As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

s1ckh4ndsb4ss & cloudeagle appreciation thread

ArikadoArikado Southern CaliforniaRegistered User regular
edited September 2009 in Games and Technology
cloudeagleRAGE.jpg

BNet: Arikado#1153 | Steam | LoL: Anzen
Arikado on

• DehumanizedDehumanized Registered User regular
    edited July 2009
    I guess I'm moderately interested in the Tap DLC. Will have to see charts to confirm. Though, I am frankly a bit scared at the possibility that I might explode while playing the drum parts.

Dehumanized on
  • cloudeaglecloudeagle Registered User regular
    edited July 2009
    Tap! TAP!!! I'm so happy.

cloudeagle on
    Switch: 3947-4890-9293
  • KetarKetar Come on upstairs we're having a partyRegistered User regular
    edited July 2009
    Pretty pleased to see some quality older Tap. Not sure if I'll go for the entire pack, but there are at least a few must-buys for me. Though my wife my literally kill me if I blare out Big Bottom in her presence.

Ketar on
  • ArtoriaArtoria Registered User regular
    edited July 2009
    while I am looking forward to Beatles Rock back I have a question about RB and GH in general.

why on god's green earth have neither of these game had Paradise City and Stairway to Heaven? getting these songs in the game would be a license to print money. I don't get it.

Artoria on
  • DehumanizedDehumanized Registered User regular
    edited July 2009
    paradise city idk

stairway is a case of led zeppelin being impossible to acquire license rights for

Dehumanized on
    edited July 2009
    Ketar wrote: »
    Pretty pleased to see some quality older Tap. Not sure if I'll go for the entire pack, but there are at least a few must-buys for me. Though my wife my literally kill me if I blare out Big Bottom in her presence.

Screw that. I'm making my fiancee sing that.

cloudeagle on
  • JonBobJonBob Registered User regular
    edited July 2009
    Funky Sex Farm is going to be awesome on the bass, if the Daily Show rendition was an indication.

JonBob on
    jswidget.php?username=JonBob&numitems=10&header=1&text=none&images=small&show=recentplays&imagesonly=1&imagepos=right&inline=1&domains%5B%5D=boardgame&imagewidget=1
  • SporkAndrewSporkAndrew Registered User, ClubPA regular
    edited July 2009
    I wonder if the trills in Tonight I'm Going to Rock you Tonight will be as annoying as they were in GH.

SporkAndrew on
    The one about the fucking space hairdresser and the cowboy. He's got a tinfoil pal and a pedal bin
  • CymoroCymoro Registered User regular
    edited July 2009
    One step closer to having all the GH 1 + 2 songs on Rock Band. I can dig it.

Anyone have a list of what's been moved over so far?

Cymoro on
    i am perpetual, i make the country clean
    edited July 2009
    Cymoro wrote: »
    One step closer to having all the GH 1 + 2 songs on Rock Band. I can dig it.

Anyone have a list of what's been moved over so far?

Someone on Scorehero keeps a list I think. If I recall the total crossover percentage is at 22% or so for the series.

cloudeagle on
  • quovadis13quovadis13 Registered User regular
    edited July 2009
    What Spinal Tap songs should I be interested in??? Educate me

quovadis13 on
    edited July 2009
    quovadis13 wrote: »

Spoken like a man who hasn't seen This is Spinal Tap. It's the first "rockumentary," the first "mockumentary," and an absolutely bloody brilliant send-up of struggling rock bands. Plus the music is fantastic. I urge you and anyone who hasn't seen it to rent it and answer the question for themselves.

cloudeagle on
  • HyperAquaBlastHyperAquaBlast Registered User regular
    edited July 2009
    Damn I just barely found out the you can import RB1 songs into RB2. I haven't wanted RB2 since 90%of RB1 are all songs I love and RB2 had like 20% but such a nicer interface so I always thought I'd be switching back to RB1 to play the songs I liked.

So if I buy RB2 today and pay $5 bucks extra then all I need is RB2 forever right? Also how much space am I looking at getting used up here?

HyperAquaBlast on
    steam_sig.png
  • toolberttoolbert Registered User regular
    edited July 2009
    Wow, Spinal Tap is very surprising. I may have to at least pick up Big Bottom.

toolbert on
  • Santa ClaustrophobiaSanta Claustrophobia Ho Ho Ho Disconnecting from Xbox LIVERegistered User regular
    edited July 2009
    Damn I just barely found out the you can import RB1 songs into RB2. I haven't wanted RB2 since 90%of RB1 are all songs I love and RB2 had like 20% but such a nicer interface so I always thought I'd be switching back to RB1 to play the songs I liked.

So if I buy RB2 today and pay $5 bucks extra then all I need is RB2 forever right? Also how much space am I looking at getting used up here?

The songs, after being copied, take about 1.5GB of space. Once copied, you won't need the RB1 disc unless you delete individual songs (possible only on the 360) or need to export again for whatever reason. I don't think the disc is required if all you would need to replace is the Export License/Key. A working internet connection is required to gain the title update that adds the option to export. The copy process should only take about 20 minutes.

I believe that's all you need to know.

Santa Claustrophobia on
  • Santa ClaustrophobiaSanta Claustrophobia Ho Ho Ho Disconnecting from Xbox LIVERegistered User regular
    edited July 2009
    cloudeagle wrote: »
    quovadis13 wrote: »

Spoken like a man who hasn't seen This is Spinal Tap. It's the first "rockumentary," the first "mockumentary," and an absolutely bloody brilliant send-up of struggling rock bands. Plus the music is fantastic. I urge you and anyone who hasn't seen it to rent it and answer the question for themselves.

Your mileage may vary. This is Spinal Tap is a necessary movie to watch, since it's so 'iconic', but I've never found it to be that funny. The music is only good if you find yourself liking songs done by Michael McKean or Christopher Guest in other movies and TV shows. (Interesting 'fact', at some point all three main members/actors were cast members of Saturday Night Live, but never at the same time...).

And, due to the fact that it's so iconic, may movies and TV shows since have ripped off the concept to varying degrees. If you haven't seen the movie by now, it'll probably feel very, very clichéd. And since it was made in the early eighties, it'll probably also feel very dated. However, a fun game is to identify all the different cameos.

Also, This is Spinal Tap was most assuredly not the first rockumentary. I don't know or care what actually was, but The Decline of Western Civilization was released nearly three years earlier. I'm sure there were others throughout the sixties and seventies.

I get the joke of Spinal Tap, I just never thought it was very funny.

Santa Claustrophobia on
    edited July 2009

The songs, after being copied, take about 1.5GB of space. Once copied, you won't need the RB1 disc unless you delete individual songs (possible only on the 360) or need to export again for whatever reason. I don't think the disc is required if all you would need to replace is the Export License/Key. A working internet connection is required to gain the title update that adds the option to export. The copy process should only take about 20 minutes.

But I wish to know more

HyperAquaBlast on
    steam_sig.png
    edited July 2009

But I wish to know more

For licensing reasons, you can't copy over Run to the Hills, Paranoid or Enter Sandman. Sucks, yeah. But at least you can pay for the original version of Run to the Hills in the music store.

cloudeagle on
    edited July 2009

But I wish to know more

For licensing reasons, you can't copy over Run to the Hills, Paranoid or Enter Sandman. Sucks, yeah. But at least you can pay for the original version of Run to the Hills in the music store.

I figured I forgot something. Other than that, there really isn't a whole lot to know. For five dollars, PS3 and 360 owners can gain an extra 55 songs. Even if you might only like, say, 20 of them, there isn't much in the way of excuses for not doing it. Plus, the 360 allows you to delete individual songs you may not have liked.

Santa Claustrophobia on
    edited July 2009

But I wish to know more

I figured I forgot something. Other than that, there really isn't a whole lot to know. For five dollars, PS3 and 360 owners can gain an extra 55 songs. Even if you might only like, say, 20 of them, there isn't much in the way of excuses for not doing it. Plus, the 360 allows you to delete individual songs you may not have liked.

I think its hilarious that everytime a friend told me to get RB2 my reply was only if you could get the songs from RB1 in there. Apparently my wish came true awhile ago.

If only all my wishes came true. I hate not being a real boy.

HyperAquaBlast on
    steam_sig.png
  • quovadis13quovadis13 Registered User regular
    edited July 2009
    If only all my wishes came true. I hate not being a real boy.

:whistle::whistle:When you wish upon a staaaaaaaaaaar.....:whistle::whistle:

quovadis13 on
    edited July 2009
    Your wish came true about a month before RB2 came out... Have you been living in a cave?
    I sincerely appologise if you had been held hostage and were, in fact, living in a cave...

Santa Claustrophobia on
    edited July 2009
    Apology accepted. Now to find me some point cards that are slightly cheaper then usual.

HyperAquaBlast on
    steam_sig.png
  • NocrenNocren Lt Futz, Back in Action North CarolinaRegistered User regular
    edited July 2009
    Big Bottom!
    Now all we need is Fat-Bottom Girls and I can submit my "Lovin' Large" botb idea.

Nocren on
    newSig.jpg
    edited July 2009
    Were the Wii/PSP tracks mentioned before?
    hmxsean wrote:
    Additional tracks available for Wii (Aug. 4):

Black Sabbath “N.I.B.” *
    Black Sabbath “Sweet Leaf” *
    Black Sabbath “War Pigs” *
    Foo Fighters “Doll”
    Foo Fighters “Enough Space”
    Foo Fighters “February Stars”
    Foo Fighters “Hey, Johnny Park!”
    Foo Fighters “Monkey Wrench”
    Foo Fighters “My Hero”
    Foo Fighters “My Poor Brain”
    Foo Fighters “New Way Home”
    Foo Fighters “See You”
    Foo Fighters “Up in Arms”
    Foo Fighters “Walking After You”
    Foo Fighters “Wind Up”

(* Denotes cover version)

Price:
    $2.00 USD, (200 Wii Points) per track

[...]

Tracks available for Rock Band Unplugged (Aug. 6):

Jane’s Addiction “Had a Dad”
    Styx “Renegade”

Price:
    $1.99, £.99 UK, €1.49 EU per track on the PSP system

** Dates for Rock Band game tracks are tentative and subject to change. **

Santa Claustrophobia on
  • ArikadoArikado Southern CaliforniaRegistered User regular
    edited July 2009
    Yup, I've started to add them to the DLC thing in the OP.

Arikado on
  • NocrenNocren Lt Futz, Back in Action North CarolinaRegistered User regular
    edited July 2009
    Styx on Unplugged, eh?
    I might have to repurchase that one.

Nocren on
    newSig.jpg
  • BlindPsychicBlindPsychic Registered User regular
    edited July 2009
    http://www.vh1.com/video/play.jhtml?id=1617322&vid=422857

Adding these to this thread too in case anyone missed it.

Edit: nevermind, it appears they've deleted their own uploads.

BlindPsychic on
  • EndaroEndaro Registered User regular
    edited July 2009
    So I guess this will be the thread for when B:RB comes out. As such, I respectfully request that Arikado flesh out the section in the OP on the game as we get closer to release. Right now it is at the bottom and gets less coverage than the AC/DC disc.

While I'm on the subject, I also want to say that Arikado has done an amazing job at maintaining what is, in my opinion, the best and most detailed OP on this forum.

Endaro on
    edited July 2009
    Yeah, I plan to just link to the old OP for general info. I'll try to get to it later today, after work.

Arikado on
  • BlindPsychicBlindPsychic Registered User regular
    edited July 2009
    Has anyone been looking at buying a new HDD from ebay? They actually have them for realistic prices instead of the bullshit MSRP that Microsoft sticks on it. I'm just wondering if they're on the level.

BlindPsychic on
    edited July 2009
    I bought a 120gb hd from Amazon for $60 used. Works fine and the previous owner left Hexen on it.

Arikado on
  • EndaroEndaro Registered User regular
    edited July 2009
    Arikado wrote: »
    Yeah, I plan to just link to the old OP for general info. I'll try to get to it later today, after work.

It's no rush, we have over a month. Just didn't know if you intended to flesh it out or not.

Edit: Don't all XBox harddrives come with Hexen on it? I thought it was the default included arcade game.

Endaro on
  • ZaylenzZaylenz Registered User regular
    edited July 2009
    Finally started getting the Pepsi Rock Band bottles near where I work. I'm 1 for 3 so far. Got Shooting Star last night with my free song, it's fun on drums.

Zaylenz on
    edited July 2009
    Endaro wrote: »
    Arikado wrote: »

It's no rush, we have over a month. Just didn't know if you intended to flesh it out or not.

Edit: Don't all XBox harddrives come with Hexen on it? I thought it was the default included arcade game.

They do, but it can be deleted (and it doesn't count as 'already downloaded').

And Arikado, make sure the link to a previous OP is prominent. I did that in the Mass Effect thread and people still miss it. But at least it's there...

Santa Claustrophobia on
  • JC of DIJC of DI I think we're fucked up. I know I am.Registered User regular
    edited July 2009
    Is there another "Shooting Star" available aside the on-disc RB2 song?

Also unfortunately the game that comes with the 360 is Hexic, not Hexen.

JC of DI on
    PJWczLu.png
    edited July 2009
    Probably meant "Shining Star".

Arikado on
  • ZaylenzZaylenz Registered User regular
    edited July 2009
    JC of DI wrote: »
    Is there another "Shooting Star" available aside the on-disc RB2 song?

Also unfortunately the game that comes with the 360 is Hexic, not Hexen.

Sorry, I think I confused you. I got Shining Star by Earth, Wind, & Fire as my free Pepsi song, not Shooting Star as I typed earlier. My mistake.

Zaylenz on
  • KorKor Known to detonate from time to time Registered User regular
    edited July 2009
    So for someone who doesn't recognize Spinal Tap. Are there any of "oh, its that song" songs?

Kor on
    DS Code: 3050-7671-2707
    Pokemon Safari - Sneasel, Pawniard, ????
    edited July 2009
    Kor wrote: »
    So for someone who doesn't recognize Spinal Tap. Are there any of "oh, its that song" songs?

Unless you've seen the movie, probably not.

Watch the movie.

cloudeagle on