As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

Blazblue: Continuum: Shift: Colons - Changes in OP

• Thor1590Thor1590 Registered User regular
    edited July 2009
    Houn wrote: »
    Thor1590 wrote: »
    My Jin. Needs some work. Air Combos mean nothing if you can't find an opening.

I need to learn the basics, methinks.

No, you need moar ice car. I was the other Jin. You going to be on tomorrow? We could practice that stuff 1 on 1 since we both need to work on that kind of thing.

Yeah, I'll try to hop on tonight around 7-8pm PDT, assuming it's not OMFGWTFHOT in my living room again. :P

What was your Gamertag? I'll friend you direct.

Aphrodesizach.

Thor1590 on
  • HounHoun Registered User regular
    edited July 2009
    Friend request sent. I DO love being able to manage my friends list on the web.

Houn on
  • Signum Ex SonitusSignum Ex Sonitus Registered User regular
    edited July 2009
    Nick T wrote: »
    So I want to get started on learning Litchi. Can anyone give me some pointers?

Hit me up whenever you see me online, we can do a lobby and I can go over some stuff with you.

Awesome. Looking forward to it.

Signum Ex Sonitus on
  • BahamutZEROBahamutZERO Registered User regular
    edited July 2009
    that joystick is the best thing ever

BahamutZERO on
    BahamutZERO.gif
  • SkutSkutSkutSkut Registered User regular
    edited July 2009
    New tiers are up (based on musix!)

SS Tier- Bang (Bang install)

S- Ragna
    Tager
    Noel
    Bang
    A- Rachel
    Hakumen
    Taokaka
    Litchi
    B- Arakune
    Nu
    Jin
    Carl

-oh good, this is totp

SkutSkut on
  • CantidoCantido Registered User regular
    edited July 2009
    Taokaka is too high up, Jin is too low. Tao and Carl are the least Metal.

And don't forget matchup songs. Weak Executioner sounds like a MegaMan song, which means bonus Metal points.

Cantido on
    3DS Friendcode 5413-1311-3767
    edited July 2009
    Cantido wrote: »
    Taokaka is too high up, Jin is too low. Tao and Carl are the least Metal.

And don't forget matchup songs. Weak Executioner sounds like a MegaMan song, which means bonus Metal points.

Yeah but Taos is a relaxing change, and I'm not a fan of Jins :P but if you want I'll change em. Match-up songs would require a branch, and Ragnas theme reminds me of a megaman song by itself, can't have him SS tier too.

SkutSkut on
  • MNC DoverMNC Dover Full-time Voice Actor Kirkland, WARegistered User regular
    edited July 2009
    There are so many people here playing BB, but so few signing up for the Penny Arcade BB tournament. What's up with that?

Tournament info found here.

MNC Dover on
    Need a voice actor? Hire me at bengrayVO.com
    Legends of Runeterra: MNCdover #moc
    Switch ID: MNC Dover SW-1154-3107-1051
    Steam ID
    Twitch Page
  • KaseiusKaseius Registered User regular
    edited July 2009
    SkutSkut wrote: »
    New tiers are up (based on musix!)

SS Tier- Bang (Bang install)

S- Ragna
    Tager
    Noel
    Bang
    A- Rachel
    Hakumen
    Taokaka
    Litchi
    B- Arakune
    Nu
    Jin
    Carl

-oh good, this is totp

Carl? Lowest Tier?

I don't think so. It may not be metal, but it's fucking awesome.

Kaseius on
    www.youtube.com/user/kaseius -- Let's Plays
  • StokedUpStokedUp Registered User regular
    edited July 2009
    Weak executioner is the best song by far imo... Are you kidding, you got Susanooh (hakumen) mid music tier? Pfff this list didn't do its research well. :l

Well, im sick as FUCK today, so i took the day off work. Meaning, all im doing is drinking water, eating things I don't puke and soon, playing video games while tweaked on advil.

I'll be on soon, practicing Nu and Arakune to see who I like after Carl and Haku. :D

StokedUp on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Gamertag(SSF4/MW2)StokedAidzzzSC2 ID Stoked.655
    Uploaded SC2 Replays
    edited July 2009
    Jin Love in the Avatar.
    <--

Houn on
  • CantidoCantido Registered User regular
    edited July 2009
    StokedUp wrote: »
    Weak executioner is the best song by far imo... Are you kidding, you got Susanooh (hakumen) mid music tier? Pfff this list didn't do its research well. :l

Well, im sick as FUCK today, so i took the day off work. Meaning, all im doing is drinking water, eating things I don't puke and soon, playing video games while tweaked on advil.

I'll be on soon, practicing Nu and Arakune to see who I like after Carl and Haku. :D

I'm loving Noel's theme the most. Complete with squealing lead guitar.

Now a peeve I have is synth instruments in most games. Of course they've been used since the beginning of video games, but Daisuke has used live violins and such before. But the whole song sounds great here.

Cantido on
    3DS Friendcode 5413-1311-3767
  • DragkoniasDragkonias That Guy Who Does Stuff You Know, There. Registered User regular
    edited July 2009
    Jin Love in the Avatar.
    <--

Haha, good one.

Showed my brother and he said in the next one Jin should have a special that summons a Ice Truck.

Dragkonias on
  • monkeylordmonkeylord Registered User regular
    edited July 2009
    Didn't someone in Canada here order some parts for their SE stick through ExcellentCOM? I got royally raped by the custom fees on my stick (90$ :x) and I would like to know if the custom fees for a stick and some buttons would be as bad. Also, is there an easy way to replace the art...it kind of sucks.

Also, any Tager players have some tips against good Ragnas? It just seems that I can't on the offensive without using most of my resources (barrier, spark bolt, heat gauge).

I might consider signing up for PS3 Blazblue tourney, who else is in?

monkeylord on
    PSN: Devymetal
    Starcraft 2: Dangerbomb (889)
  • StokedUpStokedUp Registered User regular
    edited July 2009
    Bullet Dance is good yeah. After that my pick would be weak executioner, blood pain, Marionnette Purple (yeaaaaah!) then Susanooh.

StokedUp on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Gamertag(SSF4/MW2)StokedAidzzzSC2 ID Stoked.655
    Uploaded SC2 Replays
  • Fig-DFig-D Tustin, CA, USRegistered User regular
    edited July 2009
    monkeylord wrote: »
    Didn't someone in Canada here order some parts for their SE stick through ExcellentCOM? I got royally raped by the custom fees on my stick (90$ :x) and I would like to know if the custom fees for a stick and some buttons would be as bad. Also, is there an easy way to replace the art...it kind of sucks.

Also, any Tager players have some tips against good Ragnas? It just seems that I can't on the offensive without using most of my resources (barrier, spark bolt, heat gauge).

I might consider signing up for PS3 Blazblue tourney, who else is in?

Here's the great thing about Ragna as Tager: you don't need to go on the offensive. He'll come to you. Many Ragna's will use the same string starting with 5A. Perfect Block the first attack and Gigantic Tager (do NOT hold down the button). The invul frames on the GT will save you from whatever the next attack is. If a Ragna comes at you from fullscreen with a 214A (Hell's Fang?), then backdash just before the attack with hit you. Tager has AMAZING invulnerability on his backdash. You can get a throw in right after your backdash and before he tries the follow-up attack. Follow your throw with a combo or your Distortion Drive for MAXIMUM SOVIET DAMAGE. If he's playing keep away then charge up your Spark. This will bait him to you and get you Spark bar. I would reserve D mostly for combos, as Ragnas can punish a missed D attempt from almost anywhere on the screen.

Fig-D on
    SteamID - Fig-D :: PSN - Fig-D
  • The Sneak!The Sneak! Registered User regular
    edited July 2009
    MNC Dover wrote: »
    There are so many people here playing BB, but so few signing up for the Penny Arcade BB tournament. What's up with that?

Because I hate all of you.

The Sneak! on
  • DragkoniasDragkonias That Guy Who Does Stuff You Know, There. Registered User regular
    edited July 2009
    That is so true. I'm always surprised when I don't see Tager players abusing the backdash -> Gigantic Tager. Timed right, that is brutal.

Dragkonias on
    edited July 2009
    Thanks, I'm actually working on performing the backdash -> GT, I'm still having trouble doing dash motions on the stick :lol:

monkeylord on
  • Fig-DFig-D Tustin, CA, USRegistered User regular
    edited July 2009
    I'll do backdash into GT if I've charge my opponent recently, but I usually do backdash into normal throw so I can combo into a guaranteed Dirve. Or if I have Heat I'll normal throw into his DD.

Fig-D on
    SteamID - Fig-D :: PSN - Fig-D
    edited July 2009
    Well if you guys think you can do a musix tier list better then by all means go ahead.

SkutSkut on
    edited July 2009
    SkutSkut wrote: »
    Well if you guys think you can do a musix tier list better then by all means go ahead.

SSS tier: Holy Orders (Powerglove version)

:P

monkeylord on
    edited July 2009
    I'm rather fond of "Under Heaven Destruction (Ragna vs Jin)". Because it's awesome.

Don't you like awesome things?

Houn on
  • CyborgZetaCyborgZeta Registered User regular
    edited July 2009
    I like Lust Sin, Rebellion, Bullet Dance and Susanoo. Not particularly fond of any of the vs themes.

CyborgZeta on
    "Blacker than a moonless night, hotter and more bitter than Hell itself...That is coffee." - Godot
  • KaseiusKaseius Registered User regular
    edited July 2009
    Arrrgghhh. I went up again the Boss Ragna in Arcade.

I almost won, then he grabbed me with his super.

Mother. Fucker.

Kaseius on
    www.youtube.com/user/kaseius -- Let's Plays
    edited July 2009
    Lust Sin and Bullet Storm are :^:

Honestly, there isn't a track I don't like on here. Except the remixes at the end of Disc 2, they do nothing for me.

BTW, someone do a Jin combo video set to "Get Out of My Dreams" by Billy Ocean.

Houn on
  • Ah_PookAh_Pook Registered User regular
    edited July 2009

well if you wait til my ps3 gets fixed i will join all kinds of tournies on the ps3 and get my ass stomped due to being out of practice. if not then i'll have to catch the next round of tourneys :(

Ah_Pook on
  • MNC DoverMNC Dover Full-time Voice Actor Kirkland, WARegistered User regular
    edited July 2009
    Ah_Pook wrote: »

well if you wait til my ps3 gets fixed i will join all kinds of tournies on the ps3 and get my ass stomped due to being out of practice. if not then i'll have to catch the next round of tourneys :(

I haven't decided when to start the tournaments. I'm only taking player names right now. When is the estimated time when your PS3 be fixed?

MNC Dover on
    Need a voice actor? Hire me at bengrayVO.com
    Legends of Runeterra: MNCdover #moc
    Switch ID: MNC Dover SW-1154-3107-1051
    Steam ID
    Twitch Page
    edited July 2009
    well i just mailed it off today so probably 1.5-2 weeks

Ah_Pook on
  • Ratsult2Ratsult2 Registered User regular
    edited July 2009
    Anyone have advice for a Rachel user? The DVD has some really good playstyle advice for the other characters, but didn't seem as in depth with Rachel. At the low levels I am at, everyone is really aggressive, so I spend 99% of the time blocking and trying to get in a 6B counter hit to go into a combo. This doesn't really work against Noel, I can't seem to find a time to counter. Jin users seem to throw an ice sword from far away, then ice car at me. Nu... well... I can't really get any lobelia/wind stuff going, so I spend the whole match trying to get in close. If it's a bad Nu, it is an easy win. If it's a decent Nu, I can't touch them.

Ratsult2 on
    edited July 2009
    Ratsult2 wrote: »
    Anyone have advice for a Rachel user? The DVD has some really good playstyle advice for the other characters, but didn't seem as in depth with Rachel. At the low levels I am at, everyone is really aggressive, so I spend 99% of the time blocking and trying to get in a 6B counter hit to go into a combo. This doesn't really work against Noel, I can't seem to find a time to counter. Jin users seem to throw an ice sword from far away, then ice car at me. Nu... well... I can't really get any lobelia/wind stuff going, so I spend the whole match trying to get in close. If it's a bad Nu, it is an easy win. If it's a decent Nu, I can't touch them.

Lightning Rods.
    George XIII.

(I have no idea, I don't play Rachel.)

Houn on
  • Octopus MelodyOctopus Melody Registered User regular
    edited July 2009
    I'm not very good at Rachel, but try keeping the pumpkin out as much as possible. Use it to protect against players who are being too aggressive. Make 'em scared to dash in, giving you the time to set up your frog and rods. Then rush them down.

Octopus Melody on
  • setrajonassetrajonas Registered User regular
    edited July 2009
    Be sure to abuse her 6A, it's such a godly anti-air.

setrajonas on
  • anilosanilos Registered User regular
    edited July 2009
    Winning matches because someone cannot get out of a Arakune air throw loop is the best.

anilos on
    Blazblue - gamertag - lfailurel
  • BeezelBeezel There was no agreement little morsel..Registered User regular
    edited July 2009
    Beezel on
    PSN: Waybackkidd
    "...only mights and maybes."
  • InquisitorInquisitor Registered User regular
    edited July 2009
    Mike Z is basically my hero.

Inquisitor on
  • Jazz SamuraiJazz Samurai Registered User regular
    edited July 2009
    I bought this today at Best Buy, one copy of the 360 LE just sitting around hanging out at Best Buy. (btw, it is also in stock at Amazon.com)

I have no idea how to do anything in this game, but I decided to learn Litchi and she's pretty fun. I played exactly one ranked match and got completely whooped by someone playing as Tager.

So in tournaments and ranked play, you can't have "easy specials"? I've been spamming the hell out of the right stick in Arcade mode but I don't want to get into a bad habit.

Jazz Samurai on
    yup
  • anilosanilos Registered User regular
    edited July 2009
    Yeah no easy specials in tournies or rank matches. You can shut them off in player matches if you want so don't use them

anilos on
    Blazblue - gamertag - lfailurel
    edited July 2009
    mike z is fucking siiiiiiiiiiiiick, good lord.

Ah_Pook on
  • JesuitsJesuits Registered User regular
    edited July 2009
    easy specials are a crutch, yeah. Don't fly in tourneys.

I'm not really feeling a tournament right now. First I have to get not-terrible as a character. Any character.

Jesuits on
    tf2_sig.png