As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

THE GRANDEST MONU[CHAT] TO METALBOURNE'S EGO

1565758596062»

• bombardierbombardier Moderator mod
    edited August 2009
    Uncle Long wrote: »
    I'm so tired. I went hunting today, which, seeing as how I have brought no delicious deer meat back with me, means I went on a really long hike carrying a gun. I did get to see how a traverse of three mountain peaks over to a connecting ridge system worked though. I guess I came back home with knowledge.

And pruny feet from sweat and rubber boats and rain forest.

I need to come hang out with you and do Alaskan things some time.

bombardier on
  • ManonvonSuperockManonvonSuperock Registered User regular
    edited August 2009
    I re-arranged my entire room. I have so much more space now.

Fuck. I love doing this.

Last time I did it, we did our entire apartment, measuring the rooms and furniture and using illustrator to try out different layouts and see what would or wouldn't fit.
    I had a friend move to a new apartment recently, and we did the same with her.

ManonvonSuperock on
  • rtsrts Registered User regular
    edited August 2009
    Actually I just rearranged my room as well. And am considering doing it even further to create more space for myself to paint. I just don't know if I like the idea of my dresser being inside of my closet...or even know if its possible to get it in there honestly.

rts on
  • NightDragonNightDragon 6th Grade Username Registered User regular
    edited August 2009
    r-jasper wrote: »
    how would you guys sell crocodile meat to vegetarians?

Tell them it tastes just like chicken.

Frog meat is actually very convincing chicken, both in texture and taste.

I've heard (snake?)(crocodile?) meat tastes kind of like fish and chicken mixed together. Blegh.

I'd still try it.

I'm not a vegetarian, though.

NightDragon's Helpful Post #386

NightDragon on
    edited August 2009
    If the you have that much more drawer-clothes than hanging clothes, I don't see what'd be so bad about it.

I thought you had a bigass house and shit?

e: croc and frog are both similar. They have the chewiness of chicken, but are flaky like fish I would say.

ManonvonSuperock on
  • TamTam Registered User regular
    edited August 2009
    r-jasper wrote: »
    how would you guys sell crocodile meat to vegetarians?

say it's jackfruit

Tam on
  • Uncle LongUncle Long Registered User regular
    edited August 2009
    bombardier wrote: »
    I'm so tired. I went hunting today, which, seeing as how I have brought no delicious deer meat back with me, means I went on a really long hike carrying a gun. I did get to see how a traverse of three mountain peaks over to a connecting ridge system worked though. I guess I came back home with knowledge.

Sure, come on out. I've got one more mountain to climb while I'm on this island and it'd be good to have some company. It's not the highest peak on the island, but it is one of the toughest climbs from what I hear. If you're coming you'd better hop a plane soon. I think I'll be getting out of the state in October of November. That and cold weather is usually accompanied by cold rain and then cold snow on late alpine excursions.

Uncle Long on
    edited August 2009
    If the you have that much more drawer-clothes than hanging clothes, I don't see what'd be so bad about it.

I thought you had a bigass house and shit?

Actually I mostly hang my clothes, though there would still be plenty of room for that in my closet if I put the dresser in there. I mostly don't want to do it because I think its the nicest looking piece of furniture in the house. I guess that doesn't really matter since nobody really sees it.

Also my (town)house is only 1100 square feet. Its not that bad for the area especially for someone my age but it certainly isn't big.

rts on
    edited August 2009
    Yeah, a townhouse is what we're sporting. but in Mississippi, I'm sure it's much less of a point of esteem.

E'rrbody should post pics of their living quarters, how they keep their shit arranged and decorated.

ManonvonSuperock on
    edited August 2009
    I did this in my thread a bit ago if you didn't see it.

Though you only see the downstairs and you don't get a direct view of the TV.

rts on
    edited August 2009
    yeah, that's why I thought you had a huge fucking place. that shit looks like a big '50s Martini-mom newlywed household. I'd expect it to have a picket fence and for you to drive an old-ass car to the plant to work on menial parts of cold-war era weapons technology.

ManonvonSuperock on
  • D-RobeD-Robe Registered User regular
    edited August 2009
    That would be convenient. I just don't have the time to spend traditionally stalking all of you like I used to.

D-Robe on
    Cheese.
  • bombardierbombardier Moderator mod
    edited August 2009

Sure, come on out. I've got one more mountain to climb while I'm on this island and it'd be good to have some company. It's not the highest peak on the island, but it is one of the toughest climbs from what I hear. If you're coming you'd better hop a plane soon. I think I'll be getting out of the state in October of November. That and cold weather is usually accompanied by cold rain and then cold snow on late alpine excursions.

Ah, I wouldn't be able to come that soon. All my time off available is currently devoted to going to Alberta and Ontario. I don't think I'll have time off until Aprilish.

bombardier on
  • srsizzysrsizzy Registered User regular
    edited August 2009
    cakemikz wrote: »

Uh, are these all prints, or originals? If the latter, did you just buy them all directly from the artists?

srsizzy on
    BRO LET ME GET REAL WITH YOU AND SAY THAT MY FINGERS ARE PREPPED AND HOT LIKE THE SURFACE OF THE SUN TO BRING RADICAL BEATS SO SMOOTH THE SHIT WILL BE MEDICINAL-GRADE TRIPNASTY MAKING ALL BRAINWAVES ROLL ON THE SURFACE OF A BALLS-FEISTY NEURAL RAINBOW CRACKA-LACKIN' YOUR PERCEPTION OF THE HERE-NOW SPACE-TIME SITUATION THAT ALL OF LIFE BE JAMMED UP IN THROUGH THE UNIVERSAL FLOW BEATS
    edited August 2009
    srsizzy wrote: »

Uh, are these all prints, or originals? If the latter, did you just buy them all directly from the artists?

Originals, and yes I bought all of them directly from the artist with two exceptions. The first being the Lipking which I picked up at the Arcadia Gallery in New York while I was there a couple of years ago, and the second being the Gregory Manchess I just recently won in the Microvisions auction put on by Irene Gallo and the Society of Illustrators.

rts on
    edited August 2009
    I have so little material wealth it is probably laughable to most.

I could probably move my entire existence across the country by shipping two medium-sized boxes, and stuffing everything else into my little car.

I am so portable. :3

Actually, having a lot of material things (mostly furniture and such) would worry me a bit, just because I see it being such a clusterfuck if I have to move (which I imagine I'll have to do frequently in my life). I can't imagine living in the same location for 30 years. I'll probably never own a house, and I'm okay with that. If I can rent a large apartment or a house somewhere down the line, that's a-okay.

NightDragon on
    edited August 2009
    Yeah thats definitely a good thing. Having a lot of shit is obnoxious but I also like having a cool place for people to come and hangout.

rts on
  • MustangMustang Arbiter of Unpopular Opinions Registered User regular
    edited August 2009
    I don't have a problem at all with being immobile, on the proviso that you love where you are. I just want to get a place by some water (so I can do some kayaking) with lots of trees and be able to work from home.

Mustang on
  • lyriumlyrium Registered User regular
    edited August 2009
    Was that an invitation for us to all come and hang out in your house, Cake?

lyrium on
    edited August 2009
    That is also cool. Each has its own perks, for sure.

I've actually been wondering - is it a better idea to get really nice, more-expensive furniture, and then have to schlep it around when you move......or just have really cheap furniture that you can buy/sell for cheap when you move in/out? I'd guess this question would also fit in with knowing how often you'd be moving. I'll probably hold out on buying anything major until my living situation is more stable, and I have something called a real job.
    Mustang wrote: »
    I don't have a problem at all with being immobile, on the proviso that you love where you are. I just want to get a place by some water (so I can do some kayaking) with lots of trees and be able to work from home.

I fucking love the Northeast. Winters here suck, though.

But! Spring and summer and fall are all super-fantastic. You should live in the Northeast. On the shoreline, of course. It's not expensive at all unless you want to be within 50 feet of the water. There are definitely affordable places all over.

NightDragon on
    edited August 2009
    Lyrium - Yes. See ya soon.

rts on
    edited August 2009
    North east is definately where i'd be if I were in North America, either that or Nova Scotia (which is kinda the same thing anyway). I fucking hate the summers in Australia and I'd love to live somewhere that's cool and really green and not 4 billion degrees and generally brown. Seriously browns and reds get really depressing, and they dominate everything here.

Mustang on
  • lyriumlyrium Registered User regular
    edited August 2009
    I only want to pet the Newfie.

Personally I'm probably about as portable as ND concerning amount of stuff, but far less portable than ND as far as having a car...

lyrium on
  • Uncle LongUncle Long Registered User regular
    edited August 2009

Ah, I wouldn't be able to come that soon. All my time off available is currently devoted to going to Alberta and Ontario. I don't think I'll have time off until Aprilish.

Ah, well shoot. I'm definitely (hopefully) not sticking around that long. Remote islands are all well and good, but I'd like to get out of the stone age as soon as possible. It's expensive coming up here, too. I'm hoping to land a job somewhere in Washington or Oregon, though, so I should have some XTREME hiking and backpacking destinations in the future (I hope). I hope Alaska hasn't ruined me for other places.

ND : Yeah, I'm really a minimalist at heart. Everything I own fits in my Honda. I'm actually selling stuff that I've either purchased while here or that I just plain ol' don't use right now in preparation for my move to wherever else. I wouldn't mind putting down roots somewhere but, seeing as how I don't have any intentions of doing that here, I'm glad that moving will only be of a more minor inconvenience than it could be.

Uncle Long on
    edited August 2009
    I'd be a lot more portable if I didn't have this huge PC to lug around, and edging on 50+ books. but I'm a kid in college, so not being portable doesn't really matter.

I can't imagine at what point I'd be in a pretty situated position. the work I'm looking at after school (film) means not really staying in one place.

srsizzy on
    BRO LET ME GET REAL WITH YOU AND SAY THAT MY FINGERS ARE PREPPED AND HOT LIKE THE SURFACE OF THE SUN TO BRING RADICAL BEATS SO SMOOTH THE SHIT WILL BE MEDICINAL-GRADE TRIPNASTY MAKING ALL BRAINWAVES ROLL ON THE SURFACE OF A BALLS-FEISTY NEURAL RAINBOW CRACKA-LACKIN' YOUR PERCEPTION OF THE HERE-NOW SPACE-TIME SITUATION THAT ALL OF LIFE BE JAMMED UP IN THROUGH THE UNIVERSAL FLOW BEATS
    edited August 2009
    lyrium wrote: »
    I only want to pet the Newfie.

He would reward you with a quart of drool. And speaking of which I am going to walk him down to the Watts Atelier sketch night so he can ruin those people's clothes.

rts on
  • FantasyrogueFantasyrogue Registered User regular
    edited August 2009
    Your art collection makes me jealous Cake, I wish I had that many pieces. Well, maybe with time and more money. I'd love to own some originals.

I wish I could move right now, I live in a tiny ass apartment and I want out. Badly. I haven't used actual paints in way too long, nor applied any knowledge of clays outside of classes, due to a severe lack of space. It's stifling. I'm not much for being super portable. I just want a place to settle down in.

Fantasyrogue on
    edited August 2009
    I have no doubt in my mind now that George Lucas is actively trying to dismantle his Intellectual Property to the point where it is worth less than a half eaten burrito.
    The Abomination in Concert

Mustang on
    edited August 2009
    And I return. Bacon even managed to get Franklin to wear his hat for a very short period of time.

rts on
    edited August 2009
    ugh, this copycat contest is too much for me. my methods of drawing are too slow and meticulous to copy anyone around here. if I draw quickly, I end up with something I don't like because it's not good enough, and I can't imitate confident quick lines.

fuck it.

srsizzy on
  • SonicSonic Absentee Landlord Registered User regular
    edited August 2009
    I have so little material wealth it is probably laughable to most.

I could probably move my entire existence across the country by shipping two medium-sized boxes, and stuffing everything else into my little car.
    That's the way it should be :) Most people have way too much useless crap.

Sonic on
    edited August 2009
    Don't talk about my crap that way. My crap defines me, which is why I need more....MOOOOAAAARR!!!

Mustang on
  • NappuccinoNappuccino Surveyor of Things and Stuff Registered User regular
    edited August 2009
    I hear if you burn your crap, you can make electricity. Power shortage solved.

Nappuccino on
    Like to write? Want to get e-published? Give us a look-see at http://wednesdaynightwrites.com/
    Rorus Raz wrote: »
    There's also the possibility you just can't really grow a bear like other guys.

Not even BEAR vaginas can defeat me!
    And then I rub actual cake on myself.
    Loomdun wrote: »
    thats why you have chest helmets
  • GrifterGrifter BermudaModerator mod
    edited August 2009
    So, after a very nice four day weekend, I have my boat in a place that I can use it. I've spent three out of four days out on boats of some shape or form. I've gotten a bit of a sunburn that should tan up nicely.

All in all, I've had a great weekend. Hope that everyone else is doing well too!

Grifter on
  • NappuccinoNappuccino Surveyor of Things and Stuff Registered User regular
    edited August 2009
    Grifter wrote: »
    So, after a very nice four day weekend, I have my boat in a place that I can use it. I've spent three out of four days out on boats of some shape or form. I've gotten a bit of a sunburn that should tan up nicely.

All in all, I've had a great weekend. Hope that everyone else is doing well too!

Glad to hear you're doing well grifter, sounds like an awesome 4 day weekend.

edit: wait, new thread time, yes?

Nappuccino on
    Like to write? Want to get e-published? Give us a look-see at http://wednesdaynightwrites.com/
    Rorus Raz wrote: »
    There's also the possibility you just can't really grow a bear like other guys.

Not even BEAR vaginas can defeat me!
    And then I rub actual cake on myself.
    Loomdun wrote: »
    thats why you have chest helmets
    edited August 2009
    My weekend sucked, I hate you.

rts on
This discussion has been closed.