As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[The Witcher] [The Witcher II: Assassins of Kings trailer | 2011 release

• Options
    RakaiRakai Registered User regular
    edited August 2009
    It's weird that the download website isn't working for some people. It works for me. What ISP are people using that links don't work?

Rakai on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]XBL: Rakayn | PS3: Rakayn | Steam ID
  • Options
    PeregrineFalconPeregrineFalcon Registered User regular
    edited August 2009
    I find it a bit entertaining that everyone is tripping over themselves to get the titty-patch for this installed, but don't have nearly the same reaction to people who announce their planned use of titty-mods for Oblivout3. :P

PeregrineFalcon on
    Looking for a DX:HR OnLive code for my kid brother.
    Can trade TF2 items or whatever else you're interested in. PM me.
  • Options
    InitialDKInitialDK Registered User regular
    edited August 2009
    I find it a bit entertaining that everyone is tripping over themselves to get the titty-patch for this installed, but don't have nearly the same reaction to people who announce their planned use of titty-mods for Oblivout3. :P

I get the humor, but I think it's more of just getting the product the way it was intended by its creators. It just happens to include boobs...who am I kidding... Good lord this has been a long work day.

InitialDK on
    "I'd happily trade your life for knowledge of my powers."
    -Louis C.K.
  • Options
    BasilBasil Registered User regular
    edited August 2009
    I didn't even know there was a titty patch.

All I wanted was to decapitate fools.

Basil on
    9KmX8eN.jpg
  • Options
    Vladimir7Vladimir7 Registered User regular
    edited August 2009
    oh wow. they just happened to respond today with my cd key. I was hearing so many horror stories about waiting months... I got mine in 2 business days, they didnt even require proof... so technically anyone could get a key haha.

Vladimir7 on
  • Options
    washoutwashout Registered User regular
    edited August 2009
    Do I have to buy this on steam to be able to purchase and d/l it online or are there other online vendors? I just really dislike steam...

washout on
  • Options
    edited August 2009
    no you can buy it from atari directly,
    http://www.atari.com/us/games/witcher_enhanced/dvd_rom?dd=1

Vladimir7 on
  • Options
    Ah_PookAh_Pook Registered User regular
    edited August 2009
    its on impulse also, if thats more your thing

Ah_Pook on
  • Options
    edited August 2009
    sorry to get off topic, but what is the difference between impulse and steam?
    I have never used it, but what I heard it seems like a direct copy of steam?

Vladimir7 on
  • Options
    edited August 2009
    So I downloaded the TWEE upgrade and the English language pack but when I run the upgrade it says I don't have the right language for my version..which is English? Damnit, I knew this wasn't going to be easy...

InitialDK on
    -Louis C.K.
  • Options
    RakaiRakai Registered User regular
    edited August 2009
    InitialDK wrote: »
    So I downloaded the TWEE upgrade and the English language pack but when I run the upgrade it says I don't have the right language for my version..which is English? Damnit, I knew this wasn't going to be easy...

Well, there's 2 English versions: a UK version and a US version. Did you download the one that pertains to the version of game you own? If you did, *shrug*.

Rakai on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]XBL: Rakayn | PS3: Rakayn | Steam ID
  • Options
    KrathoonKrathoon Registered User regular
    edited August 2009
    I almost blew the mystery in Act II, but I managed to find...
    ... the body.

Krathoon on
  • Options
    edited August 2009
    Rakai wrote: »

Well, there's 2 English versions: a UK version and a US version. Did you download the one that pertains to the version of game you own? If you did, *shrug*.

Nah, I figured it out after a moment of retardation. The complete file was my second attempt so it was named with a "(2)". All I did was erase it and it worked.

InitialDK on
    -Louis C.K.
  • Options
    AldoAldo Hippo Hooray Registered User regular
    edited August 2009
    Vladimir7 wrote: »
    oh wow. they just happened to respond today with my cd key. I was hearing so many horror stories about waiting months... I got mine in 2 business days, they didnt even require proof... so technically anyone could get a key haha.
    Told yoooouuuuu so.

Aldo on
  • Options
    TarranonTarranon Registered User regular
    edited August 2009
    Impulse is like steam but with shittier community features. Nice people though.

Tarranon on
    You could be anywhere
    On the black screen
  • Options
    tofutofu Registered User regular
    edited August 2009
    Less DRM on Impulse though.

tofu on
  • Options
    TarranonTarranon Registered User regular
    edited August 2009
    Is there? Or is it only on the stuff they publish?

Tarranon on
    You could be anywhere
    On the black screen
  • Options
    subediisubedii Registered User regular
    edited August 2009
    tofu wrote: »
    Less DRM on Impulse though.

Well, you still need to verify online, it's just that IIRC, you only need to do it the first time you play and not afterwards. When you re-install or anything like that, you need to re-verify.

Although it's been a while since I've used Impulse.

subedii on
  • Options
    NAND NORNAND NOR Registered User regular
    edited August 2009
    Nine hours to download a 372MB patch?

Fuck you FilePlanet.

NAND NOR on
    moebius.jpg
  • Options
    SpoitSpoit *twitch twitch* Registered User regular
    edited August 2009
    NAND NOR wrote: »
    Nine hours to download a 372MB patch?

Fuck you FilePlanet.

huh, really? I was getting like 300kb/s on the polish site, but was able to get it from file planet in only a couple minutes

Spoit on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    DeaderinredDeaderinred Registered User regular
    edited August 2009
    Anyone playing with the Full Combat Rebalance mod? from the sounds of it, it sounds awesome.. makes me want to do another playthrough.

Deaderinred on
  • Options
    GlocjtGlocjt catstronaut in spaaace.Registered User regular
    edited August 2009
    There's a combat mod?! I must see about this...and what fortunate timing, I was getting a hankering for another playthrough of this, too...

Glocjt on
  • Options
    tofutofu Registered User regular
    edited August 2009
    Do you patch the Steam version with normal patches? Do mods work?

tofu on
  • Options
    initiatefailureinitiatefailure Registered User regular
    edited August 2009
    when the hell did fileplanet become a pay to use site? guess i'm not getting any patches from them anymore

initiatefailure on
  • Options
    abotkinabotkin Registered User regular
    edited August 2009
    when the hell did fileplanet become a pay to use site? guess i'm not getting any patches from them anymore

It's not only a pay to use site, you just have to log in (registration is free).

And since I can't get the official site's patches to download at all (just redirects to blank pages), Fileplanet is what I'm stuck with.

abotkin on
    steam_sig.png
    3DS: 0963-0539-4405
  • Options
    ArasenArasen Registered User regular
    edited August 2009
    Steam has the directors cut patch up now.

Arasen on
    [SIGPIC]steam_sig.png[/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    GraviijaGraviija Registered User regular
    edited August 2009
    And the price of the whole thing (Enhanced Edition Director's Cut) is down to $27.99.

Makes me a bit miffed I bought it at $40 a few days ago, but oh well.

Graviija on
  • Options
    initiatefailureinitiatefailure Registered User regular
    edited August 2009
    abotkin wrote: »

It's not only a pay to use site, you just have to log in (registration is free).

And since I can't get the official site's patches to download at all (just redirects to blank pages), Fileplanet is what I'm stuck with.

ahh all i noticed was the pay to download... either way i'm downloading the patch now so full version of witcher is coming soon to computers near me

initiatefailure on
  • Options
    ArasenArasen Registered User regular
    edited August 2009
    Know how you fell Graviija. Bought my copy right before the Christmas sale last year.

Arasen on
    [SIGPIC]steam_sig.png[/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    RobmanRobman Registered User regular
    edited August 2009
    Graviija wrote: »
    And the price of the whole thing (Enhanced Edition Director's Cut) is down to $27.99.

orly

time to whip out my credit card

Robman on
  • Options
    BorysBorys Registered User regular
    edited August 2009
    Graviija wrote: »

It's the "curse of the Steam". Happens every fucking week.

Borys on
  • Options
    edited August 2009
    If you're a really cheap bastard you can order the regular edition from NewEgg for $15 and download the extra patches/content while it ships. :P

PeregrineFalcon on
  • Options
    mastriusmastrius Registered User regular
    edited August 2009
    So wait. I know everyone here is talking about titties but does the directors cut do anything other than titties?

mastrius on
    "You're like a kitten! A kitten who doesn't speak Japanese." ~ Juliet Starling
  • Options
    edited August 2009
    If you're a really cheap bastard you can order the regular edition from NewEgg for $15 and download the extra patches/content while it ships. :P

I can't buy The Witcher at 7:30 am before hoofing it to work and come home at 5:30 and have it sitting there ready for some monster killing and wench fucking awesomeness. All patched and done.

Convenience is awesome. I mean, I'm sure you've ordered a pizza rather then getting a frozen pizza and cooking it in your oven. That's probably about a $10 difference right there.

Robman on
  • Options
    edited August 2009
    Does the "directors cut" add the boobs in? I don't really care about nudity but I want the other stuff as well. I just started playing and bedded Triss but the card was still censored so I don't know if the patch worked or not. This is technically my first time through the game and don't know the differences.

InitialDK on
    -Louis C.K.
  • Options
    Igpx407Igpx407 Registered User regular
    edited August 2009
    Does the "directors cut" add the boobs in? I don't really care about nudity but I want the other stuff as well. I just started playing and bedded Triss but the card was still censored so I don't know if the patch worked or not. This is technically my first time through the game and don't know the differences.

Her card is supposed to look like that.

Igpx407 on
  • Options
    edited August 2009
    The wiki has the sex cards iirc which makes it a perilous trip in the workplace

Robman on
  • Options
    edited August 2009
    Robman wrote: »

I can't buy The Witcher at 7:30 am before hoofing it to work and come home at 5:30 and have it sitting there ready for some monster killing and wench fucking awesomeness. All patched and done.

Convenience is awesome. I mean, I'm sure you've ordered a pizza rather then getting a frozen pizza and cooking it in your oven. That's probably about a $10 difference right there.

Nope, never ordered a pizza in my life, herp derp derr.

Yes I know it's about the convenience and awesomeness of being able to go hey I want that and getting it instantly, but I was just offering an alternative for the hardcore cheap bastards out there in the crowd.

PeregrineFalcon on
  • Options
    DarmakDarmak RAGE vympyvvhyc vyctyvyRegistered User regular
    edited August 2009
    Robman wrote: »

Nope, never ordered a pizza in my life, herp derp derr.

Yes I know it's about the convenience and awesomeness of being able to go hey I want that and getting it instantly, but I was just offering an alternative for the hardcore cheap bastards out there in the crowd.

Those bastards, not supporting Steam and instead saving money in these hard times.

Darmak on
    JtgVX0H.png
  • Options
    The Sneak!The Sneak! Registered User regular
    edited August 2009
    Do you have to sleep with people in this game?

Do you have to see titties?

I really don't want to do either, but I'm kind of interested in the overall game.

The Sneak! on