As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[Mini Phalla] Phallabusters - Day 7: GAME OVER - GOOD AND POSITVE SLIME WIN

• Dunadan019Dunadan019 Registered User regular
    edited July 2009
    the order of actions was:

Vote manip and narration -> vote -> busdrivers -> Roleblockers -> Guard + Improver -> Kills -> Post restrictors and morph -> Seers.

Dunadan019 on
  • ExarchExarch Registered User regular
    edited July 2009
    Of note, OS I wouldn't have vigged you if I'd been around later in the day. Your rant had me convinced that you weren't evil as I had suspected earlier, but I only read it after I got back, a few hours after vote close.

Exarch on
    No gods or kings, only man.
    LoL: BunyipAristocrat
  • JaentherJaenther Registered User regular
    edited July 2009
    Here's a question: If Exarch hadn't changed his vote, but had targetted his kill at Geebs, the result would've been total destruction. Who would've won?

Jaenther on
  • TheLawinatorTheLawinator Registered User regular
    edited July 2009
    Nobody. It's a good thing Exarch and I are gangsta.

Actually maybe only Infidel would have won.

TheLawinator on
    My SteamID Gamertag and PSN: TheLawinator
    edited July 2009
    Jaenther wrote: »
    Here's a question: If Exarch hadn't changed his vote, but had targetted his kill at Geebs, the result would've been total destruction. Who would've won?

If they had not voted out geebs, you would have won.

Geebs had a role block on exarch that stopped him from killing and would have killed both of the other two.

That is the narration I was writing when they pulled a win out of their asses 10 minutes before vote close....

basically just truncate the narration I had right after 'you lose' and add a paragraph about gozer maniacally laughing with all of his 4 statues.

Oh and this song instead.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FCv0-Zxqe5k

Dunadan019 on
  • kimekime Queen of Blades Registered User regular
    edited July 2009
    To be fair, kime and I could have escaped just about all of the seers.

If I'd been able to do anything all game!

On that note...
    Dunadan019 wrote: »
    Oh and Kime.

On night one you were redirected to thanatos.
    on night two you were roleblocked by neville (and since zuul is female, he found out that you targetted yourself)
    on night three psolms was roleblocked by neville but that was misdirected onto you by the busdriver as was the vig that killed you.

never to become a real boy....

GAHHH, such bad luck haha. I was only really role-blocked once, and I died by accident!?

Bleh.

Good game though Dunadan, was very fun!

Edit: And oh darn, soooo close to a victory.

kime on
    Battle.net ID: kime#1822
    3DS Friend Code: 3110-5393-4113
    Steam profile
  • ExarchExarch Registered User regular
    edited July 2009
    I was planning all day to do a vote close switch. I figured it'd be better to try for a win instead of hoping for everyone to die. Had no idea Gozer could roleblock though, never got much info from anyone.

Exarch on
    No gods or kings, only man.
    LoL: BunyipAristocrat
  • SaraLunaSaraLuna Registered User regular
    edited July 2009
    it wasn't an accident kime, you were acting too low key
    my other kill was the accident

SaraLuna on
  • B:LB:L I've done worse. Registered User regular
    edited July 2009
    Now: My thoughts.

first off, your 'trust network' was a terrible Idea OS and Psolms.

I'm sitting there reading the mafia board when they come out with all this role information..... and I'm saying to myself.... how the hell are they getting that?

Turns out you all just gave them the information.....

Thats why the mafia had such an easy time the first few days.

Hahah, information leak and psuedo-pregame-alliances?

That's just terrible game theory. Congrats on the win despite that. :lol:

B:L on
    10mvrci.png click for Anime chat
    edited July 2009
    it wasn't an accident kime, you were acting too low key
    my other kill was the accident
    Duny just said it was busdriven onto me. Was that intentional?

kime on
    Steam profile
    edited July 2009
    Post restrictions:

Day 1. Infidel had to use the word broheim in every sentance. DDJ did not send in orders.

Day 2. 5 people targetted OS that night including both post restrictors

Day 3. Powerpuppies had to use I say at the beginning and end of every post. DDJ targeted Infidel but it didn't work since infidel was a ghost.

Day 4. DDJ targeted a ghost.

Dunadan019 on
  • SaraLunaSaraLuna Registered User regular
    edited July 2009
    well, I had a pretty good idea that psolms was gonna be vigged as he was being implicated in the bizarre network thing that was going on

SaraLuna on
    edited July 2009
    I'm just happy we know now why Than was human, haha.

kime on
    Steam profile
    edited July 2009
    Psolms and infidel couldn't have been killed by vigs, mafia or SK kills. neither of them got targeted by a kill that went through though so it was a non issue.

Dunadan019 on
    edited July 2009
    Dunadan019 on
  • FaynorFaynor Registered User regular
    edited July 2009
    Lol, I remember you guys reading that. "Oh. The, uh, the captain of the titanic is alive. Alright. That's cool."

Faynor on
    do you wanna see me eat a hotdog
    edited July 2009
    I am just sad that thanatos never used his ability.

that was my favorite ability too.

so many possibilities....

Dunadan019 on
  • ThanatosThanatos Registered User regular
    edited July 2009
    I only used my power the second night, since I figured the first night I would be targeting people randomly, and was most likely to screw over two good guys. I used it on Samurai and kime the second night, because samurai screwed me and kime is annoying.

I totally used my ability the second night. Then I died. Again. But I figured someone had targeted me with a "bring ghosts back to life" ability, but I couldn't fucking figure out who in the series that would be. This makes much more sense. :P

And I lied about being a ghost because I figured that on the very remote chance that I survived that night, I would hopefully get targeted by people who kill/block/whatever ghosts but don't affect humans. Also, I didn't mention my ability because I really wanted to screw samurai without it being easily explainable by him.

Thanatos on
    edited July 2009
    Thanatos wrote: »
    I only used my power the second night, since I figured the first night I would be targeting people randomly, and was most likely to screw over two good guys. I used it on Samurai and kime the second night, because samurai screwed me and kime is annoying.

hi5

edited July 2009
    yeah but you died to the vote so you didn't get to use your ability. vote went before any of the bus drivers.

I was hoping for exactly that situation though so that I could say that zuul sued himself and went crazy gnawing on his own feet until he finally ate himself.

Dunadan019 on
  • samurai6966samurai6966 Registered User regular
    edited July 2009
    These were the depresser videos that I kept

Damn, I wish I had gotten that video. I love The man in Black.

samurai6966 on
    edited July 2009
    Ok, I'm going to bed. I'll answer all other questions in the afternoon sometime.

I'm going to pickup my new car in the morning!

I hope everyone enjoyed the game and the narrations (boy do I hate writing)

Dunadan019 on
  • couttscoutts Registered User regular
    edited July 2009
    Second game in a row I was the guard...

coutts on
    Pearl FC - 2535 1604 7594 // Black FC - 2494 3438 2717
    scorpex.jpg
  • shalmeloshalmelo sees no evil Registered User regular
    edited July 2009
    Glad I was able to turn things around with my reveal. Never been the seer before, I was expecting that the ghostbusters would be masoned together and felt really isolated and paranoid when we weren't. I was in touch with samurai and psolms, almost got myself revealed to jaenther, then panicked which led to my forum announcement.

In other news, GO NYC!

shalmelo on
    Steam ID: Shalmelo || LoL: melo2boogaloo || tweets
  • Orange SodaOrange Soda Registered User regular
    edited July 2009
    Exarch wrote: »
    Of note, OS I wouldn't have vigged you if I'd been around later in the day. Your rant had me convinced that you weren't evil as I had suspected earlier, but I only read it after I got back, a few hours after vote close.

No hard feelings. I deserved the karma kill.
    B:L wrote: »
    Now: My thoughts.

first off, your 'trust network' was a terrible Idea OS and Psolms.

I'm sitting there reading the mafia board when they come out with all this role information..... and I'm saying to myself.... how the hell are they getting that?

Turns out you all just gave them the information.....

Thats why the mafia had such an easy time the first few days.

Hahah, information leak and psuedo-pregame-alliances?

That's just terrible game theory. Congrats on the win despite that. :lol:

Sorry B:L I can't hear you over all the asshole coming out of your mouth. You missed the part where I already admitted to misjudging. Congratulations on just sounding like a prick. Not that I am surprised!

Orange Soda on
  • FaynorFaynor Registered User regular
    edited July 2009
    Oh, something I was wondering that I probably should have asked before Duna went to bed.

Did Dana really die because I died, or was she killed and it was just written like that as fluff in the narration?

Faynor on
    do you wanna see me eat a hotdog
    edited July 2009
    I believe we actually targeted EZ too, though that was mostly RNG, I don't think we had any role info on him. I can't be bothered to go back and check the proboard. So yeah, mafia went after women and children first.

Jaenther on
  • garroad_rangarroad_ran Registered User regular
    edited July 2009
    Erich ate the vote on day 1.

And I'm still wondering why my ability didn't work on days 2 3 and 4 :(

garroad_ran on
    edited July 2009
    Sorry B:L I can't hear you over all the asshole coming out of your mouth. You missed the part where I already admitted to misjudging. Congratulations on just sounding like a prick. Not that I am surprised!

What, you admitting that you were gambling and it didn't pay off was an admission of misjudgment? Well, I guess it's a start. :lol:

No, my problem with what you did isn't personal, so you shouldn't take it as such. It's just bad game theory. What you gain from sharing your role PM on day one is a friend, one possibly still untrustworthy. What we gain to lose is giving the mafia vital information, giving them yet another ally for voting, and giving them an in if you're ever seered and decide to leak information to them. It happens.

I'm just not a fan of these psuedo-pre-game networks that involve pm/role sharing, especially when they're carried out the way you did. When weighing the pros and cons, it's just a stupid and selfish move in the end, increasing your current survivability at the cost of undermining the village's chances to win.

• psolmspsolms Registered User regular
    edited July 2009
    Samurai, calm yourself. Deep breaths. You're wrong, as usual. Psolms was what he said he was, the entire time. He only had to kill Infidel to win, he wasn't an SK or evil. In fact, he was being very annoying trying to help the village. Might've been more effective if his "trust network" hadn't included most of the bad guys.

this. i managed to get 3/4 baddies in my 'trust network'. next time, instead of PMing who i think will be useful to me, ill call them out as mafia targets, since apparently my instincts to find mafia are pretty damn good :P
    Actually me and psalms almost had a really solid day 1 network, and powerpuppies was supposed to be role blocked and killed on night two. I am not sure where the ball got dropped, but I assume it was through kime even though I don't remember how much I told him.

this turns out, is incorrect. our 'network' was infiltrated by kime from the start, then jaen and garrod ran were my contacts. i think the only person i contacted who was 'good' per se, was jedi.

sorry jedi. i got you killed for sure.

as for being a terrible neutral, i had to go gung ho for the village, otherwise, no one would believe me, someone would try to vig me, and then id eat the vote after a failed vig kill. as i said to kime in the post-death times, if any of you would have offered me the chance to go evil, i probably would have taken it. especially after knowing my network was infiltrated. nobody asked, though.

psolms on
  • AriviaArivia I Like A Challenge Earth-1Registered User regular
    edited July 2009
    Whee, that was fun. Narration control is such a weird power, especially when I'm not networked.

Arivia on
    huntresssig.jpg
    edited July 2009
    You've got a point there, we probably could've had Powerpuppies make a pitch, I don't recall whether it was considered.

Jaenther on
  • psolmspsolms Registered User regular
    edited July 2009
    You've got a point there, we probably could've had Powerpuppies make a pitch, I don't recall whether it was considered.

he made a pitch after i sold him out to the thread. there was no going back at that point.

if kime would have made the pitch day 1, i would have had to think about it. when i saw that kime was evil (and he was my confidant) either of you could have made the pitch and i would have turned. because i knew at that point that it was all over for me.

psolms on
  • Orange SodaOrange Soda Registered User regular
    edited July 2009
    <redacted>

This shit isn't worth it.

Orange Soda on
    edited July 2009
    psolms wrote: »

he made a pitch after i sold him out to the thread. there was no going back at that point.

if kime would have made the pitch day 1, i would have had to think about it. when i saw that kime was evil (and he was my confidant) either of you could have made the pitch and i would have turned. because i knew at that point that it was all over for me.

That's why, when I play neutral, I don't like making myself clearly village-aligned. I want to play both sides, haha. To each their own, I suppose. But just by the fact that you had so much info, if you hadn't been immune to mafia kills we may have taken you out. That's why you may not wanna go super-village-alligned next time you are evil. It's doubtful a goodie will want to waste a vote on you anyways. Maybe.

erm. Actually, there was that neutral witch-hunt spree a while back, so maybe yours is the safer route haha.

kime on
    Steam profile
  • SeriouslySeriously Registered User regular
    edited July 2009
    2zgi8tj.gif

Seriously on
  • DJ EebsDJ Eebs Moderator, Administrator admin
    edited July 2009
    awwwwwww crap, I was playing rock band at vote close and telling a friend to keep an eye on the thread with his iphone

at about 8:02 he goes "yep, you lost, they both voted for you" and I was like daaaaaang

were you guys even talking to each other? I'm trying to figure out if I could have made a play at making it through

DJ Eebs on
  • InfidelInfidel Heretic Registered User regular
    edited July 2009
    oh you guys

Infidel on
    OrokosPA.png
  • SpectrumSpectrum Archer of Inferno Chaldea Rec RoomRegistered User regular
    edited July 2009
    *sigh* Guess I should stop trying for the grudge award.

Dac, we're cool, we can stop hating each other in public.

Spectrum on
    XNnw6Gk.jpg
    edited July 2009
    awwwwwww crap, I was playing rock band at vote close and telling a friend to keep an eye on the thread with his iphone

at about 8:02 he goes "yep, you lost, they both voted for you" and I was like daaaaaang

were you guys even talking to each other? I'm trying to figure out if I could have made a play at making it through
    I think Exarch said earlier he was planning on you for most of the day, so I think you were screwed haha. Good try though!

kime on
    Steam profile