As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

The Phalliad: Hades

ElJeffeElJeffe Moderator, ClubPA mod
edited March 2007 in Critical Failures
hadesrealm.jpg

Welcome to Hades! This is where all deceased players go, and this is where the game continues. You are, after all, Phallians. You’re not going to let something silly like death stop you from fighting for the good of your city, are you?

First, the rules:

- The dead may not post in the main Phalla thread, and the living may not post here.

- As said before, there is to be no communication via PM between the living and the dead.

- The dead are welcome to read the main thread. The living, however, are barred from reading past the second post of this thread. If you want to read about what's going down in Hades, you'll just have to die. Of course, it will be very difficult for me to determine if anyone is cheating here, but I figure if you're cheating at an internet game with a bunch of people you don't even know, your patheticness is punishment enough.

So, what are you to do in Hades? Well, your principle responsibility is to vote for who YOU would like to kill each night. At the end of every night (still 7:00pm PDT), the spirits of Hades will rise up and suck the life force from the body of the person with the most votes. That is, you’ll kill him. Yes, this will work against Athan, as well. Yes, this is how you’re supposed to kill him. Note that it is not necessary for you to vote anyone for death on any given night. If there are no votes, you don’t kill anyone. If there is even one vote, though, a soul is getting slurped down into the Gray Wastes. Also, these kills can't be blocked by the guardians - though they're awesome warriors, they can't defend against a force they can't see.

In addition to this principle ability, new abilities will be gained depending on the demographics in Hades. Dead specials will grant you new powers, and dead spies will grant the spies new powers. Sometimes, the ability granted may be more useful than the special himself was when he was alive. Sometimes not, and sometimes a dead special won’t grant you squat. These powers will be listed as they’re acquired, and this post will be updated to include the current tally of each type of dead Phallian. That is, the total number of hoplites, oracles, and so on will be listed, for handy-dandy reference. The resident list will also be updated, so you all know who, exactly, is in Hades at any given time.

Also with regards to gained powers: The powers are based on the number of a certain type of special, not which actual person is in here. If a power is gained when you have two dead Oracles, it doesn’t matter which two. This also means that you could lose an ability if you raise a special with the Staff of Asclepius.

There will be no separate narratives posted in Hades, so you’ll want to follow the narratives posted in the main thread.

I submitted an entry to Lego Ideas, and if 10,000 people support me, it'll be turned into an actual Lego set!If you'd like to see and support my submission, follow this link.
ElJeffe on

• Options
    edited March 2007
    Demographics of Hades:

40 Hoplites
    2 Seers
    6 Spies
    1 Vessel
    1 Phylakas

Abilities Granted to Hades:

Forces of Phallia:
    - From each night after tonight, the roles of new entrants to Hades will be revealed
    - If a Phylakas blocks a spy's kill, the identity of one living spy will be revealed at random. (REVOKED)

Forces of Greece:
    - The spies of Hades can reach up and slurp the soul out of a person of their choosing, killing him. This is a one-time ability. (USED)
    - The spies of Hades can block one spirit kill of their choosing. This is a one-time ability. (USED)
    - The spies of Hades can reach up and soul-slurp one more person. This is a one-time ability.
    - The spies of Hades can block one more spirit kill of their choosing. This is a one-time ability. (USED)
    - The spies of Hades may permanently revoke any one ability gained by the Hades' Phallians. The ability to revoke must be chosen before tomorrow night's vote. (USED)
    - The spies of Hades may spirit kill one person of their choosing each night. This is in addition to any single-use spirit kills they may already get.
    - Athan gains one extra kill per night.

Population of Hades:

Dread Pirate Cassandra
    Tofu
    Smasher
    Tuxkamen
    Saburbia
    Elkamil
    Gundam
    Bunyip
    Plutonium
    Picardathon
    DarkPrimus
    Locus
    FunkyWaltDogg
    TehSpectre
    Thorgot
    DevoutlyApathetic
    Last Son
    Nerissa
    Lady Eri
    FarseerBaradas
    Bliss 101
    ArrBeeBee
    PsychoLarry1
    Dynagrip
    Senor Fish
    SUPERSUGA
    AcidSerra
    Ardor
    Variable
    redx
    Jameserson
    jdarksun
    GrimmyTOA
    Manning'sEquation
    Grid System
    Gnasty
    Squashua
    Lord Cecil Eaglelaser
    Rygar
    Talonrazor
    Hakkekage
    Buzz Buzz
    Shamus
    Malkor
    Andrew_Jay
    RonnieDobbs
    MechMantis
    precisionk
    Serpent

ElJeffe on
    I submitted an entry to Lego Ideas, and if 10,000 people support me, it'll be turned into an actual Lego set!If you'd like to see and support my submission, follow this link.
  • Options
    Look Out it's Sabs!Look Out it's Sabs! Registered User regular
    edited March 2007
    We can assume nothing but death!.....That and we have a spy and a seer down here with us.

Edit: forgot about Cass

Look Out it's Sabs! on
    NNID: Sabuiy
    3DS: 2852-6809-9411
  • Options
    edited March 2007
    Dangit, people, you were too damned fast. Would you mind deleting your posts, so that the one above is the second one?

ElJeffe on
  • Options
    Last SonLast Son Registered User regular
    edited March 2007
    Well it looks like Ardor is a dead man, the spies have an unblockable kill.

Last Son on
  • Options
    thorgotthorgot there is special providence in the fall of a sparrowRegistered User regular
    edited March 2007
    Post 1: I was afraid there wouldn't be enough villagers to counteract the spies kill towards our seers. But I think 15 or so should be enough to keep the vote away from Ardor.

Post 2:
    The Demographics:
    Spies - 1
    Seers - 1
    Hoplites - 17
    + Cass from yesterday, so that's 2 spies, 1 seer, and 17 hoplites.
    damn, beated.

Also, anybody feel like not listening to Cass?

thorgot on
    campionthorgotsig.jpg
  • Options
    FunkyWaltDoggFunkyWaltDogg Columbia, SCRegistered User regular
    edited March 2007
    ElJeffe wrote: »
    Dangit, people, you were too damned fast. Would you mind deleting your posts, so that the one above is the second one?

I didn't even realize we could delete posts from the middle of a thread now. Mine's gone.

FunkyWaltDogg on
  • Options
    DarkPrimusDarkPrimus Registered User regular
    edited March 2007
    Last Son wrote: »

There is no Capital Dee Colon large enough to express my anguish.

We can only hope that through his death we can gain some ability to fight against the Grecians.

DarkPrimus on
  • Options
    edited March 2007
    So ElJeffe, if one of us poor souls is raised back into the land of the living can we tell everyone what was talked about/happening in this thread(only up to the point we were raised of course)?

Last Son on
  • Options
    edited March 2007
    DarkPrimus wrote: »

There is no Capital Dee Colon large enough to express my anguish.

We can only hope that through his death we can gain some ability to fight against the Grecians.

We get powers when powers are lost in the living world it seems, it would be good if the seer who died would show himself (herself?), since there is no point hiding it now.

Look Out it's Sabs! on
  • Options
    edited March 2007
    So ElJeffe, if one of us poor souls is raised back into the land of the living can we tell everyone what was talked about/happening in this thread(only up to the point we died of course)?

I don't see why not. That sort of shit went down all the time in ancient Greece, didn't it?

FunkyWaltDogg on
  • Options
    NerissaNerissa Registered User regular
    edited March 2007

wait, what?

Nerissa on
  • Options
    edited March 2007
    Nerissa wrote: »

wait, what?

Check the third post. It's a special power they get since they have 2 spies.

EDIT: Oh, I see. It doesn't say whether they can block it. I'd guess they can't since it's described as a soul slurp, just like the vote.

FunkyWaltDogg on
  • Options
    thorgotthorgot there is special providence in the fall of a sparrowRegistered User regular
    edited March 2007

wait, what?

ElJeffe, clarification? Is the spy kill unblockable, or just our votekill?

thorgot on
    campionthorgotsig.jpg
  • Options
    edited March 2007
    Clarification, please... the specials we have are the ones who died, right? The powers aren't randomly distributed to someone else when they die?

And... SHIT it's going to be tough to keep track of everything.

Nerissa on
  • Options
    edited March 2007

wait, what?

Well if they do kill Ardor, than he comes here, than we have 2 seers and we gain a power.

Look Out it's Sabs! on
  • Options
    edited March 2007

wait, what?

EDIT: Oh, I see. It doesn't say whether they can block it. I'd guess they can't since it's described as a soul slurp, just like the vote.

ah, ok... I read too fast, and I'm too tired... I misunderstood

Nerissa on
  • Options
    edited March 2007
    Saburbia wrote: »

wait, what?

Well if they do kill Ardor, than he comes here, than we have 2 seers and we gain a power.

But if he doesn't realize they can kill him, he will keep the staff, and they will get it.

thorgot on
    campionthorgotsig.jpg
  • Options
    edited March 2007
    thorgot wrote: »

wait, what?

But if he doesn't realize they can kill him, he will keep the staff, and they will get it.

Who will get it? The dead spies?

EDIT: According to the first post, it seems like the live villagers can read ElJeffe's second post which describes the powers of the dead.

FunkyWaltDogg on
  • Options
    edited March 2007

wait, what?

Would the spies get it if they killed him from down here? How would it work if the dead killed the person who has the staff?

Look Out it's Sabs! on
  • Options
    edited March 2007

wait, what?

Who will get it? The dead spies?

Wow, that's another good question. Who gets the staff if he dies from the dead, in any way?

thorgot on
    campionthorgotsig.jpg
  • Options
    BunyipBunyip Registered User regular
    edited March 2007
    What up. Mind the spear. :(

Bunyip on
    twobit2a.gif
  • Options
    edited March 2007

wait, what?

Well, I hope by now he has someone trustworthy to give it to. If both other seers got in touch with him, he's at least got one left.

Nerissa on
  • Options
    gundam470gundam470 Drunk Gorilla CaliforniaRegistered User regular
    edited March 2007
    Wtf man. Wtf.

gundam470 on
    gorillaSig.jpg
  • Options
    edited March 2007
    gundam470 wrote: »
    Wtf man. Wtf.

Dude we are the awesome ones now, we get toKill Athan, .... kinda.

But now we have to stay in touch with two threads, at least down here it won't go through so many pages since theres less people.

Look Out it's Sabs! on
  • Options
    edited March 2007
    This dual-thread is gonna make me create the most glorious spreadsheet ever seen with separate sheets for living/dead, color coded columns for I think is evil and/or Athan, and comments aplenty for every damn thing ever posted.

@Suburbia, but for how long will it have less people? Another slaughter like that and we will outnumber the living.

Last Son on
  • Options
    Lady EriLady Eri Registered User regular
    edited March 2007
    Sigh... half of the network I created to kill spy #3 is dead. I do hope the rest manage to figure it out. How does it go Tofu?

Lady Eri on
  • Options
    SmasherSmasher Starting to get dizzy Registered User regular
    edited March 2007
    This is a great way to keep killed players in the game Jeffe. Bravo!

Smasher on
  • Options
    edited March 2007
    SO like we got the spreadsheet people here? Whoooo!

Squasha is left high above right? I really should go look back to see who's dead.

Look Out it's Sabs! on
  • Options
    edited March 2007
    Lady Eri wrote: »
    Sigh... half of the network I created to kill spy #3 is dead. I do hope the rest manage to figure it out. How does it go Tofu?

Tell us all about it!

FunkyWaltDogg on
  • Options
    edited March 2007
    Here's what I don't get so far!

1. We're told we vote for who to kill above ground, but that ability is listed under "Forces of Greece". Does that mean that we vote for someone, and any spies down here also vote for someone? Or are they both referring to the same thing?
    2. Were we selected randomly to die, or were we all chosen by the spies, or was it a mixture?

Bunyip on
    twobit2a.gif
  • Options
    edited March 2007
    This dual-thread is gonna make me create the most glorious spreadsheet ever seen with separate sheets for living/dead, color coded columns for I think is evil and/or Athan, and comments aplenty for every damn thing ever posted.

@Suburbia, but for how long will it have less people? Another slaughter like that and we will outnumber the living.

From the sounds of it, the living are going to start it out like a normal phalla, since Athan said we will kill the form the inside, Im guessing spies will start getting daily kills.

FWD : that would be a good idea, but Lady Eri remember, no names, we have spies down here.

Look Out it's Sabs! on
  • Options
    gundam470gundam470 Drunk Gorilla CaliforniaRegistered User regular
    edited March 2007
    Lady Eri wrote: »

Tell us all about it!

For reals, do you know who the dead seer is? Is it you? Are you trying to tell us it was you?

gundam470 on
    gorillaSig.jpg
  • Options
    edited March 2007
    Yes Eri. The dead spies can't tell the living ones, and nobody alive can know.

thorgot on
    campionthorgotsig.jpg
  • Options
    edited March 2007
    Also I'm wary of outing our seer down here just yet. I'd like to see some for/against before taking that step.

Bunyip on
    twobit2a.gif
  • Options
    edited March 2007

From the sounds of it, the living are going to start it out like a normal phalla, since Athan said we will kill the form the inside, Im guessing spies will start getting daily kills.

FWD : that would be a good idea, but Lady Eri remember, no names, we have spies down here.

No living hoplite names, you mean. Naming spy #3 or the dead hoplites in her network should be no problem I would think.

FunkyWaltDogg on
  • Options
    edited March 2007
    Bunyip wrote: »
    Here's what I don't get so far!

1. We're told we vote for who to kill above ground, but that ability is listed under "Forces of Greece". Does that mean that we vote for someone, and any spies down here also vote for someone? Or are they both referring to the same thing?
    2. Were we selected randomly to die, or were we all chosen by the spies, or was it a mixture?

Its two different abilities, as a whole we have the ability to vote someone to have their soul sucked. The spies have an addition one-time power to kill someone of their choosing.

If anyone starts leaking info to the living world against the rules, may the gods of games curse them and cause their hands to shrivel and fall off so that they play nevermore!

Last Son on
  • Options
    edited March 2007
    Well one thing is, knowing the seer down here isn't bad, but knowing the names of the network is.

We know the spies have a one use kill right? But that is for now.

We don't know if they get more kills once more spies are down here, so for now just incase, don't let anything slip Lady Eri.

Look Out it's Sabs! on
  • Options
    edited March 2007
    In fact, if Lady Eri knows who Spy #3 is we can take care of him ourselves, even if the living miss it.

FunkyWaltDogg on
  • Options
    edited March 2007
    And they can block our kill one time.

thorgot on
    campionthorgotsig.jpg
  • Options
    edited March 2007
    OK, this is too much for my over-tired brain tonight. I'm going to head for bed and see about sorting everything out in the morning.

It's almost like a reverse Phalla -- instead of voting people OUT, we'll be voting people IN.

Nerissa on