As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

Headline News - Gasoline is Bad for you

• Volucrisus AedriusVolucrisus Aedrius Registered User regular
    edited July 2009
    Vivixenne wrote: »
    they are far from the only country to do so

when the population can't afford cars that run solely on unleaded fuel, that doesn't leave a lot of options, y'know?

God you make it so hard for me to cause a ruckus sometimes, you know.

Volucrisus Aedrius on
  • slowslow Registered User regular
    edited July 2009
    the quiet dignity of being completely fucked apart by the world

slow on
  • VivixenneVivixenne Remember your training, and we'll get through this just fine. Registered User regular
    edited July 2009

when the population can't afford cars that run solely on unleaded fuel, that doesn't leave a lot of options, y'know?

I am smiling serenely at you

Vivixenne on
    XBOX: NOVADELPHINI | DISCORD: NOVADELPHINI #7387 | TWITTER
  • Volucrisus AedriusVolucrisus Aedrius Registered User regular
    edited July 2009

I am smiling serenely at you

Next time, Gadget.

Volucrisus Aedrius on
  • The Otaku SuppositoryThe Otaku Suppository Bawstan New EnglandRegistered User regular
    edited July 2009

If you're not part of the solution, you're part of the problem.

You must be eliminated.

The Otaku Suppository on
  • cj iwakuracj iwakura The Rhythm Regent Bears The Name FreedomRegistered User regular
    edited July 2009
    Actual dialog from movie:

Optimus Prime: "I need more power for my fight with Megatron."

Sam Witwicky: "Here, have a glass of gasoline, it makes humans as powerful as robots"

Optimus Prime: "Were you drinking gasoline just now?"

Sam Witwicky: "Yes, I always carry gasoline with me. It is perfectly safe for humans which is a big secret the adults don't want to tell you about"

Opitmus Prime: "Thank you, Sam"

(Sam and Optimus begin drinking from a fuel tank)

Sam Witwicky: (wiping lips with his sleeve) "Gasoline is the most refreshing drink. It is ten times better than even Kool Aide and perfectly safe for humans to drink. Now I can help you fight Megatron" (Sam flies into the air, leaving Optimus Prime behind)

Optimus Prime: "It is a mystery why more humans do not drink gasoline"

cj iwakura on
    wVEsyIc.png
  • DarkPrimusDarkPrimus Registered User regular
    edited July 2009
    The silly thing is that exchange almost sounds like a plausible result from HK bootleg English subtitles.

DarkPrimus on
    edited July 2009
    DarkPrimus wrote: »
    The silly thing is that exchange almost sounds like a plausible result from HK bootleg English subtitles.
    sw3.jpg

slow on
  • KazhiimKazhiim __BANNED USERS regular
    edited July 2009
    are we still linking the onion

HONG KONG— The shades of the ancestors of action hero Jackie Chan were posthumously disgraced upon seeing a "blooper reel" at the end of Rush Hour 2. "I die a thousand deaths when my dishonorable progeny fails to remember his line," said the ghost of Chan Kim-Yiang, who died fighting against the British occupation of Hong Kong in 1840. "To see him flip off a restaurant table, only to land wrong and bonk his head, brings dishonor to all the Chans who have passed from this world into the realm of wind and ghosts."

Kazhiim on
    lost_sig2.png
  • SzechuanosaurusSzechuanosaurus Registered User, ClubPA regular
    edited July 2009
    I'm still trying to figure out 7+17.

Szechuanosaurus on
  • Penguin IncarnatePenguin Incarnate King of Kafiristan Registered User regular
    edited July 2009
    Chinese Worker Commits Suicide over Lost iPhone.

Obviously not as pumped for Sony's touch-screen cell phone as we are.

Penguin Incarnate on
  • Dublo7Dublo7 Registered User regular
    edited July 2009

oh god.

Don't laugh, James.

Don't laugh.

Dublo7 on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited July 2009
    guess he can't hear you now

slow on
    edited July 2009
    Too late.

Penguin Incarnate on
    edited July 2009
    not my best work

slow on
  • VivixenneVivixenne Remember your training, and we'll get through this just fine. Registered User regular
    edited July 2009

oh goodness

Vivixenne on
    XBOX: NOVADELPHINI | DISCORD: NOVADELPHINI #7387 | TWITTER
  • KlykaKlyka DO you have any SPARE BATTERIES?Registered User regular
    edited July 2009
    GASOLINE - IT HAS ELECTROLYTES

Klyka on
    SC2 EU ID Klyka.110
    lTDyp.jpg
  • TonkkaTonkka Some one in the club tonight Has stolen my ideas.Registered User regular
    edited July 2009
    If I drink gasoline can I be as cool as you assholes?

Tonkka on
    Steam: evilumpire Battle.net: T0NKKA#1588 PS4: T_0_N_N_K_A Twitter Art blog/Portfolio! Twitch?! HEY SATAN Shirts and such
  • Calamity JaneCalamity Jane That Wrong Love Registered User regular
    edited July 2009
    NATION MOURNS

GOATMON STILL NOT DEAD

Calamity Jane on
    twitter https://twitter.com/mperezwritesirl michelle patreon https://www.patreon.com/thatwronglove michelle's comic book from IMAGE COMICS you can order http://a.co/dn5YeUD
  • TonkkaTonkka Some one in the club tonight Has stolen my ideas.Registered User regular
    edited July 2009
    Dammit I thought Goatmon was dead.

Oh wait, I thought you said Skull Man.

Tonkka on
    Steam: evilumpire Battle.net: T0NKKA#1588 PS4: T_0_N_N_K_A Twitter Art blog/Portfolio! Twitch?! HEY SATAN Shirts and such
  • SzechuanosaurusSzechuanosaurus Registered User, ClubPA regular
    edited July 2009
    Is it...32?

Szechuanosaurus on
    edited July 2009

oh goodness
    Decidedly, a bad career choice.

Penguin Incarnate on
  • L|amaL|ama Registered User regular
    edited July 2009
    You're all missing the Goddamned point.

The point is that China still puts lead in their Goddamned gasoline.

Leaded gasoline burns cleaner in cars without good catalytic converters than unleaded gasoline.
    Apart from the lead.

And by cleaner I don't mean better for the environment, I mean less carcinogenic partial combustion products like benzene and stuff.

L|ama on
  • WrenWren ninja_bird Registered User regular
    edited July 2009
    sounds like something that would happen in china

Wren on
    tf2sig.jpg
    TF2 - Wren BF3: Wren-fu
  • Dead LegendDead Legend Registered User regular
    edited July 2009
    whooooooooooooooa carry a knife go to jail!
    Deaths up during anti-knife drive

The number of knife deaths in areas targeted by an anti-knife crime scheme has risen, the Home Office has said.

The government's Tackling Knives Action Programme started last July in 10 police areas in England and Wales.

In its first nine months, 126 people died after being attacked with a knife or other sharp object - seven more than in the same period the previous year.

Overall knife-related violence fell by 10%, but the number of deaths among teenagers remains unchanged.

The Home Office-led Tackling Knives Action Programme (TKAP) was triggered by a series of high-profile teenage stabbings.

Police have stepped up searches and patrols in knife crime hotspots and are running courses to highlight the dangers of carrying the weapons.

A second phase of the scheme, focusing on all forms of serious violence among 13 to 24-year-olds, will now be rolled out. About £5m will be made available to the 10 original forces and six others.

Warwickshire Chief Constable Keith Bristow, who leads TKAP, said "public angst" over knife crime was understandable but added that there were some "promising signs" in the reduction of killings among youngsters.

He said: "It's a mixed picture in the sense that in some places there have been some increases but overall it's going in the right direction.

"This is a long journey. Success when you're dealing with these sort of problems might be measured in generations, not weeks or months."

The figures also showed the number of offenders aged 19 and under possessing an offensive weapon fell 13% despite an increase in stop and search measures in all 10 police force areas.

Robberies with sharp instruments against those aged 19 and under also fell by 13%. According to provisional figures knife-related hospital admissions fell 32%, compared with 18% in non-TKAP areas.
    FIRST 10 TKAP AREAS
    # Metropolitan Police
    # Essex
    # Lancashire
    # West Yorkshire
    # Merseyside
    # West Midlands
    # Greater Manchester
    # Nottinghamshire
    # South Wales
    # Thames Valley

And the length of court sentences increased for people caught in possession of knives or offensive weapons in England and Wales. However, a significant number are still being cautioned.

The families of some of those killed were invited to 10 Downing Street on Monday for a knife crime summit hosted by Prime Minister Gordon Brown and Home Secretary Alan Johnson.

Mr Johnson told the BBC it was important the overall number of stabbings had decreased.

He said: "The fact that a stabbing leads to the tragedy of a death is nothing to do with the perpetrator of the stabbing, its to do with how quickly the health service got to them, etc.

"The number of stabbings being down overall is encouraging and that's what we're looking for at this stage just one year in.

"We're not saying this programme's completed. We're saying there's a long way to go yet but there are encouraging signs."

Justice Secretary Jack Straw said tougher penalties had been introduced for knife crime and it had been made clear anyone aged 16 or over should be prosecuted for a first offence.

"This tough stance is already having a positive impact - latest figures show that more people are going to jail, and for longer, when caught carrying a knife," he said.

TKAP was launched in the Metropolitan, Essex, Lancashire, West Yorkshire, Merseyside, West Midlands, Greater Manchester, Nottinghamshire, South Wales and Thames Valley police areas.

Bedfordshire, Northumbria, South Yorkshire and British Transport Police were added to the initiative in November 2008, and Kent and Hampshire in March 2009.

Colin Knox, whose 18-year-old son Robert was fatally stabbed in south-east London last year, said the government's knife crime strategy lacked deterrence.

He said: "We need to send a strong message to the knife carrier - if you carry a knife you will get a custodial sentence, as a minimum of six months."

Professor Marian Fitzgerald, a criminologist at Kent University, said the government was putting too much emphasis on knife carrying instead of knife crime.

She said: "They have thrown a lot at very visible police enforcement, lots of stop and search, most of which yields nothing.

"Meanwhile that hardcore who are determined to perpetrate violence whatever is done are not being dealt with."

Dead Legend on
    diablo III - beardsnbeer#1508 Mechwarrior Online - Rusty Bock
    edited July 2009
    Tackling Knives seems like a bad idea from the get-go

Wren on
    tf2sig.jpg
  • autono-wally, erotibot300autono-wally, erotibot300 love machine Registered User regular
    edited July 2009

oh goodness
    Sun was responsible for sending iPhone prototypes to Apple, and on July 13 he reported that he was missing one of the 16 fourth-generation units in his possession, the newspaper reported. His friends said company security guards searched his apartment, detained him and beat him, the paper reported.

autono-wally, erotibot300 on
    kFJhXwE.jpgkFJhXwE.jpg
    edited July 2009

oh goodness
    Sun was responsible for sending iPhone prototypes to Apple, and on July 13 he reported that he was missing one of the 16 fourth-generation units in his possession, the newspaper reported. His friends said company security guards searched his apartment, detained him and beat him, the paper reported.

yep thats indeed what the article says

Wren on
    tf2sig.jpg
    edited July 2009
    this implies he might not have killed himself?

wren, shoot yourself

Calamity Jane on
    twitter https://twitter.com/mperezwritesirl michelle patreon https://www.patreon.com/thatwronglove michelle's comic book from IMAGE COMICS you can order http://a.co/dn5YeUD
  • Centipede DamascusCentipede Damascus Registered User regular
    edited July 2009
    it is absolutely ridiculous to outlaw carrying knives

and to put anyone who does in prison for six months? I can't hardly believe it.

Centipede Damascus on
    edited July 2009
    Anjin-San wrote: »

wren, shoot yourself

they're not going to kill him without finding the ipod first

or really kill him at all. pretty stupid.

Wren on
    tf2sig.jpg
    edited July 2009

:rotate:

Dead Legend on
    edited July 2009
    fuck it, i'm tired

you should still shoot yourself though

Calamity Jane on
  • HunterHunter Chemist with a heart of Au Registered User regular
    edited July 2009
    Why didn't they blame Metallica for this. They did say "quench my thirst with gasoline". Perhaps the child heard the song Fuel and decided to have a beverage, and became confused about the song's message.

Hunter on
  • augustaugust where you come from is gone Registered User regular
    edited July 2009
    If you manage to drink gas for five years you aren't doing a very good job.

august on
  • Centipede DamascusCentipede Damascus Registered User regular
    edited July 2009

do you have to present ID when buying yourself a new kitchen set? are there safety locks on them?

Centipede Damascus on
    edited July 2009

do you have to present ID when buying yourself a new kitchen set? are there safety locks on them?

i believe you have to go fill out some paperwork, which follows up with a call for a background check.

name, address, city, zip, county, country, ethnicity, state of residence, country of citizenship, answer the following questions:

"are you the actual buyer of the knife(knives), listed below?" yes
    next 12 questions - no

Dead Legend on
  • autono-wally, erotibot300autono-wally, erotibot300 love machine Registered User regular
    edited July 2009
    Wren wrote: »
    Anjin-San wrote: »

wren, shoot yourself

they're not going to kill him without finding the ipod first

or really kill him at all. pretty stupid.

I think you die for less in china :P

kFJhXwE.jpgkFJhXwE.jpg
    edited July 2009
    Hunter wrote: »
    Why didn't they blame Metallica for this. They did say "quench my thirst with gasoline". Perhaps the child heard the song Fuel and decided to have a beverage, and became confused about the song's message.

or this silly song

kFJhXwE.jpgkFJhXwE.jpg
    edited July 2009
    Dead Legend on