As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Long downtime. Appologies and what it fixed

ÄlphämönkëyÄlphämönkëy Registered User regular
Ok so the downtime was not meant to take that long. I am sorry about that. There are good excuses, but I'm not one who is big on excuses.

On the plus side, that error of "cannot insert wordmatch" should not happen nearly as often (if at all). The site as a whole should be much snappier.

-Alpha

Techie Explination:
-We moved a ton of MyISAM tables to InnoDB. The transition took a while to execute, and then after finishing our webserver up and died. I wrote up a quick script for daemon tools and now it should bounce if the process crashes or if the process tries to run away.

Älphämönkëy on

• Options
    stiliststilist Registered User regular
    edited July 2005
    Yay! Thank'ee for the fix 'n all.

stilist on
    I poop things on my site and twitter
  • Options
    Mojo_JojoMojo_Jojo We are only now beginning to understand the full power and ramifications of sexual intercourse Registered User regular
    edited July 2005
    Hurray!

Mojo_Jojo on
    Homogeneous distribution of your varieties of amuse-gueule
  • Options
    ctishmanctishman Registered User regular
    edited July 2005
    Still can't log in with Safari, at all. :(

ctishman on
    WCTT_banner.gif
    Get the PAX 2008 Countdown widget and while away your sad, pathetic life watching it tick down the hours to PAX '08!
    http://homepage.mac.com/ctishman
  • Options
    FenloreFenlore Registered User regular
    edited July 2005
    I wondered what had happened last night

Fenlore on
  • Options
    dmitdmit Registered User regular
    edited July 2005
    Is it me or was session lifetime decreased? I get an impression that read/unread topics are reset much faster now than before.

dmit on
  • Options
    yeoyeo Registered User regular
    edited July 2005
    Thanks...:)

yeo on
  • Options
    Gabriel_PittGabriel_Pitt (effective against Russian warships) Registered User regular
    edited July 2005
    Thanks Alpha, we appreciate all the intraweb daemon wrestling you do on your behalf.

Gabriel_Pitt on
  • Options
    PheezerPheezer Registered User, ClubPA regular
    edited July 2005
    Alpha, I have questions.

Do you ever like, nickname the more troublesome daemons? Do you imagine that they're actually little imp like demons? Do you swear at the nicknames you've created for them? Like "Damnit hittipped I totally just told you to stop dicking around". Do you do that?

I sometimes do with my FreeBSD box at home. I just wanna know if I'm more or less insane than you are, is the thing.

Pheezer on
    IT'S GOT ME REACHING IN MY POCKET IT'S GOT ME FORKING OVER CASH
    CUZ THERE'S SOMETHING IN THE MIDDLE AND IT'S GIVING ME A RASH
  • Options
    ÄlphämönkëyÄlphämönkëy Registered User regular
    edited July 2005
    pheezer FD wrote:
    Alpha, I have questions.

Do you ever like, nickname the more troublesome daemons? Do you imagine that they're actually little imp like demons? Do you swear at the nicknames you've created for them? Like "Damnit hittipped I totally just told you to stop dicking around". Do you do that?

I sometimes do with my FreeBSD box at home. I just wanna know if I'm more or less insane than you are, is the thing.
    I run the gammit of things. I name them, threaten them, plead with them, offer sexual favors in exchange for uptime with them. They respond positivly to sexual favors, though MySQL is into some kinky S&M bondage stuff. :?

I think the site should run like a greased scotsman now. Let me know if this theory proves true.

Älphämönkëy on
  • Options
    PheezerPheezer Registered User, ClubPA regular
    edited July 2005
    pheezer FD wrote:
    Alpha, I have questions.

I run the gammit of things. I name them, threaten them, plead with them, offer sexual favors in exchange for uptime with them. They respond positivly to sexual favors, though MySQL is into some kinky S&M bondage stuff. :?

I think the site should run like a greased scotsman now. Let me know if this theory proves true.

It's pretty quick so far, but you'll have to wait for me to feel a little better before I get Kate to grease me up for a run around the block.

Pheezer on
    IT'S GOT ME REACHING IN MY POCKET IT'S GOT ME FORKING OVER CASH
    CUZ THERE'S SOMETHING IN THE MIDDLE AND IT'S GIVING ME A RASH