As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Hotchie Motchie!

• Options
    AntimatterAntimatter Devo Was Right Gates of SteelRegistered User regular
    edited July 2009
    but shoe I smoke*

is this the end of the shoe/tlb super team

*the only people who smoke are ugly jerks!
    Joe Q

Antimatter on
  • Options
    Kuribo's ShoeKuribo's Shoe Kuribo's Stocking North PoleRegistered User regular
    edited July 2009
    but shoe I smoke

I have no problem with people who smoke

Kuribo's Shoe on
    xmassig2.gif
  • Options
    FandyienFandyien But Otto, what about us? Registered User regular
    edited July 2009
    I'll die in flavor country

Fandyien on
    reposig.jpg
  • Options
    The Lovely BastardThe Lovely Bastard Registered User regular
    edited July 2009
    there's a Shoe/TLB super team?

hell yes there is

it is the best team

but shoe I smoke

I have no problem with people who smoke

okay phew

The Lovely Bastard on
    7656367.jpg
  • Options
    SalSal Damnedest Little Fellow Registered User regular
    edited July 2009
    These youtube clips have piqued my interest

I must own this show

Sal on
    xet8c.gif

• Options
    ShortyShorty touching the meat Intergalactic Cool CourtRegistered User regular
    edited July 2009
    my favorite part of that Brain/Orson Welles commercial is when he goes "Yes, always!" because it's so out of place

nobody even asked him a question

Shorty on
  • Options
    Centipede DamascusCentipede Damascus Registered User regular
    edited July 2009
    I'm pretty sure you can hear Pinky/the director saying "I'm sorry" before he says "Yes, always!"

Centipede Damascus on
  • Options
    ShortyShorty touching the meat Intergalactic Cool CourtRegistered User regular
    edited July 2009
    that's still only half-relevant

Shorty on
  • Options
    JoonJoon Registered User regular
    edited July 2009
    Lord Dave wrote: »
    Joon wrote: »
    Smart Hero wrote: »
    Smart Hero wrote: »
    Also man I read up on The Critic a couple days ago (it was the episode with Hans Moleman saying 'Boourns!') and Matt Groening about shit a brick over the crossover episode with The Simpsons that happened.

if you notice, he took his name off that episode in the opening credits.

Yeah, that would have been fine, but then just prior to the episode airing he bitched to anything with ears about how awful it was and blah blah blah. Couldn't have handled it like a decent guy. And the episode was good!

That wasn't the point. If you read his complaints, surely you got why he took issue with that episode. It was a big damn commercial for The Critic. Might have been a funny commercial, but they still took up 22-minutes of his show to whore for another. Given that Groening doesn't seem to have any qualms with selling The Simpsons' name to every company that wants to make a cheap plastic product, this one time might seem odd. But, maybe Matt just doesn't like the actual show to be a marketing showcase. It's one thing to do a Chicken Tonight gag, another to have your production company make you revolve an episode around Chicken Tonight.

It's not so much that he didn't like it, but that he publicly groused and bitched like an asshole about it. And it's not like James L. Brooks and the other guys who worked on both shows didn't have a HUGE hand in the success of The Simpsons, so come on Matt, give them a break.

True enough. Letting one go out of several hundred isn't gonna kill him.

Your copious references and knowledge of The Simpsons makes the forums a lot more fun for me. Promise you won't forget me on your dinosaur bone digging up trip, Dave.

Joon on
    bartsig.png
  • Options
    PoorochondriacPoorochondriac Ah, man Ah, jeezRegistered User regular
    edited July 2009
    Could have

Fuck you English perfectionist. Its a fucked up language and you can all fucking die in a fire. Could have in an important document? sure. "Could of" on the internet? You better fucking believe it.

/rage

It's

Also, I would have put "fucking" directly before "fire," rather than before "die," but that's more of a stylistic preference. An issue of meter more than grammar, really.

Poorochondriac on
  • Options
    Darkness MundusDarkness Mundus Registered User regular
    edited July 2009
    Could have

Fuck you English perfectionist. Its a fucked up language and you can all fucking die in a fire. Could have in an important document? sure. "Could of" on the internet? You better fucking believe it.

/rage

It's

fucking Also, I fucking would have put fucking "fucking" directly before fucking "fire," fucking rather than before fucking "die," but that's more of a fucking stylistic preference. An issue of fucking meter more than fucking grammar, really.

That's pretty much my mind all the time.

Darkness Mundus on
  • Options
    Centipede DamascusCentipede Damascus Registered User regular
    edited July 2009
    what kind of idiot thinks "could of" is acceptable in any context

Centipede Damascus on
  • Options
    cooljammer00cooljammer00 Hey Small Christmas-Man!Registered User regular
    edited July 2009
    People like to type, the way they talk.

cooljammer00 on
    steam_sig.png

3DS Friend Code: 2165-6448-8348 www.Twitch.TV/cooljammer00
    Battle.Net: JohnDarc#1203 Origin/UPlay: CoolJammer00
  • Options
    edited July 2009
    pony

is proof

of that

Antimatter on
  • Options
    ViscountalphaViscountalpha The pen is mightier than the sword http://youtu.be/G_sBOsh-vyIRegistered User regular
    edited July 2009
    what kind of idiot thinks "could of" is acceptable in any context

This idiot. Because American English is so fucked up, so full of slang- why should could of and could have make that much of a difference. If its some sort of important document I will say could have.

Like Geico could have saved you a bunch of money.

Or Geico could of saved you a bunch of money.

Viscountalpha on
  • Options
    Lord DaveLord Dave Grief Causer Bitch Free ZoneRegistered User regular
    edited July 2009
    Language has rules
    Life has rules
    You suck, go to jail

Lord Dave on
    mkc.png
  • Options
    edited July 2009
    Also if you write "could of" you aren't using slang, you're just too stupid to spell "could've".

Lord Dave on
    mkc.png
  • Options
    edited July 2009
    IT'S ALL RELATIVE MAN

Fandyien on
    reposig.jpg
  • Options
    ViscountalphaViscountalpha The pen is mightier than the sword http://youtu.be/G_sBOsh-vyIRegistered User regular
    edited July 2009
    Language has rules
    Life has rules
    You suck, go to jail

Some rules (especially stupid ones) are meant to be broken. I forgot to say that you apparently are so naive that you think everyone plays by the rules all of the time.

Viscountalpha on
  • Options
    edited July 2009
    Are you the same faggot who called me a racist for disliking ebonics

Fandyien on
    reposig.jpg
  • Options
    edited July 2009
    Language has rules
    Life has rules
    You suck, go to jail

Some rules (especially stupid ones) are meant to be broken. I forgot to say that you apparently are so naive that you think everyone plays by the rules all of the time.

Whoever came up with the phrase "rules are meant to be broken" is stupid and should also go to jail.

Lord Dave on
    mkc.png
  • Options
    edited July 2009
    Language has rules
    Life has rules
    You suck, go to jail

Whoever came up with the phrase "rules are meant to be broken" is stupid and should also go to jail.

Some are actually. Some are not. If you are too stupid to understand this then you really are that naive.

Viscountalpha on
  • Options
    edited July 2009
    Language has rules
    Life has rules
    You suck, go to jail

Some are actually. Some are not. If you are too stupid to understand this then you really are that naive.

Jail for you.

Lord Dave on
    mkc.png
  • Options
    edited July 2009
    Fandyien wrote: »

Arrgh, I took an English class and the subject for that term was why Ebonics, or "Black English", is a legitimate dialect of English because it "has its own rules" and is "spoken by a vast number of people".

Just because lots of people do it doesn't make it right.

Also, "could have" implies a possibility of something occurring. "Could of" is not words.

cooljammer00 on
    steam_sig.png

• Options
    edited July 2009
    It figures that somebody with a poor grasp of how communication works would think that "rules are meant to be broken" is a statement that makes sense.

Lord Dave on
    mkc.png
  • Options
    Fire TruckFire Truck I love my SELFRegistered User regular
    edited July 2009

Arrgh, I took an English class and the subject for that term was why Ebonics, or "Black English", is a legitimate dialect of English because it "has its own rules" and is "spoken by a vast number of people".

Also, "could have" implies a possibility of something occurring. "Could of" is not words.

Yeah man, totally right! Those dumb black people just can't speak right at all!

I think it's because they're so lazy! Am I right?

Fire Truck on
  • Options
    edited July 2009
    Fire Truck wrote: »

half

Fandyien on
    reposig.jpg
  • Options
    edited July 2009

half
    three fifths, actually

Antimatter on
  • Options
    edited July 2009
    Also, "could of" isn't an alternative way to say things. What you're thinking of is "could've". "Could of" is just a typo, like spelling "could" as "cood".

Fire Truck on
  • Options
    edited July 2009
    Also, "could of" isn't an alternative way to say things. What you're thinking of is "could've". "Could of" is just a typo, like spelling "could" as "cood".

copycat

Lord Dave on
    mkc.png
  • Options
    edited July 2009

copycat

copycat

Fire Truck on
  • Options
    edited July 2009

copycat

copycat

penusface

Lord Dave on
    mkc.png
  • Options
    thorgotthorgot there is special providence in the fall of a sparrowRegistered User regular
    edited July 2009
    the thing i love most about jon lovitz is probably this

thorgot on
    campionthorgotsig.jpg
  • Options
    AbracadanielAbracadaniel Registered User regular
    edited July 2009
    Antimatter wrote: »

half
    three fifths, actually

damn son

Abracadaniel on
  • Options
    BedigunzBedigunz Registered User regular
    edited July 2009
    thorgot wrote: »
    the thing i love most about jon lovitz is probably this

Jesus Fucking Christ how have I not heard of this story?

I knew that Lovitz hated him, and I heard they had an altercation on the set.

But goddamn Lovitz.

Well done

Bedigunz on
    cdmAF00.png
    Coran Attack!
  • Options
    Spectre-xSpectre-x Rating: AWESOME YESRegistered User regular
    edited July 2009
    Language has rules
    Life has rules
    You suck, go to jail

No they weren't you hideous cockpocket. If rules were meant to be broken there'd be no need for rules in the first place.

Are you seriously this absolutely god damned fucking dense? Can someone really be as mind-bogglingy stupid as you are? Is it physically possibe?

The depths of your ignorance run deeper than the fucking Mariana Trench.

If you'd take your mentality further, it would become impossible to make rules for the English language and it would become completely incomprehensible in written form.

So shut the fuck up about things you don't understand. It only alerts people to the fact that you're a complete mental degenerate and your life would be much easier and more pleasant if you'd keep this hidden from people.

Spectre-x on
  • Options
    edited July 2009
    mm, marinara

Lord Dave on
    mkc.png
  • Options
    DislexicDislexic Creepy Uncle Bad Touch Your local playgroundRegistered User regular
    edited July 2009
    Unless this has been said already, there's also the episode of the simpsons where jay sherman beats homer at belching and bart slides the trophy over...

which specifically is the film festival one "A star is burns" (6x18 if I'm not mistaken)

the episode where he was in the mental institution was 8x08 "Hurricane Neddy," the episode which spawned my greatest thread ever on these forums

Dislexic on
    batsig.jpg
  • Options
    edited July 2009
    Dislexic wrote: »
    Unless this has been said already, there's also the episode of the simpsons where jay sherman beats homer at belching and bart slides the trophy over...

which specifically is the film festival one "A star is burns" (6x18 if I'm not mistaken)

the episode where he was in the mental institution was 8x08 "Hurricane Neddy," the episode which spawned my greatest thread ever on these forums

That first one is the crossover you big dumb, we talked about it for like 4 pages.

Lord Dave on
    mkc.png
  • Options
    edited July 2009
    wasn't Dislexic the guy with the Hermione countdown?

cooljammer00 on
    steam_sig.png