As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Graphic Violence Presents Contest: Silver Age Heroes and Villains! DEADLINE OVER

13»

• Options
    BlankspaceBlankspace __BANNED USERS regular
    edited August 2009
    I am A-Okay with skipping the hard to draw one

Blankspace on
    SIG.gif
  • Options
    The Lovely BastardThe Lovely Bastard Registered User regular
    edited August 2009
    plus we need to get a banging set of drawing for the myths and legends one

draw me some chupacabras

The Lovely Bastard on
    7656367.jpg
  • Options
    DelduwathDelduwath Registered User regular
    edited August 2009
    TLB I'm going to write a story about a yeti who shoots chupacabras from his mouth and rides around in a flying saucer shaped like the Loch Ness monster while watching the Zapruder film and faking the moon landing at the same time. Then, when you post your touching story about a young Mexican boy who sees his family killed by a multinational corporation hungry for their land and goes on to fight injustice as El Cupacabras, I will call you a plagiarist hack.

You can write about a chupacabra that shoots yetis out of his mouth, though.

Delduwath on
  • Options
    Golden YakGolden Yak Burnished Bovine The sunny beaches of CanadaRegistered User regular
    edited August 2009
    Yeah, I don't think you don't have to actually draw it. Just describe something that would make an artist's brains run out his ears, like 'a superhero who can punch you from every moment and dimension in time and space at once, forever, in one second.'

Attempting to draw it would fold the universe in on itself.

Golden Yak on
    H9f4bVe.png
  • Options
    edited August 2009
    Delduwath wrote: »
    TLB I'm going to write a story about a yeti who shoots chupacabras from his mouth and rides around in a flying saucer shaped like the Loch Ness monster while watching the Zapruder film and faking the moon landing at the same time. Then, when you post your touching story about a young Mexican boy who sees his family killed by a multinational corporation hungry for their land and goes on to fight injustice as El Cupacabras, I will call you a plagiarist hack.

You can write about a chupacabra that shoots yetis out of his mouth, though.

gonna ruin you

The Lovely Bastard on
    7656367.jpg
  • Options
    DJ EebsDJ Eebs Moderator, Administrator admin
    edited August 2009
    Ivan Romanoff worked on a collective farm in the Soviet Union, too weak to do anything but feed the animals. One day, while chasing down a rooster, a bizarre meteor with a glowing red dust trail slammed into the rooster he was pursuing, sending up a cloud of red dust. Thrown to the ground, Ivan inhaled the strange dust without realizing it. Choking on the dust, a massive swell of pain from swept him into unconsciousness...

He woke up in a strange laboratory, surrounded by men in lab coats. "Greetings, Mr. Romanoff," said one. "How would you like to wake up the world to the glories of Communism?"

Ivan grinned through the fog.

And so the RED ROOSTER was born!

COSTUME!:
    rooster.jpg

POWERS: Ivan is unsure where his powers came from, whether they were from the meteor or from his time in the Soviet laboratory. He doesn't really care, however, and hasn't bothered to do any research. His crow "wakes up the world to the glory of Communism," which is a fancy way of saying that he has a limited form of mind control. His legs, ruined in the accident, were replaced with razor sharp, iron talons that allow him to run at faster than human speeds. And his Steel Wings are used less for flying (he can't fly, that would be crazy) and are instead used as a form of self defense against bullets.

PERSONALITY: Ivan is 100% loyal to the Soviet Union. He believes in everything his country stands for, to the point of absurd fanaticism. He speaks extremely poor English, knowing only a few key phrases he uses with his "crow."

ACTIVITIES: The Red Rooster mainly sees action in countries bordering the Soviet Union, trying to expand the borders of the motherland. He has, on occasion, been sent into America to sow discord, but meddling, capitalist pig superheroes block him at every turn, and see him as a joke. His rage at America grows with each bark of laughter...

THE FUTURE: When the Cold War ends in Soviet defeat, Ivan, though already retired, sinks into a deep depression. He draws away from his family, his metal legs and wings long destroyed and lost, and plots his revenge on those who stripped the USSR of her power and prestige and left her in such a rotten state. He will find a way to return his home to glory. And the world will tremble.

I guess director's notes are required also!
    I don't have a lot to say here. I knew I wanted to do a character with a rooster theme, and the communism thing just sort of grew out of it from there. I'm more fascinated with him as a bitter old man with no legs, though. Something about a failed, ridiculous villain that actually has the power to do something terrible strikes me as something that'd be really fun to write. He's practically the perfect mastermind!

Anyways, I probably shouldn't have left this until the last minute, I'm not sure how much I like it.

DJ Eebs on
  • Options
    edited August 2009
    dangit geebs can I win already

The Lovely Bastard on
    7656367.jpg
  • Options
    edited August 2009
    no you and me are fighting for last place

DJ Eebs on
  • Options
    edited August 2009
    geebs just declare me the winner

no one will be the wiser

The Lovely Bastard on
    7656367.jpg
  • Options
    BlankspaceBlankspace __BANNED USERS regular
    edited August 2009
    Goddangit Geebs I did it too god damn you

Blankspace on
    SIG.gif
  • Options
    edited August 2009
    you can be like co-winner if you want

The Lovely Bastard on
    7656367.jpg
  • Options
    edited August 2009
    geebs that is

not you blank

screw you blank

The Lovely Bastard on
    7656367.jpg
  • Options
    edited August 2009
    I think I should have just submitted the name and the drawing. I think that would have worked better.

DJ Eebs on
  • Options
    edited August 2009
    geebs don't go hatin' your entry

it's the second best entry that isn't mine

The Lovely Bastard on
    7656367.jpg
  • Options
    edited August 2009
    geebs what I'm saying is use your mod powers to rig it so I win

you can come in second so as to not have people be suspicious

The Lovely Bastard on
    7656367.jpg
  • Options
    edited August 2009
    I really feel like "giblets, holy shit" was probably enough.

DJ Eebs on
  • Options
    edited August 2009
    it was great geebs

I love it

gonna steal it and go to hong kong and make money off it now brb

The Lovely Bastard on
    7656367.jpg
  • Options
    wwtMaskwwtMask Registered User regular
    edited August 2009
    My villain entry

Dragonbreath

Origin
    "Danny" Duc Phong Tran was the big man in Metro City's Little Saigon. Or rather, he was in his on mind. In reality, he was a small time gangster in his mid 30s, working in a lame crew with no real earning power. The only thing that really kept him in the good graces of the bosses of Little Saigon was that most of them thought he was mostly harmless and fun to have around. One day, after enduring yet another insult against himself and his crew, he realized that he was in a dead end, and it angered him. He decided that he would make a name for himself by getting rid of the bosses. He had no power, except in informing on them all. Turning state's evidence, he became the star witness in the trial of the century. This choice would turn out to be almost fatal.

Danny was known for his love of super hot chili peppers, but was also equally well known for his physical inability to handle the heat. He'd had more than a few ulcers over the years and popped all sorts of antacids. The stress of the trial only worsened his condition, to the point that he needed the strongest prescription acid controller to stay well enough to testify. This was just the opening that the bosses needed. They paid an assassin to infiltrate the pharmacy and replace the acid controlling pills with an experimental poison that was supposed to kill without a trace.

After a large meal of super spicy Vietnamese food (to which he added his own super spicy Indian chilis), Danny was in such pain that he swallowed the entire bottle of poison pills. A new and worse pain exploded in his stomach and spread throughout his body, and he passed out. Hours later he awoke, feeling very warm. He was shocked to open his eyes and see that the safe house was engulfed in flames. He, however, was completely unaffected by the fire. In fact, with every breath, he stoked the fire even further. Confused and afraid, he escaped the inferno and fled into the night.

Over the following days he terrorized Metro City with his flaming breath before finally realizing that he could control the power by controlling his stomach acid. Because he was believed to be dead and had changed appearance due to his transformation, he decided to remake himself as a powered criminal. He named himself Dragonbreath and set his sights on the Bosses of Little Saigon, and after them, the world!

Personality: Danny is still the wannabe gangster at heart, though he's trying hard to make up for lost time now that he has powers. He's still very likable, even to his enemies, which he uses to lull them into a false sense of security. Now that he's invulnerable to it, he enjoys fire quite a bit. Is secretly angry that he has powers, since it means he can't get close to the ladies anymore without melting their faces off.

Powers
    Dragonbreath's stomach produces a highly corrosive and flammable liquid. His body chemistry and physiology is altered to render this liquid harmless to him, to the point that he is nearly invulnerable to both acid and fire. To facilitate his dragonbreath attack (basically acid spitting or fireblowing), his cheeks are extra elastic to expand and hold the liquid, and his lungs capacity is four times a normal humans, and his diaphragm is strong enough to expell the liquid up to forty feet. He pops antacid constantly to keep his acid in check, but even still his breath and belches are corrosive.

Appearance Details
    About 5'10" and 160lbs. He always carries a lighter to ignite his dragonbreath attack.

http://img527.imageshack.us/img527/2188/dragonbreath.png

wwtMask on
    When he dies, I hope they write "Worst Affirmative Action Hire, EVER" on his grave. His corpse should be trolled.
    Twitter - @liberaltruths | Google+ - http://gplus.to/wwtMask | Occupy Tallahassee
  • Options
    MunchMunch Registered User regular
    edited August 2009
    Loving these entries so far.

Also? Here's one of the several sketches for my dude I've begun and abandoned, as I keep deciding they just don't look right.
    PhineasRageConcepts3.png

I think my problem is that, up until now, I've been drawing him with some Hulk-like body language, making him look like he's always lumbering around in kind of a dull-witted manner. Which isn't how a supergenius with rage issues would really carry himself.

Pfeh.

Munch on
  • Options
    edited August 2009
    I'm going to open a poll on this tomorrow afternoon, I think. I need to organize stuff and make a couple new threads, and I'm just not up for it tonight.

DJ Eebs on
  • Options
    edited August 2009
    munch comment on my entry right now

The Lovely Bastard on
    7656367.jpg
  • Options
    edited August 2009
    Hh.

TLB, I'm just going to sit here and wonder why I didn't come up with the idea for a superpowered lumberjack that uses his flying, sentient axe to fight the space mafia alongside his Inuit sidekick.

There may be drinking involved.

When they make the movie, I encourage you to push for Ben Stiller as Chuck, Owen Wilson for Jack, and Will Ferrell as Chipper.

Munch on
  • Options
    edited August 2009
    munch that casting choice was a backhanded compliment

we are no longer best friends

The Lovely Bastard on
    7656367.jpg
  • Options
    edited August 2009
    c'mon

c'mmmmon

Munch on
  • Options
    edited August 2009
    nope

gimme back my friendship bracelet

The Lovely Bastard on
    7656367.jpg
  • Options
    edited August 2009
    THE DEADLINE HAS PASSED

Voting things available tomorrow!

DJ Eebs on
  • Options
    edited August 2009
    Okay, I'm working on the polls for this now. Hopefully they'll be up soonish.

DJ Eebs on
  • Options
    edited August 2009
    So there are like eleven hero entries and like three villain entries, dang.

Polls will be up within ten minutes, this thread is locked until after the polls.

DJ Eebs on
This discussion has been closed.