As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

Crazy Girlfriend/Boyfriend Stories

• ProPatriaMoriProPatriaMori Registered User regular
    edited August 2009
    Underdog wrote: »
    What does it mean to find crazy to be sexy? I'm having a hard time wrapping my head around it.

"Wow! She's such a free spirit!"

ProPatriaMori on
  • NocrenNocren Lt Futz, Back in Action North CarolinaRegistered User regular
    edited August 2009
    Well, I had a doozy of an ex.
    I was 26, she was 25.
    She was also functionally retarded and acted about ten years younger than her age.
    However she was really cute.

I can't share details however because I choose to forget them.

As for you Underdog, there was a sig someone had here about how you have a sane girlfriend, it's like a one trick pony. Having a crazy girlfriend though, and the sky's the limit or something.
    Crazy girls are crazy and do crazy things, which can be fun at times.

Nocren on
    newSig.jpg
  • IncenjucarIncenjucar VChatter Seattle, WARegistered User regular
    edited August 2009
    What does it mean to find crazy to be sexy? I'm having a hard time wrapping my head around it.

Sadly I have no crazy stories to tell. Remarkably boring on my end of life.

The right amount of crazy can make someone interesting, exciting, and unpredictable. So long as they're not -dangerous- crazy or -obnoxious- crazy.

A girl who flashes people on rollar coasters or who will get you up at 4AM to do pottery or who paints murals on the wall of her room and then covers it up with normal paint just to confuse who ever tears the wall down forty years in the future can be the sexy kind of crazy.

Melodramatic psychobitches are not sexy.

Incenjucar on
  • Mortal SkyMortal Sky queer punk hedge witchRegistered User regular
    edited August 2009
    I had a girlfriend once uopn a time who was perfectly fine and sane.

Until Twilight came out.

I'm still prone to bouts of post traumatic stress disorder around Twilight fangirls.

Mortal Sky on
  • SoCo_and_LimeSoCo_and_Lime Registered User regular
    edited August 2009
    Alright. You've made me unearth this deeply suppressed memory. I hate you all.

Keep in mind as you read this that this one story is an average day of this 1+ year long relationship.

I should have knew she was trouble from day 1. She wanted to jump right into a relationship with me after a few days of knowing her (probably an actual total time of several hours together). I hesitantly agreed to pacify her, which would become a common theme in our relationship.

I'm a gaming, social, drinking, early 20's average college joe. She somehow managed to manipulate me into dropping all of that and spend an ungodly amount of time with her. I actually went to every single class those semesters just so I could have 2 seconds away from her. She slowly and methodically guilted me away from my friends, games and whiskey. She would pull the classic "You don't love me, you rather (drink/hang out with friends/play games) than be with me." When I resurrected my character in WoW after the expansion, she actually went out and bought the game so as to even spend digital time with me. She would be grinding when I was in class, always telling me how much closer to my level she was getting so we can play together. Also trying to get me to go half way across the god damn world to kill someone ganking her/help her grind.

I'm going into a rather dangerous line of work which she always tried to guilt me out of as well. We ended up getting a pet together who sadly god sick and died. Towards the end of the relationship, she ended up confessing to me that she had a dream that the pet would die and it did. Keep in mind the pet was sick for a while and really saw it coming. She then confessed to me, completely seriously, that she also had a dream that I got hurt at work and that the reason she monopolized all my time was because, due to her newly found clairvoyance, it was her duty to protect me from getting hurt on the job. Like, her cosmic duty/destiny.

Yeah.

SoCo_and_Lime on
    [x] Bolt Bus
    [x] Radisson Hotel Boston
    [x] Pre-Pax Dinner
    [x] BYOC and 3 Day Pass

edited August 2009
    Hah.

And here I got nagged into buying WoW by an ex.

Incenjucar on
  • Mortal SkyMortal Sky queer punk hedge witchRegistered User regular
    edited August 2009
    Bitch

I'm going into a rather dangerous line of work which she always tried to guilt me out of as well. We ended up getting a pet together who sadly god sick and died. Towards the end of the relationship, she ended up confessing to me that she had a dream that the pet would die and it did. Keep in mind the pet was sick for a while and really saw it coming. She then confessed to me, completely seriously, that she also had a dream that I got hurt at work and that the reason she monopolized all my time was because, due to her newly found clairvoyance, it was her duty to protect me from getting hurt on the job. Like, her cosmic duty/destiny.

Ouch. and I thought Twilight was difficult.

Mortal Sky on
    edited August 2009
    !

I just remembered a crazy girlfriend story from the internets.

She wasn't -my- girlfriend, though we did do some flirting, but she told me about her relationship with her ex.

Supposedly she was a rescue worker, but who was prone to suicide attempts and cutting herself - at one point she informed me that she was casually cutting herself at her desk, and then she accidentally dropped her knife and stabbed herself on the leg, which she bitched about for the rest of the evening. She had broken up with her boyfriend/fiancee prior to my meeting her, but she clearly still had feelings for him, and more to the point, informed me that she was his Native American Guardian Spirit. Apparently she was part Native American - but only part, as she also claimed to be a redhead.

Later she said she would fly down to Fresno to have whatever kind of sex I wanted, so long as it was rough, and that she didn't care if she survived it.

I have not been back to that chat room since.

Incenjucar on
  • ProPatriaMoriProPatriaMori Registered User regular
    edited August 2009
    Incenjucar wrote: »
    she said she would fly down to Fresno to have whatever kind of sex I wanted, so long as it was rough, and that she didn't care if she survived it.

Perfect intro to a country song!

ProPatriaMori on
  • Dr Mario KartDr Mario Kart Games Dealer Austin, TXRegistered User regular
    edited August 2009
    dude, you shouldve totally hit that.

Dr Mario Kart on
    edited August 2009
    Man there's no way I would have sex where "is it in yet?" is a question about a knife.

Incenjucar on
  • deowolfdeowolf is allowed to do that. Traffic.Registered User regular
    edited August 2009
    Still, we're talking about a girl who wouldn't mind being fucked to death. That's something special*.

*not special like a birthday.

deowolf on
    [SIGPIC]acocoSig.jpg[/SIGPIC]
    edited August 2009
    deowolf wrote: »
    Still, we're talking about a girl who wouldn't mind being fucked to death. That's something special*.

Insatiable women are never as cool as you'd think.

SoCo_and_Lime on
    [x] Bolt Bus
    [x] Pre-Pax Dinner
    [x] BYOC and 3 Day Pass

• deowolfdeowolf is allowed to do that. Traffic.Registered User regular
    edited August 2009
    Did you miss my ironic asterisk?

deowolf on
    [SIGPIC]acocoSig.jpg[/SIGPIC]
    edited August 2009
    deowolf wrote: »
    Did you miss my ironic asterisk?

Ahhh. I underestimated the irony of the asterisk

SoCo_and_Lime on
    [x] Bolt Bus
    [x] Pre-Pax Dinner
    [x] BYOC and 3 Day Pass

• BloodySlothBloodySloth Registered User regular
    edited August 2009
    I love this thread. It makes my love life seem so normal.

BloodySloth on
    edited August 2009
    I love this thread. It makes my love life seem so normal.

I think having at least -one- thing to contribute to this thread makes one "normal".

SoCo_and_Lime on
    [x] Bolt Bus
    [x] Pre-Pax Dinner
    [x] BYOC and 3 Day Pass

• BloodySlothBloodySloth Registered User regular
    edited August 2009
    Well, one of my exes did have crippling OCD that lead to her breaking down into teary, violent self-destruction because she was behind on one biology assignment. One day she went off to the bathroom; a few minutes later I got up to get a drink, passing the bathroom on the way. The door was open and she was standing in front of the mirror busily scratching a raw, bloody wound into her forehead with her thumbnail.

That whole year long relationship was just a rollercoaster of awesome stuff like that. She was also obsessed with Marquis de Sade's writings and would sometimes brag about how she could not feel shame.

BloodySloth on
  • X Pr3dat0R XX Pr3dat0R X Registered User regular
    edited August 2009
    Phisti wrote: »
    Then the Super-bowl happened… we were all laying around the living room watching the game when Christine flew into one of her now-patented rages… this time since Mitch commented on the Go-Daddy.com girl’s outfit. The argument moved to their downstairs room (under the living room) and quickly turned into throwing of text books, yelling, then the grunts of wild monkey sex. After a few minutes of discomfort for us Christine was heard shouting out “not in me, I forgot my pill – shoot it in my face, SHOOT IT IN MY FACE”. Yeah, that was sorta hot, but sorta uncomfortable for us all upstairs.

I couldn't help but remember this. (Unfortunately I can't find the clip on it's own. It's about 5 minutes into this video.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GU2ZHfA4HtM

X Pr3dat0R X on
  • ruzkinruzkin Registered User regular
    edited August 2009
    gigEsmalls wrote: »
    My girlfriend cheated on me. I didn't find out until after we'd broken up, but she'd been cheating on me. With another girl.

I don't know what hurts more - that she didn't tell me, or that she never invited me to join in.

Second part.

I've had two girlfriends cheat on me with other girls. I've asked another girl out only to have her say "Sorry, I just got a girlfriend yesterday," which I think counts as another negative point. My friends began calling me "The Turninator" after all this leaked out.
    My solution to this? Go and seduce a lesbian. It's a challenge, but it'll earn you back some manly points.

ruzkin on
    g4OlSIF.jpg
  • GoodOmensGoodOmens Registered User regular
    edited August 2009
    My junior year in college, I started going out with a freshman (well, freshwoman). We'll call her A. We had talked once or twice, kind of a mutual friend situation. One Friday night, me and my roomie were chilling in our dorm room because we're both gigantic nerds, and she shows up and starts chatting with me, and we talked until 3 am. Same thing the next day except we went to the grocery store for microwave pancakes at 2 am or so. I was hooked immediately.

She had...problems. She told me that her first night on campus she had gone to a frat party and gotten raped. She would not tell me more about what happened, or try to pursue the situation further (report the guy to the campus security or whatever). She alluded to family abuse. She described a checkered pharmaceutical past. Manic-depressive to the nth degree. She had a strange phobia that at night the floor of her room was covered with corpses and she didnt' want to walk on them. Yeah.

Anyway, we spent the year together. She had a singles room on campus so I spent most nights at her place. My friends got along with her but never really liked her, probably because she was such an emotionally manipulative beyotch sometimes. She was a photographer (and a pretty good one) and I had done some modelling for her, some cool outside shots at an old construction site. By the end of the year there was a big codependency thing going on and we broke up not long before the school year ended. On my last day on campus I went over to her room to say goodbye and she had some dude in her bed. OK, fine.

Anyway, next year rolls around. I started going out with a new girl (to whom I'm now happily married). I get a job at a local bookstore. One day my coworker, a very nice guy who went to the same college, comes to work and gives me a strange look. He says, "Did you used to date A?" Why, yes, I did...turns out they're together now. A stranger look. "Did you rape her?" He didn't ask it in an accusing or aggressive way, more baffled, which is why I didn't punch him. I said that I hadn't and he said, "OK, I didn't think so." Anyway, turns out that A told the guy that I had abused her all through our relationship and raped her. He recognized me from the pictures, but told me that he didn't think I looked like a rapist. I was sort of a grunge-hippy back then, had hair halfway down my back, looked sort of like Shannon Hoon. He and I talked a bit and cleared things up, she had told him the same things she had told me, but with different details.

I thought about confronting her, but decided against it. I figured if she had told the cops I'd already know, if she had told any of my friends they would have laughed at her, and I didn't care what strangers thought. And I didn't want to get involved in whatever game she was playing.

Later that year, me and two friends were sitting in the cafeteria having dinner when she walks in. I don't know how she knew I was there, it wasn't in in my dorm. Anyway, she asks if I can drive her to the hospital because she thinks she might be sick. She may have taken too much of her lithium by accident, feels OK but just wants to be sure. Against my better judgement I take her; I didn't want her to be sick or die. On the way she explains that she had been taking twice the dosage "by accident" for a couple weeks. At the hospital, after examining her the doctor comes out to the waiting room to ask if she tried to commit suicide, because it looked like a single overdose. I honestly didn't know.

Some of the timeframe might be a bit mixed up (this was a decade ago). I haven't seen her since then.

GoodOmens on
    steam_sig.png
    IOS Game Center ID: Isotope-X
  • Lord JezoLord Jezo Registered User regular
    edited August 2009
    NSFW audio clip, but Ron from Ron and Fez has gone into this topic quite a few times.

crazy pu--y.mp3 - 3.52MB

If you have dated a crazy girl then you will understand completely what he is talking about, I know I sure do.

There is nothing like the passion from a relationship in which you tell the girl you fear that she will murder your unborn children and possibly kill your entire family and then take her to bed to work out all the aggression and hate you have for each other.

Good times.

I'd never go back to them, but still, good times.

Lord Jezo on
    Clipboard03.jpg
    I KISS YOU!
  • ThomamelasThomamelas Only one man can kill this many Russians. Bring his guitar to me! Registered User regular
    edited August 2009

It's kinda like riding a roller coaster. You step in and you're going for a wild ride. Except this ride is going to end in pain and agony. But you think that it won't. Also the sex tends to be great.

Thomamelas on
  • ArchArch Neat-o, mosquito! Registered User regular
    edited August 2009
    Thomamelas wrote: »

It's kinda like riding a roller coaster. You step in and you're going for a wild ride. Except this ride is going to end in pain and agony. But you think that it won't. Also the sex tends to be great.

Hah...yea...I guess I can talk about the girl who I mentioned left me for a dude she me on WoW...

So I live in the South. I was not born here, but my father took over a cable contracting firm and we moved down from Connecticut. I am also an over-achiever and a fairly studious academic. Now, my senior year of high school my best friend was dating a girl named Jess. This Jess was part of a "Triad" of art students known as "The Jennifers". Why? Because three of the best and most active (in art council etc) artists were named Jennifer. JW, JA, and JB (as they were known). They were all best friends. So- My buddy is dating JB. Since he is dating JB, I spend lots of time with "The Jennifers". I start to develop the hots for JA. Since we were both A. Going to the same university when we graduated B. very nerdy and C. In the same circle of friends, we start dating.

Now- I thought I was getting a super hot, super smart, very nerdy art chick for a girlfriend. Apparently that was just her public face. Turns out she was a HUGE redneck. Once we graduated high school, her dad bought her a truck. She put a "Cowgirl Up" sticker on it. I thought it was an ironic move, and didn't realize that she thought is was awesome. Not only was she this horribly uncultured redneck (Go see a play? But we could watch American Idol tonite!....I was IN the play). She hated theater. She hated any music but country. She hated "fancy food" (aka anything that wasn't a cheesburger, I worked as a cook at a gourmet Cuban restaurant). She was afraid of science (I was a Biology Major with a minor in theater and chemistry). She was also a COLOSSAL bitch.

We went to wal*mart once to get some watch batteries because she had found her Digimon virtual pet in her attic. We went there at like...10pm and it turns out that the watch center closes at 9. So she couldn't get batteries. There IS, however, an old lady behind the counter tidying up. She informs my girlfriend that she doesn't have a key to the watch battery case, because they closed at 9. My girlfriend FLIPS OUT. Drops F-bombs, slams the counter, shrieks, spits, at an old lady over not being able to get batteries for her Digimon.

Also- yelling at waiters for no reason (like above), yelling at my parents (although, to be fair, they deserved it), getting in fistfights with my brother (again though, he deserved it), constantly demeaning me, strange christian views (we had sex...LOTS of it...but she still told me that my science was the devil).

Also she practically flunked out of university. I don't know how we managed to graduate high school with near the same class rank, because she couldn't figure out the difference between "there" and "their" in papers, as well as the difference between "to" and "too". This is someone who was top 10% of our class.

Why did I stay with someone who was OBVIOUSLY not for me for so long? The SEX. Oh GOD the SEX.

Under ALL this crazy ignorant redneck, she was a HUGE nympho. I mean, there was no time that I could not just say "Hey, lets fuck" no matter where we were and not get laid. We also lived in a co-ed dorm at university. So- mall changing rooms, public bathrooms, handjobs/blowjobs in empty movie theaters, cars, road head, the woods on campus, shower, pool table, pool. You name it. I mean, if I woke up with morning wood, she would immediately get on top of me and fuck me. Like..."Yawwwnnn g'mornin sweetie- oh, now we are fucking." Like, I spent almost $300 on condoms in one month (and then we realized you could get them free from the health center on campus). We would go through BOXES a day.

That much sex will make you stay with ANY kind of crazy bitch.

Arch on
  • RecklessReckless Registered User regular
    edited August 2009
    Arch wrote: »

That much sex will make you stay with ANY kind of crazy bitch.

Sigged! Thank you good sir.

Reckless on
  • SAW776SAW776 Registered User regular
    edited August 2009
    Not really a girlfriend, but a crazy girl relationship situation.

It was college, I had no job and no car, but hey, I was a student, so I tell myself that was forgivable. I met this girl in Spanish, but at the time she had a boyfriend. A few weeks into the class I find out they broke up and she proceeds to invite me to the movies that night with a few of her friends.

I say sure.

The rest of that day, while I'm between classes and she's at work, we're talking via email back and forth and she seems really into me. But she also tells me about this other guy who she's been into for a long time who had moved a couple states away. Awkward.

So, we go to the movies, and afterwards we drop her friends off and then pretty much drive out into the middle of nowhere to hang out. And pretty shortly she wants in my pants. Now, directly after this incident, I thought I was an idiot for saying no, cause she had just broken up with one guy and seemed pretty infatuated with another. However, it wasn't long until I realized how lucky I was.

So, we continue to hang out and decide to take thing slower.. but the idea was that we were still going to work towards something between us. But instead, out of nowhere, she starts smoking and starts hanging out with her sister's boyfriend's roomate. Now, I'm not highly attractive or anything, but this guy is fucking atrocious. On top of that, he works at McDonalds and is $15,000 in debt.

Talk about a major fucking blow to my ego at the time.

And then, it couldn't have been more than 3 months later, that I find out she got pregnant, and so then they got married, and now she's miserable because all he does is play WoW and ignore her.

Not really crazy girlfriend, but it could have easily developed into one had I not had the sense to keep my pants on.

SAW776 on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    PSN: SAW776
  • Gabriel_PittGabriel_Pitt (effective against Russian warships) Registered User regular
    edited August 2009
    kildy wrote: »
    Alien Cult. I lived close enough to WV that incest cheating doesn't surprise me.

But convincing a pack of people to be sex slaves and pay your bills and do your chores? Seriously, how does one even wake up one day and decide to do that. The hell.
    Because one day, you manage to sell one girl on a massive load of bullshit, and you see her repeat it and start to sell a friend on it too, and you realize that you have access to a certain subset of gullible people and the lack of scruples to take advantage of that.

I mean, in theory I see how I could do something just like that, save for the fact that I like being able to look myself in the mirror without wanting to put a bullet through my head.

Gabriel_Pitt on
  • SheepSheep Registered User, __BANNED USERS regular
    edited August 2009
    ruzkin wrote: »
    gigEsmalls wrote: »
    My girlfriend cheated on me. I didn't find out until after we'd broken up, but she'd been cheating on me. With another girl.

I don't know what hurts more - that she didn't tell me, or that she never invited me to join in.

Second part.

I've had two girlfriends cheat on me with other girls. I've asked another girl out only to have her say "Sorry, I just got a girlfriend yesterday," which I think counts as another negative point. My friends began calling me "The Turninator" after all this leaked out.
    My solution to this? Go and seduce a lesbian. It's a challenge, but it'll earn you back some manly points.

Around October last year I dated a very sexy super Conservative girl. Total wild girl.

I didn't talk to her for about 5 months or so. Last I talked to her she was dating a very abuse coke addict. Saw her online about a month ago and asked her how she was doing.

"Do you remember that friend girl I had that was always there for me when Raging Coke Addict was making my life terrible? Well we're girlfriends now."

Made a short joke about how her parents will kill her and she'll be ostracized from politics. We laughed.

Sheep on
  • SheepSheep Registered User, __BANNED USERS regular
    edited August 2009
    I dunno if this classifies as crazy or not...

But I tended to attract girls that used me as "comfort boyfriend". They get dumped. They call me. We date for about a month. They break it off. Vicious cycle. I didn't necessarily mind completely, but I'm gettin old and looking for something more stable, so it get's tiring doing that over and over.

One of them, though, was wild. We weren't even remotely serious at that point. Lots of touching. Getting close. Occasional kisses. This other girl I chat up from time to time was texting a friend of mine and told him to tell me hello. He does so. Crazy girl turns and looks at me and goes, "SO WHO THE HELL IS GIRL?"

I can understand possessiveness. But not over "Dude, Girl says hello." And not when a relationship hasn't even reached the potential stage.

Sheep on
  • TL DRTL DR Not at all confident in his reflexive opinions of thingsRegistered User regular
    edited August 2009
    I was once seeing a girl who I knew had aspirations for a relationship, but who I had made it clear to that I wasn't looking for anything of the sort and that if she wanted to be with me then she had to understand that. I pitied her since her family and ex boyfriend seemed to shit on her life whenever possible. Then she tearfully asked me one night if I loved her, to which I replied "No"

She went back to her ex (who I guess she'd never really broken up with, and had never actually raped her, but go figure) and a short time later I told her she was dead to me when I found out she'd been talking to some other dude about my personal affairs. Things like "Yeah that guy that works at XYZ store has a lot of nice electronics and he lives on ABC street and is gone most of the day"

Another girlfriend, when I broke up with her, punched me in the face. Not a slap. Not a half-hearted punch. She split my eyebrow. This same girl (we stayed friends) was dating this guy who was obviously cheating on her for like a year. She was just too insecure to break it off until she stumbled on his Adult Friend Finder account. She dumped him and it was all well and good, until he started sending text messages first begging her to come back and then laughing that he was on a date with a hotter woman.

She goes to this guys house, to which she still has a key, slashes the other woman's tires (they were out at the time), throws everything from the fridge onto the floor and walls, takes a hammer to the guy's Playstation, and upends the trash onto his bed. She ended up not having to deal with any of it, even though the guy filed a police report.

TL DR on
  • electricitylikesmeelectricitylikesme Registered User regular
    edited August 2009
    She goes to this guys house, to which she still has a key, slashes the other woman's tires (they were out at the time), throws everything from the fridge onto the floor and walls, takes a hammer to the guy's Playstation, and upends the trash onto his bed. She ended up not having to deal with any of it, even though the guy filed a police report.
    Wow, that is some bullshit.

electricitylikesme on
  • Gabriel_PittGabriel_Pitt (effective against Russian warships) Registered User regular
    edited August 2009
    Willeth wrote: »
    I attempted to catch the blade between my hands. Why I chose that particular action I have no idea. For those wondering it didn't work as well as it does in bad movies.

To be fair, if you'd pulled it off it would have been awesome as hell.

"That's right, bitch. I'm a ninja."

I suspect it's fairly impossible to do without actually hurting yourself. If the blade is turned just a little then you get the effect that happened to me. You get a flap of skin shaved off a finger. It was cleaned up and stitched up but it didn't heal correctly between the scar tissue and an infection. The infection seemed to love the nerves in my hand and I've lost a degree of fine motor control in the hand.
    Completely off topic, but I'm pretty sure that when 'actual' ninja did this, they had gloves with hooks, friction pads, and/or reinforced palms to try and prevent stuff like that from happening.*

*at least, if I understood the display plaques right at the Azuchi ninja castle.

Gabriel_Pitt on
  • KrunkMcGrunkKrunkMcGrunk Registered User regular
    edited August 2009
    Sliver wrote: »
    Read this thread and couldn't help but be reminded of this.

That is the most fucked up thing I have ever heard of.

KrunkMcGrunk on
    mrsatansig.png
  • ThomamelasThomamelas Only one man can kill this many Russians. Bring his guitar to me! Registered User regular
    edited August 2009
    I attempted to catch the blade between my hands. Why I chose that particular action I have no idea. For those wondering it didn't work as well as it does in bad movies.

I suspect it's fairly impossible to do without actually hurting yourself. If the blade is turned just a little then you get the effect that happened to me. You get a flap of skin shaved off a finger. It was cleaned up and stitched up but it didn't heal correctly between the scar tissue and an infection. The infection seemed to love the nerves in my hand and I've lost a degree of fine motor control in the hand.
    Completely off topic, but I'm pretty sure that when 'actual' ninja did this, they had gloves with hooks, friction pads, and/or reinforced palms to try and prevent stuff like that from happening.*

*at least, if I understood the display plaques right at the Azuchi ninja castle.

That makes sense. I would still classify it as a retarded thing to do even if I had something like that.

Thomamelas on
  • ArchArch Neat-o, mosquito! Registered User regular
    edited August 2009

That makes sense. I would still classify it as a retarded thing to do even if I had something like that.

Which is more retarded? Getting Katana'd and doing nothing, or trying to catch the blade with your Katana Catching Gloves?

Arch on
    edited August 2009
    Well the point was the guys who had to do the katana-catching generally could not get away with carrying around swords, while the guys they had a good chance of getting into a physical altercation with did. A pair of reinforced gloves was a lot easier to keep incognito, or any of the other myriad mundane implements that got improvised into weaponry.
    It means on some level you enjoy conflict and volatility. Up to a point.

Gabriel_Pitt on
  • TL DRTL DR Not at all confident in his reflexive opinions of thingsRegistered User regular
    edited August 2009
    Wow, that is some bullshit.

Yeah, she's insane. It was wrong of her to target the other woman, but the guy had it coming and then some.

TL DR on
  • WulfWulf Disciple of Tzeentch The Void... (New Jersey)Registered User regular
    edited August 2009

Which is more retarded? Getting Katana'd and doing nothing, or trying to catch the blade with your Katana Catching Gloves?
    I would think letting someone wind up like that with a sharp object is the more retarded thing. Someone starts coming at you in a crazy manner? Time to done be gettin' the fuck out of dodge!

Wulf on
    Everyone needs a little Chaos!
    edited August 2009

It's something I've thought about a few times and I've gone over what options I had. Attempting to catch it was still a very stupid thing to do.
    I would think letting someone wind up like that with a sharp object is the more retarded thing. Someone starts coming at you in a crazy manner? Time to done be gettin' the fuck out of dodge!

You're assuming blunt objects are that much safer. :mrgreen:

Thomamelas on
  • GungHoGungHo Registered User regular
    edited August 2009
    "Wow! She's such a free spirit!"
    Also, "crazy women? they're easy!" Same thought behind women with tattoos, women with piercings, women with fake boobs, etc.

It sounds great in your head until you actually try to act on it... the results of which either include getting shot down because you were a misogynist pig and she's not really that easy or getting a hit because she really is that easy and end up getting pulled onto the crazy train.

In all seriousness, people don't usually need help with their crazy, and targeting crazy people for relationships because they are "more fun" is approaches the disturbing, as depending on the type of crazy, if you step back from it, it can become kinda predatory. Granted, there's a distinct difference between seeking out someone with "personality" and seeking out someone who has a mental illness of some sort.

GungHo on
This discussion has been closed.