Club PA 2.0 has arrived! If you'd like to access some extra PA content and help support the forums, check it out at patreon.com/ClubPA
The image size limit has been raised to 1mb! Anything larger than that should be linked to. This is a HARD limit, please do not abuse it.
Our new Indie Games subforum is now open for business in G&T. Go and check it out, you might land a code for a free game. If you're developing an indie game and want to post about it, follow these directions. If you don't, he'll break your legs! Hahaha! Seriously though.
Our rules have been updated and given their own forum. Go and look at them! They are nice, and there may be new ones that you didn't know about! Hooray for rules! Hooray for The System! Hooray for Conforming!

Glasses/clothes/shoes thread

1575859606163»

• MysstMysst King Monkey of Hedonism IslandRegistered User regular
    edited August 2009
    MrMonroe wrote: »
    Reckless wrote: »
    Butters wrote: »
    Negative. Their stuff is cheaply made and it looks like it. You can get better quality clothes for cheap when other stores have sales.

I have to disagree. While I would recommend taking advantage of sales elsewhere while they're going on, I really like what H&M has to offer.

Then again I am a 20-year-old college kid so I'm not exactly a fashion connoisseur, I just like what I've gotten there and usually receive complements on my purchases. But, again, college, so anything above a t-shirt and jeans makes you stand out in the positive.

the only thing H&M sells other than t-shirts and jeans is ugly jackets, sweaters, and shoes in funny colors. They make you look less classy than just jeans & a t-shirt

they are, as we speak, focusing their "Style Guide" for men on how to look more like Kurt fucking Cobain
    ooh, they sell guns now?

Mysst on
    ikbUJdU.jpg
    Twitter Steam Playstation- Mechaphiliac
  • ButtersButters A glass of some milks Registered User regular
    edited August 2009
    He's not joking though. That "style guide" is nothing but a blueprint for how to look like a complete shitheel.

Butters on
    PSN: idontworkhere582 | CFN: idontworkhere | Steam: lordbutters
  • KrunkMcGrunkKrunkMcGrunk Registered User regular
    edited August 2009
    H&M sells nice, inexpensive button-ups. And some decent dress pants. But if you follow their style-guide you will look hipster as fuuuuck.

KrunkMcGrunk on
    mrsatansig.png
  • RecklessReckless Registered User
    edited August 2009
    H&M sells nice, inexpensive button-ups. And some decent dress pants. But if you follow their style-guide you will look hipster as fuuuuck.

This. I agree that their style guide is absolutely ridiculous. However, I'm pretty confident in my ability to dress myself in ways other than in the exact wardrobe a shop's magazine suggests I should.

Most store style guides reduce their models to stereotypes and caricatures anyway. They're good for ideas, but mimicking them absolutely is an express train to the loss of your originality and character.

Reckless on
    Arch wrote: »
    That much sex will make you stay with ANY kind of crazy bitch.
  • LiiyaLiiya Registered User regular
    edited August 2009
    Reckless wrote: »
    Most store style guides reduce their models to stereotypes and caricatures anyway. They're good for ideas, but mimicking them absolutely is an express train to the loss of your originality and character.

H&M have nice clothes, just a long as you don't put them together like they do on the mannequins then you'll look fine. They seem to think that everyone works in fashion and that its okay to wear bright and patterned shirts/tops to work, but for a lot the dress code is just plain black :(

The only trouble I have with H&M is that I can't buy their jeans/trousers as they're too tall for me.

Liiya on
  • laughingfuzzballlaughingfuzzball Registered User regular
    edited August 2009
    If you want to look like your clothes came from Wal-Mart ten years ago, H&M is great.

laughingfuzzball on
  • Kuribo's ShoeKuribo's Shoe Kuribo's Stocking North PoleRegistered User regular
    edited August 2009
    got a lot of fuckin' snobs around here

Kuribo's Shoe on
    xmassig2.gif
    edited August 2009
    If you want to look like your clothes came from Wal-Mart ten years ago, H&M is great.

Ha ha ha ha ha! Exactly.

Butters on
  • KlykaKlyka DO you have any SPARE BATTERIES?Registered User regular
    edited August 2009
    Is this like H&M in America or are you also talking about Europe?

Because, man, I buy a lot of expensive clothes online and so on but I also own a ton of H&M stuff because I can buy like, 5 shirts for 100€, that are well made, look great and no one can ever tell that they are from H&M.

Klyka on
    SC2 EU ID Klyka.110
    lTDyp.jpg
    edited August 2009
    Klyka wrote: »
    Is this like H&M in America or are you also talking about Europe?

Because, man, I buy a lot of expensive clothes online and so on but I also own a ton of H&M stuff because I can buy like, 5 shirts for 100€, that are well made, look great and no one can ever tell that they are from H&M.

This is what I was thinking, the stuff I buy doesn't look cheap from H&M. Maybe the stores differ, I don't know.

Liiya on
  • edited August 2009
    I think maybe H&M in the US is terrible

Because H&M in Europe has had lines by Karl Lagerfeld

And you can't exactly say that looks like crap

bongi on
  • OrikaeshigitaeOrikaeshigitae Registered User, ClubPA regular
    edited August 2009
    i bought these and like them

Orikaeshigitae on
  • edited August 2009
    Plus I mean you shouldn't really ever take Butters' word on fashion seriously I'm pretty sure he is the kind of guy who wears a button up short sleeve shirt and khaki shorts and thinks it looks great

bongi on
  • a5ehrena5ehren AtlantaRegistered User regular
    edited August 2009
    got a lot of fuckin' snobs around here

For real. I'm wearing a $15 polo shirt and $16 Dockers khakis (clearance rack woo!) I got at Kohl's. Then again, I'm already married and work at an engineering firm, so no one cares what I wear anyway :P

a5ehren on
    edited August 2009
    bongi wrote: »
    Plus I mean you shouldn't really ever take Butters' word on fashion seriously I'm pretty sure he is the kind of guy who wears a button up short sleeve shirt and khaki shorts and thinks it looks great

I own no button-ups with short sleeves or khaki anything. I have not worn khakis since junior fucking prom.

Butters on
  • Josiah_9Josiah_9 Registered User regular
    edited August 2009
    Plus you have a number name. 8-)

Josiah_9 on
  • edited August 2009
    Butters wrote: »
    bongi wrote: »

I own no button-ups with short sleeves or khaki anything. I have not worn khakis since junior fucking prom.
    I can see straight through your lies

bongi on
    edited August 2009
    I am very fortunate to work for a company that has no dress code. I wear jeans every day.

Butters on
  • Kuribo's ShoeKuribo's Shoe Kuribo's Stocking North PoleRegistered User regular
    edited August 2009
    but very high quality jeans specifically tailored for your bony whitebread ass

Kuribo's Shoe on
    xmassig2.gif
    edited August 2009
    I wish I could jazz up my work clothes a bit, black top, black jumper, black trousers, black apron, black shoes. Its a bit depressing.

Liiya on
    edited August 2009
    ok i guess i'll lock dis thread

Orikaeshigitae on
    edited August 2009
    feel free to move clothing discussion to the shopping thread

Orikaeshigitae on
This discussion has been closed.