As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[PRIME] The Grand Wasatch Escape

AliasunknownAliasunknown Registered User regular
edited July 2009 in PAX Archive
This is for people driving to PAX from Utah, or people who want to support (no financial contribution necessary) those of us driving from Utah to Seattle. Through the great states of Idaho and Oregon we will travel, in search of fellowship with our, um, fellow geeks.

Our party is planning on venturing out through UDOT construction zones and through Idaho, Oregon, and onto Washington Thursday September 3rd around 2PM, local SLC time. We will be departing Seattle Monday, September 7th at our leisure. Geeks seem rare here in Utah, but the truth is we like to hide, and usually come out of the woodworks in the cool seasons of Fall and Spring to taste the violent rays of the sun while they are least harmful.

I just want to know one thing: who's coming with me/us?

Aliasunknown on

• NeoNeo Registered User regular
    edited July 2009
    We've got a group from the Orem/Pleasant Grove area heading to PAX, but we've already bought plane tickets.

Utah geeks represent! :P

Neo on
    -- This space for rent --
  • LigerLiger Registered User regular
    edited July 2009
    What is your Oregon -> Washington route? If you are taking 97 north to Ellensburg you can meet up with the CCST.

If you're taking 84 to Portland and up I-5 you'll have more decent places to stretch your legs, but a LOT more traffic to slow you down.

Liger on
    5932306549_6b4d957b56.jpg CUSTOM LANYARDS FOR PAX
  • AliasunknownAliasunknown Registered User regular
    edited July 2009
    We'll be taking 84 to 82 to 90. Most direct route.

Aliasunknown on
  • LigerLiger Registered User regular
    edited July 2009
    Have you thought about talking to Moe and joining up with the final leg of the supertrip?

Liger on
    5932306549_6b4d957b56.jpg CUSTOM LANYARDS FOR PAX
    edited July 2009
    Yes, I've thought about it. I don't think it will work out given our route and timing. Sorry Super Trip guys, the UT crew is too hip for you ;)

Aliasunknown on
  • iamconfidenceiamconfidence Registered User regular
    edited July 2009
    I am one of the 4 people Neo mentioned having flights from the Utah valley, but the prospect of a UT PAXers meet intrigues and interests me. :P I'll talk to these cats down here you talk to your cats up there and anyone else up for it should say so and we'll get a plan laid. :)

iamconfidence on
    --
    ETA.Confidence
    EscapeTheAsylum.com
    edited July 2009
    Yes. Indeed. Utah PAXers meetup in Salt Lake. Take THAT, Seattlites!

Aliasunknown on
  • SirtanJeduaSirtanJedua Registered User new member
    edited July 2009
    I WISH! Nobody here knows me but My bro and I used to be active on the forums quite a few years ago... he was iplaybass and i honestly can't even remember what my first SN was...

Anyway we made the trek to BELLEVUE back for the first and second PAX what was that 04 and 05? geez... well now he lives in Kansas City again, broke as hell... and I have gotten married and stuck in the middle of college....

Just becoming active in the forums again and newly married and new apartment, no job and all i can't afford to go this year... BUT I promise to save up so we Can Pax it up next year... Let me know how it all goes...

More power to Utah PA'ers!

SirtanJedua on
    Remind me again why I have to "act" like an adult?
This discussion has been closed.