June 2005
    Yeah, our teamwork is actually what sets us apart from most players over XBL. It's a combination of skill, and realizing that you're not the only player. We share weapons, we talk a lot (where the enemy is, what weapons he has), and you will NEVER run into just one of us. In Halo, we concentrate entirely on teamwork and just let the skill naturally build up.

It's hard sometimes to back off when you're pretty sure of yourself, but necessary.

Anyway, I was lucky enough to watch the Frag Dolls play some matches at E3 - there teamwork is AMAZING, but they have the individual skill as well. I remember during a game of America's Army (I think), all the dolls were down except for Morgan (I can't remember her GT, rhoulette maybe?) and she killed off 4 of the other teams players and won it. Pretty cool....

Tobi on

edited June 2005
    slacktron wrote:
    Amazing. Two Doubletree LANs announced in a single thread.

Highfire: I'm a gamer guy. PC only. Have played all the Battlefield games (including Battlefield 2), CS, and CS:Source. Me and one of my Enemy Territory clanmates (male) are staying at the Doubletree, so if you need help filling out your roster, we'd like to stop by and try out.

Groovy.. Just pm or AIM me, before the PAX. So we can find when and where to meet, druing the PAX.

Highfire on
    edited June 2005
    I still need atlest two people. Anyone?

Highfire on
  • GrathGrath I'm a much happier person these days Registered User, ClubPA regular
    edited June 2005
    I'm totally a hot gamer girl I play fps in the nude but my favorite games to play are RTS games becaus they only take one hand :wink:

Grath on
    edited June 2005
    omg it's that hatsumi chick

psp.jpg

:lol:

Jinx on
    linkstick.gif
    edited June 2005
    Grath wrote:
    I'm totally a hot gamer girl I play fps in the nude but my favorite games to play are RTS games becaus they only take one hand :wink:

Yeah.... Hold on, I be at you house to mace you. In about 10 mins? You just wait there. Ok?

No, am not posting this for what you think, I saw some pics of PAX 04' And it was mostly guys and a few of the 'Frag Dolls'. So to hell with you and your thoughts. I was asking, to see, if there was going to be anyone that was a girl.And plays FPS. The only one I know of is my 40 year old aunt, that plays Halo. But I know none that play any PC FPS.

Hell for all I know, not saying it is true, all the girls that go to the PAX could just play MMORPGs and other games to that. So back off.

Highfire on
    edited June 2005
    Besides I most likely be stoned off my ass to care who's playing.

Highfire on
  • SmallLadySmallLady Registered User regular
    edited June 2005
    well.... i'm a girl... and i'm a gamer....

can't promise anything on the hot part though... *although my bf would beg to differ im sure*

SmallLady on
    "we're just doing what smalllady told us to do" - @Heels
    edited June 2005
    Highfire wrote:
    lilibat wrote:

j/k
    I'm trying to get as many people as I can right now, so if you had played atleast some FPS's. That's a start.

No really. I'll probably last 5 mins and have to barf. It's NOT pretty. :-(

I wish it wasn't the case. I used to love FPSs. *sigh*

lilibat on
    ~ lilibat
  • slacktronslacktron Registered User regular
    edited June 2005
    Right, but that's because of Quake III: Arena, right?

One of my gaming buddies gets so notoriously ill from FPS games that he's been stuck with the "Dr. Vertigo" nickname for years now. Thing was, only Unreal Tournament and Serious Sam gave him problems. He can handle "somewhat" realistic FPSes without a problem (Enemy Territory, Splinter Cell, FarCry,Half-Life/counterstrike).
    I've been playing FPSes since Wolfenstein 3d without a problem, but I get queasy going up and down spiral staircases in-game.

So it might not be you that's the problem. Maybe it's a particular map or game.

slacktron on
    slacktron_zombie_fighter_sig.jpg
    edited June 2005
    guyz eye plan on b-ing wit all da hot gamr grrrrrrls da entyre tyme lol! :twisted:

Borfase on
    edited June 2005
    that's because you're the hottest frag doll, borfase. gosh.

Jinx on
    linkstick.gif
    edited June 2005
    yeah dude totally

Borfase on
    edited June 2005
    Sadly no, it's been every FPS since Q:Arena. I can handle console FPS games a little longer, but all PC FPSs make me sick.

It sucks.

lilibat on
    ~ lilibat
  • TheresaTheresa Registered User regular
    edited June 2005
    borfases play games too guys

Theresa on
  • BogeyBogey I'm back, baby! Santa Monica, CAModerator mod
    edited June 2005
    eekers FD wrote:
    borfases play games too guys

Just not very well... :P