As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Cross-Country Supertrip 2009: There and Back Again

• Options
    Qs23Qs23 Registered User regular
    edited August 2009
    4 WEEKS!

Qs23 on
    PASig.gif
  • Options
    teh1337ninj4teh1337ninj4 Registered User regular
    edited August 2009
    WHOO!!!

teh1337ninj4 on
  • Options
    Bob JackassBob Jackass Registered User regular
    edited August 2009
    What's the estimate of total cars?

Bob Jackass on
    Check out my actual, real life rock band!

Xbox Live - Bob Jackass || Playstation - Cosby__Sweater || Steam - Bob Jackass

Twitter
  • Options
    Moe FwackyMoe Fwacky Right Here, Right Now Drives a BuickModerator mod
    edited August 2009
    Nine, we lost the Virginia car but there is one Minnesota and one 3rd Ground fleet car that I haven't added to the OP yet.

Moe Fwacky on
    E6LkoFK.png

• Options
    edited August 2009
    Number Nine... Number Nine... Number Nine...

Qs23 on
    PASig.gif
  • Options
    kropotkinkropotkin Forum Badge Creator London UKRegistered User regular
    edited August 2009
    Hey all, just a quick note to let you know that Rius has volunteered to distribute the Forum Badges for the participants of the CCST. Do seek him out during your journey to get your badge. If you don't catch up with him, you can always pick it up from BigRed at the BYOC registration desk at PAX itself.

Wishing you the very best of luck!

kropotkin on
    ryr7xy0i2ynw.png

• Options
    edited August 2009
    Moe's not covering the Badges? Wow Moe.

Qs23 on
    PASig.gif
  • Options
    RiusRius Globex CEO Nobody ever says ItalyRegistered User regular
    edited August 2009
    It's not a big deal; I think Moe is kind of busy right now. Don't worry, I'm not going to steal and ebay them all >.>

Rius on
  • Options
    edited August 2009
    kropotkin wrote: »
    Hey all, just a quick note to let you know that Rius has volunteered to distribute the Forum Badges for the participants of the CCST. Do seek him out during your journey to get your badge.

He'll be the one riding in the sexy Scion xB. You can't miss it. It will be shining with awesome. :winky:

Bob Jackass on

Twitter
  • Options
    edited August 2009
    kropotkin wrote: »
    Hey all, just a quick note to let you know that Rius has volunteered to distribute the Forum Badges for the participants of the CCST. Do seek him out during your journey to get your badge.

He'll be the one riding in the sexy Scion xB. You can't miss it. It will be shining with awesome. :winky:

It will be shining with Omega decorations is what it will be! I am totally going to [strike]ruin[/strike] [strike]pimp out[/strike] decorate your car with Omega-themed items.

Rius on
  • Options
    kropotkinkropotkin Forum Badge Creator London UKRegistered User regular
    edited August 2009
    Rius wrote: »
    It's not a big deal; I think Moe is kind of busy right now. Don't worry, I'm not going to steal and ebay them all >.>

And you probably wouldn't get very much for them anyway :P

kropotkin on
    ryr7xy0i2ynw.png

• Options
    JonnyNeroJonnyNero Registered User regular
    edited August 2009
    Just to give you a heads up we're adding a late +1 to our vehicle. I'm waiting on his information.

JonnyNero on
  • Options
    edited August 2009
    late +!? like a dead guy? is this going to be weekend at bernie's: CCST edition?

Moe Fwacky on
    E6LkoFK.png

• Options
    edited August 2009
    Well, in Weekend at Bernie's II, he led them to sunken treasure. Maybe in this one he's leading them to awesome.

Yeah, I liked the Weekend at Bernie's movies, so what?

Bob Jackass on

Twitter
  • Options
    edited August 2009
    Man, a dead body in a car for 3 days... wow.

Qs23 on
    PASig.gif
  • Options
    edited August 2009
    Qs23 wrote: »
    Man, a dead body in a car for 3 days... wow.

I'm trying to think of some kind of carpool joke, but nothing's formulating yet.

Bob Jackass on

Twitter
  • Options
    edited August 2009
    Guys, due to some serious being tied up with accident bullshit, I've been slacking on the handbook. Foreseeing that I might not have it completely done in time, I'm going to consolidate what I have and start putting it up on Google Docs. I will hopefully start getting this together today. I really wanted another nice handbook like last year, but time may not allow it. I'll keep working on it and see what I can get together, but I may not get all the little state to state tips I wanted to. I'll be sending out another mass e-mail soon with more info as soon as I add new people into the contact list and OP.

Moe Fwacky on
    E6LkoFK.png

• Options
    edited August 2009
    Moe, when are you going to give me the link to the Google Doc?

Qs23 on
    PASig.gif
  • Options
    edited August 2009
    I haven't put anything into Google Docs yet. It's all sitting on my laptop. Do you want to throw things in before I make it public?

Moe Fwacky on
    E6LkoFK.png

• Options
    edited August 2009
    Well I want to help you out

Qs23 on
    PASig.gif
  • Options
    MetaverseNomadMetaverseNomad Registered User regular
    edited August 2009
    I've had a lot of questions/comments about what is going to happen once the MMT and CCST waves crash together at the WSCTC. Do you guys have anything planned for after you roll in? Should I suggest a Gameworks gathering or do you want to come with us to Westlake Center for lunch (it's food-court mall-type food)?

Pretty sure everyone is going to want to find places to park and hotels to check into at this point, and I'll be busy too... But, do any of you want to put together some kind of hang-out place for the few hours before the dinner starts?

MetaverseNomad on
  • Options
    edited August 2009
    I don't know what everybody's plans are, but personally, I'm going to be checking into the hotel, dropping off the van, stopping at QFC on the way back and crashing out until dinner. No offense to you guys or anything, but after two straight days of driving, we need a little downtime before things pick up again. I'm sure there are probably a few people up for things, I just know that I'll be too tired to join in.

Moe Fwacky on
    E6LkoFK.png

• Options
    edited August 2009
    Depending on when we get in and how tired we are, I'll see if I can drag Werezwolf and Rius out to Westlake Center, or whatever other pre pre-pax dinner activities are planned. I'm excited to get back to Seattle in general, so I know I'll be up for going out and mingling with other PAXers.

Bob Jackass on

Twitter
  • Options
    MetaverseNomadMetaverseNomad Registered User regular
    edited August 2009
    Yeah, I'm pretty much in the same boat, Moe. And pretty sure that's going to be the general consensus, people are going to want to go settle down and clean up before dinner, etc. I think, if anything, I'll just give everyone some options if they want them, and let organize their own stuff.

MetaverseNomad on
  • Options
    edited August 2009
    Having signed up for the Pre-PAX dinner and the triwizard tournament, I imagine I'll be wanting to take a nap or something equally unmanly when we arrive, heh.

Rius on
  • Options
    edited August 2009
    Driving across the country non-stop in two days is manly enough to allow for an unmanly nap and still be manly.

Moe Fwacky on
    E6LkoFK.png

• Options
    VThornheartVThornheart Registered User regular
    edited August 2009
    I'm so psyched about this! =) Yay! =)

So my friend Adam says that unless some kind of anti-miracle happens, he's in for sure. So we'll definitely be representing the Live Free or Die state. =)

VThornheart on
    3DS Friend Code: 1950-8938-9095
  • Options
    edited August 2009
    Moe Fwacky wrote: »
    Driving across the country non-stop in two days is manly enough to allow for an unmanly nap and still be manly.

it's not a nap... it's a hot shower and a crash. At least that's what it's been for me for the past 3 years.

Qs23 on
    PASig.gif
  • Options
    edited August 2009
    That shower is the best shower ever. All other showers are just like standing in the rain in comparison.

Moe Fwacky on
    E6LkoFK.png

• Options
    edited August 2009
    I've had that shower last for an hour... best hour ever.

Qs23 on
    PASig.gif
  • Options
    mentok1982mentok1982 I could never leave you PAX baby. BaltimoreRegistered User regular
    edited August 2009
    Qs23. Do you already have the radios that my car needs? If so, can you mail them to me so I can use
    them before I pick you up? I am sending you a PM with my cell number.

mentok1982 on
    Penny Arcade TV makes my life complete!
    PS3: Mentok || Steam: mentok1982 || Diablo 3: mentok1982#1212
    Links: GPUReview.com My IGN activity My IGN Blog [H]ard|Forum
  • Options
    TherosTheros Registered User regular
    edited August 2009
    Ohai! So I took the car I intend to drive in for an expensive, and came out with a two page parts list that totalled more than $3000 before taxes and labor.

Apparently it scared the mechanics. That should make it scary to drive too, shouldn't it?

Theros on
  • Options
    edited August 2009
    WTF did you do... or not do to get a $3K repair bill.

Now is that $3K Canadian or $3K American?

Qs23 on
    PASig.gif
  • Options
    teh1337ninj4teh1337ninj4 Registered User regular
    edited August 2009
    Theros wrote: »
    Ohai! So I took the car I intend to drive in for an expensive, and came out with a two page parts list that totalled more than $3000 before taxes and labor.

Apparently it scared the mechanics. That should make it scary to drive too, shouldn't it?

uh if it scares mechanics then yeah I would stay away from it

teh1337ninj4 on
  • Options
    edited August 2009
    Yikes, what happened Theros? Not fun. =(

So the following just happened yesterday:

My friend Adam just got offered a job (Yay! He's been hunting for a real day job for some time now without any luck so I'm happy for him on that! He felt pretty sure that he wasn't going to be getting the job though), which was the aforementioned extremely unlikely scenario where he thought he might not be able to go on the CCST if it happened (boo =( ), but he said they seemed open to letting him start after he gets back from PAX (Yay!), but he said he's not certain yet and he has to get back to me on it (boo =( ), so I'm going to keep you all posted as soon as I get any information at all. He feels fairly sure that they'll accept his proposition for starting the job in mid September instead of the start of September, but he's going to let me know as soon as he finds out.

I'll keep you all posted as soon as I find anything out. Though Adam feels fairly confident that they'll let him wait to start the job, I don't feel as confident of it. =(

VThornheart on
  • Options
    edited August 2009
    Good news! I have received the PAX Forum Member Badges from Kropotkin via the most Royal of Royal Posts. They look amazing!

Rius on
  • Options
    TherosTheros Registered User regular
    edited August 2009
    Most of the issues stem from chrysler's legendary build quality in the early 2000s. It's all stuff we'be fixed before that is now worn out or broken again.

Theros on
  • Options
    edited August 2009
    Yikes, what happened Theros? Not fun. =(

So the following just happened yesterday:

My friend Adam just got offered a job (Yay! He's been hunting for a real day job for some time now without any luck so I'm happy for him on that! He felt pretty sure that he wasn't going to be getting the job though), which was the aforementioned extremely unlikely scenario where he thought he might not be able to go on the CCST if it happened (boo =( ), but he said they seemed open to letting him start after he gets back from PAX (Yay!), but he said he's not certain yet and he has to get back to me on it (boo =( ), so I'm going to keep you all posted as soon as I get any information at all. He feels fairly sure that they'll accept his proposition for starting the job in mid September instead of the start of September, but he's going to let me know as soon as he finds out.

I'll keep you all posted as soon as I find anything out. Though Adam feels fairly confident that they'll let him wait to start the job, I don't feel as confident of it. =(

So wait... are we supposed to be "Yay!" or "BOO!" ?

Qs23 on
    PASig.gif
  • Options
    edited August 2009
    I'm so confused!

Moe Fwacky on
    E6LkoFK.png

• Options
    edited August 2009
    Well... now it's a boo with a small yay. (Edit: Well, it's a personal yay, but a boo from a CCST perspective... er, you know what I mean... I don't mean to seem like I don't like that my friend got a job, I'm very happy for him =) )

I feel glad that Adam got the job, because he definitely needed it... but I talked to him today, and he's not going to PAX at all. =(

Good news for someone potentially: there's a BYOC seat and a PAX ticket that he can give away or sell for cheap.

Bad news: I'm now driverless.

So, the appeal, to any of you who've been watching this thread from New England and unsure whether you wanted to go. If you:

A) Want to go to PAX
    B) Are from New England
    C) Can drive without spinning off of the road or crashing into anything
    D) Can take the two weeks off in September to make the drive there and back again

Please post here, I'd love to have you on the trip! Let me know!

VThornheart on
This discussion has been closed.