As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

The Comic for July the 29th, 2009

SeriouslySeriously Registered User regular
edited July 2009 in Social Entropy++
20090729.jpg

Seriously on

• LinksvilleLinksville Registered User regular
    edited July 2009
    I could use a shirt.

Linksville on
  • Dr.FunkensteinDr.Funkenstein Registered User regular
    edited July 2009
    Good for you, Srsly

Dr.Funkenstein on
    TERRORSQUADSIG.gif
  • TonkkaTonkka Some one in the club tonight Has stolen my ideas.Registered User regular
    edited July 2009
    I need a shirt.

Tonkka on
    Steam: evilumpire Battle.net: T0NKKA#1588 PS4: T_0_N_N_K_A Twitter Art blog/Portfolio! Twitch?! HEY SATAN Shirts and such
  • FAQFAQ Registered User regular
    edited July 2009
    seriously doesn't fuck around

FAQ on
  • TasteticleTasteticle Registered User regular
    edited July 2009
    I enjoy the fact that is wasn't an outright no from her.

Tasteticle on

Uh-oh I accidentally deleted my signature. Uh-oh!!
  • Volucrisus AedriusVolucrisus Aedrius Registered User regular
    edited July 2009
    A bathtub full of ice sounds like a great way to beat the heat.

He was selling it wrong.

Volucrisus Aedrius on
  • DarkPrimusDarkPrimus Registered User regular
    edited July 2009
    Man, one ice cube to the back of the neck is enough to wake a man from deep slumber to full alertness in an instant.

I don't wanna know what a bathtub full touching all your sensitive bits is gonna end up doing sensory-wise.

DarkPrimus on
  • OlivawOlivaw good name, isn't it? the foot of mt fujiRegistered User regular
    edited July 2009
    I can tell you already there's gonna be a lot of people who don't get this comic

But I do, and it's pretty funny

Olivaw on
    signature-deffo.jpg
    PSN ID : DetectiveOlivaw | TWITTER | STEAM ID | NEVER FORGET
  • MacGuffinMacGuffin Registered User regular
    edited July 2009
    MacGuffin on
  • SeriouslySeriously Registered User regular
    edited July 2009
    Thank you all

This is your moment.

Seriously on
  • the cheatthe cheat Registered User, ClubPA regular
    edited July 2009
    right now jumping naked into a bath full of ice sounds like a fine idea.

the cheat on
    tKfL2Yd.png?1
  • Mojo_JojoMojo_Jojo We are only now beginning to understand the full power and ramifications of sexual intercourse Registered User regular
    edited July 2009
    Olivaw wrote: »
    I can tell you already there's gonna be a lot of people who don't get this comic

Right here. I don't see how ice links to greed. Somebody enlighten me.

Mojo_Jojo on
    Homogeneous distribution of your varieties of amuse-gueule
  • SeriouslySeriously Registered User regular
    edited July 2009
    Greedy people are frequently ice cold.

Also, the imagry is evocative of getting your kidney stolen.

Seriously on
  • ShortyShorty touching the meat Intergalactic Cool CourtRegistered User regular
    edited July 2009
    I was thinking more like it was the preamble to corpse sex, which is basically about as greedy and selfish as hetero sex can get.

Shorty on
  • Panda4YouPanda4You Registered User regular
    edited July 2009
    I saw this in a CSI episode.

Panda4You on
  • SzechuanosaurusSzechuanosaurus Registered User, ClubPA regular
    edited July 2009
    Shorty wrote: »
    I was thinking more like it was the preamble to corpse sex, which is basically about as greedy and selfish as hetero sex can get.

No it isn't. Refusing to have sex with your partner because you are eating a big chocolate cake all by yourself is basically about as greedy and selfish as hetero sex can get. And homo sex too, for that matter. Only then it might be a strawberry gateaux or something, I'm not entirely in tune with homosexual mores.

Szechuanosaurus on
  • Hello WaterfaceHello Waterface Sweet Little Rock 'n' Roller In the timbers of FennarioRegistered User regular
    edited July 2009
    Shouldn't the first speech bubble technically say, "I need you to lie down in this bathtub..."? To place an object somewhere is to "lay (it) down," while placing your own body somewhere is to "lie down."

Hello Waterface on
    Welcome to Miami Beach, ladies and gentlemen. Everything is cheaper than it looks.

Please take my advice.
  • DarkPrimusDarkPrimus Registered User regular
    edited July 2009
    Shouldn't the first speech bubble technically say, "I need you to lie down in this bathtub..."? To place an object somewhere is to "lay (it) down," while placing your own body somewhere is to "lie down."

God, the debate over the proper usage of lay/lie/lain/laid/etc. gives me such a headache.

DarkPrimus on
  • OlivawOlivaw good name, isn't it? the foot of mt fujiRegistered User regular
    edited July 2009
    Mojo_Jojo wrote: »
    Olivaw wrote: »

Right here. I don't see how ice links to greed. Somebody enlighten me.

The objective of the contest is to take a photograph of you doing something greedy in order to win Fabulous Prizes, as far as I know

So Tycho is taking a picture of his wife, who he is pretending to have killed in order to win a shirt

This is the epitome of greed and as such he expects to win

Olivaw on
    signature-deffo.jpg
    PSN ID : DetectiveOlivaw | TWITTER | STEAM ID | NEVER FORGET
  • WrenWren ninja_bird Registered User regular
    edited July 2009

No it isn't. Refusing to have sex with your partner because you are eating a big chocolate cake all by yourself is basically about as greedy and selfish as hetero sex can get. And homo sex too, for that matter. Only then it might be a strawberry gateaux or something, I'm not entirely in tune with homosexual mores.

I don't know about you dude but I'm pretty sure no sex doesn't count as sex. otherwise I'm having a whole bunch of sex right now

Wren on
    tf2sig.jpg
    TF2 - Wren BF3: Wren-fu
  • SlagmireSlagmire Registered User regular
    edited July 2009
    Holy crap - how does her twig-like neck not snap with a melon of such tremendous size and girth?

Slagmire on
  • FugaFuga Registered User regular
    edited July 2009
    not killed, stole the kidney.

Fuga on
  • ShortyShorty touching the meat Intergalactic Cool CourtRegistered User regular
    edited July 2009
    Wren wrote: »

I don't know about you dude but I'm pretty sure no sex doesn't count as sex. otherwise I'm having a whole bunch of sex right now

yes, thank you.

Shorty on
  • NotASenatorNotASenator Registered User regular
    edited July 2009
    This is fantastic.

What a fucking stupid comic con thing.

NotASenator on
  • Lady EriLady Eri Registered User regular
    edited July 2009
    The ice are diamonds.

Lady Eri on
  • KalTorakKalTorak One way or another, they all end up in the Undercity.Registered User regular
    edited July 2009
    Fuga wrote: »
    not killed, stole the kidney.

This - the "bathtub full of ice" is the classic place to leave your comatose, single-kidneyed victim.

Interesting how Tycho didn't have putting a fake scar on her as part of his plan. Maybe she already has a scar and doesn't know about it.

KalTorak on
  • cooljammer00cooljammer00 Hey Small Christmas-Man!Registered User regular
    edited July 2009
    First of all, phenomenon.

Second, Brenna is basically indestructable in the comic world, so she should go for it.

cooljammer00 on
    steam_sig.png

3DS Friend Code: 2165-6448-8348 www.Twitch.TV/cooljammer00
    Battle.Net: JohnDarc#1203 Origin/UPlay: CoolJammer00
  • GRMikeGRMike The Last Best Hope for Humanity The God Pod Registered User regular
    edited July 2009
    Fivehead alert!

GRMike on
  • Indie WinterIndie Winter die Krähe Rudi Hurzlmeier (German, b. 1952)Registered User regular
    edited July 2009
  • DruhimDruhim Registered User, ClubPA regular
    edited July 2009
    Tasteticle wrote: »
    I enjoy the fact that is wasn't an outright no from her.
    oh she's definitely not going to do it
    but she wants to hear his rationale so she can determine how crazy he is

Druhim on
    belruelotterav-1.jpg
  • HunterHunter Chemist with a heart of Au Registered User regular
    edited July 2009
    I wonder if Tycho included things like this in his wedding vows to cover his bases. Something along the line of participating in schemes and hijinks.

Hunter on
  • Skull ManSkull Man RIP KUSU Registered User regular
    edited July 2009
    the things our girls endure

Skull Man on
  • DynagripDynagrip Break me a million hearts HoustonRegistered User, ClubPA regular
    edited July 2009
    Slagmire wrote: »
    Holy crap - how does her twig-like neck not snap with a melon of such tremendous size and girth?

Gabe really changed up her design.

Dynagrip on
  • DJ Cam CamDJ Cam Cam Registered User regular
    edited July 2009
    This made me think about the movie Minority Report.

DJ Cam Cam on
  • RuckusRuckus Registered User regular
    edited July 2009
    DarkPrimus wrote: »

God, the debate over the proper usage of lay/lie/lain/laid/etc. gives me such a headache.

There's a joke about getting laid and irony in there somewhere.

Ruckus on
  • vrstvrst Registered User regular
    edited July 2009
    I can't believe Tycho made a grammatical error with the 'lay down'. It should be 'lie down'.

Grrrr.

edit: oh it already came up.

vrst on
  • ResIpsaLoquiturResIpsaLoquitur Not a grammar nazi, just alt-write. Registered User regular
    edited July 2009
    vrst wrote: »
    I can't believe Tycho made a grammatical error with the 'lay down'. It should be 'lie down'.

Grrrr.

edit: oh it already came up.

Yes it has, so lie the issue to rest, and try getting lain instead.

ResIpsaLoquitur on
    League of Legends: MichaelDominick; Blizzard(NA): MichaelD#11402; Steam ID: MichaelDominick
    PwH4Ipj.jpg
  • RoyceSraphimRoyceSraphim Registered User regular
    edited July 2009
    Now I lay me down to sleep, I pray my torso, the merch won't reep.

RoyceSraphim on
  • The GeekThe Geek Oh-Two Crew, Omeganaut Registered User, ClubPA regular
    edited July 2009
This discussion has been closed.