As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Join a living world, even though you cease to be. [V:TM Bloodlines]

1404142434446»

• Options
    Blake TBlake T Do you have enemies then? Good. That means you’ve stood up for something, sometime in your life.Registered User regular
    edited July 2009
    I find it funny that the Majority of G&Ters are pro-fan patch and the majority here are against it.

Blake T on
  • Options
    GoatmonGoatmon Companion of Kess Registered User regular
    edited July 2009
    BYToady wrote: »
    Moriveth wrote: »
    The next iteration of the fanpatch will have a bug where you start with no fangs

also it's daylight outside

The entirety of the game is replaced with a gif of a guy on fire.

Disco inferno! :whistle:

Goatmon on
    Switch Friend Code: SW-6680-6709-4204

• Options
    FalloutFallout GIRL'S DAY WAS PRETTY GOOD WHILE THEY LASTEDRegistered User regular
    edited July 2009
    Blaket wrote: »
    I find it funny that the Majority of G&Ters are pro-fan patch and the majority here are against it.

they're gay

wait, no, i'm sorry

there gay

Fallout on
    xcomsig.png
  • Options
    RialeRiale I'm a little slow Registered User regular
    edited July 2009
    where gay?

so I decided to start playing this again. I want to do a Malkavian playthrough because I haven't yet, but I'm gonna play through it normally first because it's been so long and it would be too confusing otherwise.

I'm trying to decide what clan to play as.

I've done a Tremere and Gangrel as melee powerhouses already, so I was thinking of trying a ranged character as a Toreador, or maybe even a Nosferatu playthrough for an interesting change of pace. Any opinions?

Riale on
    33c9nxz.gif
    Steam | XBL: Elazual | Last.fm
  • Options
    cj iwakuracj iwakura The Rhythm Regent Bears The Name FreedomRegistered User regular
    edited July 2009
    According to CT, being a Nosferatu is (unfortunately) very dull. Brujah or Gangrel might be my third.

If you've played this before, you have to do Malkavian next if you haven't already.

cj iwakura on
    wVEsyIc.png
  • Options
    edited July 2009
    Tremere is easy mode

Nosferatu is easy mode for different reasons

Malkavian is fun mode

Goatmon on

• Options
    LednehLedneh shinesquawk Registered User regular
    edited July 2009
    And Toreador are poncy miserable faggots, don't play them on principle

Okay, not really on the second part, but still

Poncy faggots

Ledneh on
  • Options
    MorivethMoriveth BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWNRegistered User regular
    edited July 2009

I was pro fan patch until I learned about the absolutely retarded decisions in it

whenever I play this game again I am not using the fan patch

Moriveth on
  • Options
    His CorkinessHis Corkiness Registered User regular
    edited July 2009
    I was anti-fan patch until I realised that if I play without it, all my textures are blurry or non-existent. The Basic version really doesn't change enough for the bad to make me care.

His Corkiness on
  • Options
    Blake TBlake T Do you have enemies then? Good. That means you’ve stood up for something, sometime in your life.Registered User regular
    edited July 2009
    I was anti-fan patch until I realised that if I play without it, all my textures are blurry or non-existent. The Basic version really doesn't change enough for the bad to make me care.
    Yeah I have this problem at the moment as well.

It's the only reason I consider installing it.

Blake T on
  • Options
    FugaFuga Registered User regular
    edited July 2009

yeah, it's kind of weird. on other forums where someone talked about this no one was against the fan patch.

Fuga on
  • Options
    RialeRiale I'm a little slow Registered User regular
    edited July 2009
    cj iwakura wrote: »
    According to CT, being a Nosferatu is (unfortunately) very dull. Brujah or Gangrel might be my third.

If you've played this before, you have to do Malkavian next if you haven't already.

I've played it, but I've never really finished it. I usually lose interesting around Chinatown, and I'd like to actually complete it before I do a malk playthrough. We'll see.

Riale on
    33c9nxz.gif
    Steam | XBL: Elazual | Last.fm
  • Options
    sarukunsarukun RIESLING OCEANRegistered User regular
    edited July 2009
    The complaints I have seen about the fan patch are primarily that it makes amatuer moves from a design point of view; most of which are fairly accurate. Having installed the fan patch, I wouldn't say it's awful, and haven't encountered any issues with it, but things like getting a katanna and crossbow while still stuck in Santa Monica is a little stupid, design wise.

Of course, the crossbow is bullshit, so really all you're getting out of that is the katana, but still.

sarukun on
  • Options
    OwenashiOwenashi Registered User regular
    edited September 2009
    Hope you all don't mind the resurrection but I couldn't help myself in reinstalling the game for another go at beating it. While I'm at the moment trying a Gangrel run, I was thinking of starting a Nosferatu to see how hard it really is. I wanted to know though exactly which side-quests I should forget going for as I heard there's at least one you can't complete as a Nos. I also know that he'd get a lot of negative remarks from quest-related NPCs but will there be any sort of extreme reactions I ought to look out for...
    ...other then the old lady at the Santa Monica Diner freaking out and dropping dead on me? Saw a video of that and enjoyed it very much. :)

Owenashi on
  • Options
    Metzger MeisterMetzger Meister It Gets Worse before it gets any better.Registered User regular
    edited September 2009
    Man, n-n-n-necropost. This game is still amazing though so I don't see a problem with this.

Also they need to make a new vampire game. Nao.

Metzger Meister on
  • Options
    L|amaL|ama Registered User regular
    edited September 2009
    The MMO is coming along, painfully slowly.

L|ama on
  • Options
    edited September 2009
    L|ama wrote: »

Has there been ANY news so far on it? A alpha-build screenshot? Even a piece of concept art??

Owenashi on
  • Options
    Metzger MeisterMetzger Meister It Gets Worse before it gets any better.Registered User regular
    edited September 2009
    Owenashi wrote: »
    L|ama wrote: »

Has there been ANY news so far on it? A alpha-build screenshot? Even a piece of concept art??

I think CCCP is just being really super tight-lipped about it.

Metzger Meister on
  • Options
    edited September 2009
  • Options
    edited September 2009
    My sister works for that company

I'm pretty sure she's working on the WoD MMO

Moriveth on
  • Options
    WimbleWimble Registered User regular
    edited September 2009
    Mori if the game is bad, can I hold you personally responsible because you didn't get your sister to single-handedly make it a good game?

I think this is more than fair and you need to take responsibility, so

Wimble on
    4SMZq.jpg
  • Options
    edited September 2009
    Considering I have no idea what she's actually working on

no

Moriveth on
  • Options
    WimbleWimble Registered User regular
    edited September 2009
    oh, how convenient

Wimble on
    4SMZq.jpg
  • Options
    edited September 2009
    Hope you all don't mind the resurrection but I couldn't help myself in reinstalling the game for another go at beating it. While I'm at the moment trying a Gangrel run, I was thinking of starting a Nosferatu to see how hard it really is. I wanted to know though exactly which side-quests I should forget going for as I heard there's at least one you can't complete as a Nos. I also know that he'd get a lot of negative remarks from quest-related NPCs but will there be any sort of extreme reactions I ought to look out for...
    ...other then the old lady at the Santa Monica Diner freaking out and dropping dead on me? Saw a video of that and enjoyed it very much. :)

Yeah, what'll it b- LORD! OH, SWEET JESUS!

Goatmon on

• Options
    edited September 2009
    Goatmon wrote: »

Yeah, what'll it b- LORD! OH, SWEET JESUS!

Heh, yeah. Here's another Nos-question, involving Knox; can you only get an extra bit of conversation with him when it comes to the foreign vampire quest as a Nos or are you able to get it as another clan with the right stats?

Owenashi on
  • Options
    Berrily PantaloonsBerrily Pantaloons __BANNED USERS regular
    edited September 2009
    This game is awesome but only if you have the mod that let's you mvoe the camera around with the numberpad. That should have been included from the beginning and whoever did manage to modify it in such a way must have been a genuis, if not, then there was already code for it ala coffee mod (GTA). Otherwise, fuck these guys. It's not hard to elaborate on vampire lore while "adapating" it to modern day culture.

Berrily Pantaloons on