As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

Assassins '09 - Thanks for Playing! Stay tuned for PAX EAST details

• MarsCheliosMarsChelios Registered User regular
    edited June 2009
    dyaballikl wrote: »
    will you also be having a donation page again this year?

We'll still have it for anyone who really wants to give some support in that way. It's always appreciated and thanks again to everyone who donated last year, but since we're charging for the cost of the kits this year I don't want anyone to feel obligated.

MarsChelios on
  • dyaballikldyaballikl PAX Main Theatre House & Security Manager • PAX Community Cartographer Gold Coast QLD AustraliaRegistered User regular
    edited June 2009
    will you also be having a donation page again this year?

We'll still have it for anyone who really wants to give some support in that way. It's always appreciated and thanks again to everyone who donated last year, but since we're charging for the cost of the kits this year I don't want anyone to feel obligated.

are you charging cost?

dyaballikl on
    a.k.a. dya
    "Riding a mongoose reminds me of having sex with a man, which is something I do frequently because I am gay!" -Gabe
  • WormdundeeWormdundee Registered User regular
    edited June 2009
    My good man, surely you read posts other than your own?
    Note: The material cost of the game has increased with the addition of the armband holder to the point where we can't cover the cost of a game like last year. This means there will be a price for the kit in addition to shipping. Out initial estimates put it from 5-7 dollars which includes shipping. I'll update again when this is finalized.

Wormdundee on
  • SlickShughesSlickShughes Registered User regular
    edited June 2009
    Wormdundee wrote: »
    Note: The material cost of the game has increased with the addition of the armband holder to the point where we can't cover the cost of a game like last year. This means there will be a price for the kit in addition to shipping. Out initial estimates put it from 5-7 dollars which includes shipping. I'll update again when this is finalized.

I'm pretty sure he was asking if there was profit built in to that price, or if Mars was just charging what it cost him for the materials/shipping. I'd imagine if there is, it's no more than rounding to the dollar. Mars seems like an on the level guy, seeing as how he basically did this for free last year.

SlickShughes on
  • WormdundeeWormdundee Registered User regular
    edited June 2009
    Ah right, my bad.

Yeh, I'm pretty sure it's not for profit. I don't think many people would like that.

Wormdundee on
  • dyaballikldyaballikl PAX Main Theatre House & Security Manager • PAX Community Cartographer Gold Coast QLD AustraliaRegistered User regular
    edited June 2009

I'm pretty sure he was asking if there was profit built in to that price, or if Mars was just charging what it cost him for the materials/shipping. I'd imagine if there is, it's no more than rounding to the dollar. Mars seems like an on the level guy, seeing as how he basically did this for free last year.

yes, and i'm guessing the $5-7 is just explicit costs. surely his time is worth something, as well.

dyaballikl on
    a.k.a. dya
    "Riding a mongoose reminds me of having sex with a man, which is something I do frequently because I am gay!" -Gabe
  • SlickShughesSlickShughes Registered User regular
    edited June 2009

yes, and i'm guessing the $5-7 is just explicit costs. surely his time is worth something, as well.

I would not begrudge him it. 7 bucks (hell, 10 bucks) is perfectly reasonable for a the weekend enhancing effects of Assassins.

SlickShughes on
  • MordkayMordkay Registered User regular
    edited June 2009
    so same as last year?
    just armbands and smaller kill circles?

Mordkay on
    Mordkay.png
  • sum10fishysum10fishy Registered User regular
    edited June 2009
    Mordkay wrote: »
    so same as last year?

The game will be played very similar to last year. I know he's toying with some new ideas but those have not been implemented yet.

The Second tier kill codes should be larger also I believe, and there was something about having a bunch more secondary targets so you could look for 10-12 targets at a time instead of just a couple.

sum10fishy on
  • waffleboi9waffleboi9 Registered User regular
    edited June 2009
    I'm totally in, and bringing a nice little bounty for killing me. Woo!

waffleboi9 on
    edited June 2009
    so same as last year?

This is correct. The rules will be similar, but some changes to how we define the "loop" will give you more targets and make it harder to avoid those looking for you. The armbands are to make finding people easier.

I haven't talked about it much, but the Secondary Kill system will be back, same as last year. With the increased number of people intent on taking you down, I think it will be more useful this year.

MarsChelios on
    edited June 2009
    waffleboi9 wrote: »
    I'm totally in, and bringing a nice little bounty for killing me. Woo!

ahhhhh! forgot about bounty! after some thought, i'm considering bringing my 2008 pax death adder mouse. the defective one that has a light out, but still works perfectly (i never actually used it). thoughts?

dyaballikl on
    a.k.a. dya
  • MordkayMordkay Registered User regular
    edited June 2009
    so same as last year?

This is correct. The rules will be similar, but some changes to how we define the "loop" will give you more targets and make it harder to avoid those looking for you. The armbands are to make finding people easier.

I haven't talked about it much, but the Secondary Kill system will be back, same as last year. With the increased number of people intent on taking you down, I think it will be more useful this year.

Sweet. The second tier, was a nice alternative last year. Armbands should help with the tags flipping around, and I think will add a level of coolness to the whole thing. I can't wait! :mrgreen:

Mordkay on
    Mordkay.png
    edited June 2009
    So, what's everyones thoughts on booty? I'm drawing a blank on what to bring.

sum10fishy on
    edited July 2009
    sum10fishy wrote: »
    So, what's everyones thoughts on booty? I'm drawing a blank on what to bring.
    If you're like me, you have a ton of cool stuff lying around, I just look around and find something cool and small that I can part with.

Last year, I unwisely chose my ff7 zippo, and wound up turning it over to my assassin, who must have been like 15!

dyaballikl on
    a.k.a. dya
  • Sir_LagSir_Lag Registered User regular
    edited July 2009
    So if you lose, you have to hand something over to your assassin? Oh....... going to have to find something cool that I'm willing to part with..........Didn't realize that was part of the rules, should have read the rest of the thread. No problem, glad I found out now instead of looking like a jerk in Seattle

Sir_Lag on
  • contrefaitcontrefait Registered User regular
    edited July 2009
    I don't see anything that says you have to have booty to surrender on death but I think it is a neat idea. Can someone correct me if I'm wrong?

contrefait on
    PAX East 2016 Checklist
    Passes: ▬ Hotel: ▬ Flight: [color=red]☑[/color]
    edited July 2009
    contrefait wrote: »
    I don't see anything that says you have to have booty to surrender on death but I think it is a neat idea. Can someone correct me if I'm wrong?
    no, you're right, it's not required (how could it be, really?). it'd be cool if you did, though. i think it was somebody's idea to do it last year and it kinda caught on.

dyaballikl on
    a.k.a. dya
    edited July 2009
    no, you're right, it's not required (how could it be, really?). it'd be cool if you did, though. i think it was somebody's idea to do it last year and it kinda caught on.
    either way, I'm down....maybe a new copy of Retro Game Challenge....that would be a nice piece of booty
    (I'm not saying I would get rid of my copy, I mean I would buy a still sealed copy for who ever got me) but that's only one of many idea's I have.....

Sir_Lag on
    edited July 2009

Indeed. Booty is optional. It is also awesome.

MarsChelios on
    edited July 2009

Indeed. Booty is optional. It is also awesome.

And as far as I can tell, awesome is good so, yeah, I'm in

Sir_Lag on
    edited July 2009
    Not long now. Soon you will all be dead by my hand, or I will be killed within the first few minutes. Either way! Soon ...

sum10fishy on
    edited July 2009
    Not long now. Soon you will all be dead by my hand, or I will be killed within the first few minutes. Either way! Soon ...

Not if you forget to look under the moving box......BTW just ignore the moving box(s)

Sir_Lag on
    edited July 2009
    Sorry, Double Post, but I forgot to ask, when will the Assassin's Site be updated so that people can order the kits, or am I just a noob that missed something

Sir_Lag on
    edited July 2009
    Sir_Lag wrote: »
    Sorry, Double Post, but I forgot to ask, when will the Assassin's Site be updated so that people can order the kits, or am I just a noob that missed something

Should be soon. I'm working on the registration system now and it should be good to go sometime this weekend.

I've also finalized the pricing for the kits. Kits are $4.00 with $1.50 shipping, so $5.50 for everything. You'll be able to order multiple kits and save on shipping if you order more than 4-5.

MarsChelios on
    edited July 2009

Should be soon. I'm working on the registration system now and it should be good to go sometime this weekend.

I've also finalized the pricing for the kits. Kits are $4.00 with $1.50 shipping, so $5.50 for everything. You'll be able to order multiple kits and save on shipping if you order more than 4-5.
    What will be the shipping cost to send it to Canada?

Sir_Lag on
    edited July 2009

i want 500! that'll throw off my assassins! lol jk

but seriously, i'm totally strapped right now, but will have cash in a couple weeks, how long will registration be open?

dyaballikl on
    a.k.a. dya
    edited July 2009

but seriously, i'm totally strapped right now, but will have cash in a couple weeks, how long will registration be open?

LOL, run around, "here, wear this! If someone kills you tell them you're me."

sum10fishy on
    edited July 2009

LOL, run around, "here, wear this! If someone kills you tell them you're me."
    damn, you leaked my greatest strat! n1, nub

dyaballikl on
    a.k.a. dya
    edited July 2009

What will be the shipping cost to send it to Canada?

Great question! I've added more location options for shipping. A single kit will cost $2.00 to ship to Canada/Mexico. You can order multiple kits together and the shipping goes up accordingly until the Flat Rate postage fee is hit, after which shipping remains the same regardless of how many kits you order.

What this means is that when the 6th kit is ordered shipping caps at $10.40 up to 10 kits for Canandian/Mexican shipping.
    ...how long will registration be open?

Registration will be open until the game starts, but we'll be shipping the kits out around the second week of August. If you order after that you'll need to get up with me prior to the show to get your kit. I'll deffinitely be at the Pre-PAX Dinner, and there will be ways to get in touch with me, but I don't plan on having a set place/time to hand out kits like last year.

MarsChelios on
    edited July 2009
    Our ordering/registration system is go! Go here to order your kits. Ordering is done through Google Checkout, you don't even have to have an account or logon to our site, though you will need one when you register kits after you've received them.

Should you encounter any problems, feel free to PM me on here, but we have also implemented a Support Ticket system that should appear on almost every page of the site in the bottom right corner. We're still adding some features to it but its functional enough now to let you tell me if you run into anything.

MarsChelios on
  • eye-shuheye-shuh Walla Walla, WARegistered User regular
    edited July 2009
    Oh man....I am so excited! Kit ordered! You guys are going down yo!

eye-shuh on
  • awitelintstaawitelintsta Registered User regular
    edited July 2009
    This sounds like fun.

I can tell already I'll be eliminated early... but I think I'll give it a go anyway.

/yarr

awitelintsta on
    http://awitelintsta.gamerdna.com/
    Roleplayer, Pirate, and 2009 Omeganaut :D
  • tr0tskytr0tsky Registered User regular
    edited July 2009
    Kit ordered...hopefully being in the frozen north doesn't delay shipping if they're getting sent out 2 weeks in advance.

tr0tsky on
    edited July 2009
    Wow guys, six kits ordered already!

MarsChelios on
  • RandomfoolRandomfool loofmodnar Rochester, NYRegistered User regular
    edited July 2009
    Sweet, kit has been ordered. You can all consider me a target now.

Randomfool on
    I do Pokecrawl things. Professor Team Instinct, Hufflepuff supporter.@loofmodnar

B4o6XD4.png
    edited July 2009
    Emptied my measly bank account to do it, but you got my $5.50!

dyaballikl on
    a.k.a. dya
  • VThornheartVThornheart Registered User regular
    edited July 2009
    Kit ordered! This years' prize for killing me probably won't be as cool as last years (given that I don't have any corporate sponsorship for it =) ), but I'll try to get something fun! =)

VThornheart on
    3DS Friend Code: 1950-8938-9095
  • SumiSumi Abbotsford, BCRegistered User regular
    edited July 2009
    Do I have to order my kit before hand? Can't I pay for it at pax? I know this is hard to believe but I don't have paypal or a credit card. Though I might want to add a credit card to my utility belt before pax.

Sumi on
    Standard Action, it's a webseries.
  • tr0tskytr0tsky Registered User regular
    edited July 2009
    Sumi wrote: »
    Do I have to order my kit before hand? Can't I pay for it at pax? I know this is hard to believe but I don't have paypal or a credit card. Though I might want to add a credit card to my utility belt before pax.

worst case scenario I can get one shipped to me for you (or two if Eric's doing it) and give them to you at one of the pre-pax events.

tr0tsky on
This discussion has been closed.