As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[SR3 OOC] Megacorp Interests

1789101113»

• Options
    piLpiL Registered User regular
    edited July 2009
    I'm remaking the character, but I'm using the same name I used before, because I like it, and never got to use it.

Lesly Gearhardt
    Conceptually, Lesly is a decker with some infiltration skills. As a result of his split focus, he's a master of neither trade, but his experience in both realms often lets him get away with more than he would otherwise. In an extraction, Lesly would prefer to play close to the action, helping with the actual acquisition, or setting up an overwatch position from within the facility itself, splitting off from the main group. In a prototype destruction, asimilar deal although less self required. He has an active skill slot 4, and so will do the research necessary for a run and include whatever technical skills or knowledge skills he deems valuable for the run itself.

A paydata extraction would generally include an outside buzz, and when that doesn't work, he'll have the runners assist getting him inside where he can do his damage. Because he's not completely helpless in the meat world, he can often work off of a distraction set up by his fellows.

As a strength, Lesly works well when plans go awry and he needs to get out of a situation. As a weakness, Lesly's not always the fan of plans. He'll help with whatever preliminary work is necessary, but he'll always be waiting for the cracks in the plan to seep up. If he spots them, he'll often not even patch them in, expecting his own wit and luck to get him out alive. As a second story man, he has a certain flow to his work--both in the matrix and in reality.

He can open doors well enough, and if some obscure skill is needed, he can slot it, but don't go to him to talk you out of a sticky situation or to win a gunfight; he wont do it.

Edit: Another note; generally, Lesly prefers to use his dart pistol when appropriate.

More to come when I know more.

piL on
  • Options
    InfidelInfidel Heretic Registered User regular
    edited July 2009
    DA you slacker where's your character?!?
    j/k <3

Infidel on
    OrokosPA.png
  • Options
    KrataLightbladeKrataLightblade Registered User regular
    edited July 2009
    piL wrote: »
    I'm remaking the character, but I'm using the same name I used before, because I like it, and never got to use it.

Lesly Gearhardt
    Conceptually, Lesly is a decker with some infiltration skills. As a result of his split focus, he's a master of neither trade, but his experience in both realms often lets him get away with more than he would otherwise. In an extraction, Lesly would prefer to play close to the action, helping with the actual acquisition, or setting up an overwatch position from within the facility itself, splitting off from the main group. In a prototype destruction, asimilar deal although less self required. He has an active skill slot 4, and so will do the research necessary for a run and include whatever technical skills or knowledge skills he deems valuable for the run itself.

A paydata extraction would generally include an outside buzz, and when that doesn't work, he'll have the runners assist getting him inside where he can do his damage. Because he's not completely helpless in the meat world, he can often work off of a distraction set up by his fellows.

As a strength, Lesly works well when plans go awry and he needs to get out of a situation. As a weakness, Lesly's not always the fan of plans. He'll help with whatever preliminary work is necessary, but he'll always be waiting for the cracks in the plan to seep up. If he spots them, he'll often not even patch them in, expecting his own wit and luck to get him out alive. As a second story man, he has a certain flow to his work--both in the matrix and in reality.

He can open doors well enough, and if some obscure skill is needed, he can slot it, but don't go to him to talk you out of a sticky situation or to win a gunfight; he wont do it.

Edit: Another note; generally, Lesly prefers to use his dart pistol when appropriate.

More to come when I know more.

I like 'im.

So does Michael.

KrataLightblade on
    LEVEL 50 SWORD JUGGLER/WIZARD!
  • Options
    edited July 2009
    Since the NSRCG tool is really great, but the output is meh, I use my own web templates.

I realized "hey, instead of just using my custom data format to render with, why don't I use the NSRCG xml to fill out the sheet?"

So send me your XML output from NSRCG folks. :^:

Infidel on
    OrokosPA.png
  • Options
    edited July 2009
    I would like to establish the team dynamic a bit before the "first" run, because it's really not the first.

What do people think about me setting the scene with a basic premise for a prior run, and then the rest adlib the successful (or not quite so successful) run?

The kind of team you three compose like I said is a professional discrete one whenever possible. Missions are surgical in precision. You're brought in for a lot of jobs where misdirection is key, you're often not just there to get it done without notice but to make it appear to be another culprit altogether. This doesn't mean you don't have plans fall through and have to improvise. Just that you get the jobs you do because you aren't known for making a mess of things. Kept lean and efficient, just the three of you and you like it that way. Rare that you allow others to tag along, although sometimes the job and pay is too lucrative for your fixer to pass on just because some skrag is forced on you.

Now would be a good time to get the feel for the dynamic I think, if you guys are up for it.

Infidel on
    OrokosPA.png
  • Options
    DevoutlyApatheticDevoutlyApathetic Registered User regular
    edited July 2009
    Apologies on my silence. I just worked 19 and a half hours when I was expecting to work 8. Suffice to say my plan for this evening were somewhat altered.

I respond in the morn-er....afternoon, when I'm conscious.

DevoutlyApathetic on
    Nod. Get treat. PSN: Quippish
  • Options
    edited July 2009
    Nice, how'd you get owned up that badly by work?

Infidel on
    OrokosPA.png
  • Options
    edited July 2009
    Sorry I haven't said a lot in the last day or two. Been caught up with finals... just a couple more days and my first term's over!

I'm still here though, so no worries there.

KrataLightblade on
  • Options
    edited July 2009
    I only just now noticed, Infy, that you actually asked us a QUESTION in yoiur previous post. Oops.

I'm all for the proposed "prelude" bit. It's a good idea, definitely.

KrataLightblade on
  • Options
    edited July 2009
    Yes, some responses would be :^: hehe.

It would basically just be a jam post, a quick short story to kind of set the tone for how your team operates.

So you three have full license over it.

Infidel on
    OrokosPA.png
  • Options
    VerrVerr Registered User regular
    edited July 2009
    More Shadowrun stuff is always good.

I can't believe I just noticed this thread.

Verr on
  • Options
    edited July 2009
    It's been slumbering for nearly 6 months. :lol:

Infidel on
    OrokosPA.png
  • Options
    piLpiL Registered User regular
    edited July 2009
    Infidel wrote: »
    What do people think about me setting the scene with a basic premise for a prior run, and then the rest adlib the successful (or not quite so successful) run?

This sounds like a good way to handle it. I'll have my character to you in an hour or so I think. Finishing up the 20 questions.

piL on
  • Options
    edited July 2009
    Excellent, just need the rest of the XML sheets.

I'd like to get some posting rolling this week if that works for you guys.

Infidel on
    OrokosPA.png
  • Options
    edited July 2009
    Absolutely works for me.

KrataLightblade on
  • Options
    lonelyahavalonelyahava Call me Ahava ~~She/Her~~ Move to New ZealandRegistered User regular
    edited July 2009
    i am no longer loved.

Somebody needs to make an SR game for newbies. Like me.

lonelyahava on
  • Options
    VerrVerr Registered User regular
    edited July 2009
    i am no longer loved.

Somebody needs to make an SR game for newbies. Like me.

Mwahahaha.

Verr on
  • Options
    edited July 2009
    DA, how's it coming? I'm assuming your work is being hit hard.

Going to have the prelude intro post soon, I'd prefer to have finished submissions for characters in when I do that but it's not strictly necessary.

Infidel on
    OrokosPA.png