As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

Fight Night Round 4: It's About Fucking Time

124»

• chuck steakchuck steak Registered User regular
    edited July 2009
    Well, I hired this one out of interest, and I haven't been doing so bad. My main problem is that I keep failing to take advantage of a stunned opponent. They either block my haymaker or use the clinch to stall, grr.

Don't use haymakers when they're stunned, just go in throwing as many punches as you can. If they are the grabby type just use the push button (x) before they get a hold of you.

chuck steak on
  • FireWeaselFireWeasel Registered User regular
    edited July 2009
    Guys, seriously.

http://beta.easports.com/media/play/video/6627122

Best feature ever. Look what I just made.

Tyson's turn to be raped, apparently.

FireWeasel on
    AC:CL Wii -- 3824-2125-9336 City: Felinito Me: Nick
  • PaperLuigi44PaperLuigi44 My amazement is at maximum capacity. Registered User regular
    edited July 2009
    Well, I hired this one out of interest, and I haven't been doing so bad. My main problem is that I keep failing to take advantage of a stunned opponent. They either block my haymaker or use the clinch to stall, grr.

Don't use haymakers when they're stunned, just go in throwing as many punches as you can. If they are the grabby type just use the push button (x) before they get a hold of you.

Yeah, I've realised that after a bit of practice. Also, I have to eat my words because I've resorted to the same tactic when I got stunned now. Still, I'm doing well, I just have to suck less at the mini-games and I'll do fine. Would it be better to just auto-train?

PaperLuigi44 on
  • G RolG Rol Dorsia? Nobody goes there anymore... Nell'sRegistered User regular
    edited July 2009

Yeah, I've realised that after a bit of practice. Also, I have to eat my words because I've resorted to the same tactic when I got stunned now. Still, I'm doing well, I just have to suck less at the mini-games and I'll do fine. Would it be better to just auto-train?

Go to the My Corner screen and practice the mini-games. The bag push one is the biggest bitch; I strictly use left jabs on the bag and manage contender or champion level ever time. I sucked at all of them until I broke down and practiced them all.

They become second nature after you practice them enough, and you'll really miss the extra points if you auto-train. Some of the higher tier fights can be brutal if you aren't trained up.

G Rol on

G%20Rol.jpg
  • JameswaysJamesways Registered User regular
    edited July 2009
    BTW, if you have the 360 version and want some good likenesses, a guy by the gamertag of ZZZEUS has made some awesome looking CABS. Best Holyfield, Meayweather, Trinidad, DLH, Tua, Vitali, and Dempsey I've seen.

Tweaked a few a bit, and they are really spot on.

Jamesways on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • PaperLuigi44PaperLuigi44 My amazement is at maximum capacity. Registered User regular
    edited July 2009
    G Rol wrote: »

Go to the My Corner screen and practice the mini-games. The bag push one is the biggest bitch; I strictly use left jabs on the bag and manage contender or champion level ever time. I sucked at all of them until I broke down and practiced them all.

They become second nature after you practice them enough, and you'll really miss the extra points if you auto-train. Some of the higher tier fights can be brutal if you aren't trained up.

Cheers.

PaperLuigi44 on
  • BubbaTBubbaT Registered User regular
    edited July 2009
    G Rol wrote: »

You can also tweak the sliders for the training, and then change them back before the fight. Double End Bag is easy with speed turned up, and if you turn power up you can beat Heavy Bag Push with just jabs.

BubbaT on
  • Mr_GrinchMr_Grinch Registered User regular
    edited July 2009
    I really hate watching boxing but I LOVE these games. I was awful at FN3 but still enjoyed it, just picked this up the other day and I'm getting on a bit better. I'm still not great at getting the blocks done right for counters (Maybe one or two a fight) but it's slowly sinking in now.

It may be because i'm only just starting but is there less visual damage done to the face than in the third game?

Mr_Grinch on
    Steam: Sir_Grinch
    PSN: SirGrinchX
    Oculus Rift: Sir_Grinch
  • G RolG Rol Dorsia? Nobody goes there anymore... Nell'sRegistered User regular
    edited July 2009
    Mr_Grinch wrote: »
    I really hate watching boxing but I LOVE these games. I was awful at FN3 but still enjoyed it, just picked this up the other day and I'm getting on a bit better. I'm still not great at getting the blocks done right for counters (Maybe one or two a fight) but it's slowly sinking in now.

It may be because i'm only just starting but is there less visual damage done to the face than in the third game?

Usually you'll have a guy knocked out before you do too much visible damage. I did have a guy TKO me over live due to damage though. It was a long fight and both sides of my fighter's face looked to have a severe bruising/laceration thing going on.

G Rol on

G%20Rol.jpg
  • KakodaimonosKakodaimonos Code fondler Helping the 1% get richerRegistered User regular
    edited August 2009
    WTF?

I come back to this game, load it up and now there's fucking ads all over the place and during the loading screens?

FUCK YOU EA. Next time have the fucking stones to do it in the review copies. Christ.

Kakodaimonos on
  • Toxin01Toxin01 Registered User regular
    edited August 2009
    WTF?

I come back to this game, load it up and now there's fucking ads all over the place and during the loading screens?

FUCK YOU EA. Next time have the fucking stones to do it in the review copies. Christ.

Oh noes there are ads during the part of the game where you do nothing, this is so terrible fuck ea those bastards the game is terrible now.

Toxin01 on
    Aiden Baail: Level 1 Swordmage: 19 AC 14 Fort 15 Ref 13 Will (Curse Of The Black Pearls)
    GM: Rusty Chains (DH Ongoing)
  • wavecutterwavecutter Registered User regular
    edited August 2009
    I wish there was a boxing game of this quality for the PC.

wavecutter on
  • KakodaimonosKakodaimonos Code fondler Helping the 1% get richerRegistered User regular
    edited August 2009
    Toxin01 wrote: »
    WTF?

Oh noes there are ads during the part of the game where you do nothing, this is so terrible fuck ea those bastards the game is terrible now.

No, I'm pissed that when I purchased it and all the copies that were reviewed didn't have these ads. And then EA goes and adds the ads back in after all the reviews. I'm sure they did this because of all the crap they got on Fight Night 3 and those ads.

Kakodaimonos on
  • Sweeney TomSweeney Tom Registered User regular
    edited August 2009
    Should I get this game first instead of Prototype/GoW2/Fallout3/whatever else I need to buy? Is it that good?

Sweeney Tom on
    edited August 2009
    Do you like boxing? If you do, buy it. If you're not a big fan of boxing, get the other games first.

Kakodaimonos on
  • Sweeney TomSweeney Tom Registered User regular
    edited August 2009
    I love boxing, it's just I'm not sure that this game is better than the ones I still need to get.

Sweeney Tom on
  • AnalrapistAnalrapist Registered User regular
    edited August 2009
    I like boxing, I hated FN:3.
    I love FN:4 though, a lot.
    However i only like playing against a friend in the same room.
    It makes smack talk way more hilarious.

Analrapist on
    CheeseSticks15.png