As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Students and employees in schools/universities: Buy a mac, get an iPod touch free.

NerdtendoNerdtendo Registered User regular
I know it's rather specific, but still, pretty awesome deal for anyone who qualifies. Figured I'd mention it just in case. Appears to be a back to school deal going on.

IHZR47b.png
Nerdtendo on

• Options
    wunderbarwunderbar What Have I Done? Registered User regular
    edited July 2009
    this has been going on since early June, and Apple does it so they can clear their inventory of iPods before they introduce new models in September.

wunderbar on
    XBL: thewunderbar PSN: thewunderbar NNID: thewunderbar Steam: wunderbar87 Twitter: wunderbar
  • Options
    maximumzeromaximumzero I...wait, what? New Orleans, LARegistered User regular
    edited July 2009
    I did this a few years back and got a 32GB iPod Touch for $199.

Not a bad deal if I say so myself, though I wish I could have gotten a HDD-based iPod at the time.

maximumzero on
    FU7kFbw.png
    Switch: 6200-8149-0919 / Wii U: maximumzero / 3DS: 0860-3352-3335 / eBay Shop
  • Options
    JasconiusJasconius sword criminal mad onlineRegistered User regular
    edited July 2009
    It's been going on way before June. That was a deal when I was in college.

Doesn't it require some dumb rebate/proof of purchase thing?

If so, fail.

Jasconius on
  • Options
    0blique0blique Registered User regular
    edited July 2009
    This is usually a rebate thing, at least it was back a few years ago when I got my laptop. I ordered it a few days before they announced the promotion, but they gave me an ipod after some complaining on the phone line- once to get them to ship me the ipod, and another to get them to reimburse me for it. It's still a good deal for anyone planning on getting a mac anyway.

0blique on
  • Options
    wunderbarwunderbar What Have I Done? Registered User regular
    edited July 2009
    0blique wrote: »
    This is usually a rebate thing, at least it was back a few years ago when I got my laptop. I ordered it a few days before they announced the promotion, but they gave me an ipod after some complaining on the phone line- once to get them to ship me the ipod, and another to get them to reimburse me for it. It's still a good deal for anyone planning on getting a mac anyway.

yea, it is a MIR. you have to send in a completed form, with the UPC's for the mac and the iPod, they then either do a direct deposit or send you a cheque.

wunderbar on
    XBL: thewunderbar PSN: thewunderbar NNID: thewunderbar Steam: wunderbar87 Twitter: wunderbar
  • Options
    Centipede DamascusCentipede Damascus Registered User regular
    edited July 2009
    It's definitely a good deal, unless you're a hardcore Apple hater like I am.

Centipede Damascus on
  • Options
    unpurposedunpurposed Registered User regular
    edited July 2009
    If you go to Best Buy and buy your Macbook there, you get the iPod Touch for free without having to do a MIR.

unpurposed on
  • Options
    JAEFJAEF Unstoppably Bald Registered User regular
    edited July 2009
    It's definitely a good deal, unless you're a hardcore Apple hater like I am.
    High five! The technology and software is compelling but god damn I hate Apple.

JAEF on
  • Options
    BobCescaBobCesca Is a girl Birmingham, UKRegistered User regular
    edited July 2009
    I just bought a new laptop and in the UK it means you get a Touch for £20. The cheque came pretty quickly (they say up to 6 weeks, I think it was actually about 3). All in all a good deal, and if I hadn't wanted the Touch I would have still got it and probably sold it or something. The education store for Apple does give you some ok discounts.

BobCesca on