As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[PRIME] PAX not sold out (Yet)

Robert KhooRobert Khoo Registered User, ClubPA staff
edited August 2009 in PAX Archive
There were some reports this morning of people trying to register but getting a "sold out" message. The number of badges was set incorrectly in the system. We still have about 2500 badges left!

Some guy.
Robert Khoo on

• tr0tskytr0tsky Registered User regular
    edited July 2009
    There were some reports this morning of people trying to register but getting a "sold out" message. The number of badges was set incorrectly in the system. We still have about 2500 badges left!

PAX selling out seems so bizarre...although having room to breathe is always a bonus.

tr0tsky on
  • LTAcostaLTAcosta Boston, MARegistered User regular
    edited July 2009
    What is the ticket cap this year?

LTAcosta on
    AN9buWz.png
  • Robert KhooRobert Khoo Registered User, ClubPA staff
    edited July 2009
    I believe our building cap for this year is approx. 75k

Robert Khoo on
    Some guy.
  • RabidBadgerRabidBadger Registered User new member
    edited July 2009
    Is there any way to cancel ticket orders? I searched the faqs but couldn't find anything. The other 3 friends I'm attending with snagged the 3 day tickets this morning, then when I went I got the "sold out" message. I didn't want either of the single day Sat or Sun tickets to sell out so I grabbed one of each of those. Then these 2500 hit and I bought one as to not be very bored on Friday.

edit: got it sorted out, thanks!

RabidBadger on
  • ColdbrewColdbrew Down in Front Productions Lake Stevens, WARegistered User regular
    edited July 2009
    I believe our building cap for this year is approx. 75k

So does that mean there's already been over 70k tickets sold? Because that would be insane...

Anyway the info is good to know, I got a couple friends that haven't registered yet, and I just registered about half an hour ago. :P

Coldbrew on
    NSw0gum.png
  • SovietMudkipzSovietMudkipz Registered User regular
    edited July 2009
    tr0tsky wrote: »

PAX selling out seems so bizarre...although having room to breathe is always a bonus.
    It's going to be nice to rub elbows only with those who track things like this rather than the people from Seattle who just casually decided to go.

As well as less Wii-centric non-gamers.

SovietMudkipz on
    camo_sig.png
  • ArcoArco Registered User regular
    edited July 2009

It's going to be nice to rub elbows only with those who track things like this rather than the people from Seattle who just casually decided to go.

Yeah. People coming to PAX who aren't already hardc0re g4mers is bullshit. If somebody came into PAX not liking games and left liking them, I'd be pretty pissed.

And who the fuck owns a Wii?

Arco on
    Like this, not like the gas station.
    Organizer of the Post-PAX Party. You should come!
    Satellite Theater for life!
  • AbsintheMindedAbsintheMinded Registered User regular
    edited July 2009

If I remember correctly the attendance total for 08 was around 58k.

With 75k this year, I'm more expecting just enough space not to suffocate.... or about the same as last year.

But with your mad Tetris skills, I'm sure you can always grab and rearrange any attendees standing near you to clear space and get that breathing room you're after. :winky:

AbsintheMinded on
  • PimpMethodPimpMethod Registered User regular
    edited July 2009
    75k? ahhhhhh LOL

PimpMethod on
  • Moe FwackyMoe Fwacky Right Here, Right Now Drives a BuickModerator mod
    edited July 2009
    Keep in mind that there is more space for PAX in the convention center this year as well.

Moe Fwacky on
    E6LkoFK.png

• parabolaparabola Registered User regular
    edited July 2009
    75,000 people. Zomg.

parabola on
  • DStalefishDStalefish Registered User regular
    edited July 2009
    So are we aiming to surpass Comic-Con by 2011?

We can beat 125,000. Sinch.

DStalefish on
    [E] 09, 10E, 10P, 11E, 11P, 12E
  • parabolaparabola Registered User regular
    edited July 2009
    DStalefish wrote: »

Maybe PAX-EAST? Depends on how big the venue is there...

parabola on
  • AbsintheMindedAbsintheMinded Registered User regular
    edited July 2009
    DStalefish wrote: »

Sadly that would requite the WSCTC adding a floor or three. I'm pretty sure we're already going to be assimilating every millimetre of the place this year to pack in the 75,000. If not, we must be close to having all of the place reserved just for PAX.

So to hit 125k in the current WSCTC you'll have to ask Khoo REALLY nicely to use his powers of omnipotence to create a portal to an extradimensional realm large enough to hold an additional 50,000 people .... and then pray said realm is not infested with deepcrows.

Khoo is omnipotent right? I mean, that's the rumour around here.... :winky:

AbsintheMinded on
  • proXimityproXimity Registered User regular
    edited July 2009
    From Wikipedia, on the WSCTC-
    A $766 million proposed expansion, to be completed by 2014, would double exhibit space.

proXimity on
    camo_sig2.png
  • ColdbrewColdbrew Down in Front Productions Lake Stevens, WARegistered User regular
    edited July 2009
    Good find Prox, it is indeed true. It will be interesting to see.

Coldbrew on
    NSw0gum.png
  • NeoNeo Registered User regular
    edited July 2009
    So to hit 125k in the current WSCTC you'll have to ask Khoo REALLY nicely to use his powers of omnipotence to create a portal to an extradimensional realm large enough to hold an additional 50,000 people .... and then pray said realm is not infested with deepcrows.

LOL @ deepcrows! Brilliant!

Neo on
    -- This space for rent --
  • altmannaltmann Registered User regular
    edited July 2009
    As far as i know, that 75k number isn't 75k individuals, it's 75k attendees over 3 days right? So a 3 day pass counts as 3 attendees for the purpose of that 75k.

Can someone confirm this?

altmann on
    Imperator of the Gigahorse Jockeys.

"Oh what a day, what a LOVELY DAY!"

signature.png
  • Raiden333Raiden333 Registered User regular
    edited July 2009
    Arco wrote: »

Yeah. People coming to PAX who aren't already hardc0re g4mers is bullshit. If somebody came into PAX not liking games and left liking them, I'd be pretty pissed.

Actually, I agree with SM. Last year I noticed a lot of people who obviously weren't into the "culture", and they universally acted standoff-ish and were total jerks whenever you tried to start a conversation. Also, I spent over half an hour at one of the concerts tolerating an insanely drunk guy who had only showed up for the concert and kept yelling that our "nerd music sucked and we should play real shit like Slayer"

I wish I was kidding.

Raiden333 on
    There was a steam sig here. It's gone now.
  • drale03drale03 Registered User regular
    edited July 2009
    Hurry folks!

As of this morning there are only about 2499 tickets left for PAX 09!

'Cause I gots' mine!

drale03 on
  • BigRedBigRed Seattle, WARegistered User regular
    edited July 2009
    altmann wrote: »
    As far as i know, that 75k number isn't 75k individuals, it's 75k attendees over 3 days right? So a 3 day pass counts as 3 attendees for the purpose of that 75k.

Correct, pax counts attendees turnstile style. Which is what most conventions (except anime conventions for some reason) do. Even comiccon does it that way.

The maximum occupancy of the whole wsctc is somewhere around 32,000-38,000 unique people at any given time (not 100% sure on the exact # because I hear different things from different people and different shows :P)

BigRed on
    <MoeFwacky> besides, BigRed-Worky is right
  • BigRedBigRed Seattle, WARegistered User regular
    edited July 2009
    Raiden333 wrote: »
    Arco wrote: »

Actually, I agree with SM. Last year I noticed a lot of people who obviously weren't into the "culture", and they universally acted standoff-ish and were total jerks whenever you tried to start a conversation. Also, I spent over half an hour at one of the concerts tolerating an insanely drunk guy who had only showed up for the concert and kept yelling that our "nerd music sucked and we should play real shit like Slayer"

I wish I was kidding.

If that happens again (Someone is ovbiously intoxicated) be sure to tell either WSCTC staff or an Enforcer about it.
    If nobody lets staff know about those problems then theres nothing anybody can do about it :P

BigRed on
    <MoeFwacky> besides, BigRed-Worky is right
  • WormdundeeWormdundee Registered User regular
    edited July 2009

Consider yourself confirmed in a way. The 75k number is the total capacity. From what I understand, this means 75k turnstile count, so take that as 25k/day at PAX with a fairly significant amount of those 25k being people with 3 day passes.

Wormdundee on
  • dyaballikldyaballikl PAX Main Theatre House & Security Manager • PAX Community Cartographer Gold Coast QLD AustraliaRegistered User regular
    edited July 2009

yeah, the count is always the sum of 3 days. if you have a 3 day pass, you count as 3 attendees. so each day will see an average of 25,000 attendees, but sunday tends to be a bit less, so friday and saturday may be more concentrated.

dyaballikl on
    a.k.a. dya
    "Riding a mongoose reminds me of having sex with a man, which is something I do frequently because I am gay!" -Gabe
  • contrefaitcontrefait Registered User regular
    edited July 2009
    The_More_You_Know.jpg

I wonder if there will be any three day passes sold at the door.

contrefait on
    PAX East 2016 Checklist
    Passes: ▬ Hotel: ▬ Flight: [color=red]☑[/color]
  • RaslinRaslin Registered User regular
    edited July 2009
    Contrefait, you wouldn't happen to be the guy I met at pax 07 who lives in concord, CA? If you were, we met at the hotel thats across from the hurricane diner, when me and your hotel neighbor's half-stumbled onto your patio, and we had a freak meeting of two people from the same city.

Raslin on
    I cant url good so add me on steam anyways steamcommunity.com/id/Raslin

3ds friend code: 2981-6032-4118
  • Moe FwackyMoe Fwacky Right Here, Right Now Drives a BuickModerator mod
    edited July 2009
    contrefait wrote: »
    The_More_You_Know.jpg

I wonder if there will be any three day passes sold at the door.
    There probably won't be any day of sales because that would require them to hold back passes that they otherwise are guaranteed to sell. Now if by any chance those last 2500 don't sell out, then that's what will be left for day of.

Moe Fwacky on
    E6LkoFK.png

• tehshadowtehshadow Registered User regular
    edited July 2009
    It's a good thing i pre-ordered then (today actually), because it wont be there until later in the day on the first day and i would be so mad if i didn't get to go.

tehshadow on
  • SeatownstrikerSeatownstriker Registered User regular
    edited August 2009
    So glad I already have my ticket. :D

Seatownstriker on
This discussion has been closed.