As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

San Diego Comic-Con '09 News Thread

• FencingsaxFencingsax It is difficult to get a man to understand, when his salary depends upon his not understanding GNU Terry PratchettRegistered User regular
    edited July 2009
    TexiKen wrote: »
    When a fan complained of the dollar increase on series like "Hulk," Loeb gave him a dollar. Taking the complaint at face value, Buckley said price increases came as a result of "how we look at the value of what we're producing. You may not agree with it, and I totally respect that. We look at the prices and the appropriate value for the content that's in it." McCann mentioned that added content will be in some titles to offset the increases, but Buckley said he "won't add content to rationalize my approach" and that he has made the call on what titles sell at what prices based on value.

Buckley is a businessman, surely he could have worded his response a bit better than "You're not going to get any more content for the price increase." Especially when McCann said the opposite a few seconds prior.

And the Marvelman stuff, I guess it's more of a UK thing?

Also, it was hinted Loeb is doing something in the X-verse within the year.
    All the more reason to avoid it.

Fencingsax on
  • DJ EebsDJ Eebs Moderator, Administrator admin
    edited July 2009
    yes, we get it, you think the x-books are crap

DJ Eebs on
  • FencingsaxFencingsax It is difficult to get a man to understand, when his salary depends upon his not understanding GNU Terry PratchettRegistered User regular
    edited July 2009
    yes, we get it, you think the x-books are crap
    I was afraid I wasn't being clear enough,

Fencingsax on
  • BalefuegoBalefuego Registered User regular
    edited July 2009
    I'm not sure I've ever heard Fencingsax ever say anything good about any comic ever.

Balefuego on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • deadonthestreetdeadonthestreet Registered User regular
    edited July 2009
    So apparently Marvel doesn't own the Gaiman/Moore issues of Miracleman. So, it's mostly pointless, I guess.

deadonthestreet on
  • wirehead26wirehead26 Registered User regular
    edited July 2009
    So apparently Marvel doesn't own the Gaiman/Moore issues of Miracleman. So, it's mostly pointless, I guess.

It won't be pointless if they can get Gaiman on board with writing new issues, and maybe, just maybe, get Moore involved somehow as well.

It does suck that I'll probably never see that MiracleMan omnibus that I oh so want.

wirehead26 on
    I'M NOT FINISHED WITH YOU!!!
  • CoJoeTheLawyerCoJoeTheLawyer Registered User regular
    edited July 2009
    wirehead26 wrote: »

It won't be pointless if they can get Gaiman on board with writing new issues, and maybe, just maybe, get Moore involved somehow as well.

I'm does suck that I'll probably never see that MiracleMan omnibus that I oh so want.

Alan Moore will work with Marvel again when I'm cold & dead and Alan Moore has animated my corpse with his hoodoo-voodoo snake God magic. In other words, not gonna happen.

Marvel's not going to intergate Miracleman into the mainstream Marvel universe AND spend a ton of money to buy the rights to release a trade collection/omnibus that no one under 18 can read at the same time.

CoJoeTheLawyer on

CoJoe.png
  • Me Too!Me Too! __BANNED USERS regular
    edited July 2009
    wirehead26 wrote: »

I'm does suck that I'll probably never see that MiracleMan omnibus that I oh so want.

Alan Moore will work with Marvel again when I'm cold & dead and Alan Moore has animated my corpse with his hoodoo-voodoo snake God magic. In other words, not gonna happen.

Marvel's not going to intergate Miracleman into the mainstream Marvel universe AND spend a ton of money to buy the rights to release a trade collection/omnibus that no one under 18 can read at the same time.

Yeah curse those laws keeping kids from reading adult things

Trust and believe there'd be a lot of folks reading those stories, 18 or not

Me Too! on
  • wwtMaskwwtMask Registered User regular
    edited July 2009
    The Marvelman announcement was decidedly meh. Hell, I heard someone basically say something about this like 3 days ago.

wwtMask on
    When he dies, I hope they write "Worst Affirmative Action Hire, EVER" on his grave. His corpse should be trolled.
    Twitter - @liberaltruths | Google+ - http://gplus.to/wwtMask | Occupy Tallahassee
  • jkylefultonjkylefulton Squid...or Kid? NNID - majpellRegistered User regular
    edited July 2009
    I don't know - I think it's a big deal. Imagine if WATCHMEN had been co-written by Gaiman, and co-drawn by Alan Davis and Buckingham. Then imagine if only nine of the twelve issues had been published. That's pretty much where MIRACLEMAN left off.

If they complete the Gaiman "Silver Age / Dark Age" issues, and then they put out an Omnibus with everything? That book would make a lot of bank.

I can't imagine Marvel deciding to integrate the character into the main Marvel Universe - it wouldn't work.

jkylefulton on
    tOkYVT2.jpg
  • Me Too!Me Too! __BANNED USERS regular
    edited July 2009
    They won't be able to an omnibus though

Due to some weird legal shit it looks like they only bought the rights to the character pre-Eclipse Comics

Meaning Todd fucking MacFarlane owns those stories

Fucking

Kill him

Me Too! on
  • TexiKenTexiKen Dammit! That fish really got me!Registered User regular
    edited July 2009
    I remember reading something on S_D about the evil Miracleman, which was pretty disturbing but it was good (I think it was Buckingham pencils). I take it those were the Gaiman/Moore issues that Marvel didn't get?

Putting Miracleman in the Marvel universe might be a bit redundant with the Sentry there now. MAX stories or something stand alone would work.

TexiKen on
  • LucascraftLucascraft Registered User regular
    edited July 2009
    Any hints or previews from the Con regarding Blackest Night or other GL stuff?

Lucascraft on
    edited July 2009
    From the DC Nation Panel:
    A fan wanted DC to stop leaving issues out of its trade paperbacks and hardcovers. Bob Wayne asked for applause to see who would prefer this and who would prefer issues left out "if it makes a stronger book with a beginning, middle, and end." The former won out. "I will take that information and use it in whatever way I want," Wayne said.

Is this a prominent problem with DC trades? The last DC trade/HC I bought was the Dini Private Casebook, which was all in order.

TexiKen on
  • wirehead26wirehead26 Registered User regular
    edited July 2009
    I know the Gotham Central trades had a lot of issues missing, but I heard those issues kinda tied in to other books.

wirehead26 on
    I'M NOT FINISHED WITH YOU!!!
  • RansRans Registered User regular
    edited July 2009
    the dc nation panel was oddly lacking in any sort of announcements

isn't a lot of new stuff usually announced at this con? sort of disappointed in the news so far.

and no i don't really know anything about marvelman so i don't really care that marvel has him now.

Rans on
    edited July 2009
    I just read the wiki on Miracleman, and Chuck Austen drew some of the series for Eclipse.

That is trippy.

TexiKen on
  • HenslerHensler Registered User regular
    edited July 2009
    Okay, I'm confused on the Marvel/Miracle Man stuff. Marvel can now reprint the Moore/Gaiman books or they can just use the character?

I read all of those issues a long, long time ago, and wouldn't mind reading them again. I don't think Gaiman's run is the classic everyone's expecting, but it was a good book. And Moore's run had the best superhuman battle ever (Miracle family vs Kid Miracle Man). I still have panels from that fight burned into my memory.

Hensler on
  • yalborapyalborap Registered User regular
    edited July 2009
    Hey, was anyone else in the Batman program at 10 AM today?

Because it was the greatest thing I have ever seen in my life.

yalborap on
  • Red or AliveRed or Alive Registered User regular
    edited July 2009
    Moore gave his ownership share (i. e. the rights to his Marvelman scripts) to Gaiman years ago. He has nothing to do with the character anymore, from a legal perspective.

Marvel funded Gaiman's company Marvels and Miracles, LLC (created to sort out the question of ownership in Gaiman's favour) in exchange for two projects that became 1602 and The Eternals reboot.

Gaiman's on-board, chaps. And he wouldn't do anything that would jeopardise his friendship with Alan Moore.

All is well.

EDIT: Marvel's definitely going to fight for reprint rights to the '80s series. They're not going to go to the effort for Mick Anglo's original work (which was never very good in the first place, and would have been forgotten were it not for Alan Moore).

Red or Alive on
  • Futt BuckerFutt Bucker CTRegistered User regular
    edited July 2009
    Rans wrote: »
    the dc nation panel was oddly lacking in any sort of announcements

isn't a lot of new stuff usually announced at this con? sort of disappointed in the news so far.

and no i don't really know anything about marvelman so i don't really care that marvel has him now.

Well DC usually does all their announcing at the DC Universe panel, which is today at 12:45 PST.

Futt Bucker on
    My color is black to the blind
  • MunchMunch Registered User regular
    edited July 2009
    Is this a prominent problem with DC trades? The last DC trade/HC I bought was the Dini Private Casebook, which was all in order.

I know the Green Arrow TPBs are missing a lot of issues, which always irked the shit out of me.

Munch on
  • KVWKVW Registered User regular
    edited July 2009
    Moore and Gaiman never owned Marvelman rights. It was always Anglo's, despite supposed claims of ownership/rights by others. Marvel bought everything related to Marvelman from Anglo. There is no debate on whether they can or can not republish old material.

KVW on
  • Futt BuckerFutt Bucker CTRegistered User regular
    edited July 2009
    Johns says "I want to do the same thing with Flash that we've done with Green Lantern," adding that he's going to be doing Flash, and Sterling Gates will be writing Kid Flash. They'll be writing in close contact with each other, a la Johns on Green Lantern and Peter J. Tomasi on Green Lantern Corps.

I have greatly enjoyed Gates' Supergirl.

This pleases me.

Futt Bucker on
    My color is black to the blind
  • HenslerHensler Registered User regular
    edited July 2009
    Johns says "I want to do the same thing with Flash that we've done with Green Lantern,"

Wally is going to get fucked over the same way Kyle did.

Hensler on
  • Garlic BreadGarlic Bread i'm a bitch i'm a bitch i'm a bitch i'm a Registered User, Disagreeable regular
    edited July 2009
    Hensler wrote: »
    Johns says "I want to do the same thing with Flash that we've done with Green Lantern,"

Wally is going to get fucked over the same way Kyle did.

Johns wrote Wally for like 5 years and has repeatedly said he is still going to be a big player (with a different costume) after Rebirth.

By "do the same thing with Flash that we've done with Green Lantern", I'm assuming he means "turn it into one of the best selling and highly rated DC franchises"

Garlic Bread on
  • BalefuegoBalefuego Registered User regular
    edited July 2009
    yeah Johns loves Wally, his run on Flash was fucking rad

Balefuego on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • sportzboytjwsportzboytjw squeeeeeezzeeee some more tax breaks outRegistered User regular
    edited July 2009
    Balefuego wrote: »
    yeah Johns loves Wally, his run on Flash was fucking rad

I agree. It was great.

sportzboytjw on
    Walkerdog on MTGO
    TylerJ on League of Legends (it's free and fun!)
  • Robos A Go GoRobos A Go Go Registered User regular
    edited July 2009
    Speedster Corps.

Robos A Go Go on
  • The Lovely BastardThe Lovely Bastard Registered User regular
    edited July 2009
    guys you are forgetting the greatest news of san diego comicon

haunt confirmed for october

The Lovely Bastard on
    7656367.jpg
  • Robos A Go GoRobos A Go Go Registered User regular
    edited July 2009

I will give them out on Halloween and subsequently be christened the wicked old man who gives out bad comic books.

Robos A Go Go on
    edited July 2009
    Mon-El, Batman and Wonder Woman on Robinson's JLA run starting with #38. And Robinson is going to make WW kick ass.

And an issue of Blaire Butler in Booster Gold being his biggest fan? Really? All I know is she is on G4, but that's a big enough draw to be in a comic these days? (and I just realized that BG is going to go longer than his first series did, that's something good, right?)

I haven't seen it written, but I take it the new Flash book will have Kid Flash as the backup?

TexiKen on
  • DouglasDangerDouglasDanger PennsylvaniaRegistered User regular
    edited July 2009

I will give them out on Halloween and subsequently be christened the wicked old man who gives out bad comic books.

why would turn so many people off of the medium like that?

DouglasDanger on
  • Garlic BreadGarlic Bread i'm a bitch i'm a bitch i'm a bitch i'm a Registered User, Disagreeable regular
    edited July 2009
    Mon-El, Batman and Wonder Woman on Robinson's JLA run starting with #38. And Robinson is going to make WW kick ass.

And an issue of Blaire Butler in Booster Gold being his biggest fan? Really? All I know is she is on G4, but that's a big enough draw to be in a comic these days? (and I just realized that BG is going to go longer than his first series did, that's something good, right?)

I haven't seen it written, but I take it the new Flash book will have Kid Flash as the backup?

It's not Wonder Woman on JLA, it's Donna Troy.

And the Kid Flash book is its own on-going

Garlic Bread on
    edited July 2009

why would turn so many people off of the medium like that?

look if you are giving it to kids

who love seeing blood and violence

you will be the king of the block

The Lovely Bastard on
    7656367.jpg
    edited July 2009
    I wonder if we'll see kids as Rorschach this year.

TexiKen on
  • AntimatterAntimatter Devo Was Right Gates of SteelRegistered User regular
    edited July 2009
    Munch wrote: »

I know the Green Arrow TPBs are missing a lot of issues, which always irked the shit out of me.

Starman missed a few issues in trades.

Antimatter on
    edited July 2009
    Eisner winners announced (in bold):

Best Publication for Kids

* Amulet, Book 1: The Stonekeeper, by Kazu Kibuishi (Scholastic Graphix)
    * Cowa! by Akira Toriyama (Viz)
    * Princess at Midnight, by Andi Watson (Image)
    * Stinky, by Eleanor Davis (RAW Junior)
    * Tiny Titans, by Art Baltazar and Franco (DC)

Best Publication for Teens/Tweens

* Coraline, by Neil Gaiman, adapted by P. Craig Russell (HarperCollins Children’s Books)
    * Crogan’s Vengeance, by Chris Schweizer (Oni)
    * The Good Neighbors, Book 1: Kin, by Holly Black and Ted Naifeh (Scholastic Graphix)
    * Rapunzel’s Revenge, by Shannon and Dean Hale and Nathan Hale (Bloomsbury Children’s Books)
    * Skim, by Mariko Tamaki and Jillian Tamaki (Groundwood Books)

Best Coloring

* Steve Hamaker, Bone: Ghost Circles, Bone: Treasure Hunters (Scholastic Graphix)
    * Trish Mulvihill, Joker (DC), 100 Bullets (Vertigo/DC)
    * Val Staples, Criminal, Incognito (Marvel Icon)
    * Dave Stewart, Abe Sapien: The Drowning, BPRD, The Goon, Hellboy, Solomon Kane, The Umbrella Academy (Dark Horse); Body Bags (Image); Captain America: White (Marvel)
    * Chris Ware, Acme Novelty Library #19 (Acme)

Best Lettering

* Farel Dalrymple, Omega: The Unknown (Marvel)
    * Jimmy Gownley, Amelia Rules! (Renaissance)
    * Scott Morse, Tiger! Tiger! Tiger! (Red Window)
    * Nate Powell, Swallow Me Whole (Top Shelf)
    * Chris Ware, Acme Novelty Library #19 (Acme)

Best Digital Comic

* Bodyworld, by Dash Shaw,
    www.dashshaw.com
    * Finder, by Carla Speed McNeil,
    www.shadowlinecomics.com/webcomics/#/finder/

* The Lady’s Murder, by Eliza Frye,
    www.theladysmurder.elizafrye.com
    * Speak No Evil, by Elan Trinidad,
    www.theoryofeverythingcomics.com/SNE/ | Mirror Site
    * Vs. by Alexis Sottile & Joe Infurnari,
    www.smithmag.net/nextdoorneighbor/2008/12/08/story-18/

Best Penciller/Inker or Penciller/Inker Team

* Gabriel Bá, The Umbrella Academy (Dark Horse)
    * Mark Buckingham/Steve Leialoha, Fables (Vertigo/DC)
    * Olivier Coipel/Mark Morales, Thor (Marvel)
    * Guy Davis, BPRD (Dark Horse)
    * Amy Reeder Hadley/Richard Friend, Madame Xanadu (Vertigo/DC)
    * Jillian Tamaki, Skim (Groundwood Books)

Best Painter/Multimedia Artist

* Lynda Barry, What It Is (Drawn & Quarterly)
    * Eddie Campbell, The Amazing Remarkable Monsieur Leotard (First Second)
    * Enrico Casarosa, The Venice Chronicles (Ateliér Fio/AdHouse)
    * Scott Morse, Tiger! Tiger! Tiger! (Red Window)
    * Jill Thompson, Magic Trixie, Magic Trixie Sleeps Over (HarperCollins Children’s Books)

Spirit of retailing award winner: Tate’s Comics Ft. Lauderdale, Fl.

Best Cover Artist

* Gabriel Bá, Casanova (Image); The Umbrella Academy (Dark Horse)
    * Jo Chen, Buffy the Vampire Slayer, Serenity (Dark Horse); Runaways (Marvel)
    * Amy Reeder Hadley, Madame Xanadu (Vertigo/DC)
    * James Jean, Fables (Vertigo/DC); The Umbrella Academy (Dark Horse)
    * Matt Wagner, Zorro (Dynamite); Grendel: Behold the Devil (Dark Horse)

Best Comics-Related Periodical/Journalism

* Comic Book Resources, produced by Jonah Weiland (www.comicbookresources.com)
    * The Comics Journal, edited by Gary Groth, Michael Dean, and Kristy Valenti (Fantagraphics)
    * The Comics Reporter, produced by Tom Spurgeon and Jordan Raphael (www.comicsreporter.com)
    * Comics Comics, edited by Timothy Hodler and Dan Nadel (www.comicscomicsmag.com) (PictureBox)

Best Comics-Related Book

* Bill Mauldin: A Life Up Front, by Todd DePastino (Norton)
    * Brush with Passion: The Art and Life of Dave Stevens, edited by Arnie and Cathy Fenner (Underwood)
    * Drawing Words and Writing Pictures, by Jessica Abel and Matt Madden (First Second)
    * Kirby: King of Comics, by Mark Evanier (Abrams)
    * The Ten-Cent Plague: The Great Comic-Book Scare and How It Changed America, by David Hajdu (Picador/Farrar, Straus & Giroux)

Best Publication Design

* Breakdowns: Portrait of the Artist as a Young %@&*! designed by Art Spiegelman (Pantheon)
    * Comic Book Tattoo, designed by Tom Muller, art direction by Rantz Hoseley (Image)
    * Hellboy Library Editions, designed by Cary Grazzini and Mike Mignola (Dark Horse)
    * What It Is, designed by Lynda Barry (Drawn & Quarterly)
    * Willie and Joe, designed by Jacob Covey (Fantagraphics)

Best Archival Collection/Project—Strips

* The Complete Little Orphan Annie, by Harold Gray (IDW)
    * Explainers, by Jules Feiffer (Fantagraphics)
    * Little Nemo in Slumberland, Many More Splendid Sundays, by Winsor McCay (Sunday Press Books)
    * Scorchy Smith and the Art of Noel Sickles, (IDW)
    * Willie & Joe, by Bill Mauldin (Fantagraphics)

Best Archival Collection/Project—Comic Books

* Breakdowns: Portrait of the Artist as a Young %@&*! by Art Spiegelman (Pantheon)
    * Creepy Archives, by various (Dark Horse)
    * Elektra Omnibus, by Frank Miller and Bill Sienkiewicz (Marvel)
    * Good-Bye, by Yoshihiro Tatsumi (Drawn & Quarterly)
    * Herbie Archives, by “Shane O’Shea” (Richard E. Hughes) and Ogden Whitney (Dark Horse)

Best Humor Publication

* Arsenic Lullaby Pulp Edition No. Zero, by Douglas Paszkiewicz (Arsenic Lullaby)
    * Chumble Spuzz, by Ethan Nicolle (SLG)
    * Herbie Archives, by “Shane O’Shea” (Richard E. Hughes) and Ogden Whitney (Dark Horse)
    * Petey and Pussy, by John Kerschbaum (Fantagraphics)
    * Wondermark: Beards of Our Forefathers, by David Malki (Dark Horse)

Best U.S. Edition of International Material

* Alan’s War, by Emmanuel Guibert (First Second)
    * Gus and His Gang, by Chris Blain (First Second)
    * The Last Musketeer, by Jason (Fantagraphics)
    * The Rabbi’s Cat 2, by Joann Sfar (Pantheon)
    * Tamara Drewe, by Posy Simmonds (Mariner/Houghton Mifflin)

Best U.S. Edition of International Material—Japan

* Cat Eyed Boy, by Kazuo Umezu (Viz)
    * Dororo, by Osamu Tezuka (Vertical)
    * Naoki Urasawa’s Monster, by Naoki Urasawa (Viz)
    * The Quest for the Missing Girl, by Jiro Taniguchi (Fanfare/Ponent Mon)
    * Solanin, by Inio Asano (Viz)

Best Writer

* Joe Hill, Lock & Key (IDW)
    * J. Michael Straczynski, Thor, The Twelve (Marvel)
    * Mariko Tamaki, Skim (Groundwood Books)
    * Matt Wagner, Zorro (Dynamite); Madame Xanadu (Vertigo/DC)
    * Bill Willingham, Fables, House of Mystery (Vertigo/DC)

Best Writer/Artist

* Ricky Geary, A Treasury of XXth Century Murder: The Lindbergh Child (NBM); J. Edgar Hoover (Hill & Wang)
    * Emmanuel Guibert, Alan’s War (First Second)
    * Jason Lutes, Berlin (Drawn & Quarterly)
    * Cyril Pedrosa, Three Shadows (First Second)
    * Nate Powell, Swallow Me Whole (Top Shelf)
    * Chris Ware, Acme Novelty Library (Acme)

Best New Series

* Air, by. G. Willow Wilson and M. K. Perker (Vertigo/DC)
    * Echo, by Terry Moore (Abstract Studio)
    * Invincible Iron Man, by Matt Fraction and Salvador Larroca (Marvel)
    * Madame Xanadu, by Matt Wagner, Amy Reeder Hadley, and Richard Friend (Vertigo/DC)
    * Unknown Soldier, by Joshua Dysart and Alberto Ponticelli (Vertigo/DC)

Best Limited Series

* Groo: Hell on Earth, by Sergio Aragonés and Mark Evanier (Dark Horse)
    * Hellboy: The Crooked Man, by Mike Mignola and Richard Corben (Dark Horse)
    * Locke & Key, by Joe Hill and Gabriel Rodriguez (IDW)
    * Omega the Unknown, by Jonathan Lethem, Karl Rusnak, and Farel Dalrymple (Marvel)
    * The Twelve, by J. Michael Straczynski and Chris Weston (Marvel)

Best Continuing Series

* All Star Superman. by Grant Morrison and Frank Quitely (DC)
    * Fables, by Bill Willingham, Mark Buckingham, Steve Leialoha, Niko Henrichon, Andrew Pepoy, and Peter Gross (Vertigo/DC)
    * Naoki Urasawa’s Monster, by Naoki Urasawa (Viz)
    * Thor, by J. Michael Straczynski, Olivier Coipel, Mark Morales, and various (Marvel)
    * Usagi Yojimbo, by Stan Sakai (Dark Horse)

Best Short Story

* “Actual Size” by Chris Ware, in Kramers Ergot 7 (Buenaventura Press)
    * “Chechen War, Chechen Women,” by Joe Sacco, in I Live Here (Pantheon)
    * “Freaks,” by Laura Park, in Superior Showcase #3 (AdHouse)
    * “Glenn Ganges in ‘Pulverize,’” by Kevin Huizenga, in Ganges #2 (Fantagraphics)
    * “Murder He Wrote,” by Ian Boothby, Nina Matsumoto, and Andrew Pepoy, in The Simpsons’ Treehouse of Horror #14 (Bongo)

Best Anthology

* An Anthology of Graphic Fiction, Cartoons, and True Stories, vol. 2, edited by Ivan Brunetti (Yale University Press)
    * Best American Comics 2008, edited by Lynda Barry (Houghton Mifflin)
    * Comic Book Tattoo: Narrative Art Inspired by the Lyrics and Music of Tori Amos, edited by Rantz Hoseley (Image)
    * Kramers Ergot 7, edited by Sammy Harkham (Buenaventura Press)
    * MySpace Dark Horse Presents, edited by Scott Allie and Sierra Hahn (Dark Horse)

Best Reality-Based Work

* Blue Pills: A Positive Love Story, by Frederik Peeters (Houghton Mifflin)
    * Fishtown, by Kevin Colden (IDW)
    * A Treasury of XXth Century Murder: The Lindbergh Child, by Rick Geary (NBM)
    * What It Is, by Lynda Barry (Drawn & Quarterly)

Best Graphic Album—Reprint

* Berlin Book 2: City of Smoke, by Jason Lutes (Drawn & Quarterly)
    * Hellboy Library Edition, vols. 1 and 2, by Mike Mignola (Dark Horse)
    * Sam & Max Surfin’ the Highway anniversary edition HC, by Steve Purcell (Telltale Games)
    * Skyscrapers of the Midwest, by Joshua W. Cotter (AdHouse)
    * The Umbrella Academy, vol. 1: Apocalypse Suite deluxe edition, by Gerard Way and Gabriel Bá (Dark Horse)

Best Graphic Album—New

* Paul Goes Fishing, by Michel Rabagliati (Drawn & Quarterly)
    * Skim, by Mariko Tamaki and Jillian Tamaki (Groundwood Books)
    * Swallow Me Whole, by Nate Powell (Top Shelf)
    * Three Shadows, by Cyril Pedrosa (First Second)

TexiKen on
    edited July 2009
    fuck yeah Herbie

The Lovely Bastard on
    7656367.jpg
  • HadjiQuestHadjiQuest Registered User regular
    edited July 2009
    At first I was planning on dodging Robinson's ongoing JLA for JSA or JSA All Stars (Love me some cyclone), but the replacement trinity on JLA means I'm in.

HadjiQuest on