As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Fallout Thread: As Paradise falls, so falls Paradise Falls.

• Options
    BlackDoveBlackDove Registered User regular
    edited July 2009
    I'll cap with Zeta.

It was all planned.

And I didn't even know it.

BlackDove on
  • Options
    Eat it You Nasty Pig.Eat it You Nasty Pig. tell homeland security 'we are the bomb'Registered User regular
    edited July 2009
    man I finished lookout, broken steel and anchorage and I'm only like level 26 or something.

I did a fair amount of sidequest and stuff too

Eat it You Nasty Pig. on
    NREqxl5.jpg
    it was the smallest on the list but
    Pluto was a planet and I'll never forget
  • Options
    Eat it You Nasty Pig.Eat it You Nasty Pig. tell homeland security 'we are the bomb'Registered User regular
    edited July 2009
    also, how tough is it to be a melee character? I kinda want to make one

Eat it You Nasty Pig. on
    NREqxl5.jpg
  • Options
    freakish lightfreakish light butterdick jones and his heavenly asshole machineRegistered User regular
    edited July 2009
    Dyscord wrote: »

I found it easier on PC because of the Sprint mod. If you don't have it... ehh, it's probably not that much harder but I couldn't say.

It is incredibly satisfying to split someone's head open with the sledgehammer though.

freakish light on
  • Options
    BlackDoveBlackDove Registered User regular
    edited July 2009
    Pretty tough. You need to get up close with everyone, while most of them will be shooting you while you do that.

BlackDove on
  • Options
    freakish lightfreakish light butterdick jones and his heavenly asshole machineRegistered User regular
    edited July 2009
    I did cheat a couple of times and use the Liberty Rifle, which is a custom energy sniper rifle. After I'd maxed out melee and unarmed I went back and got some small guns/energy use because sometimes getting up close isn't an option.

freakish light on
  • Options
    GraviijaGraviija Registered User regular
    edited July 2009
    Well, Melee and Sneak go hand in hand, really. If you're good with sneaking, melee and unarmed are great.

Also, the stealth suit makes melee completely broken. Well, it makes all combat variations broken, but melee/unarmed especially.

Graviija on
  • Options
    SorensonSorenson Registered User regular
    edited July 2009
    Yeah, melee really ain't that good of a skill to invest into, especially if you've got a mod that removes the damage curve from skill level: it's good for clearing out weaker enemies or taking on single armed opponents to save on ammo, but not much else.

Sorenson on
  • Options
    AxenAxen My avatar is Excalibur. Yes, the sword.Registered User regular
    edited August 2009
    Duffel wrote: »
    What if Gary bit you and turned you into a Gary

You must go on an epic quest to find the fabled cure of the Garys. While a Gary, all of your dialogue options are a variation of "Gary!" until such time as you find the cure.

Actually, Oblivion had a zombie apocalypse mod. In this mod the game would spawn a small hadnfull of zombies somewhere in the world. When these zombies bite another NPC (or even player, but I think it killed you) it would turn that NPC into a zombie as well. You would get regular updates like "Zombie Horde 12", then ten or fifteen mins later "Zombie Horde 62". Coupled with the Open Cities mod it was spectacular.

I do not see why this mod could not be converted to turn the world into Garys.

fake edit- Or Chrysallids for that matter, as long as someone created the creature.

real edit- Everyone should check it the Holsters mod. It adds holsters to the game. Though the holsters were designed for the default weapons, it works well enough with most player made weapons.

Here is a pic of it.
    5870-1-1240609311.jpg

Axen on
    A Capellan's favorite sheath for any blade is your back.
  • Options
    DuffelDuffel jacobkosh Registered User regular
    edited August 2009
    Sorenson wrote: »
    Yeah, melee really ain't that good of a skill to invest into, especially if you've got a mod that removes the damage curve from skill level: it's good for clearing out weaker enemies or taking on single armed opponents to save on ammo, but not much else.
    Unarmed is a much better alternative to melee in my experience, although I don't have the DLC and the Shock Sword/Stealth Armor.

However, Deathclaw Gauntlet makes the game extremely easy and can be obtained very early on in the game if you're careful or lucky. Once I ran into the encounter with the deathclaw and wastelander with the schematic fresh out of disarming the bomb in megaton, and the deathclaw itself was crippled. I just plinked it to death with my 10mm pistol, took its hand, went to the Super-Duper Mart for the other components and whooped ass throughout the rest of the game.

Duffel on
  • Options
    Man in the MistsMan in the Mists Registered User regular
    edited August 2009
    Yeah, there's something nice to be said for punching through power armor as if it isn't even there.

Man in the Mists on
  • Options
    StormwatcherStormwatcher Blegh BlughRegistered User regular
    edited August 2009
    Duffel wrote: »
    Sorenson wrote: »
    Unarmed is a much better alternative to melee in my experience, although I don't have the DLC and the Shock Sword/Stealth Armor.

However, Deathclaw Gauntlet makes the game extremely easy and can be obtained very early on in the game if you're careful or lucky. Once I ran into the encounter with the deathclaw and wastelander with the schematic fresh out of disarming the bomb in megaton, and the deathclaw itself was crippled. I just plinked it to death with my 10mm pistol, took its hand, went to the Super-Duper Mart for the other components and whooped ass throughout the rest of the game.

Something like that happened to me when I started my evil unarmed playthrough. The first time I left Megaton, after doing NO quests at all, I went to the Super Duper to do Moira's first task. And there was the crippled Deathclaw and the dead wastelander. I was so happy.

Stormwatcher on
    Steam: Stormwatcher | PSN: Stormwatcher33 | Switch: 5961-4777-3491
    camo_sig2.png
  • Options
    MadpandaMadpanda suburbs west of chicagoRegistered User regular
    edited August 2009
    Melee is viable, its defiantly more challenging. Explosives and sneak helps. I am speaking from an unmodded no DLC perspective though.

I asked in the last thread but it got lost.

Is there some other source for mods? nexus appears to be having issues. I found most of the main ones mentioned in a fileplanet megapack, but I'd really like the radio/atmosphere ones. Oh and that sexy goddamn cyan UI half the screenshots have.

Madpanda on
    camo_sig2.png
    Steam/PSN/XBL/Minecraft / LoL / - Benevicious | WoW - Duckwood - Rajhek
  • Options
    darunia106darunia106 J-bob in games Death MountainRegistered User regular
    edited August 2009
    So I'm having serious issues with Fallout 3. Occasionally when going into vats, there's a few seconds delay where the screen will freeze before zooming in on the target. But other times, the game will completely freeze my computer. As in the computer completely stops, the last nanosecond of sound keeps repeating non-stop, control alt delete does diddly squat, and the only way to solve it is to hard reboot my computer.

I'm using an nvidia gtx 260 with the latest drivers if that helps. It's getting pretty annoying as it has happened three times today alone. Any suggestions?

EDIT: Never mind, turning off anti-aliasing seemed to have helped

darunia106 on
    pHWHd2G.jpg
  • Options
    Roland_tHTGRoland_tHTG Registered User regular
    edited August 2009
    I'm more or less on my first playthough. I've only played a couple of games like this so I read a bit on it and made two or three 6 or 7 hour runs trying to decide how I would play and settled on a fighting style of mainly sneaking around using the shishkebob with sniper rifle or 44 w/scope for distance. The vats is pretty neat compared to the usual fps I'm used to.

The first and only time I've ran into a deathclaw I was able to sneak up to him and ge a critical shishkebob hit and one slashed him. Two swipes in vats will almost always kill a healthy super mutant and headshots are the same. Not to mention jericho goes crazy with the guns he gets.

This run has me really low on hacking and lockpicking which I enjoyed in one of the other runs, but I'm only exploring with dog meat and jericho doing the occasional side quest so I'll get them up later. Any particularly interesting side quests I should make sure to do?

Roland_tHTG on
  • Options
    UselesswarriorUselesswarrior Registered User regular
    edited August 2009
    Haha, Gary!

Uselesswarrior on
    Hey I made a game, check it out @ http://ifallingrobot.com/. (Or don't, your call)
  • Options
    MorkathMorkath Registered User, __BANNED USERS regular
    edited August 2009
    I'm more or less on my first playthough. I've only played a couple of games like this so I read a bit on it and made two or three 6 or 7 hour runs trying to decide how I would play and settled on a fighting style of mainly sneaking around using the shishkebob with sniper rifle or 44 w/scope for distance. The vats is pretty neat compared to the usual fps I'm used to.

The first and only time I've ran into a deathclaw I was able to sneak up to him and ge a critical shishkebob hit and one slashed him. Two swipes in vats will almost always kill a healthy super mutant and headshots are the same. Not to mention jericho goes crazy with the guns he gets.

This run has me really low on hacking and lockpicking which I enjoyed in one of the other runs, but I'm only exploring with dog meat and jericho doing the occasional side quest so I'll get them up later. Any particularly interesting side quests I should make sure to do?

There's a mountain range up north with a good one, you will know it when you see it.

Morkath on
  • Options
    darunia106darunia106 J-bob in games Death MountainRegistered User regular
    edited August 2009
    So I finally found the oasis.
    Harold... :(

Can't seem to find my way through the caves though.

darunia106 on
    pHWHd2G.jpg
  • Options
    Handsome CostanzaHandsome Costanza Ask me about 8bitdo RIP Iwata-sanRegistered User regular
    edited August 2009
    Haha ohh man Gary.

GARY HAHAAAA.

Handsome Costanza on
    Nintendo Switch friend code: 7305-5583-0420. Add me!
    Resident 8bitdo expert.
    Resident hybrid/flap cover expert.
  • Options
    edited August 2009
    darunia106 wrote: »

I think those are the caves where you have to swim a bit to get under some rocks. Also
    I couldn't decide if I should kill him or use the turboforst stuff on him. I wound up killing him, but I think next time I'll turbocharge him.

Eat it You Nasty Pig. on
    NREqxl5.jpg
  • Options
    yalborapyalborap Registered User regular
    edited August 2009

I think those are the caves where you have to swim a bit to get under some rocks. Also
    I couldn't decide if I should kill him or use the turboforst stuff on him. I wound up killing him, but I think next time I'll turbocharge him.
    I charged him my good run.

My bad run, I took in a flamethrower, walked behind him, and FWOOM!

yalborap on
  • Options
    LookFreeGrenadeLookFreeGrenade Registered User regular
    edited August 2009
    Well, got myself Joolander's Combat Duster, a fedora, and a sweet .44 scopeless magnum called the .44 colt anaconda

anyone who displeases me faces the wrath of Ironic Justice, who will use their money to buy scotch

LookFreeGrenade on
    ormskm.jpg20i89qa.jpg73f2j6.jpg
  • Options
    Zilla360Zilla360 21st Century. |She/Her| Trans* Woman In Aviators Firing A Bazooka. ⚛️Registered User regular
    edited August 2009
    yalborap wrote: »

Destroying his heart probably has the best outcome in terms of rewards though (Barkskin perk).
    I thought the items you could get otherwise were fairly useless.

Zilla360 on
  • Options
    StormwatcherStormwatcher Blegh BlughRegistered User regular
    edited August 2009
    Zilla360 wrote: »
    yalborap wrote: »

Destroying his heart probably has the best outcome in terms of rewards though (Barkskin perk).
    I thought the items you could get otherwise were fairly useless.

the hood is pretty good.

Stormwatcher on
    Steam: Stormwatcher | PSN: Stormwatcher33 | Switch: 5961-4777-3491
    camo_sig2.png
  • Options
    TylerbroorTylerbroor Registered User regular
    edited August 2009

the hood is pretty good.

Also, the
    Bear Charm you get from the little girl is like an extra Speech Bobble. Totally awesome.

Tylerbroor on
  • Options
    JaramrJaramr Registered User regular
    edited August 2009
    Hey, new thread.

Ive started a new game with FWE, using the Chinaman start.

Running around yelling "CAPITALISM IS A LIE" is fun.

Although I do feel that buying Ammunition instead of crafting it or murdering whoever holds it seems to go against the crazy communist chinaman attitude.

Jaramr on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    edited August 2009
    So is there an actual payoff to building up a thriving community in Realtime Settlers, or is the micromanaging just going to make me rip my hair out in frustration after several hours?

Also, when the fuck did the Nexus impliment mandatory registration for ALL downloads? Bad enough the douchebags demand a pointless registration so you can get access to all the good big-name stuff, but demanding it for a pissing 50k download smacks me as them just wanting to piss people off. :x

Sorenson on
  • Options
    Skull2185Skull2185 Registered User regular
    edited August 2009
    Need some help with Broken Steel please
    I'm stuck on "who dares wins". I've fought my way through the tunnels and those damn super ghouls. To proceed I need a fuse to move a train. I've looked all over and cannot find any fuses... where do I locate this?

Skull2185 on
    Everyone has a price. Throw enough gold around and someone will risk disintegration.
  • Options
    TylerbroorTylerbroor Registered User regular
    edited August 2009
    Skull2185 wrote: »
    I'm stuck on "who dares wins". I've fought my way through the tunnels and those damn super ghouls. To proceed I need a fuse to move a train. I've looked all over and cannot find any fuses... where do I locate this?

Look here.

But from memory, I'm pretty sure
    it's on one of the tough bots in the same general area as the fuse box.

Tylerbroor on
  • Options
    Skull2185Skull2185 Registered User regular
    edited August 2009
    Tylerbroor wrote: »
    Skull2185 wrote: »

Look here.

But from memory, I'm pretty sure
    it's on one of the tough bots in the same general area as the fuse box.

Oooooh

You sir, are good people

Skull2185 on
    Everyone has a price. Throw enough gold around and someone will risk disintegration.
  • Options
    UselesswarriorUselesswarrior Registered User regular
    edited August 2009
    So I'm having serious issues with Fallout 3. Occasionally when going into vats, there's a few seconds delay where the screen will freeze before zooming in on the target. But other times, the game will completely freeze my computer. As in the computer completely stops, the last nanosecond of sound keeps repeating non-stop, control alt delete does diddly squat, and the only way to solve it is to hard reboot my computer.

I'm using an nvidia gtx 260 with the latest drivers if that helps. It's getting pretty annoying as it has happened three times today alone. Any suggestions?

EDIT: Never mind, turning off anti-aliasing seemed to have helped

That honestly sounds like your video card or some other component is overheating. That is usually the cause of hard crashes like that. Windows has progressed to the point that most software errors don't bring down the system.

Uselesswarrior on
    Hey I made a game, check it out @ http://ifallingrobot.com/. (Or don't, your call)
  • Options
    Man in the MistsMan in the Mists Registered User regular
    edited August 2009
    Sorenson: Look to Bugmenot, for they will soothe your sanity.

So, I had this idea for a special sniper rifle, but no ability to actually make it in the game (coding-wise). Called the "Black-winged Cupid", this gun's special ability allows you to ignore a target's DR if you score a sneak critical to the torso.

What do you guys think?

Man in the Mists on
  • Options
    edited August 2009
    Axen's Awesome Mod List: Part Deux
    "Brought to you by The Gary Coalition for a Better Gary."

FallOut 3 Overhaul Kit (FOOK)

What the Modder has to say:
    • 120+ NEW(!) Weapons (and many additional ammo types)
    • 80+ new Apparell items
    • 40+ Weapon Retextures
    • 20+ Apparel Retextures
    • 25+ Clutter Retextures
    • ALL new items are fully integrated into the game
    • Increased weapon and armor/outfit diversity throughout the game
    • All factions use now a lot more weapons as well as outfits
    • All vendors offer the new items though most vendors sell only certain items, some are specialiased on assault rifles while others offer rare pistols or other gear
    • Repair lists were totaly reworked, a lot more cross repair options and the ability to repair your gear with various clutter
    • Full rebalance of ALL (new and vanilla) weapons, guns are going to hurt a lot more now, the wasteland is going to be a tougher place
    • Full armor rebalance giving many abilities to all apparell and many other changes to their stats giving all items a real use
    • Completly reworked the leveled lists for NPC factions resulting in a much better mix of weapon use
    • Weapon/armor condition of NPC's increases with the PC lvl making the game more challenging at higher lvl's
    • Weapon and armor condition is now faction specific ie BoS NPC's use feature gear with a better condition than for example mutants
    • Strength of NPC's has been increased in order to get their level and skills closer to the PC
    • Items, especially weapons and ammo, are now more expensive, this goes in line with increased ammo spawns (due to stronger enemies your ammo use is gonna be higher than in vanilla)
    • Big weapon sound overhaul of new and vanilla weapons
    • Full support for the Enclave Commander Mod by J3X (Temporarily removed)

What I say:

First things first, that link goes to Nexus, but the FOOK team does not have their mod up on Nexus, just read the description section and they will have a link to where you can download FOOK at. I also recommend the retexture addon.

FOOK is really, really awesome. It adds an almost mind blowing the number of things to the game. I cannot recommend this any harder!

Fallout Interoperability Program (FOIP)

The Fallout Interoperability Program (FOIP) is a collective effort by a number of modders to improve compatibility between many of Fallout's major mods. This includes developing a more effective and consistent means of providing Compatibility Patches (CP's) to mod users, tracking updates, and sharing information regarding compatibility issues.

What I say:

Okay this is really handy. This is a series of small mods that incites cooperation between certain mods that you might have. If you have FOOK, Weapon Mod Kits, Fallout Wanderers edition or any combination of, then check this out. I insist actually.

Fallout Wanderers Edition (FWE)

Fallout 3 Wanderers Edition (FWE) is a major overhaul mod for Fallout 3 that changes underlying game mechanics and adds new features to the game. The aim of the mod is to improving the challenge, sense of immersion, depth of gameplay, and range of options compared the vanilla game. Generally, you�ll find the wasteland to be a more dynamic but far less forgiving place.

What I say:

FWE is another overhaul mod. Though I recommend this one for its easy of use. Right in game you can determine how hardcore you want your game to be. Do you want to be able to fully heal when you sleep like vanilla or do you want to have to use the triage to heal crippled limbs? You can pick what you want and what level of hardcoritoid. :)

Sharing and Caring Companions

The SCC master file allows you to easily recruit any NPC you can open dialogue with. Recruited companions will follow, sneak and fight alongside you. Sharing and Caring Companions also allows you to trade with your friends and give them simple orders like 'wait' and 'dismiss'.

What I say:

Well, this mod does exactly what the Modder says it does. You can recruit yourself an entire army if you want :P.

Flesh-burning Plasma Weapons

Visually changes the critical kill effect for all plasma weapons. It now burns the flesh from the bones. Works for all humanoids and Feral Ghouls.

What I say:

Pictures speak louder than words.
    Combat Dusters

Adds 12 new beaten up dusters to the Capitol Wasteland (6 male, 6 female). They use Col. Autumn's Uniform mesh as a base but are completely new items and do not replace anything.

They have the same "enchantments" as Lucas Simms' duster.

This outfit is for both male and female characters.

What I say:

This mod is actually brought to us by our very own Joolander. While there are many Col. Autumn duster mods, this one comes with that PA freshness you've come to trust. :)

Project Beauty

This mod doesn't use any makeup mods. It doesn't use any hair mods. It doesn't use any "anime mods"

All of this is done by GECK. No eye mods. No hair mods. No race mods. You'll notice that the largest file here is the PDF that explains how to install the files itself.

My attempts were to make the characters in the game to have a more natural and realistic appearance.

What I say:

Indeed. This mod is not a retexture mod at all. It just tries to make the people of the wastes not look freakish. (Unless of course they are meant to be freakish :D). The number of NPCs this Modder has "fixed up" is crazy. NOTE- If you are using the Wasteland Names mod be sure to load it last otherwise this mod will fuck it up.
    6341-1-1242546724.JPG

Tailor Maid

This is a mod that enables you to equip extra armor and accessories to enhance the appearance of any other armor or outfit.

It began as a humble shoulderpad mod, hence the original title and the abbreviation throughout (spad).
    I have since then incorporated many more accessories, please read the equipment listings.
    Due to the limited attachment points available, clipping issues and simple aesthetics,
    only a certain number of accessories may be worn at once, please mix and match the pieces until you find a cool combination.

What I say:

This mod is totally awesome for those of us who like to customize the look of our characters (or companions for that matter). This mod breaks down many clothing / armor items into various components (shoulder pads, gloves, boots, belts, etc.) and allows you to equip them individually. Very, very cool.

Merc Caps

Adds some news caps buyable at Moira Shop.
    Made using the Roving Trader Hat.
    Same stats as the Ranger Helm for combat purpose.

What I say:

Okay the Modder didn't say much, anyway, you know that really cool baseball cap that comes with the goggles that is a part of an outfit? Ever wanted that cap by itself? Well now you can and in several colors too!

Holsters

Adds 6 holsters to the mailbox in springvale, the small one between the car and house which always has a copy of pugilism illustrated.

What I say:

It adds mother fucking holsters! What more ya want?! Okay, it also adds holsters to many NPCs as well. The holsters themselves seem to have been designed for the default weapons and may not work so well with all the user made weapons that I am sure you are all running around with. It has been my experience that the holsters work well enough with most of the use made weapons.

Upgraded Caravan Merchants (UMC)

Merchant changes:
    Each time you invest in a merchant, his gear will improve, giving him an actual fighting chance out there in the wasteland. Their original outfits have also been changed, and I tried to keep their choice of weapons and armor realistic. In other words, I didn't make them all run around in power armor and missile launchers.
    After the second investment (500 caps) in a merchant, an extra brahmin gets added (to carry all of the new stock thanks to your investments).

Guard changes:
    All original guards have been removed. By default, each merchant has now two guards. A 200 cap investment will add an extra guard and upgrade the first guards' equipment (when possible). A 500 cap investment will again add another guard (a total of four guards) and upgrade the other guards' equipment (again, when possible).

What I say:

Another neat mod. This one makes it so, like the Modder says, each time you invest in a merchant not only does their stock increase, but their caravan becomes better. More Brahmin, more guards, better equipped. It also comes with an "immortal" version. If you have MMM and/or other mods that make the wastes truly unforgiving then I would go with the "immortal" version. . . though that does seem to defeat the purpose of the mod :P.

Caravan Tracking

Displays on your pip-boy where the four travelling caravans are.

What I say:

What else can I say? Ever wish you could tell where a certain caravan was? Well now you can! The option is in your QUEST tab, it should say -caravan tracking-.

Real Time Settler (RTS)

Real Time Settler is a RTS featured mod. Find a strategic location, start your village, establish trade routes and alliences, and fight for your freedom!

What I say:

Okay, this mod is truly spectacular! You get to start you own village, recruit villagers, assign tasks and jobs, build buildings, furniture, items. The works people, the works! Check out the pics and video sections. Amazing stuff.

I also recommend you download the RTS Increased Range Limit to go along with RTS. This mod simply increases the buildable range of your village to something less cramped.

Combat Armor Texture Set

This mod is a simple compilation of different cool Combat Armor retextures I've found. The only reskin I did myself was the Talon Company Armor, the other armors were reskinned by others in the Fallout community, but I forgot who they were otherwise I would've given them credit. This mod does not change anything about Combat Armors except for the look.

What I say:

Normally I don't care to post retexture mods, mainly because most kinda suck, but also because everyone has their own idea on what is cool. Well this one is my idea of what is cool :P. Check out the line up!
    6622-4-1243185898.JPG

As always feel free to add this to the already large list in the OP.

Axen on
  • Options
    edited August 2009
    I knew I should have reserved the third post.

Hey, Buttcleft! Don't you have it?

freakish light on
  • Options
    ButtcleftButtcleft Registered User regular
    edited August 2009
    I knew I should have reserved the third post.

Hey, Buttcleft! Don't you have it?

I added it to my post because I'm such a swell and awesome guy

Buttcleft on
  • Options
    edited August 2009
    Thanks.

That village building mod is nuts. Gotta try that one out.

freakish light on
  • Options
    JaramrJaramr Registered User regular
    edited August 2009
    Every time I attempt a village, Raiders come and destroy EVERYTHING within a few days

I think its because I am the only one with a gun and im using FWE, so all the guns have crazy accuracy and damage.

Jaramr on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    edited August 2009
    Jaramr wrote: »
    Every time I attempt a village, Raiders come and destroy EVERYTHING within a few days

I think its because I am the only one with a gun and im using FWE, so all the guns have crazy accuracy and damage.

I am in the same boat, luckily with Caring and Sharing you can set your villagers to Essential. Cheating I know, but damn with FWE and MMM and FOOK there is just no way a half dozen villagers with maybe a BB gun or two between them is going to hold off a dozen+ Raiders armed to the teeth.

I have, however, taken measure to build shelters on top of existing buildings giving my villagers, at the very least, a strategic defense.

My current villager line up goes like this: 1 Builder, 1 Craftsmen, 4 Searchers.

edit- Sadly I did not think to set my villagers to Essential until after the first raid. I am now paying tribute to the Raiders to keep them off my back. :(

Axen on
  • Options
    edited August 2009
    Sorenson: Look to Bugmenot, for they will soothe your sanity.

So, I had this idea for a special sniper rifle, but no ability to actually make it in the game (coding-wise). Called the "Black-winged Cupid", this gun's special ability allows you to ignore a target's DR if you score a sneak critical to the torso.

What do you guys think?
    Don't critical hits already ignore DR? Ergo, rather pointless.

Question: is there any way to disable the skeletons and everlast goo/ash piles that crop up when using FOOK? I love me some plasma, but hate having those things sitting around forever and ever and ever.

EDIT: You know, I know Fallout's a rather US-centric franchise and all that, but I'm surprised that nobody seems to have done any Shin Megami Tensei stuff for it yet. I would love to encounter Frost Jacks and shit in the wild (and mutilate them in humorous ways).

Sorenson on
  • Options
    DuffelDuffel jacobkosh Registered User regular
    edited August 2009
    I've always thought a full-game overhaul mod with Battle Royale as its inspiration could be awesome.

You've already got the bomb collars and enough customization options to round out the students. So pick a student, get assigned a random weapon and try to survive/escape however you see fit. If you get the smart kid you can use Repair and Science to escape; popular/charismatic kids can use Speech to recruit a few allies; combat-heavy kids actually try to play the game the way it's meant to be played (with obvious losses to karma).

Duffel on