As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Blazblue: Continuum: Shift: Colons - Changes in OP

• Options
    The Cow KingThe Cow King a island Registered User regular
    edited July 2009
    Just got back from EB apperntly according to them Blazblue isn't coming out till the end of august.

August.

August.

Seriously? SERIOUSLY

Fuck off already and Amazon doesn't have it listed I might have to Ebay it. Ugh

The Cow King on
    icGJy2C.png
  • Options
    HounHoun Registered User regular
    edited July 2009
    Again, check Best Buy. My local Best Buy had copies yesterday, and someone else earlier mentioned their BB also having some.

Houn on
  • Options
    MNC DoverMNC Dover Full-time Voice Actor Kirkland, WARegistered User regular
    edited July 2009
    Can you smell it? Can you feel it? That's right, it's time once again to rumble...

Penny Arcade Style!

MNC Dover on
    Need a voice actor? Hire me at bengrayVO.com
    Legends of Runeterra: MNCdover #moc
    Switch ID: MNC Dover SW-1154-3107-1051
    Steam ID
    Twitch Page
  • Options
    edited July 2009
    Houn wrote: »
    Again, check Best Buy. My local Best Buy had copies yesterday, and someone else earlier mentioned their BB also having some.

Closest Best Buy is over a hour away :|.

Thanks though.

The Cow King on
    icGJy2C.png
  • Options
    edited July 2009
    Dover: Despite my sucking... PM sent.

Cow King: Call them first? Ask them to hold it?

Houn on
  • Options
    edited July 2009
    Dover: Despite my sucking... PM sent.

Cow King: Call them first? Ask them to hold it?

I am unable to make a hour long trip for Blazblue as much as I would love to I just can't.

The Cow King on
    icGJy2C.png
  • Options
    RendRend Registered User regular
    edited July 2009
    So I consider Litchi and Tao my best characters. I also considered Bang one of my worst.

I go into arcade mode to unlock a couple more astral heats... and while I can't go through arcade mode with either litchi or tao yet without using a continue, I did it with Bang on the first try.

I am confused and excited.

Rend on
  • Options
    GooseyGooseGooseyGoose Registered User regular
    edited July 2009
    Numbers denote direction (look at your num-pad on your keyboard). 1 = down-back 6 = forward 5=neutral etc. Letters denote button press.

Thanks for this.

GooseyGoose on
  • Options
    PartialartistPartialartist Registered User regular
    edited July 2009
    Finally starting to find more Carls online. It was a tough matchup at first, because of how rare an encounter was, but I'm finally starting to be able to deal with him. The only character that still gives me trouble is Litchi, because she outranges Jin.

Partialartist on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]PSN : TheIdiomatic
  • Options
    Kai_SanKai_San Commonly known as Klineshrike! Registered User regular
    edited July 2009
    I still cant handle Carls, they are so few and far between I am clueless. And I am also usually in awe. I only recently realized he has that falling airial hit that can hurt me bad.

Tager I figured out for the crappy ones, but when they know what they are doing, I ALWAYS end up eating either the power of science or a 720 due to invincibility. Im Ragna, how do I STOP being aggresive :(

And Arakune destroys me because I just cant find a way inbetween any of his shit. Sure, I can not let him curse me, but that shit is all over the place and I cant read it, then when I try to hold back and wait for a mistake, BAM throw into ludicrous easy mode damage :(

Kai_San on
  • Options
    StokedUpStokedUp Registered User regular
    edited July 2009
    Finally starting to find more Carls online. It was a tough matchup at first, because of how rare an encounter was, but I'm finally starting to be able to deal with him. The only character that still gives me trouble is Litchi, because she outranges Jin.

Litchis moves outrange alot of characters but they are very methodical. During a block string its easy enough to predict when to instant block and rush in or when to jump the low staff attack. I think if you can get by her staff then its a done deal.

Oh and fighting Carl. Ive been playing Carl for a little while now. Your mindset when fighting him has to be just careful all the time. He might look all weak and defenseless but if you don't respect what he can do, you will lose, badly. From personal experience he has tough times against Arakune and Rachels and a easy time with Tagers if hes careful.

So I messed around with Arakune earlier and so far, the combos are very douable. I haven't tried anything REALLY fancy but the combos on the dvd are a done deal. I thin will do the same with Nu. Play a few matches with both of them, then decide who to learn in more depth.

StokedUp on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Gamertag(SSF4/MW2)StokedAidzzzSC2 ID Stoked.655
    Uploaded SC2 Replays
  • Options
    Fig-DFig-D Tustin, CA, USRegistered User regular
    edited July 2009
    StokedUp wrote: »

Litchis moves outrange alot of characters but they are very methodical. During a block string its easy enough to predict when to instant block and rush in or when to jump the low staff attack. I think if you can get by her staff then its a done deal.

Oh and fighting Carl. Ive been playing Carl for a little while now. Your mindset when fighting him has to be just careful all the time. He might look all weak and defenseless but if you don't respect what he can do, you will lose, badly. From personal experience he has tough times against Arakune and Rachels and a easy time with Tagers if hes careful.

So I messed around with Arakune earlier and so far, the combos are very douable. I haven't tried anything REALLY fancy but the combos on the dvd are a done deal. I thin will do the same with Nu. Play a few matches with both of them, then decide who to learn in more depth.

Everytime Carl summons his doll and does a back dash to avoid my Spark, God kills a kitten. Just remember that.

Fig-D on
    SteamID - Fig-D :: PSN - Fig-D
  • Options
    StokedUpStokedUp Registered User regular
    edited July 2009
    I've taken a liking to absorbing Tagers spark with Hakumens 6D or j.D counters. No magnetism, no nothing. :D

StokedUp on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Gamertag(SSF4/MW2)StokedAidzzzSC2 ID Stoked.655
    Uploaded SC2 Replays
  • Options
    AntihippyAntihippy Registered User regular
    edited July 2009
    solsovly wrote: »
    Antihippy wrote: »
    I could never understand straight layouts.

Seems like you have to use the little finger instead of the thumb, and the little finger is weak like capitalist pig.

The arcade I go to uses curve layouts for the kof12 cab but it curves to the right so you have to use the little finger instead of the thumb. It's really MADDENING.
    I'm with you, I was using the EX2 with 6 buttons when the game came out. I mapped ABC like LP MP HP and D to FK. When I got the TE stick I tried the straight layout but my mind was so used to the 6 button layout that I switched. Plus it was getting uncomfortable spamming D with my pinky when using Nu.

A-layout as Nu?

Blasphemy.

Proper D-spamming requires B-layout. :lol:

Ans you PS3 bastards (<3) better sign up for the tourney.

Antihippy on
    10454_nujabes2.pngPSN: Antiwhippy
  • Options
    Evil MultifariousEvil Multifarious Registered User regular
    edited July 2009
    So I finally got a goddamn wireless mic and I can talk to people while using my adapter, without resorting to extra accounts and parties and all sorts of hooliganery and tomfoolery and chicanery.

This means I will now be able to hear you when you tell me I am a scrubby bitchpants.

Evil Multifarious on
  • Options
    T-boltT-bolt Registered User regular
    edited July 2009
    Just got back from EB apperntly according to them Blazblue isn't coming out till the end of august.

August.

August.

Seriously? SERIOUSLY

I got this same BS from EB as well. I can pick up my pre-order of KOFXII but no BlazBlue anytime soon. I was going to pick up both, play BB and keep KOF wrapped until I heard if the multiplayer patch made it playable otherwise return it. Now I can't. :(

I'm in Canada, is this true for all stores or just EB? ANyone know? I'm tired of getting screwed over all things fighting game related here.

T-bolt on
  • Options
    edited July 2009
    T-bolt wrote: »

August.

August.

Seriously? SERIOUSLY

I got this same BS from EB as well. I can pick up my pre-order of KOFXII but no BlazBlue anytime soon. I was going to pick up both, play BB and keep KOF wrapped until I heard if the multiplayer patch made it playable otherwise return it. Now I can't. :(

I'm in Canada, is this true for all stores or just EB? ANyone know? I'm tired of getting screwed over all things fighting game related here.

I'm in Canada to so I guess that makes two stores.

Beware fellow lumberjacks you might get screwed :|.

The Cow King on
    icGJy2C.png
  • Options
    edited July 2009
    Sweet. I can haz Jin Air BnB about 50% of the time in Training.

2C > d.c > 5C > j.c > j.B > j.C > j.c > j.C > 214B

:D

Houn on
  • Options
    JubehJubeh Registered User regular
    edited July 2009
    So I know like 20 combos but I still can't play this game.

Need to learn mixups and whatnot.

Jubeh on
  • Options
    maraxus94maraxus94 Registered User regular
    edited July 2009
    Ack, I was planning on picking this up recently, but it sounds like EB is kinda terrible with this. I was thinking of going to Play N Trade (It has to be somewhere I can trade other games in, I can't afford a 50$ hit to the budget). Guess I get to do a hunt tomorrow.

E: Woot! I snagged their last copy! I look forward to seeing you guys raping my carefully laid out strategies.

maraxus94 on
  • Options
    CantidoCantido Registered User regular
    edited July 2009
    Cantido on
    3DS Friendcode 5413-1311-3767
  • Options
    MelonTronMelonTron Registered User regular
    edited July 2009
    After fruitlessly hunting for this game at Bestbuy over the weekend, I managed to find a copy at a nearby Gamestop and picked it up on my lunch break. It was their last copy too. I look forward to losing horribly to each and every one of you. Only then will my training be complete.

MelonTron on
  • Options
    setrajonassetrajonas Registered User regular
    edited July 2009
    sany0006d.jpg

setrajonas on
  • Options
    DragkoniasDragkonias That Guy Who Does Stuff You Know, There. Registered User regular
    edited July 2009
    :^:

Dragkonias on
  • Options
    DebaserZbsDebaserZbs Registered User regular
    edited July 2009
    That is an amazing joystick. I am so damn jealous.

DebaserZbs on
  • Options
    DragkoniasDragkonias That Guy Who Does Stuff You Know, There. Registered User regular
    edited July 2009
    Also, Noel's VA is hot...yet her voice so annoying.

Dragkonias on
  • Options
    edited July 2009
    That stick is great. Though it needs a BEEP BEEP.

Any 360 Lobbies up?

Houn on
  • Options
    edited July 2009
    He should just put a horn on the joystick.

Cool stick though for real.

Jubeh on
  • Options
    Signum Ex SonitusSignum Ex Sonitus Registered User regular
    edited July 2009
    So I want to get started on learning Litchi. Can anyone give me some pointers?

Signum Ex Sonitus on
  • Options
    edited July 2009
    My Jin. Needs some work. Air Combos mean nothing if you can't find an opening.

I need to learn the basics, methinks.

Houn on
  • Options
    edited July 2009

Well, I've found the most important thing is working on pressure. As for Jin's air combo, that opening is best made through freezing your opponent first.
    '

Dragkonias on
  • Options
    edited July 2009
    I fought a hakumen today that was a brick wall. It was incredible fun trying to even land a single hit on him.

Jubeh on
  • Options
    Thor1590Thor1590 Registered User regular
    edited July 2009

No, you need moar ice car. I was the other Jin. You going to be on tomorrow? We could practice that stuff 1 on 1 since we both need to work on that kind of thing.

Thor1590 on
  • Options
    edited July 2009
    Does Jin have any moves as retarded as Ragna's 5b? If so, there's your opening.

Jubeh on
  • Options
    edited July 2009
    Jubeh wrote: »
    Does Jin have any moves as retarded as Ragna's 5b? If so, there's your opening.

Well, that's moreso because Ragna has godly range.

Dragkonias on
  • Options
    KizzmaKizzma Registered User regular
    edited July 2009
    Hey guys, thanks for the games last night (360 Lobby). Also, sorry for seeing me use mostly Ragna, but I
    1)am trying to get better with him and
    2)Noticed people were using their mains, so I decided it was in my best interest to do the same as well.
    Since it's been a little while since I've last played, does anyone who was there notice anything I should of improved on? I love criticism (not flaming), and pointers are great. Also, sorry, but since I don't have a mic right now, I honestly can't hear a WORD you guys have been saying online.

Kizzma on
    Xbox Live Gamertag: KizzmaKailou
  • Options
    blaze_zeroblaze_zero Registered User regular
    edited July 2009
    Kizzma, your pressure game was pretty good. Ragna has stupidly ridiculous priority sometimes and it seems like you take advantage of that well. I think as long as you don't lose site of your goal (don't back off if you're in danger, sometimes that's counter-productive, like against Rachel) you should be fine enough.

I'm still trying to figure out how to improve my Rachel and Tager play.

blaze_zero on
  • Options
    AntihippyAntihippy Registered User regular
    edited July 2009
    Man, tager's hitbox is too huge. :(

Makes it hard against fast pokey characters like noel.

Antihippy on
    10454_nujabes2.pngPSN: Antiwhippy
  • Options
    edited July 2009
    Thor1590 wrote: »

No, you need moar ice car. I was the other Jin. You going to be on tomorrow? We could practice that stuff 1 on 1 since we both need to work on that kind of thing.

Yeah, I'll try to hop on tonight around 7-8pm PDT, assuming it's not OMFGWTFHOT in my living room again. :P

What was your Gamertag? I'll friend you direct.

Houn on
  • Options
    Nick TNick T Registered User regular
    edited July 2009
    So I want to get started on learning Litchi. Can anyone give me some pointers?

Hit me up whenever you see me online, we can do a lobby and I can go over some stuff with you.

Nick T on
    PSN: ConvicNic