As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

Blazblue: Continuum: Shift: Colons - Changes in OP

• PunkBoyPunkBoy Thank you! And thank you again! Registered User regular
    edited July 2009
    Any 360 action going on tonight? If so, I'm game.

PunkBoy on
    Steam ID:
    steam_sig.png
    The Linecutters Podcast: Your weekly dose of nerd! Tune in for the live broadcast every Wednesday at 7 PM EST, only at www.non-productive.com!
  • firekiunfirekiun Registered User regular
    edited July 2009
    Ratsult2 wrote: »
    Anyone have advice for a Rachel user? The DVD has some really good playstyle advice for the other characters, but didn't seem as in depth with Rachel. At the low levels I am at, everyone is really aggressive, so I spend 99% of the time blocking and trying to get in a 6B counter hit to go into a combo. This doesn't really work against Noel, I can't seem to find a time to counter. Jin users seem to throw an ice sword from far away, then ice car at me. Nu... well... I can't really get any lobelia/wind stuff going, so I spend the whole match trying to get in close. If it's a bad Nu, it is an easy win. If it's a decent Nu, I can't touch them.

1. Learn and master her B,B,C+D,D combo. Know how to connect it from A and jumping attack.

After the D you should be able to do 236B, 22A or super. If you use the super, you can connect another small air combo.

2. Know how to use wind + 236A B or C, (i.e 236 B+C will travel full screen, cover a lot of area), know how to aim different angle with different wind and power level.

Need to know how to use wind to get alway from corner trap, combo, etc.

3. Always summon that pumkin when you have the chance, its your best projectile, it do small damage, but you can combo off it, it interrupt enemy, it save you from your huge recovery moves. Most importantly, if you dash with wind, it will make your dash in combo a lot safer.

When your in air, and your opponent is not in range for 2C, alway summon that thing, and aim it toward your oppoennt to cover your fall and apply pressure.

4. Rachel is rush down character, her cannon recovery suck, unless its against haku-men, if you don't rush down and apply pressure, you will lose.

5. Learn how to do her small jump 2C+D, its her best overhead, know how to do it in the middle of your combo so you can mix it up between BB (small jump) 2C+D *combo* or BB (s.j) land 2B *combo*. It will be your best mix up.

On a non-related topic, we need more PS3 people for BB online tournment lol, the turn out is really really depressing.

firekiun on
    PSN ID : Kiunch

I play Blazblue, Soul Calibur 4, Street Fighter 4 and soon Tekken 6... yeah... so add me if you want to play any of those.
  • ShivahnShivahn Unaware of her barrel shifter privilege Western coastal temptressRegistered User, Moderator mod
    edited July 2009
    firekiun wrote: »
    Ratsult2 wrote: »
    On a non-related topic, we need more PS3 people for BB online tournment lol, the turn out is really really depressing.

I have a PS3!

Stable internet is another matter. Also, more relevantly, I just ordered the game from bestbuy, and it turns out it's backordered. So yeah. Perhaps I'll see you all in a month.

Most pointless post ever? Perhaps.

Shivahn on
  • SabreMauSabreMau ネトゲしよう 판다리아Registered User regular
    edited July 2009
    I remember email conversations with Mike Z back in the MSHvSF days, back when the primary hangouts for fighting games were alt.games.sf2 and Gouki's Page of Whatever. The Z Solution continues into Tager days over a dozen years later, apparently.

SabreMau on
  • CantidoCantido Registered User regular
    edited July 2009
    monkeylord wrote: »
    SkutSkut wrote: »
    Well if you guys think you can do a musix tier list better then by all means go ahead.

SSS tier: Holy Orders (Powerglove version)

:P

Wow that is good! I raise your a Holy Orders 3 (Guilty Gear Overture.)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HkA86DF-_IA

Is the drummer a a human in BB? The drums sound a little weak in this game. GGX2 had a live drummer and it made a big difference.

Cantido on
    3DS Friendcode 5413-1311-3767
  • DebaserZbsDebaserZbs Registered User regular
    edited July 2009
    So I'm certain that I am not the first one to figure this out, but the trophy/achievement pic just kinda clicked:

Voyeur: Watch 20 player matches
    195163.jpg
    is
    gaijin4koma2_peersblog_1200684608.jpg

Also, I am still having the hardest time fighting Jin as Bang. Even when he spams the ice cab with the same lame combos I always get hit. Ugh. :?

DebaserZbs on
  • CantidoCantido Registered User regular
    edited July 2009
    That's pretty funny. What's the context of the original photo?

Cantido on
    3DS Friendcode 5413-1311-3767
    edited July 2009
    Gah, I can't pull of Noel's Astral Heat, even in training mode. Hate charge moves...

PunkBoy on
    Steam ID:
    steam_sig.png
    The Linecutters Podcast: Your weekly dose of nerd! Tune in for the live broadcast every Wednesday at 7 PM EST, only at www.non-productive.com!
  • LasbrookLasbrook It takes a lot to make a stew When it comes to me and youRegistered User regular
    edited July 2009
    That's because the command's wrong/sucky. Try d+CCC, u+C for her Astral Heat.

Lasbrook on
  • setrajonassetrajonas Registered User regular
    edited July 2009
    Cantido wrote: »

Look up Gaijin 4koma, I believe it was a photo of the IGN Nintendo editors that was spread around when Nintendo first showed off Twilight Princess I think.

setrajonas on
  • DebaserZbsDebaserZbs Registered User regular
    edited July 2009
    setrajonas wrote: »

Look up Gaijin 4koma, I believe it was a photo of the IGN Nintendo editors that was spread around when Nintendo first showed off Twilight Princess I think.

Precisely that. It was part of a long running meme a couple years ago.

DebaserZbs on
  • HounHoun Registered User regular
    edited July 2009
    I'm about to hop into BB 360. I don't see any lobbies up, but if someone starts one, throw me an invite. Thanks!

Houn on
    edited July 2009
    Holy crap, just figured out the whole mistranslation thing. Wow. It's not that hard to pull off now. I'm also down for some 360 action, so send me an invite!

PunkBoy on
    Steam ID:
    steam_sig.png
  • SabreMauSabreMau ネトゲしよう 판다리아Registered User regular
    edited July 2009

One of the guys in the picture explains it.

SabreMau on
  • KaseiusKaseius Registered User regular
    edited July 2009
    So, I'm basically the best at Litchi and I've mastered her combos.

See round 2 for proof.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YzK5TQEFOJs

Kaseius on
    www.youtube.com/user/kaseius -- Let's Plays
  • BeezelBeezel There was no agreement little morsel..Registered User regular
    edited July 2009
    Beezel wrote: »

I forgot: the funny part about this is the guy that Mike Z bad-touched in this vid was the one who won the BB exhibition tourney at EVO and qualified for SBO over there in Japan. Supposedly talked a lot of smack about how there are no NA players on his level, etc. Which is the reason I'm guessing the guy was getting as much hate as he did.

Beezel on
    PSN: Waybackkidd
    "...only mights and maybes."
  • solsovlysolsovly Registered User regular
    edited July 2009
    Anyone up for a couple matches? Send an invite.

solsovly on
  • Ah_PookAh_Pook Registered User regular
    edited July 2009
    Kaseius wrote: »

See round 2 for proof.

haha

did you get hatemail for that godlike, masterful performance?

Ah_Pook on
  • DragkoniasDragkonias That Guy Who Does Stuff You Know, There. Registered User regular
    edited July 2009
    IT'S SCIENCE TIME
    *snip*

I forgot: the funny part about this is the guy that Mike Z bad-touched in this vid was the one who won the BB exhibition tourney at EVO and qualified for SBO over there in Japan. Supposedly talked a lot of smack about how there are no NA players on his level, etc. Which is the reason I'm guessing the guy was getting as much hate as he did.

Oh, I'd felt bad for him first because of dat asswhooping but if he's a jerk...heh.

Dragkonias on
  • KaseiusKaseius Registered User regular
    edited July 2009
    Ah_Pook wrote: »

See round 2 for proof.

[u rl]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YzK5TQEFOJs[/ur l]

haha

Surprisingly, no. I didn't. He must've been blown away at how good I was.

Kaseius on
    www.youtube.com/user/kaseius -- Let's Plays
  • DragkoniasDragkonias That Guy Who Does Stuff You Know, There. Registered User regular
    edited July 2009

See round 2 for proof.

[u rl]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YzK5TQEFOJs[/ur l]

haha

Surprisingly, no. I didn't. He must've been blown away at how good I was.

His fault for not taking those bajillion chances he had to tech.

Dragkonias on
  • JombalayaJombalaya Registered User regular
    edited July 2009
    Sorry if this has been asked before, but how do you defend against throws? As Jin my friend uses his throw which freezes me, which gives him the chance to just walk up and throw me again and again. Nothing seems to work besides the barrier break thing.

Jombalaya on
  • Nick TNick T Registered User regular
    edited July 2009
    Hopping on shortly. Lobby going?

Nick T on
    PSN: ConvicNic
    edited July 2009
    Jombalaya wrote: »
    Sorry if this has been asked before, but how do you defend against throws? As Jin my friend uses his throw which freezes me, which gives him the chance to just walk up and throw me again and again. Nothing seems to work besides the barrier break thing.

left right fast as you freakin' can. Also try to catch when you break out so you can go right into a block. Also, if your friend is repeatedly throwing you after he does it just throw break(throw as soon as you get thrown).

Dragkonias on
  • Ah_PookAh_Pook Registered User regular
    edited July 2009

pressing b+c immediately after they throw you will tech out of the throw. also you can break the ice by wiggling your joystick left and right rapidly.

Ah_Pook on
  • solsovlysolsovly Registered User regular
    edited July 2009
    Anyone up for some matches? Invite me.

solsovly on
  • InquisitorInquisitor Registered User regular
    edited July 2009
    I'll hop on for some 360 games, fair warning though, I'm at a friends and I don't think he has a mic.

Edit: NM, I won't be on for games, whoops.

Inquisitor on
  • firekiunfirekiun Registered User regular
    edited July 2009

pressing b+c immediately after they throw you will tech out of the throw. also you can break the ice by wiggling your joystick left and right rapidly.

Just make sure you block carefully after the shake, otherwise you'll end up eating a bigger combo than not shaking it.

firekiun on
    PSN ID : Kiunch

I play Blazblue, Soul Calibur 4, Street Fighter 4 and soon Tekken 6... yeah... so add me if you want to play any of those.
  • The Cow KingThe Cow King a island Registered User regular
    edited July 2009
    So after my Pay Pal account activates and all that other jumble I will be able to get this off Ebay.

And then wait a week for it to show up.

You ALL better still be playing this IT WILL BE MINE.

The Cow King on
    icGJy2C.png
    edited July 2009
    So after my Pay Pal account activates and all that other jumble I will be able to get this off Ebay.

And then wait a week for it to show up.

You ALL better still be playing this IT WILL BE MINE.

Well, see as Blazblue is one of the few fighting games out that fits both criteria of

a. Having a good netcode
    b. Being fun to play for me

I'll probably be playing for a while.

Dragkonias on
  • setrajonassetrajonas Registered User regular
    edited July 2009
    Dragkonias wrote: »
    IT'S SCIENCE TIME
    *snip*

Oh, I'd felt bad for him first because of dat asswhooping but if he's a jerk...heh.

Uh, he didn't talk smack at all. He said that it's not easy for NA players to have the same amount experience in the game that you can from playing in a JP arcade just on the basis of pure numbers. And he got hate because people are afraid of a nerdy guy being the face of their game.

setrajonas on
    edited July 2009
    IT'S SCIENCE TIME
    *snip*

Uh, he didn't talk smack at all. He said that it's not easy for NA players to have the same amount experience in the game that you can from playing in a JP arcade just on the basis of pure numbers. And he got hate because people are afraid of a nerdy guy being the face of their game.

Oh, I see. While that comment does make him sound a bit weeabooish, I will retract what I said.

Dragkonias on
    edited July 2009
    Still practicing on the 360, still up for some online. Send me an invite!

PunkBoy on
    Steam ID:
    steam_sig.png
  • BeezelBeezel There was no agreement little morsel..Registered User regular
    edited July 2009
    IT'S SCIENCE TIME
    *snip*

Is that what was going on? I know I mentioned it before, but people were making it sound like this guy was going to set the NA blazblue scene back by two years or something.

Beezel on
    PSN: Waybackkidd
    "...only mights and maybes."
  • InquisitorInquisitor Registered User regular
    edited July 2009
    The japanese arcade mindset is really different than the one in America, it's kind of interesting really. The way that a good player in say, VF5 will after trouncing you the first two rounds, make sure to almost kill you but not actually win the next to rounds, and then decimate you the last round. To get the most game time in per quarter, see?

In blazblue related news, christ, I'm having a really hard time follow up Hakumen's 623 AA, with jumping C, landing, Crouching C. Do the jumping C too soon and the crouching C won't combo and do the jumping C too late and it won't combo at all. I'm sure its just a matter of practice.

Inquisitor on
  • Fig-DFig-D Tustin, CA, USRegistered User regular
    edited July 2009
    I was playing KOF all weekend. Tried to play BlazBlue for the first time in more than a week today.

Fuck. Man it was bad. I kept trying to Super Hop, throw using the wrong buttons, and Roll. It was hilarious(ly bad).

Fig-D on
    SteamID - Fig-D :: PSN - Fig-D
  • AntihippyAntihippy Registered User regular
    edited July 2009

Read his explanation.

http://www.dustloop.com/forums/showpost.php?p=412953&postcount=100

Discussion continued on other pages, but he seems like a good guy.

http://www.dustloop.com/forums/showthread.php?t=6615&page=10

Also, my Nu game seems to be deteriorating. I keep trying to experiment with some stupid stuff and eat it hard. :(

And it's not as if mike Z is Random McScrub #5. He's one of the better players in the american scene.

Antihippy on
    10454_nujabes2.pngPSN: Antiwhippy
  • anilosanilos Registered User regular
    edited July 2009

See round 2 for proof.

haha yeah you can do something similar with Arakune, and no one really breaks out of it.

anilos on
    Blazblue - gamertag - lfailurel
  • AntihippyAntihippy Registered User regular
    edited July 2009
    Either the lag is terrible or that guy is way too used to throws in others games.

"Throw reject missed" :lol:

Antihippy on
    10454_nujabes2.pngPSN: Antiwhippy
  • thinkninjathinkninja Registered User regular
    edited July 2009
    PS3 players, feel free to add me. Random matches just aren't doing it for me. I main Rachel and am currently working on her BnBs. I'm looking to improve and have some fun:)

Caveat: I live in Japan, so lag and time zone differences might not work out for some of you. Anybody else in Japan? Lagwise, I've joined random Aussie only rooms before and have not had any serious issues.

thinkninja on
    PSN: hi-fi_famicom