As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

Crazy Girlfriend/Boyfriend Stories

• KistraKistra Registered User regular
    edited August 2009
    TeaSpoon wrote: »
    Jean wrote: »
    Ludious wrote: »
    Halfmex wrote: »
    Lets just all agree that Jean is a living example of a crazy boyfriend.
    Nah, that's not so much crazy as it is just an issue of being more invested in the relationship than the other party. Happens pretty often. Crazy would be if he were still showing up at her door months after they'd broken up demanding that they be together.

The crazy part is where he didn't get the hint and then called her over and over again and then talked to her daddy for 30 minutes.

Her father did most of the talking actually. I'd say I was listening for 27 of those 30 minutes.

And if you guys think I was crazy or immature for wanting an explanation, so be it!

I know I was far from perfect, but I dont think I deserved such a treatment. Anyways, it's all in the past now and I learnt important lessons from this short lived relationship so it's not like it was a complete waste.
    I'm with Jean.

This girl starts brushing him off (instead of being upfront about wanting to break up) and that's supposed to be adult behavior? If it's lame to break up by email, it's worse to just wait for the guy to go away. Sure, the correct thing to do would be to just accept it and move on, but what Jean did was far less immature than what she did. And certainly not crazy.

Was he really that bad for wanting some closure or certainty? Or wanting to make her actually commit to breaking up by way of a serious conversation. It's not like he stalked her. A few phone calls, was all.

Closure after two weeks?

And she was being incredibly immature. But her being immature doesn't automatically make his behavior appropriate. Seriously, talking to her dad is weird.

Kistra on
    Animal Crossing: City Folk Lissa in Filmore 3179-9580-0076
  • SpawnbrokerSpawnbroker Registered User regular
    edited August 2009
    JebusUD wrote: »
    Alright, so, I had a pretty pathetic dating life through most of high school with a series of crazy girls. You know, this girl.

Fuck you man, some of us have work to do.

Spawnbroker on
    Steam: Spawnbroker
  • JeanJean Heartbroken papa bear Gatineau, QuébecRegistered User regular
    edited August 2009
    Kistra wrote: »
    Nah, that's not so much crazy as it is just an issue of being more invested in the relationship than the other party. Happens pretty often. Crazy would be if he were still showing up at her door months after they'd broken up demanding that they be together.

The crazy part is where he didn't get the hint and then called her over and over again and then talked to her daddy for 30 minutes.

Her father did most of the talking actually. I'd say I was listening for 27 of those 30 minutes.

And if you guys think I was crazy or immature for wanting an explanation, so be it!

I know I was far from perfect, but I dont think I deserved such a treatment. Anyways, it's all in the past now and I learnt important lessons from this short lived relationship so it's not like it was a complete waste.
    I'm with Jean.

This girl starts brushing him off (instead of being upfront about wanting to break up) and that's supposed to be adult behavior? If it's lame to break up by email, it's worse to just wait for the guy to go away. Sure, the correct thing to do would be to just accept it and move on, but what Jean did was far less immature than what she did. And certainly not crazy.

Was he really that bad for wanting some closure or certainty? Or wanting to make her actually commit to breaking up by way of a serious conversation. It's not like he stalked her. A few phone calls, was all.

Closure after two weeks?

And she was being incredibly immature. But her being immature doesn't automatically make his behavior appropriate. Seriously, talking to her dad is weird.

I should had specified she still lives with her parents, so I called at her dad's place hoping she'd be they're and I could get to talk to her. Shen ever answered her cell phone.

When her dad answered I just explained I was trying to reach her. That's when he started the big talk with me.

Jean on
    "You won't destroy us, You won't destroy our democracy. We are a small but proud nation. No one can bomb us to silence. No one can scare us from being Norway. This evening and tonight, we'll take care of each other. That's what we do best when attacked'' - Jens Stoltenberg
    edited August 2009
    Kistra wrote: »

I'm with Jean.

Closure after two weeks?

I should had specified she still lives with her parents, so I called at her dad's place hoping she'd be they're and I could get to talk to her. Shen ever answered her cell phone.

When her dad answered I just explained I was trying to reach her. That's when he started the big talk with me.

See the problem here is, what sense of closure did you get from badgering her until her father had to tell you that she isn't that into you any more? What is the problem with just taking the hint in the first place and moving on? Women do this kind of shit, don't obsessively call them until family members have to tell you to stop being a douche.

Hell, guys do it too. Nobody likes to tell someone to stop calling them...they just don't answer their phone until the other person takes the hint.

Spawnbroker on
  • OptimusZedOptimusZed Registered User regular
    edited August 2009
    That's when he started the big talk with me.

Probably because he wanted you to stop stalking his daughter. I'd probably have done the same in his place.

Trust me, man. I've been that kind of crazy boyfriend, though luckily for me I seem to have been slightly more self-aware about it than you. She's not the crazy one here. Immature, and confrontation adverse, sure, but not crazy.

That's all on you.

OptimusZed on
    We're reading Rifts. You should too. You know you want to. Now With Ninjas!

They tried to bury us. They didn't know that we were seeds. 2018 Midterms. Get your shit together.
  • chamberlainchamberlain Registered User regular
    edited August 2009
    This thread on top of a good chunk of the old S&E thread have made me very glad that I didn't date in high school at all.

This also may or may not be an attempt to justify my boring, boring adolesence.

chamberlain on
  • TheFullMetalChickenTheFullMetalChicken Registered User regular
    edited August 2009
    I had a crazy girlfriend once. In fact this story is about the biggest craziest chick. She was so insane that the first time I ever heard my mom use the word fuck it was because of this girl.

When I was a senior in high school I was still a virgin and just started dating her. She was the one in charge of our sexual pace from the start and things were how they usually are for the first few months till it came time for sex, for the first time. then things slowed down, fooling around once a week, then once a month, and then they stopped. And this wasn't a "hey we haven't had sex in a while" this was a her saying and I quote "No more sex."

I thought well we'll just go back to 3rd base which is what didn't happen. For the next few months nothing good night and hello kisses was about it. Now we had both saved up some money to go see a concert in Toronto and we worked out with a friend of her family to go up to there apartment and stay the day before and the day after. We got up there on one of the last trains and by the time we got there and had eaten it was around 10:30pm. I decided to call it a night she fallowed soon after.

A soon as the door closed she was naked and on top of me (:winky: that was new) and after a pretty aggressive few minutes she got off me and went to sleep. The next morning we get up eat with the people we were staying with and they head off to work, and again as soon as the door slams shes on me and she wasn't to be stopped by anything. For the first 3 minutes it was fucking awesome after 30 minutes it was fun after an hour I'd hit the wall and ask for a break. I got one for 2 minutes enough time to get water, some food, and get into the shower then she was back. I have never had more forced miles added onto my penis's odometer in two days time in my life.

TheFullMetalChicken on
    edited August 2009
    Wait, what? A few calls after being stood up to know what's going on= stalking now?

Seriously, what the fucking fuck guys.

Seriously... We set up a rendez-vous 5 says in advance. I don't try to come in contact with her in any way during those 5 days.. she cancel at the last second... I make a few phone calls because I want to know what's going on... and that makes a stalker?

Jean on
    "You won't destroy us, You won't destroy our democracy. We are a small but proud nation. No one can bomb us to silence. No one can scare us from being Norway. This evening and tonight, we'll take care of each other. That's what we do best when attacked'' - Jens Stoltenberg
  • DynagripDynagrip Break me a million hearts HoustonRegistered User, ClubPA regular
    edited August 2009
    Wait, what? A few calls after being stood up to know what's going on= stalking now?

Seriously... We set up a rendez-vous 5 says in advance. I don't try to contact in any way with her during those 5 days.. she cancel at the last second... I make a few phone calls because I want to know what's going on... and that makes a stalker?

The forums just aren't that into you.

Dynagrip on
  • FeralFeral MEMETICHARIZARD interior crocodile alligator ⇔ ǝɹʇɐǝɥʇ ǝᴉʌoɯ ʇǝloɹʌǝɥɔ ɐ ǝʌᴉɹp ᴉRegistered User regular
    edited August 2009

Seriously... We set up a rendez-vous 5 says in advance. I don't try to contact in any way with her during those 5 days.. she cancel at the last second... I make a few phone calls because I want to know what's going on... and that makes a stalker?

The way you described it made it sound like you called over and over again continuously until her dad finally picked up the phone.

Feral on
    every person who doesn't like an acquired taste always seems to think everyone who likes it is faking it. it should be an official fallacy.

the "no true scotch man" fallacy.
    edited August 2009

How long did the period where you were calling and being ignored by the girl you'd been "seeing" for a week last, man?

Because if it took you longer than about 24 hours to take that hint, you're bordering into "I should probably carry pepperspray and a rape whistle" territory.

OptimusZed on

They tried to bury us. They didn't know that we were seeds. 2018 Midterms. Get your shit together.
  • HalfmexHalfmex I mock your value system You also appear foolish in the eyes of othersRegistered User regular
    edited August 2009
    Yeah, you guys are taking things a bit too far here. Even if he didn't "take the hint", that doesn't make him a stalker, it makes him, at worst, a bit too invested in that relationship for the time elapsed. The 'stalker' bit is overstating things drastically.

Halfmex on
  • SageinaRageSageinaRage Registered User regular
    edited August 2009
    Hell, guys do it too. Nobody likes to tell someone to stop calling them...they just don't answer their phone until the other person takes the hint.

Because communication is important, and passive-aggressiveness isn't good?

Seriously, calling something off, even something only two weeks long, by avoiding conversation is just childish. Wanting an explanation for why it was called off is not irrational or crazy.

SageinaRage on
    sig.gif
    edited August 2009
    Feral wrote: »

The way you described it made it sound like you called over and over again continuously until her dad finally picked up the phone.

I called every few hours. I called maybe 3-4 times total before her father answered. I believe he would had answered the first time had he been actually in the house then.
    The forums just aren't that into you.

:lol: Good one.

Jean on
  • FeralFeral MEMETICHARIZARD interior crocodile alligator ⇔ ǝɹʇɐǝɥʇ ǝᴉʌoɯ ʇǝloɹʌǝɥɔ ɐ ǝʌᴉɹp ᴉRegistered User regular
    edited August 2009
    I called every few hours. I called maybe 3-4 times total before her father answered.

Okay, I got the wrong impression from your first post.

Feral on
    every person who doesn't like an acquired taste always seems to think everyone who likes it is faking it. it should be an official fallacy.

the "no true scotch man" fallacy.
    edited August 2009
    Yeah, you guys are taking things a bit too far here. Even if he didn't "take the hint", that doesn't make him a stalker, it makes him, at worst, a bit too invested in that relationship for the time elapsed. The 'stalker' bit is overstating things drastically.
    Maybe I'm reading too much into his unwillingness to just let the extremely short relationship lapse.

I know if a guy one of my female friends was no longer actively seeing was calling her every few hours, though, it wouldn't be long before we'd be exchanging some words to try and head off something uglier.

OptimusZed on

edited August 2009
    Dude, I stated pretty clearly I didn't contacted her since we broke up. We weren't officially broke up when I called her father's place. I broke up with her shortly - not even a full 24 hours - after that talk

She wanted to stay friends but I refused. I wanted to move on ASAP.

I should had never posted in this thread

Jean on
    edited August 2009
    Dude, I stated pretty clearly I didn't contacted her since we broke up. We weren't officially broke up when I called her father's place. I broke up with her shortly - not even a full 24 hours - after that talk

She wanted to stay friends but I refused. I wanted to move on ASAP.

I should had never posted in this thread
    Your initial post left it pretty nebulous as far as the length of time between the time she started blowing you off and the missed meeting. The impression I got was that you were trying to contact her regularly during that time and receiving either no answer or extremely limited conversation. And there was nothing to say whether this went on for 6 hours, 6 days or 6 weeks.

I'm sorry if my interpretation of the situation doesn't match yours, but I'm not working with perfect information about your life either, pal. Just what you give me.

OptimusZed on

• GungHoGungHo Registered User regular
    edited August 2009
    How come I never meet anyone who would go for the alien sex cult thing?
    Arch wrote: »
    Well it DID re-collapse one night and Pepper refused to drive her to the hospital. (I lived a few hours away) My girlfriend had to call someone to come drive her to the hospital on a motorcycle because her roomate was too mad about <3 "Stealing me from her".
    Sounds like Pepper needs to meet Alien Sex Cult guy.

Anyway, I don't really have much crazy to bring to the table.

My ex wife bought a $10k Hermes bag on the AMEX without saying anything to me (she had no job). Two weeks later, I came home early from work and found her cheating on me, and after I explained to the guy that he could have her, but good luck trying to pay for her, I kicked them both out of my house half-naked. She never re-entered Casa GungHo (put all her shit in the garage), and was surprised that debt is also divied out in divorce court, and all fianancial snapshots begin at the day of seperation/filing (I filed the next day). She ended up selling the purse to pay court fees and for the lawyer. (hah)

I once met a girl over the net and she asked me to have anal sex with her, and I obliged. After we were done she went to clean up and then came out of the bathroom wearing a strap-on and told me it was my turn. That was... different and unexpected (never even sorta discussed whether or not that would be cool).

GungHo on
  • OmeksOmeks Registered User regular
    edited August 2009
    To some extent, the stories in this thread make me glad my sex life is non-existent. To some extent...

However, I suppose I could provide a small story. It's probably not crazy to most but at the time, my friend and his girlfriend's behavior made me o_O at them all the time.

At any rate, my friend, referred to as D had a...varied sex life in high school. I remember the first girl he dated and fucked (around 14) was insane, had a mother who smoked pot, and while looking hot, apparently was just al kinds of fucked up. This wasn't the girl I'm remembering though.

His next girlfriend was a long-term one, but she probably slept around a lot while they were dating (for all I know, he was too). Whenever D came up to hang out, he spent a majority of his time on the phone with her, arguing and yelling at her. To a degree, this story also features D as a crazy boyfriend, so there's a point for that counter. Practically any time she was with another guy, he would become the most paranoid person, pretty much telling her he didn't like her company. I have no idea how this relationship lasted from our sophomore year of high school until somewhere around my junior year of college (it was off and on at some points).
    A fucked up side-note: one guy that she hung out with constantly made D insanely jealous. I was hanging out with my friend one night when she calls in a hysterical tone. Turns out this guy had been riding down the road, no doubt drunk, with his head hanging out the window. Well, according to the next day's paper, some guy had clipped his head on a telephone pole and died instantly. This was what she was freaking out about. D's reaction to the event was one of complete disinterest, no doubt because he hated the guy out of perceived sexing of his girlfriend. This was obvious enough that she called him out about it over the phone while, yes, I was there. I had a lot of headaches from these two's conversations as I was around for a lot of them...

Anyways, one night about a year or two into their relationship, D's parents go out of town. He was known for having wild parties at their house and wasn't to be trusted, but his parents trusted me so much (I was kind of a goodie-two shoes) that they left him with my household. Yeah, that's right, my parents were babysitting a 15 year-old. This doesn't stop D from doing the bizarre move of letting his friends use his parents house to have a party, one he couldn't attend since he was being monitored by my parents. Yeah I don't know either. His girl was at this party, as was a guy who is now known for being kind of a messed up sexual...drunk fucker or something, I don't know (maybe I'll save him for another story down thread). Well, when D went down to clean the house up the next morning he finds, yes, that's right kids, a condom wrapper on the floor. Pretty sure she was the only girl there, and it was pinpointed that this guy, referred to as G, had sexed her up, despite her denial. I think this is probably what set off the paranoia on D's part.

So where are they now? They broke up finally. The girl became pregnant, thankfully not by D, and later came up to another friend at a bar wasted to say 'hi.' No, she had delivered the baby already, thank god.

My friend, meanwhile, struck up a relationship with a junior in high school (around my junior year of college, fully a whole school curriculum ahead of her). I know what you're thinking, but they're still together and they actually make a pretty good couple compared to his previous relationships. However, he's in the Army now, and she, just having graduated high school, is going off to college in a couple weeks...

Omeks on
    Online Info (Click Spoiler for More):
    |Xbox Live Tag: Omeks
    |PSN Tag: Omeks_R7
    |Rock Band: Profile|DLC Collection
    Omeks.png
  • MT_MaxMT_Max MontanaRegistered User regular
    edited August 2009
    I once met a girl over the net and she asked me to have anal sex with her, and I obliged. After we were done she went to clean up and then came out of the bathroom wearing a strap-on and told me it was my turn. That was... different and unexpected (never even sorta discussed whether or not that would be cool).

Certainly you did it too because otherwise you would have said you had her bite the curb. :winky:

MT_Max on
    edited August 2009
    MT_Max wrote: »
    Certainly you did it too because otherwise you would have said you had her bite the curb. :winky:
    Well, she looked so hopeful...

GungHo on
    edited August 2009

Because communication is important, and passive-aggressiveness isn't good?

Seriously, calling something off, even something only two weeks long, by avoiding conversation is just childish. Wanting an explanation for why it was called off is not irrational or crazy.

As unfortunate as it is, the reality remains that most people do avoid those kinds of conversations. I'm not saying I do this, I'm saying it's important to recognize that most people are, in fact, passive-aggressive and childish when it comes to communication in relationships. That's why it's so hard to find a good partner, welcome to the dating world!

Spawnbroker on
  • CommunistCowCommunistCow Abstract Metal ThingyRegistered User regular
    edited August 2009
    I just have crazy incidents like a gf of mine asked me to help her repaint her bathroom. So I was going to bleach the ceiling to get rid of the mold before re-primering and repainting it. I asked if I could use some ski goggles to protect my eyes from dripping bleach and she flipped out at me and told me I should be more of a man. I guess she likes her men to risk blindness.

There are many more but probably not amusing enough for this thread.

CommunistCow on
    No, I am not really communist. Yes, it is weird that I use this name.
  • ResIpsaLoquiturResIpsaLoquitur Not a grammar nazi, just alt-write. Registered User regular
    edited August 2009
    GungHo wrote: »

I will point out that you haven't actually finished that story.

Mine only sort of qualifies as Crazy Girlfriend story because we hadn't quite reached that stage yet. Nice girl, clicked just great, lots in common, smart as a whip, really thought it might go somewhere even as "going somewhere" wasn't at the time on my list of priorities or expectations.

We're walking after a coffee date and she makes an odd comment that takes me a bit to process. In short, she explained that she never really felt comfortable spending time around her nieces because she had once been possessed by a demon when she was younger, and is terrified that she might let her guard down and would be repossessed and then it pass to one of the kiddos.

It ended soon after.

ResIpsaLoquitur on
    League of Legends: MichaelDominick; Blizzard(NA): MichaelD#11402; Steam ID: MichaelDominick
    PwH4Ipj.jpg
  • MT_MaxMT_Max MontanaRegistered User regular
    edited August 2009
    We're walking after a coffee date and she makes an odd comment that takes me a bit to process. In short, she explained that she never really felt comfortable spending time around her nieces because she had once been possessed by a demon when she was younger, and is terrified that she might let her guard down and would be repossessed and then it pass to one of the kiddos.

It ended soon after.

That is awesome!

MT_Max on
  • JihadJesusJihadJesus Registered User regular
    edited August 2009
    On the topic of this thread, let me put it this way...

I dated my first girlfriend when I was 14, a freshman in high school. During the time we dated (about 6 whole months) she confided that she had been sexually abused by her step-dad. Within the next year she run away from home (multiple times), dropped out of school, and was pregnant from a brief (and abusive) relationship with a crackhead.

With the exception of my wife this is probably the most sane person I ever dated, and she's the only one I'm not literally embarassed to admit I was even attracted to at some point. I think that should just about tell you enough.

JihadJesus on
  • Penguin_OtakuPenguin_Otaku Registered User regular
    edited August 2009
    Ex got mad at me because I had to go to work one time. She was pretty fucking crazy.

She also was allowed to text any guy she wanted and my paranoia was "OMG U DO NUT TRUZT MEZ!!!" and whenever I got a text from a girl or she got wind I was hanging out with my girl friends, she flipped shit and all hell broke loose.

She then accused me of assault and battery at a basketball game which... was just all kinds of troubles.

Penguin_Otaku on
    sig-1.jpg
  • darthmixdarthmix Registered User regular
    edited August 2009
    My first girlfriend ever started seeing another guy when I was still dating her. This was in high school. I found out, and she tried to convince me to keep dating her, even though she was still seeing him. I said, uh, no, that's okay actually, you guys have fun. Then she sent her older brother to wait outside of the school one day and beat me up. I don't know what she told him I did, but when he confronted me I explained things and he was like "wait, what? Fuck her."

My second girlfriend ever - still high school - mentioned just as we were getting close that she'd recently gotten herself tested for every STD in the book after having been raped at a party a year before I met her. Everything was negative. She was also on birth control pills which she said helped with a back problem. So I proceeded to do probably the stupidest thing I've ever done in my life: I had unprotected sex with her. About a month later she told me she was going with one of her girlfriends to get herself tested for HIV. She couldn't have been worried about getting it from me - I'd been a virgin before her, and I'd told her so - so I asked what she was worried about, since she'd already been tested. "Oh, I actually never got tested for HIV. Everything else, though."

Happily, she was negative. So was I, when I got myself tested six months later, well after our breakup.

My love life has been comparatively sane since high school.

darthmix on
  • Abba ZabaothAbba Zabaoth Registered User regular
    edited August 2009
    I dated a pathological liar. I eventually found out that pretty much all the basic facts about her life as I knew them were false. It took a while, because the stuff she would lie about was stuff you don't normally question, and it was really hard to check facts, and some of it was true. I still have no idea what sort of person she actually was, it's sort of bizarre.

Abba Zabaoth on
    edited August 2009
    Ex got mad at me because I had to go to work one time. She was pretty fucking crazy.

She also was allowed to text any guy she wanted and my paranoia was "OMG U DO NUT TRUZT MEZ!!!" and whenever I got a text from a girl or she got wind I was hanging out with my girl friends, she flipped shit and all hell broke loose.

She then accused me of assault and battery at a basketball game which... was just all kinds of troubles.

It's always nice to hear of crazy ex girlfriend stories where I was actually following the Help / Advice thread that involved said crazy ex :P

Spawnbroker on
  • MelksterMelkster Registered User regular
    edited August 2009
    These stories really make me think that our intellectual development does not happen fast enough. It outpaces our sexual development. Hence all the ridiculous insanity above.

A sad byproduct of our decade-long adolescence, I suppose.

Melkster on
  • wenchkillawenchkilla Registered User regular
    edited August 2009
    Oh, I've been waiting for this thread for a while.

I dated a "crazy" girl for 3 and a half years. The reason I put it into quotation marks, is she is only slightly crazy: the other part is devilishly clever, manipulative, and incredibly selfish. All the signs were there, it just took me far too long to realize them, because I was an idiot. Let me repeat that. I am an absolute idiot for putting up with her for so long. Please don't tell me what a dumbass I am - I know, I spent a year kicking myself for letting this go on, it was my first relationship, she was absolutely gorgeous, and I was "in love".

Started off with little things, like hitting me in the face because I refused to give a bunch of in-game money and items to her character in the Animal Crossing town we made. This is just one of the many similar examples I remember. Others involve getting higher level than her at WoW, not playing the character she made for in Mass Effect (that one was more recent), etc.

Then there was a night when we were hanging out with my older neighbors (I was 19 at the time), and they had given me a beer. I was completely sober, but being somewhat responsible and aware of the Zero Tolerance for Minors driving laws in Washington state, I decided I should not drive. She insisted on going home immediately, lest her father (who, by the way, is a heroin addict) gets upset. I say, okay, if you have to get home you have to get home, but I am not getting a DUI at 19, which would get me kicked out of college, seriously jeopardize my immigration status, and generally fuck up the rest of my life. So, I say, you drive. She only has a permit, but I had let her drive my car before, and she seemed like a good driver.
    For some reason these circumstances make her upset at me, so she decides to drive very, very fast. I tell her to slow down, with no result. We are on a backroad in the middle of the night, so I figure, whatever, she's not an idiot, it'll be okay. She runs a stop sign where she should be taking a right. As she runs it I tell her not to do that, and that we had to turn right, assuming she will slow down and turn around. She attempts a 90 degree right turn in the middle of an intersection at about 80 mph in a rear wheel drive car. The car goes off to an empty lot, comes so close to an oak tree that the passenger side mirror is ripped off by it, goes up a small hill, takes a brief flight, and nosedives into the ground. Needless to say, my poor baby, a '94 Infiniti, is totaled.

Six months later, she takes her driver's license test, and gets 100%.

Throughout the relationship she is generally too clingy - making me stay at her house until 1-2 am when I have an 8:30 class the next day (I commuted 40 minutes each way to university by bus), refusing to leave my car when I'm dropping her off if she wants me to stay, or literally standing in front of it to prevent me from leaving. If I don't call her to say goodnight everyday, she is angry. If we don't see each other Fri-Sat-Sun + 1 day in the middle of the week, she is livid, regardless of how much work I have at school. She hates my mom and frequently bitches about her - even though my mom allowed her to live with us for a year, when things were particularly bad with her father. She yells at my dog for being stupid (He's not the brightest, but he is affectionate and loving), and gets mad at me when I give him attention (pet him) when we're hanging out. She insists on coming over even when I tell her I am VERY busy, and then gets upset when I spend time doing work or homework the whole time she's there.

She hangs out with guys that obviously are trying to sleep with her, citing it as them just being friendly, even when they openly say it. She never cheated on me, but boy did she love the additional male attention.

She breaks up with me because after my 21st birthday, I started consuming alcohol (the above story put an end to any underage drinking I did) and she thinks I will become an alcoholic, because I am Russian. (Sidenote - she hated all Russian people other than me and took every chance to insult the primitiveness of my heritage and peasant culture - you guessed it ladies and gentlemen, she was mostly French.) It is important to note that my consumption of alcohol, which was FAR too much for her, was grabbing a few beers with friends at Trivia night. She said that she couldn't see the relationship continuing because if we lived together she would allow no alcohol in her house. Oh, did I mention that her plan after I graduated was to move in with me in the apartment I would get, and pay for nothing while going to school, because her degree was "too difficult", and she had an unpaid internship afterward? This was not something I ever suggested or endorsed - she assumed it.

After she broke up with me, she continued to string me along, taking her on expensive dates (I had a well paying internship at the time), thinking maybe she would take me back, while fooling around with every guy that had paid attention to her while we dated, including trying to fool around with my best friend - to his credit, I personally told him it was cool to hang out with her, and at a certain point he stopped her and said "You are really REALLY hot, but I really can't do this." I love this man and don't hold anything against him in the slightest. We laughed about it quite a bit later.

She is now dating a guy (actually having met him on several occasions, he is a great guy, and I feel very very bad for him) who is an ex-heroin, ex-cocaine, and ex-lots of other stuff addict, and they smoke pot together, a LOT. Now, I'm all for the freedom to 420, but those of you who have been paying attention will find a fair bit of hilarity in this turn of events.

Last time I saw her she complained about how much she misses being with me physically and how great I was in bed and how she wishes she could date both me and her current boyfriend at the same time, without anyone being jealous. When I told her I was far too emotionally hurt by her to be attracted to her anymore, she started crying, until I told her I wasn't falling for it, at which point she immediately stopped and changed topics.

I hope my idiocy and suffering has provided you all with a fair bit of entertainment.

wenchkilla on
    gamingsig.jpg
    PSN/XBL: dragoniemx
    edited August 2009
    I dated a pathological liar. I eventually found out that pretty much all the basic facts about her life as I knew them were false. It took a while, because the stuff she would lie about was stuff you don't normally question, and it was really hard to check facts, and some of it was true. I still have no idea what sort of person she actually was, it's sort of bizarre.
    I had a friend in the military like that. He would come up with some of the craziest shit, and it turned out he lied about EVERYTHING when we tried to find him for a reunion. So much of it wasn't even trying to pull a fast one on us... it was just random shit, like talking about his sister when he had a brother, and saying his dad was dead and his mom raised him as a single parent when his dad was very much alive. He'd also talk about doing things in his childhood that weren't even possible. Not stuff like he grew up in Japan and was trained by ninjas, but stuff like that he owned a Super Intellivision when he was growing up. There was no such animal. Speaking of no such animal, he talked about his pet cat. He never owned a cat. We had the longest talk with his dad the ghost and his not-so-single mom. Never saw him. I thought we had the wrong goddamn house until I saw a photo of all of us on the mantle.

GungHo on
  • GammarahGammarah Registered User regular
    edited August 2009
    GungHo wrote: »
    How come I never meet anyone who would go for the alien sex cult thing?

Can I sig you?

Gammarah on
  • Gar kingGar king Registered User regular
    edited August 2009
    see stories like this are half the reason I never had a girlfriend

Gar king on
    Your sig is too tall. -Thanatos
    zel999.png
  • ThomamelasThomamelas Only one man can kill this many Russians. Bring his guitar to me! Registered User regular
    edited August 2009
    Gar king wrote: »

I really wouldn't let the thread influence the choice to date, beyond learning some wisdom from it.

Thomamelas on
  • GammarahGammarah Registered User regular
    edited August 2009
    wenchkilla wrote: »
    Last time I saw her she complained about how much she misses being with me physically and how great I was in bed and how she wishes she could date both me and her current boyfriend at the same time, without anyone being jealous. When I told her I was far too emotionally hurt by her to be attracted to her anymore, she started crying, until I told her I wasn't falling for it, at which point she immediately stopped and changed topics.

I hope my idiocy and suffering has provided you all with a fair bit of entertainment.

I HATE it when people do this. I get pissed just thinking about it. Its like the most horrible manipulation technique ever concieved.

Gammarah on
  • Gar kingGar king Registered User regular
    edited August 2009
    Thomamelas wrote: »
    Gar king wrote: »

I really wouldn't let the thread influence the choice to date, beyond learning some wisdom from it.

I was half kidding

Gar king on
    Your sig is too tall. -Thanatos
    zel999.png
  • ThomamelasThomamelas Only one man can kill this many Russians. Bring his guitar to me! Registered User regular
    edited August 2009
    Gammarah wrote: »
    wenchkilla wrote: »

I HATE it when people do this. I get pissed just thinking about it. Its like the most horrible manipulation technique ever concieved.

It's not. The single most horrible manipulation technique is "If you loved me, you would do/be/give/insert verb here". It puts the person on the receiving end in a position where they can feel that they have to prove their love, or that telling the person who says it to fuck off proves they don't love them.

Thomamelas on
This discussion has been closed.