As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

DC Solicitations for October 2009

wwtMaskwwtMask Registered User regular
edited July 2009 in Graphic Violence
Man, it's so odd that I'm doing this again. Oh well, here are the October solicits. I'll update this post when the full solicits are out.

EDIT:
Full solicitations:
http://www.newsarama.com/comics/090720-dc-october-09-solicitation.html

When he dies, I hope they write "Worst Affirmative Action Hire, EVER" on his grave. His corpse should be trolled.
Twitter - @liberaltruths | Google+ - http://gplus.to/wwtMask | Occupy Tallahassee
wwtMask on

• RansRans Registered User regular
    edited July 2009
    The Super titles for October can be found here: http://www.newsarama.com/comics/090717-dc-october-2009-solicitations.html

and Blackest Night / Green Lantern titles for October can be found here: http://comics.ign.com/articles/100/1005192p1.html

it's almost like we have the whole thing before 5!

Rans on
  • Robos A Go GoRobos A Go Go Registered User regular
    edited July 2009
    And what is the secret behind the sudden rash of pregnancies on Paradise Island?
    :winky:

Robos A Go Go on
  • RansRans Registered User regular
    edited July 2009
    i hope the answer is Guy Gardner

Rans on
  • CyberJackalCyberJackal Registered User regular
    edited July 2009
    And what is the secret behind the sudden rash of pregnancies on Paradise Island?
    Hawley Griffin

CyberJackal on
  • FuruFuru Registered User regular
    edited July 2009
    I hope this year's Halloween special is better than last year's.

Furu on
  • Garlic BreadGarlic Bread i'm a bitch i'm a bitch i'm a bitch i'm a Registered User, Disagreeable regular
    edited July 2009
    This is my favorite
    23hrghe.jpg

Garlic Bread on
    edited July 2009
    I like how Barry Allen accidentally goes back in time after trying to alter the speed of light. I guess he figured out that if he couldn't go faster than light, he'd just have to make light itself go faster.

Robos A Go Go on
  • Unco-ordinatedUnco-ordinated NZRegistered User regular
    edited July 2009
    PLANETARY #27
    Written by Warren Ellis
    Art and cover by John Cassaday
    Tons of things have changed since writer Warren Ellis (THE AUTHORITY, STORMWATCH) and artist John Cassaday (Astonishing X-Men) began their long, strange trip into the bizarre underbelly of the WildStorm Universe, but one thing has stayed the same: Anticipation for this final issue of the critically acclaimed series remains gargantuan! Over a decade in the making, PLANETARY culminates in this spectacular, oversized adventure. Prepare for answers to be revealed as the enigmatic Elijah Snow has one last errand to run!
    Featuring a stunning 3-piece wraparound gatefold cover drawn by Cassaday, PLANETARY #27 represents the end of an era and should not be missed!
    On sale October 7 • 40 pg, FC, $3.99 US
    WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

Also, nice to see two REBELS issues this month. I've loved that series so far.

Unco-ordinated on
    Steam ID - LiquidSolid170 | PSN ID - LiquidSolid
  • CoJoeTheLawyerCoJoeTheLawyer Registered User regular
    edited July 2009
    PLANETARY #27
    Written by Warren Ellis
    Tons of things have changed since writer Warren Ellis (THE AUTHORITY, STORMWATCH) and artist John Cassaday (Astonishing X-Men) began their long, strange trip into the bizarre underbelly of the WildStorm Universe, but one thing has stayed the same: Anticipation for this final issue of the critically acclaimed series remains gargantuan! Over a decade in the making, PLANETARY culminates in this spectacular, oversized adventure. Prepare for answers to be revealed as the enigmatic Elijah Snow has one last errand to run!
    Featuring a stunning 3-piece wraparound gatefold cover drawn by Cassaday, PLANETARY #27 represents the end of an era and should not be missed!

The Planetary #27 listing must be a mistake.

Or a cruel, cruel joke.

CoJoeTheLawyer on

CoJoe.png
  • Garlic BreadGarlic Bread i'm a bitch i'm a bitch i'm a bitch i'm a Registered User, Disagreeable regular
    edited July 2009
    I'm excited for the new Azrael series and the Arkham Asylum mini. The Battle for the Cowl one-shot was great.

Man, there are a lot of Batman-related books coming out in October. 18 including Superman/Batman, Outsiders, and World's Finest, but not including the two series that double-ship that month.

I'm confused about Kevin Smith's new Batman series. He said it's going to introduce a new character that will star in a new series written by him, but it's clearly set far back in continuity.

Garlic Bread on
  • HenslerHensler Registered User regular
    edited July 2009
    PLANETARY #27
    Written by Warren Ellis

Or a cruel, cruel joke.

The cover is up on Warren Ellis' site and it says on both his site and the Wildstorm page that is really is coming out in October

Here's the cover: http://wildstorm.blog.dccomics.com/files/2009/07/planetary27cover_logo-copy-1024x518.jpg

Hensler on
  • TicaldfjamTicaldfjam Snoqualmie, WARegistered User regular
    edited July 2009
    Hensler wrote: »
    PLANETARY #27
    Written by Warren Ellis

Or a cruel, cruel joke.

The cover is up on Warren Ellis' site and it says on both his site and the Wildstorm page that is really is coming out in October

Here's the cover: http://wildstorm.blog.dccomics.com/files/2009/07/planetary27cover_logo-copy-1024x518.jpg

Fffuuuuuuuuuccccckkkkk Yeeeeeeeesssss!!!!

Ticaldfjam on
  • Unco-ordinatedUnco-ordinated NZRegistered User regular
    edited July 2009
    PLANETARY #27
    Written by Warren Ellis

Or a cruel, cruel joke.

Even Didio hasn't been a douche of that magnitude (yet), so I somehow doubt Wildstorm would.

It's weird that this thread hasn't had that many posts, given the news.

Unco-ordinated on
    Steam ID - LiquidSolid170 | PSN ID - LiquidSolid
  • CoJoeTheLawyerCoJoeTheLawyer Registered User regular
    edited July 2009

Even Didio hasn't been a douche of that magnitude (yet), so I somehow doubt Wildstorm would.

I will not beleive it until it's in my hands.

I honestly wouldn't put it past Ellis to pull a meta-prank like this on everyone. It's like the old joke about how to keep an asshole in suspense.

CoJoeTheLawyer on

CoJoe.png
  • HenslerHensler Registered User regular
    edited July 2009
    PLANETARY #27
    Written by Warren Ellis

Or a cruel, cruel joke.

I just don't think people care that much anymore. I thought #26 would have been a decent way to end the series, and I'm obsessed with Wildstorm. But if this last issue finally lets DC give me my awesome hardcover edition of the full series, it's a good thing.

Hensler on
  • DouglasDangerDouglasDanger PennsylvaniaRegistered User regular
    edited July 2009
    Keith wrote: »
    This is my favorite
    23hrghe.jpg

why is superboy chasing Doctor Mid-nite?
    (Kidding)

DouglasDanger on
  • WildcatWildcat Registered User regular
    edited July 2009
    God, that's who he reminds me of.

Wildcat on
    edited July 2009
    Are Red Robin's yellow harness tubes functional, or just for decoration?

Robos A Go Go on
  • FencingsaxFencingsax It is difficult to get a man to understand, when his salary depends upon his not understanding GNU Terry PratchettRegistered User regular
    edited July 2009
    Are Red Robin's yellow harness tubes functional, or just for decoration?
    They help distribute the load of stupid that goes into thinking the costume is a good idea.

Fencingsax on