As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

Myth: OOC Discussion

• INeedNoSaltINeedNoSalt with blood on my teeth Registered User regular
    edited March 2007
    Talonrazor wrote: »
    Yea, I don't really like the ideas of "planes". My god's "kingdom" is basically a crappy moon where the dead dudes live on and train for the glorious battles.

Oh, I love the planes, but if we wanted a carbon copy of Planescape, we'd just play Planescape.

INeedNoSalt on
  • Aroused BullAroused Bull Registered User regular
    edited March 2007
    Horseshoe wrote: »
    And if so... is The Cradle basically the Prime Material, or a place that is destined to be as such? I know there was this "olympus" sort of thing to it, but it seems like the GM might have to set up a material plane if nobody else will.

The Cradle is more like, in D&D cosmology, the Plane of Concordant Opposition. I assumed the planet/s are the equivalent of the Prime. We don't seem to have planes of that sort, anyway.

Aroused Bull on
  • HorseshoeHorseshoe Registered User regular
    edited March 2007
    I think I get it now. Thanks guys.

Horseshoe on
    dmsigsmallek3.jpg
  • HorseshoeHorseshoe Registered User regular
    edited March 2007
    I think I get it now. Thanks guys.

Also: update your wiki pages!

Horseshoe on
    dmsigsmallek3.jpg
    edited March 2007
    It would be best for people to update their own creations on the wiki, since other people might not have the right idea about what they were trying to convey.

Aroused Bull on
  • GrimmyTOAGrimmyTOA Registered User regular
    edited March 2007
    Whoops. Forgot about the Wiki. I'll take care of that tonight or tomorrow.

GrimmyTOA on
    edited March 2007
    I put a bit of a profile up for Cable.

Power: Greater deity
    Domains: Chaos, Illusion, Luck, Trickery, Hope
    Portfolio: Imagination (primary), faerie-kind (major), hope (major), chaos (minor)

This is the most important stuff at the moment, figured I'd post it here to see if anyone has any real problems with these.

Domains are a DND thing, and I pulled them from this list: http://realmshelps.dandello.net/cgi-bin/domainform.pl (domains are basically special sets of spells available to one's clerics.)

INeedNoSalt on
    edited March 2007
    Alright, how does one create and link to a new page in the wiki?

GrimmyTOA on
    edited March 2007
    We've got a night sky (the void filled with stars) with one nebula, and a single planet with a sun and a moon. We have the Cradle, which can be the basis for any physical outer-plane type constructions people might want to make (we can relax the restriction on mortal trespassing on the central fragment later - they can go on the outer shards anyway). On the orb, we have wind and skies and weather, and one sea in a crater.

Before we create any of the lower life forms, we should probably flesh things out a bit - more seas on the orb, more godhomes in the cradle (for those who want them), etc. There're also the shadow and fairy realms that Jacques and Salt are making. If it's not natural, though, we can always fill in stuff later - underworlds will probably have to wait until we have intelligent mortals, for example.

Aroused Bull on
    edited March 2007
    GrimmyTOA wrote: »
    Alright, how does one create and link to a new page in the wiki?

Click the new page button to make a new page. Or else, when you're editing a page, click the link button on the toolbar and then follow the link you've made once you've finished editing the page.

Aroused Bull on
    edited March 2007
    Fairy realm is gonna have to wait for people, too.
    I'm not coming up with any bright ideas for what Cable wants to do next, so uh... someone do something that isn't idle. :)

Does anyone plan on ever making life? :P

INeedNoSalt on
    edited March 2007
    I guess I could make some elementals or whatnot, just to get things rolling.

Last time we ended up with sort of elemental-type things under the gods' control before actual life, didn't we? I think this is a good idea. It gets things moving, and will also provide some incentive to make the orb more hospitable to living things.

Aroused Bull on
    edited March 2007
    Alright, I'm on it.

I've created the Sar. They're giant crystaline spheres (about 60 meters in diameter) that fly through the air. They have a high intelligence (albeit one that would be distinctly alien to people like us), and a burning curiosity. In later ages, they will often appear and survey the workings of other lifeforms. They are insanely dangerous (to mortal types) but extremely hard to rouse to anger. There are seventeen of them, and they do not reproduce. If they are all shattered, that will be the end of them. They have free will up to a point, but Solar can and will override that if circumstances dictate the need.

GrimmyTOA on
    edited March 2007
    I assume the Sar aren't an intelligent race like humans, but more like spirits?

Aroused Bull on
    edited March 2007
    They're more like constructs, really. Not really living, but they think, and they have their own agenda (which I haven't made up yet).

Edit: The Solar's wiki entry has been updated. Thanks for taking care of the Sar, ArrBeeBee(?).

GrimmyTOA on
    edited March 2007
    Someone just asked if there was still room for players - emphatically yes. It doesn't matter that the egg isn't around any more, it's just assumed you came out of it when it first hatched.

Aroused Bull on
  • McGlitchMcGlitch Registered User regular
    edited March 2007
    Would there be any room for a deity of Rest and Relaxation in this game? I may not be able to contribute much in the next week or so (half-yearly exams) but afterwards I should be able to contribute a lot more freely.

McGlitch on
    edited March 2007
    I'm not entirely sure what a deity of rest and relaxation would do, other than kick back.

Aroused Bull on
    edited March 2007
    I was thinking that Rest and Relaxation would focus on the growth and regeneration through rest and meditative (Clear and tranquil mindedness, as opposed to the more erratic creative and imaginative thoughts) arts, myself. Something like:

Rank: Somewhere in between Major and Minor status at the moment
    Titles: the Cureall, Tranquility, PeaceGrower, Surefire
    Symbol: On the simplified end of things, a gentle concave up line representing the calm, stable earth, on the more complicated end, a set of scales or an intricate but balanced pattern of vines stretching out to eight evenly spaced points.
    Alignment: Neutral. He is a calm, pleasant god with no particular animosity towards any other deity. At least, not yet.
    Portfolio: Rest (major), Calmness (major), Earth (minor)

McGlitch on
    edited March 2007
    So sleep, as much as anything. I'd say: go for it. I'd also say: At first, you're likely to be called upon for more Earth stuff than Rest stuff.

GrimmyTOA on
  • JacquesCousteauJacquesCousteau Registered User regular
    edited March 2007
    Oh noes! Tara'lar has introduced a new moral element into the world beyond its control!

Seriously though, Ak'tar is the plane of shadows and I've made it kind of represent the darker side of existence in the Sphere, and it is currently unchecked by other forces.

JacquesCousteau on
    steam_sig.png
    edited March 2007
    Oh noes! Tara'lar has introduced a new moral element into the world beyond its control!

Seriously though, Ak'tar is the plane of shadows and I've made it kind of represent the darker side of existence in the Sphere, and it is currently unchecked by other forces.

So I have actually no idea whatsoever what you were actually doing.

INeedNoSalt on
  • ScooterScooter Registered User regular
    edited March 2007
    Ok, I'm throwing in with The Loop, a dual god of Balance (with Justice/Judgment overtones). I've also created a species of white eagle/hawk-like birds named Silverwings, and a bat-like species named Onyxes. They intend to keep good or evil from getting too strong over the other.

Scooter on
  • GnastyGnasty Registered User regular
    edited March 2007
    Scooter wrote: »
    Ok, I'm throwing in with The Loop, a dual god of Balance (with Justice/Judgment overtones). I've also created a species of white eagle/hawk-like birds named Silverwings, and a bat-like species named Onyxes. They intend to keep good or evil from getting too strong over the other.

I was under the impression that balance and judgment were under Eternal's domain. Not too mention "good" and "evil" are pretty subjective.

Gnasty on
    i just wanna 'be myself'
    edited March 2007
    Gnasty wrote: »
    Scooter wrote: »

I was under the impression that balance and judgment were under Eternal's domain. Not too mention "good" and "evil" are pretty subjective.

Cable is not pleased with this at all.

INeedNoSalt on
    edited March 2007
    Whoops, was looking at the players and forgot the GM was a god too. Guess I'll think of something else.

Scooter on
    edited March 2007
    So sleep, as much as anything. I'd say: go for it. I'd also say: At first, you're likely to be called upon for more Earth stuff than Rest stuff.

That's cool. Just let me think of a name and I'll get right to it.

McGlitch on
  • IShallRiseAgainIShallRiseAgain Registered User regular
    edited March 2007
    Id be interested in joining as the god of cruelty and fear. would that be ok?

IShallRiseAgain on
    Alador239.png
    edited March 2007
    Id be interested in joining as the god of cruelty and fear. would that be ok?

Suuure... we seem to be skewing 'nasty' though. We already have an evil death God and a bunch of other sinister fellows. Ah well.

GrimmyTOA on
    edited March 2007
    Alrighty then, Gomac has been introduced unto the universe to keep things in check. Maybe after breakfast I'll cook up a wiki entry for him. If there are any problems, let me know.

McGlitch on
    edited March 2007
    No problems here. Gomac certainly made an entrance. Also, anything that adds to the net heat of the universe is okay by the Solar. He'd be more or less happy if everyone just sat around belching fire all day and giggling.

GrimmyTOA on
  • Abysmal LynxAbysmal Lynx Registered User regular
    edited March 2007
    I'll join in too. I think I'll be a god of nature, plants, animals, and that sort of thing.

Abysmal Lynx on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited March 2007
    I'll probably go with an earth goddess (basically being the opposite of Salt), though it;ll have to wait til after NA or tomorrow.

Scooter on
    edited March 2007
    Ooh, you might be a little late on that one too. Gomec has Earth as a minor domain. Sorry man. But if you want to take over as the earth deity, Gomec can focus on his meditation and strengthening practises.

McGlitch on
    edited March 2007
    I'm not sure whether I love or hate McGlitch for sciencing everything up.

It's a severe thing one way or the other, but I'm not certain which.

INeedNoSalt on
  • JacquesCousteauJacquesCousteau Registered User regular
    edited March 2007

So I have actually no idea whatsoever what you were actually doing.

Heh sorry, I was just trying to say that I created this plane of shadows, but without some balancing force it is basically uncontrolled darkness.

JacquesCousteau on
    steam_sig.png
    edited March 2007
    Well, shit. Guess that's what happens when I get into a thread a week late. What's left, cause I'm out of ideas.

Scooter on
  • ShamusShamus Registered User regular
    edited March 2007
    Unless I'm wrong, there's no simple god of magic..There is no clear god of war. Violence, destruction, healing, shit like that is all up for grabs. You could be a god of prophecy, I've taken the domain as far as it extends to visions in dreams.

A god of good or evil..while not so easily defined, you could craft your own moralities.

I'll come back with more ideas after I drink a bit.

Shamus on
    edited March 2007
    I'm not sure whether I love or hate McGlitch for sciencing everything up.

It's a severe thing one way or the other, but I'm not certain which.

Trust me, if I wanted to science it up I'd make a God of Evolution or a God of Quantum Physics/String Theory. :p I didn't actually think of the stuff I had Gomec do as scientific, more like setting some forces in motion that the gods would manipulate according to their will.

McGlitch on
    edited March 2007
    There's already a god of war, and a god of "prophecy, but only while you're awake" ain't much.

Scooter on