As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

The Young Justice was Better Thread

• Conditional_AxeConditional_Axe Registered User regular
    edited January 2007
    robosagogo wrote:
    She's still a teenager?
    when Brother Blood resurrected her early on in Johns' run, she came back as a 16 year old.

That's creepy.

And yet, it doesn't deter me.

Of course she is at least 17, with that whole "1 year later" thing.
    well, bear in mind that the current Bro Blood is like 14. And a creepy motherfucker.

Also, Beast Boy will fight you if you lay a hand on her.

I am looking forward to Marv's Raven miniseries this year.

Conditional_Axe on
  • The Muffin ManThe Muffin Man Registered User regular
    edited January 2007
    Keith wrote:
    robosagogo wrote:
    She's still a teenager?
    when Brother Blood resurrected her early on in Johns' run, she came back as a 16 year old.

That's creepy.

she's not real

that should deter you

I have scissors.

[spoiler:267b1e333e]D:[/spoiler:267b1e333e]

The Muffin Man on
  • The Muffin ManThe Muffin Man Registered User regular
    edited January 2007
    robosagogo wrote:
    She's still a teenager?

That's creepy.

Of course she is at least 17, with that whole "1 year later" thing.
    well, bear in mind that the current Bro Blood is like 14. And a creepy motherfucker.

Also, Beast Boy will fight you if you lay a hand on her.

I am looking forward to Marv's Raven miniseries this year.

I'm looking forward to more of her ass.

The Muffin Man on
  • Garlic BreadGarlic Bread i'm a bitch i'm a bitch i'm a bitch i'm a Registered User, Disagreeable regular
    edited January 2007
    Geoff Johns is leaving Titans, Adam Beechen is replacing him

It kind of stinks that Johns is done with it, because the book's been pretty good since OYL, but I also enjoy Beechen's Robin.[/url]

Garlic Bread on
  • Conditional_AxeConditional_Axe Registered User regular
    edited January 2007
    Keith wrote:

It kind of stinks that Johns is done with it, because the book's been pretty good since OYL, but I also enjoy Beechen's Robin.[/url]
    I am happy to give Beechen a shot, but I'm sad to see Daniel leave. He's just starting to hit his stride with these characters.

Conditional_Axe on
  • Sars_BoySars_Boy Rest, You Are The Lightning. Registered User regular
    edited January 2007
    Keith wrote:

Oh fuck, he's getting near Batgirl again.

Aside from that, this should be all good.

Sars_Boy on
  • RocielRociel Registered User regular
    edited January 2007
    Bad Karma wrote:
    So...Titans East..

Though I think the whole Batgirl reasoning was a bit of a copout, Im glad it was finally addressed.

I've got high hopes for more Duela and Enigma shenanigans.

I don't care if it's a copout, it happened and I'm glad it did. DANCE PARTY AT MY PLACE!

Rociel on
    Too big sig. 500x80 plzkthx.
  • SquashuaSquashua __BANNED USERS regular
    edited January 2007
    I suspect the filler art from Teen Titans #41 was a true insult to the man's hard work, and he took it as a sign.

Squashua on
    edited January 2007
    Can someone post the Batgirl explanation?

I might not be able to pick this up for a while.

Sars_Boy on
  • BlackjackBlackjack Registered User regular
    edited January 2007
    Sars_Boy wrote:
    Keith wrote:

Oh fuck, he's getting near Batgirl again.

Aside from that, this should be all good.

That was my reaction, too.

Blackjack on
    camo_sig2.png

3DS: 1607-3034-6970
  • Bad KarmaBad Karma Registered User regular
    edited February 2007
    Sars_Boy wrote:

[spoiler:050461b4ac]Basically, since Robin and the Titans essentially "stole" Deathstroke's family from him, he's returning the favor with Cassandra, with some good old fashioned mystery liquid in a syringe.[/spoiler:050461b4ac]

Like I said, not my favorite way of explaining it, but hey, at least we have a concrete reason.

Sucks about Johns though.

Bad Karma on
    Xbox Live: Ornery Rooster
    PSN: OrneryRooster
    edited February 2007
    Bad Karma wrote:
    Sars_Boy wrote:

[spoiler:f6617caa64]Basically, since Robin and the Titans essentially "stole" Deathstroke's family from him, he's returning the favor with Cassandra, with some good old fashioned mystery liquid in a syringe.[/spoiler:f6617caa64]

Like I said, not my favorite way of explaining it, but hey, at least we have a concrete reason.

[spoiler:f6617caa64]So she's being manipulated against her will?

oh thank god[/spoiler:f6617caa64]

Sars_Boy on
  • Bad KarmaBad Karma Registered User regular
    edited February 2007
    Sars_Boy wrote:
    Bad Karma wrote:
    Sars_Boy wrote:

[spoiler:5fc16df87d]Basically, since Robin and the Titans essentially "stole" Deathstroke's family from him, he's returning the favor with Cassandra, with some good old fashioned mystery liquid in a syringe.[/spoiler:5fc16df87d]

[spoiler:5fc16df87d]So she's being manipulated against her will?

oh thank god[/spoiler:5fc16df87d]

Silver lining my friend...

Silver lining.

Bad Karma on
    Xbox Live: Ornery Rooster
    PSN: OrneryRooster
    edited February 2007
    Bad Karma wrote:
    Sars_Boy wrote:
    Bad Karma wrote:
    Sars_Boy wrote:

[spoiler:89da38fa3e]Basically, since Robin and the Titans essentially "stole" Deathstroke's family from him, he's returning the favor with Cassandra, with some good old fashioned mystery liquid in a syringe.[/spoiler:89da38fa3e]

[spoiler:89da38fa3e]So she's being manipulated against her will?

oh thank god[/spoiler:89da38fa3e]

Silver lining.
    Geoff Johns is

REDEEMED

Sars_Boy on
  • MunchMunch Registered User regular
    edited February 2007
    Aw, I kind of wish that the newly exclusive Sean McKeever would get this book. Still, Beechen wrote one of my favorite Blue Beetle stories ever (JLU #5) and had a pretty great, fun run on JLU. Maybe he'll be able to dial back the angst a little bit and write some good stories without as much editorially mandated content as his first arc on Robin. I mean, I feel bad for the guy. Robin was his first big title and he essentially got hamstrung by being handed an extremely controversial, pointless, and retarded story point and being forced to write around it.

Awesome news about Cassie though. Glad to see DC turned around on that one so damn quick.

Munch on
  • Bloods EndBloods End Blade of Tyshalle Punch dimensionRegistered User regular
    edited February 2007
    Sars_Boy wrote:
    Bad Karma wrote:
    Sars_Boy wrote:
    Bad Karma wrote:
    Sars_Boy wrote:

[spoiler:8dd2020953]Basically, since Robin and the Titans essentially "stole" Deathstroke's family from him, he's returning the favor with Cassandra, with some good old fashioned mystery liquid in a syringe.[/spoiler:8dd2020953]

[spoiler:8dd2020953]So she's being manipulated against her will?

oh thank god[/spoiler:8dd2020953]

Silver lining.
    Geoff Johns is

REDEEMED

So question:
    [spoiler:8dd2020953] Who thinks that this was planned and who thinks it was because of fan backlash? And if it was the former, does that mean we can't bitch about these kind of things anymore? Because if it's out of character and worked as a plot point in later work, does that mean our bitching was shows us as being petty and impatient?[/spoiler:8dd2020953]

Bloods End on
  • BlackjackBlackjack Registered User regular
    edited February 2007
    Bloods End wrote:
    Sars_Boy wrote:
    Bad Karma wrote:
    Sars_Boy wrote:
    Bad Karma wrote:
    Sars_Boy wrote:

[spoiler:05efc892ca]Basically, since Robin and the Titans essentially "stole" Deathstroke's family from him, he's returning the favor with Cassandra, with some good old fashioned mystery liquid in a syringe.[/spoiler:05efc892ca]

[spoiler:05efc892ca]So she's being manipulated against her will?

oh thank god[/spoiler:05efc892ca]

Silver lining.
    Geoff Johns is

REDEEMED

So question:
    [spoiler:05efc892ca] Who thinks that this was planned and who thinks it was because of fan backlash? And if it was the former, does that mean we can't bitch about these kind of things anymore? Because if it's out of character and worked as a plot point in later work, does that mean our bitching was shows us as being petty and impatient?[/spoiler:05efc892ca]

[spoiler:05efc892ca]Regardless of which it is, I think we can still bitch about lots of things. Like Cass suddenly being able to read, write, and speak both English and Navajo fluently. Or her losing to Tim because Tim can "fight without a style."[/spoiler:05efc892ca]

Blackjack on
    camo_sig2.png

3DS: 1607-3034-6970
  • vinhjvinhj Registered User regular
    edited February 2007
    Bloods End wrote:
    Sars_Boy wrote:
    Bad Karma wrote:
    Sars_Boy wrote:
    Bad Karma wrote:
    Sars_Boy wrote:

[spoiler:771f5b7f66]Basically, since Robin and the Titans essentially "stole" Deathstroke's family from him, he's returning the favor with Cassandra, with some good old fashioned mystery liquid in a syringe.[/spoiler:771f5b7f66]

[spoiler:771f5b7f66]So she's being manipulated against her will?

oh thank god[/spoiler:771f5b7f66]

Silver lining.
    Geoff Johns is

REDEEMED

So question:
    [spoiler:771f5b7f66] Who thinks that this was planned and who thinks it was because of fan backlash? And if it was the former, does that mean we can't bitch about these kind of things anymore? Because if it's out of character and worked as a plot point in later work, does that mean our bitching was shows us as being petty and impatient?[/spoiler:771f5b7f66]

[spoiler:771f5b7f66] This reeks of backpeddling, and considering that Beechen co-wrote this storyline, he probably took the criticism to heart and tried to make amends. It just doesn't make sense that Batgirl would go from raving lunatic with an utterly contrived reason (Robin) to submissive zombie drug junkie.[/spoiler:771f5b7f66]

vinhj on
  • Garlic BreadGarlic Bread i'm a bitch i'm a bitch i'm a bitch i'm a Registered User, Disagreeable regular
    edited February 2007
    I really liked this issue.

I still don't like Match turning into Bizarro, but all of the other Titans East were great

I loved Inertia

"It's me, Kid Flash!"
    "You're not Bart Allen!"
    "Would you prefer Impulse? I know some people do."

Garlic Bread on
  • rchourchou Registered User regular
    edited February 2007
    I've never felt more torn...

On the one hand Batgirl was one of my favorite characters...

On the other, Geoff Johns yellow fear demon syndrome, ugh...

T I M E P A R O D O X

rchou on
  • TerrorbyteTerrorbyte __BANNED USERS regular
    edited February 2007
    rchou wrote:

T I M E P A R O D O X

Rebirth was awesome and you're being retarded.

Terrorbyte on
  • FuruFuru Registered User regular
    edited February 2007
    Terrorbyte wrote:
    rchou wrote:

T I M E P A R O D O X

Rebirth was awesome and you're being retarded.

Yeah, gotta go with Terrorbyte on this one. Parallax is no worse or weirder a concept than the normal Lantern fare.

Furu on
  • RingoRingo He/Him a distinct lack of substanceRegistered User regular
    edited February 2007
    Because invalidating everything that happened between 1994 and 2004 isn't just lazy writing.

Ringo on
    Sterica wrote: »
    I know my last visit to my grandpa on his deathbed was to find out how the whole Nazi werewolf thing turned out.
    Edcrab's Exigency RPG
  • SentrySentry Registered User regular
    edited March 2007
    So, new issue out today. Got to see some fighting... some twisted stuff with Vic... and, some resolution for Batgirl? What do we think?

Sentry on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    wrote:
    When I was a little kid, I always pretended I was the hero,' Skip said.
    'Fuck yeah, me too. What little kid ever pretended to be part of the lynch-mob?'
    edited March 2007
    I liked it

Except for Match becoming Bizarro

that's dumbtarded

Garlic Bread on
  • TerrorbyteTerrorbyte __BANNED USERS regular
    edited March 2007
    Risk brought up a good point. You'd think dudes like Cyborg would be somewhat generous with replacement limbs for super-amputees.

Terrorbyte on
  • SentrySentry Registered User regular
    edited March 2007
    I dunno... they still haven't found a way for Jericho to speak... not even a stupid dry erase board and some markers. Some team...

I liked the issue. But then... I'm kind of a sucker for Teen Titans... there have been very few issues I haven't liked.

Sentry on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    wrote:
    When I was a little kid, I always pretended I was the hero,' Skip said.
    'Fuck yeah, me too. What little kid ever pretended to be part of the lynch-mob?'
  • FuruFuru Registered User regular
    edited March 2007
    Ringo wrote: »
    Because invalidating everything that happened between 1994 and 2004 isn't just lazy writing.

It is when everything that happened to Hal during that period was bad writing to begin with.

Furu on
  • rchourchou Registered User regular
    edited March 2007
    Furu wrote: »

It is when everything that happened to Hal during that period was bad writing to begin with.

Two wrongs don't make a right, not even in comics.

If you think using a mind controlling space alien is good in any context... then let's agree to have a difference of opinion.

---

I haven't checked out the latest issue yet, but TTs has been one of my pulls since the OYL reboot. It's good stuff. That's tough to admit, given my bias towards punching Geoff Johns in the throat.

rchou on
  • Bloods EndBloods End Blade of Tyshalle Punch dimensionRegistered User regular
    edited March 2007
    Furu wrote: »

But, it didn't invalidate anything.

Everything that happened, happened.

Bloods End on
    edited March 2007
    guys don't talk about hal jordan in my TT thread

you're gonna make me bring in some hate

Garlic Bread on
    edited June 2007
    holy balls

Adam Beechen can't write dialogue for shit

Garlic Bread on
  • DJ EebsDJ Eebs Moderator, Administrator admin
    edited June 2007
    Yeah, I noticed that in Countdown today.

DJ Eebs on
  • BalefuegoBalefuego Registered User regular
    edited June 2007
    I actually thought the dialouge in this issue was better than it was in Titans East. But yes still pretty bad. Bring on McKeever.

Balefuego on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited June 2007
    nightwing: "okay rose you climb the ladder cassie you fly"
    wonder girl: "oh no i can't fly where did my powers go"

Garlic Bread on
  • Unco-ordinatedUnco-ordinated NZRegistered User regular
    edited June 2007
    Balefuego wrote: »
    I actually thought the dialouge in this issue was better than it was in Titans East. But yes still pretty bad. Bring on McKeever.

Was it improved because Beechen improved or because Dini and Marts edited out a lot of the suckiness?

Edit: Oops, thought you were talking about Countdown.

Unco-ordinated on
    Steam ID - LiquidSolid170 | PSN ID - LiquidSolid
  • HooraydiationHooraydiation Registered User regular
    edited June 2007
    I heard that Mike Allred worked on an unreleased Teen Titans project several years ago. What do we know about it, and is there a place I could e-mail to say that I'd like to see it released?

Hooraydiation on
    Home-1.jpg
  • GuekGuek Registered User regular
    edited June 2007
    I'm a long time marvel fan and, while I do appreciate quite a bit of the DC universe for the compelling stories and characters it provides, I haven't had too much exposure to the DC-verse post circa-2000 AD.

but now...well...I think i've fallen in love with the teen titans show. so, my question is, how different is the main titans series from the show and is it as good as I hope? I know there's an offshoot comic continuing the tv show but I'm more interested in titans canon. where should I start? and do I need to have an intimate knowledge of the DC universe apart from the mythos of batman, superman, and green lantern?

Guek on
  • FencingsaxFencingsax It is difficult to get a man to understand, when his salary depends upon his not understanding GNU Terry PratchettRegistered User regular
    edited June 2007
    Go Teen Titans is a comic version of the cartoon.

Fencingsax on
  • DJ EebsDJ Eebs Moderator, Administrator admin
    edited June 2007
    Fencingsax wrote: »
    Go Teen Titans is a comic version of the cartoon.

I don't really like to nitpick, but I'm pretty sure the Go goes after Teen Titans

DJ Eebs on