As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

Cookie Brigade - OP Edit with Meeting Times

chibidanichibidani Registered User regular
edited October 2009 in PAX Archive
EDIT

MEETING TIMES

We are meeting at least 3 times.
1) Friday morning around 9am, in the Line Room. If you are participating, you must be at this meeting (unless you aren't in town yet). You will be receiving your badge identifying you as a Cookie Brigade member.
2) Saturday morning, 9:30am, in the Line Room. This is mostly for those of us who are distributing, as we will make sure we all have cookies, and collect the money raised on Friday for secure off-site storage.
3) Sunday afternoon, around 1:40, right after the Q&A Panel #2, in the Line Room. If you are distributing, you MUST be at this meeting to hand off the money you have raised, for counting off-site. Please make sure all your cookies are gone, as we will be ceasing operation at this point.

PARTICIPANTS

A full list of participants as of 4pm PDT can be found here:
http://spreadsheets.google.com/ccc?key=0AgpNgsn7EdccdElEV0t4X3VJVkxXZjVFb01WaEFkV0E&hl=en

HOW CAN YOU FIND US?

We are everywhere! Really, we are a lot of places. We especially like to hit line-ups for panels, cuz its a lot of people in a concentrated area. Just look for people with buttons that have this on it:
http://cookiebrigade.googlegroups.com/web/225_CB_big.jpg?gsc=s5gj9wsAAABAjgNUuZZ3BYm9tLtLAvYM

QUESTIONS?
If you have any questions, post here or send me an email to chibidani at gmail dot com

/END EDIT

WHAT IS THE COOKIE BRIGADE?
What started in 2007 as two people randomly handing out cookies to people waiting in lines has become a force for good! The Brigadiers bake cookies and bring them to PAX, where we exchange our tasty goodies for donations to Child's Play. Last year, we raised $5,400 in just under 48 hours!

IF YOU ARE PARTICIPATING, PLEASE USE THE FOLLOWING FORMAT
Name:
Date/time arriving in Seattle:
Role: (Baking, Distributing, Both)

Just post those three things separate from any comments you may have, it will simplify things for us organizers.

THINGS THAT NEED TO BE ORGANIZED
Okay, here comes the long winded part of this post. We are now just over a month away from PAX, and I feel a lot less organized than last year. There are a lot of things that need to be done still. Here are the ones I can think of.

We need to:
- figure out where we are storing and counting money (which can be two places or one place)
- get in contact with Child's Play ppl (I'm hoping its the same person as last year)
- decide if we want to get buttons to exchange in addition to our cookies. If so, we need to order them ASAP. I know they were a huge hit last year.
- set meeting times and places for all 3 days (Friday and Saturday mornings, lunch time on Sunday)
- compile a list of everyone who is participating (hence the part above)
- determine a LOW KEY identifier (like the buttons we had last year)
- get better money collectors and cookie holders

Please discuss, suggest, debate, etc. This is a collaborative effort, it won't happen without participation now and during PAX. Thanks everyone!

We are now gluten, dairy and corn free gamers!
glutenfreegamer.blogspot.com
chibidani on

• chibidanichibidani Registered User regular
    edited July 2009
    Name: Danielle
    Date/time arriving in Seattle: Thursday Sept 3, late PM
    Role: BOTH - lots of baking, some distributing

chibidani on
  • DaniciaDanicia Sparkly Princess of Social Media Seattle, WARegistered User regular
    edited July 2009
    Name: Danicia
    Date/time arriving in Seattle: I'm local; here all days.
    Role: Baking.

Danicia on
  • nemaihnenemaihne Registered User regular
    edited July 2009
    Name: Stephanie
    Date/time arriving in Seattle: PAX Train (late Thursday, Amtrak permitting)
    Role: (Baking, Distributing, Both): Baking. Distributing on PAX train only

nemaihne on
    I *think* that's what I meant to say...
  • morrgainemorrgaine Registered User new member
    edited July 2009
    Name: Tabitha
    Date/time arriving in Seattle: I'm a local =)
    Role: (Baking, Distributing, Both) Baking and some distributing

morrgaine on
  • AstayonixAstayonix Registered User regular
    edited July 2009
    Name: Jessica
    Date/time arriving in Seattle: Aug 31st
    Role: Baking yummy cookies! And some eating :)

Astayonix on
    -=Astayonix=-
    http://www.n37radio.com
    Awesome Ideas With No Inititive
    IRC - radeon.slashdot.net #n37 key=topic
  • VThornheartVThornheart Registered User regular
    edited July 2009
    Name: Alex
    Date/time arriving in Seattle: Thursday Sept 3, with CCST
    Role: As much distributing as I can while still actually seeing some things/playing some games this year =)

VThornheart on
    3DS Friend Code: 1950-8938-9095
  • BallatikBallatik Registered User regular
    edited July 2009
    Name: Dave
    Date/time arriving in Seattle: Thursday evening
    Role: Both. Mostly baking, some distributing

Ballatik on
  • chinniechinnie Registered User regular
    edited July 2009
    Name: Tania
    Date/time arriving in Seattle: Local from Seattle
    Role: Baking

Register for BYOC too (in case for temporary drop off stuff)

chinnie on
  • Jules@Party934.comJules@Party934.com Registered User regular
    edited July 2009
    Name: Jules
    Date/time arriving in Seattle: Sept 1 tentatively
    Role: (Baking, Distributing, Both) Distribution I can do on one of the days.

Jules@Party934.com on
  • the_stamythe_stamy Registered User regular
    edited July 2009
    Name: Amy
    Date/time arriving in Seattle: Thurs 08/03, evening
    Role: Distributing, might bake but not sure due to luggage space restrictions

the_stamy on
  • DJBreslinDJBreslin Registered User regular
    edited July 2009
    Name: DJ
    Arriving: Thursday night
    Role: baking for sure, distribution as-needed

DJBreslin on
  • ArcoArco Registered User regular
    edited July 2009
    Hey there! I'm not distributing or baking, but I have a question.

Would any of the cookie brigade people be interested in coming to the Post-PAX Party Dinner? We don't have a dessert menu at the moment, and I think it would be very appropriate if dessert was available courtesy of the cookie brigade and on behalf of Child's Play.

Anyway. I can't comp tickets to the dinner or anything, but if anyone's interested in coming and providing cookies, you're absolutely welcome to. Additionally if anyone wants to just drop off some cookies, I'm sure we can set up a donation box or something.

Does this seem like a good idea? Or am I being dumb?

Arco on
    Like this, not like the gas station.
    Organizer of the Post-PAX Party. You should come!
    Satellite Theater for life!
    edited July 2009
    I think there will be a dessert at the Pre-PAX Dinner. Also, I believe in that thread Astayonix mentioned that bringing in outside food would violate their catering contract. (Heh, food seems to be a repeat contract violator!)

I will be at the dinner though.

DJBreslin on
    edited July 2009
    Post-PAX Party Dinner, not the Pre-PAX Dinner. :)

Arco on
    edited July 2009
    Ha ha... I'm an idiot. Reading comprehension failure. Sorry, Arco.

If there are left over cookies, I don't see why not! I was out of cookies by end of PAX last year.

DJBreslin on
    edited July 2009
    Oh, yeah... cookies go fast... well, anyway. It's a thought. :)

Arco on
    edited July 2009
    I know we have the mailing list... but for answering the specific questions above, maybe we should start a ProBoard? It'd keep the conversations a lot more well organized into specific topics. I can start one if you guys want!

VThornheart on
    edited July 2009
    Sounds good VT! Thanks :)

RE: Post-PAX dinner - we like to stop collecting donations around 1 or 2pm so we can count all our moneys and give it to PA ppls before the Omegathon Final. That way its done and out of our hands, and we can just enjoy the last few hours of PAX.

chibidani on
  • SlickShughesSlickShughes Registered User regular
    edited July 2009
    I will bake some cookies. I make no promises that they will make it all the way up to Seattle, as I'll be distributing on the train.

There may or may not be bacon in them.

SlickShughes on
  • KytarowolfKytarowolf Registered User new member
    edited July 2009
    Name: Erin
    Date/time arriving in Seattle: Late Thursday (also on PAX Train)
    Role: baking. I would like to distribute my own cookies though. That being said, my cookies may not make it to Seattle depending on train interest. Chocolate crackles for the win!

Kytarowolf on
  • ScarletArcherScarletArcher Registered User regular
    edited July 2009
    Name: Scarlet
    Date/time arriving in Seattle: Thursday Afternoon/Evening
    Role: Baking!

ScarletArcher on
    edited July 2009
    ProBoard GO!

http://cookiebrigade.proboards.com/index.cgi?board=general

Make an account over here and go for the planning! I made some threads for topics that I knew we had to discuss, but of course feel free to make as many as needed!

VThornheart on
    edited August 2009
    Didn't we already have a google group?

DJBreslin on
    edited August 2009
    Oh, I thought it was just a mailing list? I kept getting messages that were just one long thread with all of the different things we needed to talk about in it. Either way works, as long as we can keep each conversation we need to have in their own thread... it's really hard to make heads or tails of the google groups mailing list because of the "everything in one big E-Mail list" nature of it.

VThornheart on
  • leeesherleeesher Registered User regular
    edited August 2009
    Oh, I thought it was just a mailing list?

You probably have the messages being sent to you as a "digest".

Check out this page - http://groups.google.com/group/cookiebrigade/topics :mrgreen:

leeesher on
    edited August 2009
    Ahhh, nice! Okay, that's much better =)

VThornheart on
  • woodsmnwoodsmn Registered User new member
    edited August 2009
    Name: Morgan
    Date/Time: I'm driving up from Olympia all three days, so no worries there.
    Role: Baking and some distribution if you can't get enough people.

I posted in the last thread since I was blind and had to use the Forum Search button. I hope I didn't upset too many people by doing that. This is my first PAX so I'm a little nervous. ;A;

woodsmn on
  • Hi I'm Vee!Hi I'm Vee! Formerly VH; She/Her; Is an E X P E R I E N C E Registered User regular
    edited August 2009
    This might be a silly question, but...it doesn't just have to be cookies, right?

What I'm saying is that I make a mean batch of butterscotch brownies.

Hi I'm Vee! on
    vRyue2p.png
  • SlickShughesSlickShughes Registered User regular
    edited August 2009
    This might be a silly question, but...it doesn't just have to be cookies, right?

I will hunt you down and buy all of those.

...Well at least 4 or so.

Yeah, non cookie baked goods is fine. One of the most popular items last year (and by that I mean the item I dropped 10 bucks at least on) was caramels.

SlickShughes on
  • nemaihnenemaihne Registered User regular
    edited August 2009
    woodsmn wrote: »
    Name: Morgan
    Date/Time: I'm driving up from Olympia all three days, so no worries there.
    Role: Baking and some distribution if you can't get enough people.

I posted in the last thread since I was blind and had to use the Forum Search button. I hope I didn't upset too many people by doing that. This is my first PAX so I'm a little nervous. ;A;

Welcome, Woodsmn! It's great to have you here!

nemaihne on
    I *think* that's what I meant to say...
    edited August 2009

I will hunt you down and buy all of those.

...Well at least 4 or so.

Yeah, non cookie baked goods is fine. One of the most popular items last year (and by that I mean the item I dropped 10 bucks at least on) was caramels.

Those caramels were made by Katherine. Her website is http://www.katherine-anne.com. I'm not affiliated with her in any way, I just happen to have her card still with me. She and her husband were very nice individuals and the vanilla caramels were fantastic. She made a wonderful addition to the cookie brigade!

DJBreslin on
    edited August 2009
    Hey everyone! I have compiled a list of everyone who has replied to this thread with their intended involvement in the Brigade. Below is a list of these peoples' forum handles. If you are missing, please post here or PM me asap! To check out the full list, see http://spreadsheets.google.com/ccc?key=tIDWKx_uIVLWf5EoMVhAdWA&hl=en

chibidani
    confracto
    Danicia
    nemaihne
    morrgaine
    Astayonix
    Vthornheart
    Ballatik
    chinnie
    Jules@...
    the_stamy
    DJBreslin
    SlickShughes
    Kytarowolf
    ScarletArcher
    woodsmn

chibidani on
  • Hi I'm Vee!Hi I'm Vee! Formerly VH; She/Her; Is an E X P E R I E N C E Registered User regular
    edited August 2009
    Thanks for the PM reminder chibidani!

I will indeed be making buttloads of Butterscotch Brownies for PAX. My info!

Name: Bo
    Arrival: I get in Thursday afternoon-ish
    Distribution: I can distribute my own stuff!

I'm also a part of BYOC, so I was thinking that I could distribute brownies there, since they open 2 hours before the rest of the con opens. I need to double check to see if they allow food in the BYOC, though...

Hi I'm Vee! on
    vRyue2p.png
  • HypatiaHypatia Registered User regular
    edited August 2009
    I threw up a website to help with coordination that I can keep updated and all of that jazz. It's at: http://cookiebrigade.chargingwombat.com

It isn't to step on any toes or anything so I hope it isn't overwriting anyone's efforts, but there's also a sign up sheet there where you can stick information to contact you by during PAX for coordination info in case people want to drop off/pick up cookies or need a safe place to count cash during the event.

Hypatia on
    edited August 2009
    Ooh, pretty website! Nice!

VThornheart on
  • MegariaMegaria Registered User new member
    edited August 2009
    Name: Megan
    Role: Baking/Distributing
    Arrival: Friday evening

I'm on the Google Group already... the crazy one with the ice planets. I'll likely arrive at the Con late on Friday with fewer cookies than I'd like thanks to needing to set up my computer lab before school starts. Yay teacher pre-service week!

Megaria on
  • kropotkinkropotkin Forum Badge Creator London UKRegistered User regular
    edited August 2009
    I'm going to ask this and I fear for my safety when I do, but I'm going to anyway. For the benefit of that ever so loud minority that are coming to PAX from Great Britain, would it be at all possible to have the 'Cookie Brigade' have the sub-title of 'Biscuit Brigade'? It'll help my follow subjects of the Queen comprehend what is contained in the large boxes you're carrying around, for the word 'cookie' doesn't really mean much to us. You never know, we may even give you pony (£25/$US 40) for a single biscuit/cookie by way of gratitude.

For more information about the concept of biscuits and why you should dunk them in tea, see the fabulously British web site that is A Nice Cup of Tea and a Sit Down.

Right, I'll go back to watching England being beaten by Australia at cricket and admiring my wonky teeth in a mirror.

kropotkin on
    ryr7xy0i2ynw.png

• HypatiaHypatia Registered User regular
    edited August 2009
    Name: Hypatia
    Role: Baking/Distributing
    Arrival: Thursday

Hypatia on
  • CronusCronus Registered User regular
    edited August 2009
    Guys, the cookie brigade is awesome and so is everyone who helps out with it. A very welcome site in BYOC last year and I look forward to more delicious treats this year.

Cronus on
    camo_sig.png
    "Read twice, post once. It's almost like 'measure twice, cut once' only with reading." - MetaverseNomad
    edited August 2009
    <3 Kropotkin!

I wish I had photoshop skills... I envision a Cookie brigade logo now with a U.S. and U.K. flag in front of a giant cookie with "Cookie Brigade" over the U.S. flag and "Biscuit Brigade" over the U.K. flag. I'd totally wear that. =)

And thanks Cronus! We will be there to serve! =)

VThornheart on
This discussion has been closed.