As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[Dragonica: Paris Strikes Back] Improved EXP gain! Finally!

• Options
    KajustaKajusta Registered User regular
    edited July 2009
    I hit level 20 on my Archer today, decided to go Hunter.

Arrow Shower is pretty much the best ability, ever. I went from barely getting B's in missions and now I'm getting S's. White Tooth or whatever his name is still takes me literally forever(10 minutes or so) to kill solo, though.

Kajusta on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    XBL
  • Options
    PikaPuffPikaPuff Registered User regular
    edited July 2009
    Do you have multishot?

PikaPuff on
    jCyyTSo.png
  • Options
    edited July 2009
    Yeah, I do.

Fucker still takes forever. Also, is there a better way to go about getting set items other than farming the bosses that drop them? I seem to have really bad luck.

Kajusta on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    XBL
  • Options
    edited July 2009
    trade button while inside a town?

PikaPuff on
    jCyyTSo.png
  • Options
    edited July 2009
    No, yeah, I know about that.

I've just heard some things about "loot chance" or something along those lines when you smash treasure chests and what not.

Kajusta on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    XBL
  • Options
    edited July 2009
    huh. well. if mumblyfish was here, we'd tell you in a mean way that sets suck and you shouldn't waste time trying to get them

PikaPuff on
    jCyyTSo.png
  • Options
    edited July 2009
    But

They look so cool

Edit: What are your thoughts on Jesters? I did the Farrel job change quest last night and we had a jester in the group that pretty much just AoE'd him down in about 2 minutes. I've played with Thieves a little bit, and I like them, but I haven't made up my mind whether I want to keep playing my Hunter or not.

Kajusta on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    XBL
  • Options
    edited July 2009
    hunter-> trapper are tied best in pvp, good in pve

jester are tied best in pvp, and great in pve with aoes, good at boss

aco are good in pvp/pve, great at bosses

war can live for a long time in pvp, but suck at everything else

battlemage are good for pve aoe

ranger is ok at everything. assassin suck just as much

so i hear/guess.

PikaPuff on
    jCyyTSo.png
  • Options
    MumblyfishMumblyfish Registered User regular
    edited July 2009
    PikaPuff wrote: »
    huh. well. if mumblyfish was here, we'd tell you in a mean way that sets suck and you shouldn't waste time trying to get them
    This, basically!

For PvE, the only attributes that matter are the ones that increase your damage output. This basically means you want accuracy on the slots where that's an available option, and strength/intelligence where not. Most sets are absolutely terrible in this regard, and the odds of enchanting them with a strength/intelligence bonus are... slim, to say the least.

To start with, shoot for filling every equipment slot with strength/intelligence. Break down equipment you do not want into souls, then take "white" (unenchanted) armour to the soul enchanter. Cross your fingers and hope for a good bonus - the odds are against you. Since DEF and MDEF are meaningless, if you get a good bonus, you have a piece of equipment that could last you a long time.

Mumblyfish on
  • Options
    edited July 2009
    are you saying acc/str/int for hunters only, or those are good stats in general for every class?

PikaPuff on
    jCyyTSo.png
  • Options
    MumblyfishMumblyfish Registered User regular
    edited July 2009
    Accuracy is an excellent stat for every class except Battlemages. Missing even once is the equivalent of losing hundreds of strength/intelligence. As long as you have less than 100% accuracy against whatever you are fighting, you need more accuracy. Battlemages don't need accuracy because their spells are perfectly accurate on anything within 15 levels of them.

Strength increases physical attack, so it's the obvious go-to stat for Warriors, Archers and Thieves. It does abso-fucking-lutely nothing for Mages.

Intelligence increases magical attack and MP. The MP increase is negligable, so it's the obvious go-to stat for Mages, and completely useless for everyone else.

If you're at all interested in high-end PvP, other stats like vitality and dodge rate actually become useful. They're not worth worrying about until the experience curve gets vicious and it takes days of play to get a single level.

Mumblyfish on
  • Options
    edited July 2009
    I think I'm giving up my Hunter and going to get my Thief to Jester.

My thief is just so much more fun to play.

Kajusta on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    XBL
  • Options
    edited July 2009
    Mumblyfish wrote: »
    Accuracy is an excellent stat for every class except Battlemages. Missing even once is the equivalent of losing hundreds of strength/intelligence. As long as you have less than 100% accuracy against whatever you are fighting, you need more accuracy. Battlemages don't need accuracy because their spells are perfectly accurate on anything within 15 levels of them.

Strength increases physical attack, so it's the obvious go-to stat for Warriors, Archers and Thieves. It does abso-fucking-lutely nothing for Mages.

Intelligence increases magical attack and MP. The MP increase is negligable, so it's the obvious go-to stat for Mages, and completely useless for everyone else.

If you're at all interested in high-end PvP, other stats like vitality and dodge rate actually become useful. They're not worth worrying about until the experience curve gets vicious and it takes days of play to get a single level.

So are Jester/Thief sets actually worth buying if they are cheap?

Most of them have agi/crit/acc as the set bonuses.

Kajusta on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    XBL
  • Options
    edited July 2009
    fuck. someone give me an opinion on playing iah or waiting for thq's open

PikaPuff on
    jCyyTSo.png
  • Options
    edited July 2009
    I really don't see the advantage of waiting for THQ to open unless they are increasing the experience rates or something, or unless you've got extremely bad lag on IAH.

Kajusta on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    XBL
  • Options
    EliminationElimination Registered User regular
    edited July 2009
    Kajusta wrote: »
    I really don't see the advantage of waiting for THQ to open unless they are increasing the experience rates or something, or unless you've got extremely bad lag on IAH.

From what ive read on THQ's forums the exp rates are going to be higher than those on IAH.

Elimination on
    PSN: PA_Elimination 3DS: 4399-2012-1711 Steam: http://steamcommunity.com/id/TheElimination/
  • Options
    edited July 2009
    I'm level 25 on my Jester now and I fuck shit up.

I don't get quite as many combos as my Hunter, but I get enough to get S rank and I complete missions faster than him. Also, I look a whole lot more stylish.

Kajusta on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    XBL
  • Options
    TarranonTarranon Registered User regular
    edited July 2009
    hooray for soloing that crazy sewer doctor. in retrospect...probably a bad idea.

also I'm thinking that resetting my skills so soon was a big mistake. fuuuuuck. I completely forgot that it's going to take forever until I get access to the meatier battlemage spells.

Tarranon on
    You could be anywhere
    On the black screen
  • Options
    M.D.M.D. and then what happens? Registered User regular
    edited July 2009
    so I am trying this here game out, and so far it's fun but I can see where a controller would be very nice to have while playing.

I made an archer and probably going to make a magician.

M.D. on
  • Options
    edited July 2009
    Tarranon wrote: »
    also I'm thinking that resetting my skills so soon was a big mistake. fuuuuuck. I completely forgot that it's going to take forever until I get access to the meatier battlemage spells.
    the reset scroll you get is 1-19, thought isn't it?

PikaPuff on
    jCyyTSo.png
  • Options
    elliotw2elliotw2 Registered User regular
    edited July 2009
    Hey, add me to the IAH player list, Elliotw

elliotw2 on
    camo_sig2.pngXBL:Elliotw3|PSN:elliotw2
  • Options
    TarranonTarranon Registered User regular
    edited July 2009
    PikaPuff wrote: »
    Tarranon wrote: »
    the reset scroll you get is 1-19, thought isn't it?

You get a new one when you switch jobs.

Tarranon on
    You could be anywhere
    On the black screen
  • Options
    mensch-o-maticmensch-o-matic Registered User regular
    edited August 2009
    after a couple week's break due to moving i've got my battlemage to 28, but i keep getting kicked out of the server every other mission so i probably am gonna wait the error out. too bad cause 15% exp weekend starts today :(

mensch-o-matic on
  • Options
    M.D.M.D. and then what happens? Registered User regular
    edited August 2009
    After trying the archer and magician, I made a thief and I must say i'm having a lot more fun with it than the other characters.

I want to go assassin but I hear it's only good for pvp?

M.D. on
  • Options
    edited August 2009
    btw thq ice is having a contest of guess what day open beta starts: aug 14-21. so it'll be up sometime that week

PikaPuff on
    jCyyTSo.png
  • Options
    chrono_travellerchrono_traveller Registered User regular
    edited August 2009
    So, I made a thief character a few days ago and been just kinda messing around with him. Haven't formed any groups or anything. If you guys have any lowbie characters that are looking for a group, I'd be happy to group up. The thief's name is Varys.

Do you group by account name or by character name?

chrono_traveller on
    The trouble with having an open mind, of course, is that people will insist on coming along and trying to put things in it. ~ Terry Pratchett
  • Options
    AldoAldo Hippo Hooray Registered User regular
    edited August 2009
    character name.

Aldo on
  • Options
    eatmosushieatmosushi __BANNED USERS regular
    edited August 2009
    Dragonica: Baby's First MMO

eatmosushi on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] Spun uncontrollably skyward... Driven brutally into the ground
  • Options
    NerfThatManNerfThatMan Registered User regular
    edited August 2009
    Also trying this out, got a 9 Warrior right now, named Zissou. IAH, Kaye.

NerfThatMan on
    PSN: corporateshill
  • Options
    NishuNishu Registered User regular
    edited August 2009
    so I am trying this here game out, and so far it's fun but I can see where a controller would be very nice to have while playing.

I made an archer and probably going to make a magician.

I highly recommend using joy2key or the other program whose name escapes me at the moment to setup a controller configuration. It's pretty nice.

Nishu on
  • Options
    RemyLebeau_88RemyLebeau_88 Registered User regular
    edited August 2009
    Anyone going to give the THQ OB a shot? I've yet to play this, and would join those on the international server, but this seems like a game where you want to avoid lag as much as possible (as compared to any game >_>).

RemyLebeau_88 on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    edited August 2009
    wanted to, but champions online beta is this week, too. that one wins.

PikaPuff on
    jCyyTSo.png
  • Options
    edited August 2009
    THQ Ice version is now open for bidniz. Finally, now i can play properly.

Elimination on
    PSN: PA_Elimination 3DS: 4399-2012-1711 Steam: http://steamcommunity.com/id/TheElimination/
  • Options
    MeetVinceTheScoutMeetVinceTheScout Registered User regular
    edited August 2009
    The open beta is on? I am going to be all over this game like stink on rice.

MeetVinceTheScout on
  • Options
    edited August 2009
    The open beta is on? I am going to be all over this game like stink on rice.

Just opened yesterday afternoon. Lag free and having fun. Cash shop is also open though not much is in it yet.

Elimination on
  • Options
    EZEZ Registered User regular
    edited August 2009
    Is there someone starting the guild back up on the THQ version?

EZ on
    psn: Fueler325
    Steam ID:
  • Options
    RiokennRiokenn Registered User regular
    edited August 2009
    EZ wrote: »
    Is there someone starting the guild back up on the THQ version?

Yeah I want to try this game out but apparently there are some complications with the THQ one so you guys went to the IAH. Im just wondering what the difference is between THQ and IAH. >.>

EDIT: OMG Archers are OP!

Riokenn on
    OmSUg.pngrs3ua.pngvVAdv.png
  • Options
    BrassBrass Registered User regular
    edited September 2009
    Hook this game up go a controller and goddamn it becomes 3x as fun.

And I think THQ is the NA one and IAH is Euro or something.

Brass on
  • Options
    webguy20webguy20 I spend too much time on the Internet Registered User regular
    edited September 2009
    Hey so Im pretty sure Im playing on the THQ server, or something. Seems pretty fun though anybody else playing?

webguy20 on
    Steam ID: Webguy20
    Origin ID: Discgolfer27
    Untappd ID: Discgolfer1981
  • Options
    DjiemDjiem Registered User regular
    edited September 2009
    So... I tried this game and it's fun, but I can't invest time in my characters if they're gonna get wiped. Anyone knows when we'll have our permanent mans?

Djiem on