As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Assassins '09 - Thanks for Playing! Stay tuned for PAX EAST details

• Options
    MarsCheliosMarsChelios Registered User regular
    edited July 2009
    Sumi wrote: »
    Do I have to order my kit before hand? Can't I pay for it at pax? I know this is hard to believe but I don't have paypal or a credit card. Though I might want to add a credit card to my utility belt before pax.

I'll put something together this weekend for that situation, similar to last year where you can register to say you want to play and I know to hold something aside. Though it appears Trotsky has swooped in for the win here, I'll go ahead and say if someone would like to organize distribution I can set up a big order, should save you a little on shipping.

And while I'm here let's talk about prizes! I've got one more bag like last year I could use but I wanted to see if there was anything you guys might prefer. Let me know.

MarsChelios on
  • Options
    SumiSumi Abbotsford, BCRegistered User regular
    edited July 2009
    tr0tsky wrote: »
    Do I have to order my kit before hand? Can't I pay for it at pax? I know this is hard to believe but I don't have paypal or a credit card. Though I might want to add a credit card to my utility belt before pax.

worst case scenario I can get one shipped to me for you (or two if Eric's doing it) and give them to you at one of the pre-pax events.

I would really appreciate it.. I just have to ask Eric.

Wait... what if you open the package and kill me before pax even starts!? o_O

Sumi on
    Standard Action, it's a webseries.
  • Options
    LTAcostaLTAcosta Boston, MARegistered User regular
    edited July 2009

worst case scenario I can get one shipped to me for you (or two if Eric's doing it) and give them to you at one of the pre-pax events.

I would really appreciate it.. I just have to ask Eric.

Wait... what if you open the package and kill me before pax even starts!? o_O

Well technically he can't kill you because the game hasn't started, but it would be bad if he had you as a target and knew off the bat who to kill... maybe in that situation mars could wrap the badges separately in paper or something. Or he could even just make sure that you guys dont have each other...

LTAcosta on
    AN9buWz.png
  • Options
    tr0tskytr0tsky Registered User regular
    edited July 2009
    Do you guys think so little of me? I wouldn't cheat like that for a fun PAX game =(

tr0tsky on
  • Options
    edited July 2009
    Do you guys think so little of me? I wouldn't cheat like that for a fun PAX game =(

Oh yeah, I forgot we're talking about tr0tsky. He probably wouldnt even notice if you were his target, or vice versa... for at least like a day :winky: lol. Good times :P

LTAcosta on
    AN9buWz.png
  • Options
    edited July 2009
    LTAcosta wrote: »
    Oh yeah, I forgot we're talking about tr0tsky. He probably wouldnt even notice if you were his target, or vice versa... for at least like a day :winky: lol. Good times :P

I spent a while trying to think of a clever retort for this...but I couldn't overcome the shame.

tr0tsky on
  • Options
    DragondevonDragondevon Registered User regular
    edited July 2009
    I want to join. ill order my kit on the 25th. sounds like a lot of fun.

Dragondevon on
    "The times are duanting, its perilous to walk out your front door anymore. The enemy is everywhere, hidden in technology, smiling faces, and laziness. Though, we are not given the luxury to give up. We are the last bastion of hope for our species. We are HUMANS!!!!RAAAAAR"-Devon
    "Dude, I think he's a zombie."
    "No he's not, he's dead."
    "But he's still walking around."
    "Which makes him one of the walking dead."
    "Exactly."
    "So, he's dead."
    "No, that makes him a zombie."

"You sound like WALL-E having sex with a Speak and Spell"
  • Options
    edited July 2009
    LTAcosta wrote: »

I spent a while trying to think of a clever retort for this...but I couldn't overcome the shame.

What's the back story on this one?

Anyways Eric won't be playing, so do you think you could order one for me and we will trade moneys for the kit sometime next month?

Also, if mars could make it so we aren't each others' first targets.. that would be pretty cool too...

Sumi on
  • Options
    edited July 2009
    What's the back story on this one?

LTACosta's dad had me as his target. I was sitting behind him in BYOC. I didn't notice. He killed me at the end of the day, saying that he saw right away but wanted to give me a day to play :oops:
    Anyways Eric won't be playing, so do you think you could order one for me and we will trade moneys for the kit sometime next month?

Also, if mars could make it so we aren't each others' first targets.. that would be pretty cool too...

I shall do so now

tr0tsky on
  • Options
    edited July 2009

I'll do that for anyone who orders more than one. I can't guarantee you guys won't get each other after a kill or two though. Of course, there's nothing to say you can't form a truce...

MarsChelios on
  • Options
    edited July 2009
    Thanks very much to both of you! :)

Also, I've played before but was wondering what makes a kill count? I am hoping this year is going to be more action packed with more of a chance of coming across your target and predator. If someone yells at you from across the room or from the other side of some barrier, does that count? Or should they have to tag you or something?

Sumi on
  • Options
    OfficerOfficer Registered User regular
    edited July 2009
    I'm totally in to play. I'll order my kit as soon as I'm able.

Officer on
  • Options
    dyaballikldyaballikl PAX Main Theatre House & Security Manager • PAX Community Cartographer Gold Coast QLD AustraliaRegistered User regular
    edited July 2009

Also, I've played before but was wondering what makes a kill count? I am hoping this year is going to be more action packed with more of a chance of coming across your target and predator. If someone yells at you from across the room or from the other side of some barrier, does that count? Or should they have to tag you or something?
    i believe last year the rule was established that you cannot run, but the kill must be from close by. if you see the person approaching you (which you probably won't) from nearby, you cannot run, but if they're more than about 20 yds away, you're probably ok briskly walking off

dyaballikl on
    a.k.a. dya
    "Riding a mongoose reminds me of having sex with a man, which is something I do frequently because I am gay!" -Gabe
  • Options
    edited July 2009
    dyaballikl wrote: »

i believe last year the rule was established that you cannot run, but the kill must be from close by. if you see the person approaching you (which you probably won't) from nearby, you cannot run, but if they're more than about 20 yds away, you're probably ok briskly walking off

This year there should definitely be more targets available, provided we have a decent number of people. I'm planning to get enough materials to run a game of around 100 people like last year, but its always a struggle to get the word out to people about the game itself. Any ideas on how to do that would be appreciated.

dyaballikl is correct, they really need to be close enough to talk to you and see your badge. Players will really need to be on their guard this year since you will have a lot more people looking for your symbol.

MarsChelios on
  • Options
    ArcoArco Registered User regular
    edited July 2009
    REGISTERED!

Arco on
    Like this, not like the gas station.
    Organizer of the Post-PAX Party. You should come!
    Satellite Theater for life!
  • Options
    dyaballikldyaballikl PAX Main Theatre House & Security Manager • PAX Community Cartographer Gold Coast QLD AustraliaRegistered User regular
    edited July 2009
    Players will really need to be on their guard this year since you will have a lot more people looking for your symbol.
    especially me. i'll be at a pretty big disadvantage this year, since i'll probably be working in the exhibition hall with the famous black shirt on and won't be able to make kills while on duty, but will be available to be assassinated. easy target, anyone?

btw, mars, can you keep us updated with a registration count?

dyaballikl on
    a.k.a. dya
    "Riding a mongoose reminds me of having sex with a man, which is something I do frequently because I am gay!" -Gabe
  • Options
    edited July 2009
    Can't you take off your badge while you're on enforcer duty? That seems kind of unfair.

I don't think anybody would mind if you did.

Arco on
  • Options
    edited July 2009
    Arco wrote: »
    Can't you take off your badge while you're on enforcer duty? That seems kind of unfair.

isn't enforcer duty the majority of the con? Guess it depends on how much you're working.

tr0tsky on
  • Options
    edited July 2009
    btw, mars, can you keep us updated with a registration count?

Right now, 13 kits have been ordered.

MarsChelios on
  • Options
    edited July 2009
    Arco wrote: »

in the spirit of making the game the best it can be, everyone should be at the expo the entirety of the event and wearing their badge the whole time, otherwise targets wouldn't be possible for some and that would screw things up. i will most likely be working the whole weekend, so i'm ok with the sacrifice.

just think of me as the bot with the a.i. set to stupid (feel free to quote that ;) )

dyaballikl on
    a.k.a. dya
  • Options
    Sir_LagSir_Lag Registered User regular
    edited July 2009
    With the amount of Sleep I will most likely get at Pax (AKA between 1-8 hours for the 5 days I'm in seattle) Each successive day, i will become a much easier target, I will most likely start at Deadly Super Spy on day one and end on "bot with the a.i. set to stupid" if I don't die before then

Sir_Lag on
  • Options
    mavrick88mavrick88 Registered User regular
    edited July 2009
    Sir_Lag wrote: »
    With the amount of Sleep I will most likely get at Pax (AKA between 1-8 hours for the 5 days I'm in seattle) Each successive day, i will become a much easier target, I will most likely start at Deadly Super Spy on day one and end on "bot with the a.i. set to stupid" if I don't die before then

Just get a lot of red bull and you will be fine.

mavrick88 on
    I was driving some out-of-towner friends around, and I kept complaining about being blinded. They responded with "You see, where we come from, people tend to wear Sunglasses." I retorted with a simple "You people tend to have sun."
  • Options
    edited July 2009
    mavrick88 wrote: »

Oh, I can do better than red bull, you should see how much caffine I had running through my system a week ago when I had to finish the last quarter of my summer school program before 7 am (I left the last quarter of a few month math program till 8 hours before it was due) and then worked a full 8 hour shift. Once you pass the 40 hour mark, it's really easy to stay up, but I've never gone further than 48, so Pax is going to be interesting

Sir_Lag on
  • Options
    edited July 2009
    Yeah. I finally got to sleep right around 40 last year. Longest I've ever gone. It was strangely unremarkable. I never felt exhausted, crazy, or delirious. I suppose a non stop barrage of fun is a good counter to sleeplessness.

Arco on
  • Options
    edited July 2009

fuck red bull, BAWLS!

dyaballikl on
    a.k.a. dya
  • Options
    edited July 2009

fuck red bull, BAWLS!

Gold Star for you!

Sir_Lag on
  • Options
    edited July 2009
    kit = ordered

Sir_Lag on
  • Options
    RaymanRayman Registered User regular
    edited July 2009
    LTACosta's dad had me as his target. I was sitting behind him in BYOC. I didn't notice. He killed me at the end of the day, saying that he saw right away but wanted to give me a day to play :oops:

I shall do so now
    That was a crack up....

Rayman on
  • Options
    edited July 2009
    17 Kits ordered! I've ordered enough supplies for a 100 person game, should start printing the cards up soon. Hopefully I'll be able to start shipping a little early this year.

MarsChelios on
  • Options
    DraknodredDraknodred Registered User regular
    edited July 2009
    Got my kit ordered and ready to go, look forward to it again this year!

Draknodred on
  • Options
    edited July 2009
    Me, my dad (Rayman), and sister(MacCartney) just ordered ours. Cant wait, it'd be funny if my sister won again. lol

LTAcosta on
    AN9buWz.png
  • Options
    muttonheadmuttonhead Registered User regular
    edited July 2009
    Ordered my badge, should be a hoot

muttonhead on
    @muttonhead104|!Hufflepuff|Team !Bulbasaur!
  • Options
    edited July 2009
    any dos and don'ts for loot? I want to have something cool for the guy/girl that kills me, but I wasn't sure if there was any rules about it.

Sir_Lag on
  • Options
    CaptainTapoleCaptainTapole Awesome in the Possum - Yee-Haw! Northern CaliforniaRegistered User regular
    edited July 2009
    any dos and don'ts for loot? I want to have something cool for the guy/girl that kills me, but I wasn't sure if there was any rules about it.

Loot is not even a requirement. It's a nice, OPTIONAL gesture to your killer; saying, "Hey. Congrats on killing me."

However, I am sure nothing too risque or anything that can kick you out of the Center.

CaptainTapole on
    The Girl Who Gave Everyone the Shortest Jenga Game Ever.
  • Options
    edited July 2009

Loot is not even a requirement. It's a nice, OPTIONAL gesture to your killer; saying, "Hey. Congrats on killing me."

However, I am sure nothing too risque or anything that can kick you out of the Center.

I knew it was optional, but I was wondering if there were rules above and beyond that regardless, thanks. So, as long as I could use it in public and would be appropriate for people under the age of 18 as well, got it

Sir_Lag on
  • Options
    sum10fishysum10fishy Registered User regular
    edited July 2009

Damn, there goes every idea I had.

sum10fishy on
  • Options
    edited July 2009

I knew it was optional, but I was wondering if there were rules above and beyond that regardless, thanks. So, as long as I could use it in public and would be appropriate for people under the age of 18 as well, got it

It'd also be nice to keep it as something that can go on a plane... at least on checked luggage. At lot of people fly :)

LTAcosta on
    AN9buWz.png
  • Options
    Brex123Brex123 Registered User regular
    edited July 2009
    My dad and I are both signed up and have ordered our kits.

On another note, we should put a list up of who has signed up already, just to see how many we have and who. Just a suggestion.

Brex123 on
  • Options
    langbenjlangbenj Registered User regular
    edited July 2009
    Kits for my wife and I are ordered. Totally looking forward to this.

langbenj on
    Elkton.jpg
  • Options
    RaymanRayman Registered User regular
    edited July 2009
    Brex123 wrote: »
    My dad and I are both signed up and have ordered our kits.

On another note, we should put a list up of who has signed up already, just to see how many we have and who. Just a suggestion.
    WOW, another dad with a kid old enough to go to PAX!! I may not be the oldest after all....and how old is your dad Brex? .....

Rayman on
This discussion has been closed.