As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

UNOFFICIAL PRE-PAX 2009 DINNER!! **REFUND AVAILABLE**

• langrilangri Registered User regular
    edited July 2009
    I'm in!

I had a fantastic time last year, and I'm looking forward to this year.

langri on
  • DreamwriterDreamwriter Registered User regular
    edited July 2009
    Order officially made. I've been to a number of PAXes, this is the first time I've participated in *any* pre-Pax activity, even though I lived walking distance to PAX the last two years. Looking forward to that bacon jam!

Dreamwriter on
  • parabolaparabola Registered User regular
    edited July 2009
    Why is this the unofficial pre-pax dinner?

parabola on
  • redhaloredhalo Also a Professional Alcoholic Registered User regular
    edited July 2009
    Liability.

redhalo on
  • BlackDragon480BlackDragon480 Bluster Kerfuffle Master of Windy ImportRegistered User regular
    edited July 2009
    I'll defintely be coming, it'll be my 3rd consecutive Pre-PAX dinner, and the shear concept of Bacon Jam demands that I come.

Look forward to seeing everyone there.

BlackDragon480 on
    No matter where you go...there you are.
    ~ Buckaroo Banzai
  • LewiePLewieP Registered User regular
    edited July 2009
    Will someone do an inappropriate hi5 in my absence?

LewieP on
  • mentok1982mentok1982 I could never leave you PAX baby. BaltimoreRegistered User regular
    edited July 2009
    LewieP wrote: »
    Will someone do an inappropriate hi5 in my absence?

Did that homeless guy just get hit by a car?!

*inappropriate hi5*

mentok1982 on
    Penny Arcade TV makes my life complete!
    PS3: Mentok || Steam: mentok1982 || Diablo 3: mentok1982#1212
    Links: GPUReview.com My IGN activity My IGN Blog [H]ard|Forum
  • BigRedBigRed Seattle, WARegistered User regular
    edited July 2009
    parabola wrote: »
    Why is this the unofficial pre-pax dinner?

because it has nothing to do with penny arcade and is ran by community members.

BigRed on
    <MoeFwacky> besides, BigRed-Worky is right
    edited July 2009
    redhalo wrote: »
    Liability.

Doesn't the pre part cover that already?

parabola on
  • CronusCronus Registered User regular
    edited July 2009
    I'll be registering as soon as I can. This will be my first pre-pax dinner. How does the seating work though? Is it just free for all?

Cronus on
    camo_sig.png
    "Read twice, post once. It's almost like 'measure twice, cut once' only with reading." - MetaverseNomad
  • AstayonixAstayonix Registered User regular
    edited July 2009
    Cronus wrote: »
    I'll be registering as soon as I can. This will be my first pre-pax dinner. How does the seating work though? Is it just free for all?

It is a free for all. We don't do assigned seating because a) it's a hassle and b) the point is to mix it up with the PA community. Make some new friends! :P

Astayonix on
    -=Astayonix=-
    http://www.n37radio.com
    Awesome Ideas With No Inititive
    IRC - radeon.slashdot.net #n37 key=topic
    edited July 2009
    It's a pretty big place too.

parabola on
  • BlackDragon480BlackDragon480 Bluster Kerfuffle Master of Windy ImportRegistered User regular
    edited July 2009

And you can ride a SLUT to get there.

BlackDragon480 on
    No matter where you go...there you are.
    ~ Buckaroo Banzai
    edited July 2009

And you can ride a SLUT to get there.

The best is getting a taxi back and telling them where you are.

"Yeah we're near where you get off the SLUT."

parabola on
  • PeasantDavePeasantDave Jersey ShoreRegistered User regular
    edited July 2009
    Ticket get!

PeasantDave on
  • BrokenAngelBrokenAngel Registered User regular
    edited July 2009
    WHOO! *Hugs* I am totally down to help again! I have to go with the straight RSVP anyways due to serious money issues this year, but that just means I can be on helper duty the whole time again ^.^

Yay Pre-pax fun times! <3

BrokenAngel on
    k9mk2carn.pngeleventhdoc2carn.png *Proud Head Girl of Slytherin & Team Red*
    edited July 2009
    WHOO! *Hugs* I am totally down to help again! I have to go with the straight RSVP anyways due to serious money issues this year, but that just means I can be on helper duty the whole time again ^.^

Yay Pre-pax fun times! <3

It'll be good to see you again, BA! <3. Oh, and FYI, everyone, ET and I are leaving for the airport in about 4 or 5 hours, and neither one of us will have laptops for the weekend, so if you have questions about the dinner or need to reach me, I'll probably get back to you on Monday. I will miss calling you home, Seattle...:cry:

Astayonix on
    -=Astayonix=-
  • ElectricTurtleElectricTurtle Seeress WARegistered User regular
    edited July 2009
    Astayonix wrote: »
    To answer your question, yes the Triwizard Drinking Tourney/Pub Crawl is going to kick off from the dinner (we're actually going to introduce it), so feel free to come dressed up in your house gear! ;) I'm actually going to bring my Slytherin House (the best house) outfit with me, but I'm going to change towards the end of the dinner. It just depends on your preference :). And for the dinner, there is no dress code - just so long as you don't wear (or not wear) anything that will get you arrested, we're easy, breezy. Hell, you could even come in no shirt (if you're a dude) and no shoes, and we'll still serve you! Might get a little uncomfortable for ya, but I'd still eat with you to kick off PAX! :mrgreen::whistle:
    Shiggles wrote: »
    I have few questions. Is the Triwizard tournament starting immediately after the din din ends? I'm debating on whether or not to bring my Hufflepuff outfit to change, or just to come dress up as such. Actually, it probably would be easier just to come dressed up, seeing as I don't have to haul a bag of clothes with me around the bars. (Akward lol!:oops:).

In fact, would the hogwarts school uniform be against dress code? Is there a dress code (other than the basic, "no shoes, no shirt, no service")?

It's weird to see my wife answering all these questions, she hasn't done that since year 1. However, this needs some clarification, as the last I heard the plan was to end the dinner ONE HOUR before the crawl begins so we have time to tear down. How else would I be able to lead Slytherin House to inevitable victory?

ElectricTurtle on
    yfrxgugaj8wu.png
  • ValasharValashar Registered User regular
    edited July 2009
    Just got my registration in. Was glad to come 'round and see the post up. Made all my work off-time and travel plans around being able to attend, and the menu looks great. :)

Because my brain is tired and I might have missed this information in scanning of topics, what options are available for getting from the hotel/con area to the dinner site? And roughly how far is it (ie: is it walking distance)?

Valashar on
  • WormdundeeWormdundee Registered User regular
    edited July 2009
    I can't answer your first question about travel options, but I can point you in the right direction for distance.

The naval reserve building is located here:
    http://www.mapquest.com/maps/map.adp?level=9&city=Seattle&state=WA&address=860+Terry+Ave.+N.

So, if you're staying in any of the hotels in the general area of pike and 4th it's a fairly lengthy walk. Of course, there's plenty of time in between the MMT lunch (after the CCST meetup) to wander around the area and slowly make your way in that direction if you want to.

Wormdundee on
  • DragondevonDragondevon Registered User regular
    edited July 2009
    ok so i have a quick question if this is the official unofficial pre-pax dinner then what is the official official pre-pax dinner? ether way im registering the pre-pax dinner on the 25th. this is my first pax so i am going to overload myslef with activities. i already ordered my buttons for the button trade thing, i already registered for the post pax dinner, im (well duh) going to pax. i want to do more, im a pax virgin so please be nice, but what exactly is the triwizard drinking tourny/pub crawl? and i see this all over what does CCST mean?

Dragondevon on
    "The times are duanting, its perilous to walk out your front door anymore. The enemy is everywhere, hidden in technology, smiling faces, and laziness. Though, we are not given the luxury to give up. We are the last bastion of hope for our species. We are HUMANS!!!!RAAAAAR"-Devon
    "Dude, I think he's a zombie."
    "No he's not, he's dead."
    "But he's still walking around."
    "Which makes him one of the walking dead."
    "Exactly."
    "So, he's dead."
    "No, that makes him a zombie."

"You sound like WALL-E having sex with a Speak and Spell"
    edited July 2009
    ok so i have a quick question if this is the official unofficial pre-pax dinner then what is the official official pre-pax dinner? ether way im registering the pre-pax dinner on the 25th. this is my first pax so i am going to overload myslef with activities. i already ordered my buttons for the button trade thing, i already registered for the post pax dinner, im (well duh) going to pax. i want to do more, im a pax virgin so please be nice, but what exactly is the triwizard drinking tourny/pub crawl? and i see this all over what does CCST mean?

There has never been an official dinner. its always been done by someone in the community, not by PA

BigRed on
    edited July 2009
    ok cool that makes it more clear...but then shouldnt this be an official pre-pax dinner? lol.

Dragondevon on
    "The times are duanting, its perilous to walk out your front door anymore. The enemy is everywhere, hidden in technology, smiling faces, and laziness. Though, we are not given the luxury to give up. We are the last bastion of hope for our species. We are HUMANS!!!!RAAAAAR"-Devon
    "Exactly."
    "So, he's dead."

edited July 2009
    ok cool that makes it more clear...but then shouldnt this be an official pre-pax dinner? lol.

its not official becuase it has nothing to do with pax or penny arcade. Its done by the community so its unofficial.

BigRed on
  • SlickShughesSlickShughes Registered User regular
    edited July 2009
    what exactly is the triwizard drinking tourny/pub crawl? and i see this all over what does CCST mean?

Triwizard drinking tourney is a wizardry themed pub crawl. We dress like harry potter witches and wizards and get trashed at a variety of bars. CCST is the Cross Country Super Trip, an organized convoy from all points east to Seattle.

Really these questions belong here. They're also answered in the OPs of the respective threads.

SlickShughes on
    edited July 2009
    A. i was making a joke about the offical comment thats why i put "lol" there B. I did say I was new to this. thank you for clearing up those two questions.

Dragondevon on
    "Exactly."
    "So, he's dead."

edited July 2009
    BigRed wrote: »

its not official becuase it has nothing to do with pax or penny arcade. Its done by the community so its unofficial.

Yeah, pretty much. The dinner is not run by PA, Inc. (which is made quite clear on the disclaimer/liability waiver page linked to from the Pre-PAX Dinner website). However, it's also politics. Just calling a duck a duck. Otherwise, all the other Pre and Post PAX events would have been requested to be called "unofficial". But, it's our last year, we'd rather not stir it up...again.., so we're officially unofficially officially unofficial... :shock: Regardless of what the dinner is called, it's going to be a blast! :lol:

Astayonix on
    -=Astayonix=-
  • orbdeporbdep Registered User regular
    edited July 2009
    The wife and I are now registered. woo! that's event number three we're looking forward to enjoying with everyone, this should be glorious!

orbdep on
    Nursery Rhymes are Creepy
  • RandomfoolRandomfool loofmodnar Rochester, NYRegistered User regular
    edited July 2009
    Registered. Got three confirmations as well so I guess I'll need to eat three times the food. mmmmmmm...

Randomfool on
    I do Pokecrawl things. Professor Team Instinct, Hufflepuff supporter.@loofmodnar

B4o6XD4.png
  • stankerbellstankerbell Registered User regular
    edited July 2009
    i'll be purchasing a ticket, this'll be my first year at the dinner...! So exited for PAX and meeting so many of you!

stankerbell on
  • VThornheartVThornheart Registered User regular
    edited July 2009
    Yay, it'll be good meeting you too!

I think that's what I love - and what I'll miss the most - about the Pre-PAX Dinner in years to come. =( It was such a unifying event... all the Pre-PAX festivities converged there and became one single social entity for the rest of the night starting with the Dinner, which was a perfect place to meet and chat with total strangers who quickly became friends. =)

VThornheart on
    3DS Friend Code: 1950-8938-9095
  • WormdundeeWormdundee Registered User regular
    edited July 2009
    Well just because ET and Astayonix can't organize it any more doesn't mean it will die.

Although, it probably will.

Wormdundee on
  • sociald1077sociald1077 Registered User regular
    edited July 2009
    Just signed up for the RSVP+Food. This will be my first Pre-PAX dinner. Anything anyone would recomend to prepare for it outside of a pleasant disposition and empty belly?

sociald1077 on
    What did the 0 say to the 8? Nice belt!
    edited July 2009
    Wormdundee wrote: »
    Well just because ET and Astayonix can't organize it any more doesn't mean it will die.

Although, it probably will.

I'm sure it'll live on. In the giggle of every child. In the heart of every person. :P I'm sure someone will take up the reins when ET and I "retire". Actually, if anyone wants to belly up to the bar, PM me, and we'll get a hand-off going! :)
    Just signed up for the RSVP+Food. This will be my first Pre-PAX dinner. Anything anyone would recomend to prepare for it outside of a pleasant disposition and empty belly?

Hellz yeah! You've got to get out there and start training for the Triwizard Drinking Tourney (and join up to be a member of Slytherin House!). ;) Gotta pre-funk you know....

Astayonix on
    -=Astayonix=-
  • ZineZine Registered User regular
    edited July 2009
    Woo! First I'm coming to the dinner, sucks that it's the last time you guys are hosting. At least I will make it for the final farewell!

Menus looks amazing BTW.

Zine on
  • RiusRius Globex CEO Nobody ever says ItalyRegistered User regular
    edited July 2009
    Registered! My first year at PAX and thusly my first Pre-PAX dinner. I'd like to issue a preemptive thanks to the both of you for organizing this, it sounds like an awesome time =)

Rius on
  • DJBreslinDJBreslin Registered User regular
    edited July 2009
    I'm really glad you guys are doing this one more time. I'll buy my ticket next week after I see if I can convince some friends to buy tickets too.

DJBreslin on
  • sociald1077sociald1077 Registered User regular
    edited July 2009
    Astayonix wrote: »
    Wormdundee wrote: »

Hellz yeah! You've got to get out there and start training for the Triwizard Drinking Tourney (and join up to be a member of Slytherin House!). ;) Gotta pre-funk you know....

Lol, I would be going out on the pub crawl with you, but alas, I don't have a hotel in Seattle till Friday. And getting a DUI on the way back to Federal Way would be bad form for going to PAX.

sociald1077 on
    What did the 0 say to the 8? Nice belt!
    edited July 2009
    ok people dont get to excited but I regestered. (now im going to both pre and post pax dinner)

Dragondevon on
    "Exactly."
    "So, he's dead."

• PimpMethodPimpMethod Registered User regular
    edited July 2009
    I just print out my ticket. Just to let ya know I wont be on time because my flight wont be at sea till after five and then I got to go to my hotel room to recouple from the trip but I will be there.

PimpMethod on
This discussion has been closed.