As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

Goddamnit, here's yer [chat]

1333435363739»

• FeralFeral MEMETICHARIZARD interior crocodile alligator ⇔ ǝɹʇɐǝɥʇ ǝᴉʌoɯ ʇǝloɹʌǝɥɔ ɐ ǝʌᴉɹp ᴉRegistered User regular
    edited July 2009
    I'm one of those people who flips a pillow over because I <3 the cold side of the pillow.

Feral on
    every person who doesn't like an acquired taste always seems to think everyone who likes it is faking it. it should be an official fallacy.

the "no true scotch man" fallacy.
  • VariableVariable Mouth Congress Stroke Me Lady FameRegistered User regular
    edited July 2009
    oh my. I am watching eagle eye... it's on hbo and real time just ended.

5 minutes in and it's just awful. so depressing.

Variable on
    BNet-Vari#1998 | Switch-SW 6960 6688 8388 | Steam | Twitch
  • JacobkoshJacobkosh Gamble a stamp. I can show you how to be a real man!Moderator mod
    edited July 2009
    Variable wrote: »
    I want to agree with that because usually starting around the scene where the woman with pesci compliments the performer and everyone is all disgusted I start to completely hate the characters. But I do like The Godfather plenty, although I don't know how much it's the same thing.

The Godfather is more of its own thing. It's like opera or Shakespeare, with grand themes and drama and plots and betrayals, and it's all done with incredible class and taste. Goodfellas is based on the dude's real-life autobiography and is about mobsters the way they actually are/were, with the dudes being really inarticulate and uneducated and violent and their lives not being epic tragedies but just kind of sordid and disgusting.

The Godfather takes place in beautiful mansions with dark hardwood, smoky sitting rooms adorned with paintings by Caravaggio and everyone wearing crisp dark suits all the time. Goodfellas takes place in crappy Jersey suburbs where the couches are covered in plastic and everyone wears pastels.

Jacobkosh on
    rRwz9.gif
    edited July 2009
    Feral wrote: »
    I'm one of those people who flips a pillow over because I <3 the cold side of the pillow.

way to be

Variable on
  • electricitylikesmeelectricitylikesme Registered User regular
    edited July 2009
    This is fantastic:
    phd040907s.gif

electricitylikesme on
  • GimGim a tall glass of water Registered User regular
    edited July 2009
    I prefer chilled widow.

Gim on
  • IncenjucarIncenjucar VChatter Seattle, WARegistered User regular
    edited July 2009
    I used to soak rags and pillow covers in water and throw them in the freezer.

My immense body heat made quick work of them. And this was back when I was little and had a near buzzcut.

Incenjucar on
    edited July 2009
    jacobkosh wrote: »
    Variable wrote: »
    I want to agree with that because usually starting around the scene where the woman with pesci compliments the performer and everyone is all disgusted I start to completely hate the characters. But I do like The Godfather plenty, although I don't know how much it's the same thing.

The Godfather is more of its own thing. It's like opera or Shakespeare, with grand themes and drama and plots and betrayals, and it's all done with incredible class and taste. Goodfellas is based on the dude's real-life autobiography and is about mobsters the way they actually are/were, with the dudes being really inarticulate and uneducated and violent and their lives not being epic tragedies but just kind of sordid and disgusting.

The Godfather takes place in beautiful mansions with dark hardwood, smoky sitting rooms adorned with paintings by Caravaggio and everyone wearing crisp dark suits all the time. Goodfellas takes place in crappy Jersey suburbs where the couches are covered in plastic and everyone wears pastels.

yeah, I didn't feel like it was the same thing but I figured I should cover my ass in the conversation :P

Variable on
  • JacobkoshJacobkosh Gamble a stamp. I can show you how to be a real man!Moderator mod
    edited July 2009
    It's a pillow with one of those soft icepacks inside so it stays cold.

Holy crap, that's the best idea ever. Move over, Jonas Salk. I'm not even kidding.

Jacobkosh on
    rRwz9.gif
  • FeralFeral MEMETICHARIZARD interior crocodile alligator ⇔ ǝɹʇɐǝɥʇ ǝᴉʌoɯ ʇǝloɹʌǝɥɔ ɐ ǝʌᴉɹp ᴉRegistered User regular
    edited July 2009
    Burning Man Bingo

not entirely safe for work

Feral on
    every person who doesn't like an acquired taste always seems to think everyone who likes it is faking it. it should be an official fallacy.

the "no true scotch man" fallacy.
  • yalborapyalborap Registered User regular
    edited July 2009
    This is fantastic:
    phd040907s.gif

I love that comic.

I saw the guy at Comic-Con, but I was scared to go up, being barely out of high school. It seemed like "Yeah, I graduated high school this year and I love your comic about college!" would be vaguely like saying "Yeah, you're ancient!", so I walked away.

I did meet Stan Bush, though. And shook his hand.

Also: The internet has worn down my ability to question why something was done into a tiny nubbin.

yalborap on
  • _J__J_ Pedant Registered User, __BANNED USERS regular
    edited July 2009

Holy crap, that's the best idea ever. Move over, Jonas Salk. I'm not even kidding.

Pillows with icepacks could change the world forever.

_J_ on
    edited July 2009
    _J_ wrote: »

Pillows with icepacks could change the world forever.

I won't sleep like a baby. I will sleep like whatever a baby thinks sleeps really well.

Jacobkosh on
    rRwz9.gif
    edited July 2009
    Gim wrote: »
    I saw Rachel Maddow say 'Meh' on the Daily Show last night.

God I hate that semi-word.
    Meh.

Gim on
    edited July 2009
    phdcomics is pretty great.

_J_ on
  • DasUberEdwardDasUberEdward Registered User regular
    edited July 2009
    finished the great gatsby. came across this interesting tid-bit. serious spoiler

the man with the owl eyed spectacles.
    owls are considered an omen of death. the owl eyed man got into a car accident outside of gatsby's party. he also claimed that someone else was driving when it happened.

squeeeeeeeeee

DasUberEdward on
    steam_sig.png
    edited July 2009
    Gim wrote:
    I saw Rachel Maddow say 'Meh' on the Daily Show last night.

God I hate that semi-word.
    Meh.

Meh.

_J_ on
    edited July 2009
    finished the great gatsby. came across this interesting tid-bit. serious spoiler

owls are considered an omen of death. the owl eyed man got into a car accident outside of gatsby's party. he also claimed that someone else was driving when it happened.

squeeeeeeeeee

The car accident scene doesn't make much sense.

_J_ on
    edited July 2009
    Italics is the next logical step, I agree.

Italians, on the other hand, are never the next logical step.

Gim on
    edited July 2009
    Italics is the next logical step, I agree.

Italians, on the other hand, are never the next logical step.

Unless they're Italian Ice.

Then they're delicious.

_J_ on
    edited July 2009

squeeeeeeeeee

What do you mean?

DasUberEdward on
    steam_sig.png
    edited July 2009
    I want to go to Burning Man in a way.

in another way I'm terrified.

Variable on
    edited July 2009
    _J_ do you. . .

enjoy literature?

DasUberEdward on
    steam_sig.png
    edited July 2009

squeeeeeeeeee

What do you mean?

It has been a long time since I read it, but if I remember correctly
    It has to do with the woman being hit by the car. If I remember the description of the drive correctly then for her to have been hit by the car she would have to have crossed a lane of traffic to get to the lane in which Daisy would have been driving.

The total trip is from Point A to Point B, and then from Point B back to Point A. On the way from A to B they stop at a gas station and, if I remember correctly, they do not have to cross a lane of traffic to pull into the gas station. On the way back from B to A that would mean that there was a lane of traffic between the lane in which Daisy would have been driving and the gas station.

Again, though, it has been about 7 years since I had this argument. But that is what I remember at the moment.

_J_ on
    edited July 2009
    _J_ do you. . .

enjoy literature?

Define "enjoy".

I read novels and do not begrudge the time spent reading them.

_J_ on
  • ThanatosThanatos Registered User regular
    edited July 2009

Thanatos on
This discussion has been closed.