As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Crazy Girlfriend/Boyfriend Stories

• Options
    KrunkMcGrunkKrunkMcGrunk Registered User regular
    edited August 2009
    If you do meet her, NO FUNNY BUSINESS.

KrunkMcGrunk on
    mrsatansig.png
  • Options
    GonmunGonmun He keeps kickin' me in the dickRegistered User regular
    edited August 2009
    Gammarah wrote: »
    Lets hope that he never writes for Futurama.

Great, now you've reminded me of the episode about Fry's dog. Bastard. :cry:

Gonmun on
    desc wrote: »
    ~ * swole patrol flying roundhouse kick top performer recognition: April 2014 * ~
    If you have a sec, check out my podcast: War and Beast Twitter Facebook
  • Options
    edited August 2009
    Hrm, crazy. Yes well. I essentially dated Marla Singer my sophomore year in highschool. She decided i was her boyfriend based solely on the fact that we both liked Smashing Pumpkins. She gave me a handjob during a movie in our creative writing class when the old lady substitute fell asleep. She was clingy as fuck, every lunch period was a 40 minute stretch of her CLUTCHING some part of me, pubicly acceptable or not. She had neat little rows of scars up and down her arms (this being my first encounter with that i had no idea what a warning sign THAT was) When she told me she wanted me to be the first person to fuck her other than her dad... I bailed.
    Nope you're too crazy, sorry, you're cute, and we like the same music. All this other shit, I can't handle.

That afternoon i get a call from her saying she has taken an entire bottle of aspirin and was hafway through a bottle of vodka and she wants me to be the one to hear her die. Great. I panic and haul ass to her house, and bang on the door until her mom answers, I tearfuly tell her what is transpiring in her daughter's bedroom and ambulances are called, stomachs are pumped, fathers glares are turned on me. I never spoke to her again.

Potential future crazy that I'm not sure whether i should put the brakes on right now or let it ride and see where it goes. My wife (of 3 years but we have been together for almost 9) has this friend from highschool. This friend is a girl and is hot. This friend has apparently had a crush on my wife for years, my wife is well aware of this. We have talked some at various times about having a threesome, but have repeatedly said we could never do it with like some stranger from a bar, as we both associate emotion and sex quite strongly. Now... I'm cooking dinner for the two of them sometime this weekend. This will either end up being awesome or horrifying. Guess we'll see.

Associate sex and emotion quite strongly? I'm sure there's nothing that could go wrong if you and your wife become emotionally attached to someone you see regularly. Nope, that's a great idea.
    Promise me that you'll make a new thread when it blows up in your face.

KrunkMcGrunk on
    mrsatansig.png
  • Options
    The Raging PlatypusThe Raging Platypus Registered User regular
    edited August 2009
    cloudeagle wrote: »
    This isn't about a crazy girlfriend (she was far from it) but a crazy situation. And it can certainly be argued that I was pretty damn crazy in this situation.

Right before my senior year of high school, I'm working at a training retreat for a positive peer pressure group in high school. Think Up With People only with 1.67% less cheese. Though somehow the membership of most of the more highly regarded cliques makes it a cool thing to be in. At any rate, it's there that I meet Jamie. She's a sophomore at the same school, very cute, utterly vivacious and almost always smiling. Fantastic girl. We hit it off pretty much immediately.

I'm elated. She's loads of fun and likes spending time with me! Silly me thought I was undatable! She seems really into me, and I'm really into her! Life is grand! But. (Of course there's a but.) She's very close to her parents, who are friendly but make it obvious that their daughter is their life. Not to mention the three of them are pretty active in a small Methodist church out in the country, filled with people who are also friendly but also seem quite protective of her. I quickly get the impression that if I step just one toe out of line I will immediately get drawn and quartered.

Add in the facts that I was inexperienced, I was fairly non-assertive and terrified to make the first move and I was horrible at reading signals, and the end result was that I barely touched her during the six months we dated. Did I want to? Hell yes. She was cute, I was hormonal and I was developing feelings for her. But I didn't. Sure, I hugged her, and I held her hand a few times, but in the entire six months we dated I didn't even kiss her. I was just too scared.

At the end of the six months she broke up with me, saying she didn't think things were working out. I was hurt, but I got over it soon enough and we stayed on good terms. Heck, we kept talking regularly.

Cut to the end of the school year. I'm on the newspaper staff, and the staff had just selected the current sophomores who would be on the staff next year and help out with the production of the last paper to get training from us. She's one of them. So we wind up working on the paper together after school hours one night. I have no idea what came over me, but suddenly I'm Mr. Suave. I'm flirty, I rubbed her shoulders, and at one point I picked her up and carried her down the hall. We both had a great time.

That night, she wrote me a note where she finally opens up to me about why we broke up. Namely, because I never touched her. She wanted me to touch her... badly, in fact. The fact that I didn't drove her crazy and made her think that I wasn't interested, and she was the type to expect the guy to make the first move. But that night, I had touched her more than I did in months of dating. She realized I was into her and capable of being physically affectionate, and she floated the idea of getting back together.

But I didn't get that note for awhile.
    I finally got the note when her parents gave it to me, two weeks after Jamie died. She had an exceedingly rare blood condition that literally prevented her body from making red blood cells. Every month, she'd make a three-hour trip to a Memphis hospital for a full blood transfusion. I knew about that from the beginning, and since she seemed healthy I didn't let it bother me (unlike other guys she attempted to date). But she knew that people with the disease died young... better treatment was helping them live longer, but the future was very uncertain. (When she stopped growing as fast, the iron that wasn't being flushed out of her body as a side effect built up and caused her to fade, all within two weeks.) How did she react to knowing she would have a short life? She lived life to the fullest. She had fun. And she wanted to have all kinds of fun with the right guy. A guy who absolutely wanted the same sort of fun but was too chickenshit to act on it until it was too late.

The crushing guilt stayed with me for quite a while, but I did learn from the experience.

Are you Nicholas Sparks? Is this a draft for your next book, Mr. Sparks? My girlfriend would love to meet you.

Good god SERIOUSLY. :cry::cry::cry::cry:

I got through all of that and though,"Hey, wait a sec, I know I've watched this movie before......."

406px-a_walk_to_remember_poster.jpg

The Raging Platypus on
    Quid wrote: »
    YOU'RE A GOD DAMN PLATYPUS.
    PSN Name: MusingPlatypus
  • Options
    cloudeaglecloudeagle Registered User regular
    edited August 2009
    I got a little choked up writing that, and it's been 15 years.

But I started dating again within a year and went on to find all kinds of crazy people. I've already written in the strange and embarrassing thread about blind dates with the bounty hunter and the social anxiety stripper. And of course the woman who loved inventing drama. Threw fits for no reason, threatened suicide, lied about getting pregnant, tried to get me to sign legal papers saying I gave up all rights to the (nonexistent) kid, and then said she had a miscarriage when her car hit a cow. She works as an elementary school teacher. ....yeah. Though this thread leads me to think her type is way too common.

But things worked out for me, since I'm about to get married to a wonderful woman who does big and small things to make me feel fantastic.

cloudeagle on
    Switch: 3947-4890-9293
  • Options
    WildcatWildcat Registered User regular
    edited August 2009
    This isn't about a crazy girlfriend (she was far from it) but a crazy situation. And it can certainly be argued that I was pretty damn crazy in this situation.

Right before my senior year of high school, I'm working at a training retreat for a positive peer pressure group in high school. Think Up With People only with 1.67% less cheese. Though somehow the membership of most of the more highly regarded cliques makes it a cool thing to be in. At any rate, it's there that I meet Jamie. She's a sophomore at the same school, very cute, utterly vivacious and almost always smiling. Fantastic girl. We hit it off pretty much immediately.

I'm elated. She's loads of fun and likes spending time with me! Silly me thought I was undatable! She seems really into me, and I'm really into her! Life is grand! But. (Of course there's a but.) She's very close to her parents, who are friendly but make it obvious that their daughter is their life. Not to mention the three of them are pretty active in a small Methodist church out in the country, filled with people who are also friendly but also seem quite protective of her. I quickly get the impression that if I step just one toe out of line I will immediately get drawn and quartered.

Add in the facts that I was inexperienced, I was fairly non-assertive and terrified to make the first move and I was horrible at reading signals, and the end result was that I barely touched her during the six months we dated. Did I want to? Hell yes. She was cute, I was hormonal and I was developing feelings for her. But I didn't. Sure, I hugged her, and I held her hand a few times, but in the entire six months we dated I didn't even kiss her. I was just too scared.

At the end of the six months she broke up with me, saying she didn't think things were working out. I was hurt, but I got over it soon enough and we stayed on good terms. Heck, we kept talking regularly.

Cut to the end of the school year. I'm on the newspaper staff, and the staff had just selected the current sophomores who would be on the staff next year and help out with the production of the last paper to get training from us. She's one of them. So we wind up working on the paper together after school hours one night. I have no idea what came over me, but suddenly I'm Mr. Suave. I'm flirty, I rubbed her shoulders, and at one point I picked her up and carried her down the hall. We both had a great time.

That night, she wrote me a note where she finally opens up to me about why we broke up. Namely, because I never touched her. She wanted me to touch her... badly, in fact. The fact that she didn't drove her crazy and made me think that I wasn't interested, and she was the type to expect the guy to make the first move. But that night, I had touched her more than I did in months of dating. She realized I was into her and capable of being physically affectionate, and she floated the idea of getting back together.

I finally got the note when her parents gave it to me, two weeks after Jamie died. She had an exceedingly rare blood condition that literally prevented her body from making red blood cells. Every month, she'd make a three-hour trip to a Memphis hospital for a full blood transfusion. I knew about that from the beginning, and since she seemed healthy I didn't let it bother me (unlike other guys she attempted to date). But she knew that people with the disease died young... better treatment was helping them live longer, but the future was very uncertain. (When she stopped growing as fast, the iron that wasn't being flushed out of her body as a side effect built up and caused her to fade, all within two weeks.) How did she react to knowing she would have a short life? She lived life to the fullest. She had fun. And she wanted to have all kinds of fun with the right guy. A guy who absolutely wanted the same sort of fun but was too chickenshit to act on it until it was too late.

The crushing guilt stayed with me for quite a while, but I did learn from the experience.

:(
    Very much :(

Wildcat on
  • Options
    JebusUDJebusUD Adventure! Candy IslandRegistered User regular
    edited August 2009
    But things worked out for me, since I'm about to get married to a wonderful woman who does big and small things to make me feel fantastic.

This makes me feel so much better about life. I was about to have to get the aspirin and the booze described in the other story.

JebusUD on
    and I wonder about my neighbors even though I don't have them
    but they're listening to every word I say
  • Options
    edited August 2009
    Hey, Cloudeagle, that's great. Just fess up to being Nicholas Sparks.

Do the piles and piles of money make it all worthwhile? Making millions of women cry. How do you sleep at night? You disgust me.

KrunkMcGrunk on
    mrsatansig.png
  • Options
    BolthornBolthorn Registered User regular
    edited August 2009
    Gar king wrote: »
    Mortal Sky wrote: »
    Bitch

I'm going into a rather dangerous line of work which she always tried to guilt me out of as well. We ended up getting a pet together who sadly god sick and died. Towards the end of the relationship, she ended up confessing to me that she had a dream that the pet would die and it did. Keep in mind the pet was sick for a while and really saw it coming. She then confessed to me, completely seriously, that she also had a dream that I got hurt at work and that the reason she monopolized all my time was because, due to her newly found clairvoyance, it was her duty to protect me from getting hurt on the job. Like, her cosmic duty/destiny.

Ouch. and I thought Twilight was difficult.

well, whenever my mom dreams of fishes like 90% of the time (only one time she told me and it didn't happen) someone's preggers

We may be related unless this is common. Someone in my family had this same weird fish dream and someone was pregnant power.

Bolthorn on
  • Options
    HalfmexHalfmex I mock your value system You also appear foolish in the eyes of othersRegistered User regular
    edited August 2009
    Potential future crazy that I'm not sure whether i should put the brakes on right now or let it ride and see where it goes. My wife (of 3 years but we have been together for almost 9) has this friend from highschool. This friend is a girl and is hot. This friend has apparently had a crush on my wife for years, my wife is well aware of this. We have talked some at various times about having a threesome, but have repeatedly said we could never do it with like some stranger from a bar, as we both associate emotion and sex quite strongly. Now... I'm cooking dinner for the two of them sometime this weekend. This will either end up being awesome or horrifying. Guess we'll see.
    Associate sex and emotion quite strongly? I'm sure there's nothing that could go wrong if you and your wife become emotionally attached to someone you see regularly. Nope, that's a great idea.
    Hah, for real.

Associating sex and emotion is the worst, the WORST, thing you can possibly do when considering a threesome.

Sex is an act, like a massage only more...moist.

Lovemaking is sex + emotions.

If you want to have even the most infinitessimal shred of hope of this threesome working out, you and your wife need to learn to differentiate the two. Like pronto.

Halfmex on
  • Options
    Gabriel_PittGabriel_Pitt (effective against Russian warships) Registered User regular
    edited August 2009
    tl;dr: My friend's ex was a tranny fucker.
    Hmm, I suppose I should phrase carefully around this, but on it's surface, there's really nothing wrong with that alone.

Gabriel_Pitt on
  • Options
    GammarahGammarah Registered User regular
    edited August 2009
    Gonmun wrote: »
    Lets hope that he never writes for Futurama.

Great, now you've reminded me of the episode about Fry's dog. Bastard. :cry:

My evil plan is complete! Muahahaha!

Also thank god, cloudeagle. I'm happy for you.

Gammarah on
  • Options
    edited August 2009
    Well, the only bad experience I've had was with my first really serious relationship.

I started seeing this girl that was 2 years older then me when I was in High School (grade 10, she was grade 12). Things went pretty swimmingly for us. First I love you's, etc.

She wound up taking a college course in my grade 12 year and after I graduated we both went to the same college, different courses that were in the same building. Things were a bit rocky for us that year but we made it through. The following year though she was in the lab all the time, hanging out with classmates and I felt like I couldn't hang out with anyone in my class. Eventually I got frustrated of lunchtimes and evenings alone and started hanging out with guys in my class. Played pool, did crazy college stuff, lan parties.

On the final day before the winter break she had one of our high school friends stay with us at our apartment. I went to a lan party since I wouldn't be seeing my friends for 3 weeks. I get back and things are pretty quiet. She and her friend had gone out drinking with a bunch of her classmates. The following evening she tells me it's over. Completely out of the blue, didn't see it coming save for a bit of distance and quiet throughout the day. Yet, she still expects me to drive her and her friend home for christmas since otherwise they would have to take the bus and couldn't afford it. So,the car ride is dead silent for the whole 3 hours. I drop the friend of first, then the now ex who says she doesn't know what to do anymore. I leave a ring she gave me on her suitcase and just don't say anything.

Three days later I'm t-boned by a drunk driver while driving to my old high school with some old friends to play basketball. The ex comes the next day and only says a few things before leaving. I get the car fixed but am still sort of depressed which didn't make for a nice christmas.

I go back to college in January, a few days before the new semester starts and I'm managing to be civil with the ex while we share the apartment. Thankfully a 2 bdrm. A few days later we plan on her coming back in the evening after she finishes working on animation stuff so we can have a nice dinner on my birthday and maybe watch a movie. That night she arrives 2 hours after I made dinner. With a guy from her class and announces that she's going to his place to "watch movies". As she's gathering some things together I stop at her bedroom door. This is how the conversation went.

Me: "So my folks called today..."
    Ex:"Oh, how are they?"
    Me:"Fine...they called to wish me a HAPPY BIRTHDAY!"
    Ex:"..."

And I shit you not she had her back to me and very slowly turned around with a look of absolute horror on her face.

Me:"Yeah...fuck you!"

I slam the door to my room and get dressed. She leaves and waits with the guy for a cab. Me being as pissed as I am decide to just walk to the dorm to see a friend. Her cab passes me on the way with her in it and I flip her off.

Needless to say things went further downhill after that.

Gonmun on
    ~ * swole patrol flying roundhouse kick top performer recognition: April 2014 * ~
  • Options
    Abba ZabaothAbba Zabaoth Registered User regular
    edited August 2009
    Hmm, I suppose I should phrase carefully around this, but on it's surface, there's really nothing wrong with that alone.

There wouldn't be, if my friend were the tranny, or if the ex fucked a tranny while not with my friend. But "tranny-cheater-with" doesn't really have the same ring to it.

Abba Zabaoth on
  • Options
    edited August 2009

Except the whole infidelity thing.

KrunkMcGrunk on
    mrsatansig.png
  • Options
    Gar kingGar king Registered User regular
    edited August 2009
    Bolthorn wrote: »
    Gar king wrote: »
    Mortal Sky wrote: »
    Bitch

I'm going into a rather dangerous line of work which she always tried to guilt me out of as well. We ended up getting a pet together who sadly god sick and died. Towards the end of the relationship, she ended up confessing to me that she had a dream that the pet would die and it did. Keep in mind the pet was sick for a while and really saw it coming. She then confessed to me, completely seriously, that she also had a dream that I got hurt at work and that the reason she monopolized all my time was because, due to her newly found clairvoyance, it was her duty to protect me from getting hurt on the job. Like, her cosmic duty/destiny.

Ouch. and I thought Twilight was difficult.

well, whenever my mom dreams of fishes like 90% of the time (only one time she told me and it didn't happen) someone's preggers

We may be related unless this is common. Someone in my family had this same weird fish dream and someone was pregnant power.

maybe we are, the conversation is the same every time.

mom: I dreamed of fishes last night, someone's pregnate

me: mom, that bullshit

*a few week later someone calls and tells her their about to have a baby*

Gar king on
    Your sig is too tall. -Thanatos
    zel999.png
  • Options
    SpawnbrokerSpawnbroker Registered User regular
    edited August 2009

That night, she wrote me a note where she finally opens up to me about why we broke up. Namely, because I never touched her. She wanted me to touch her... badly, in fact. The fact that I didn't drove her crazy and made her think that I wasn't interested, and she was the type to expect the guy to make the first move. But that night, I had touched her more than I did in months of dating. She realized I was into her and capable of being physically affectionate, and she floated the idea of getting back together.

Jesus cloudeagle, your life is like the plot to a romantic comedy, except instead of seeing the guy get the girl at the end, the main character just reaches through the screen and dickpunches the audience.

Spawnbroker on
    Steam: Spawnbroker
  • Options
    HeirHeir Ausitn, TXRegistered User regular
    edited August 2009
    I got a little choked up writing that, and it's been 15 years.

But I started dating again within a year and went on to find all kinds of crazy people. I've already written in the strange and embarrassing thread about blind dates with the bounty hunter and the social anxiety stripper. And of course the woman who loved inventing drama. Threw fits for no reason, threatened suicide, lied about getting pregnant, tried to get me to sign legal papers saying I gave up all rights to the (nonexistent) kid, and then said she had a miscarriage when her car hit a cow. She works as an elementary school teacher. ....yeah. Though this thread leads me to think her type is way too common.

Expand on this please.

Heir on
    camo_sig2.png
  • Options
    Bullfrogof7272Bullfrogof7272 Registered User regular
    edited August 2009
    Halfmex wrote: »
    Hah, for real.

Associating sex and emotion is the worst, the WORST, thing you can possibly do when considering a threesome.

Sex is an act, like a massage only more...moist.

Lovemaking is sex + emotions.

If you want to have even the most infinitessimal shred of hope of this threesome working out, you and your wife need to learn to differentiate the two. Like pronto.

Let me rephrase, My wife and i are not the type of people who could pick up a stranger from a bar, bring them back to the house, and bone them. We have to at least know we like the person before anything sexual happens.

Bullfrogof7272 on
    the hammer, is my penis.
  • Options
    Gabriel_PittGabriel_Pitt (effective against Russian warships) Registered User regular
    edited August 2009

Except the whole infidelity thing.
    Well, that wasn't included in the tl:dr. I was slightly alluding to the post I made on the last page about my first girlfriend now being a guy.
    Disclaimer: there's no actual craziness and minimal drama. This is for background purposes only.
    Long story short, she was 'straight' when we started, but had always had signs of swinging the other way. I made no attempts to dissuade when she started going bi, and she started getting close to a female member of our social circle. We broke up because she was getting really close with the other girl and not so interested in me anymore, and she really wanted the two of us to be close friends. Other girl and I had no chemistry, or even particular like for each other. By the time we graduated, ex gf had gone completely homosexual, and we drifted out of contact when we went off to college. It was six years later through a mutual acquaintance that I'd heard she'd recently had 'the operation.'
    Though this thread leads me to think her type is way too common.
    What makes you think that? It's a thread to tell stories of the times when it went bad, so of course you're not going to hear from the people whose story is, 'Well the chemistry just wasn't there and we drifted apart."

Gabriel_Pitt on
  • Options
    SheepSheep Registered User, __BANNED USERS regular
    edited August 2009
    This thread makes me feel normal.

Sheep on
  • Options
    edited August 2009
    For a second I got you and Pony mixed up (damned hoofed-mammel all look alike at the carrion times). Coming from him, _that_ would've been a funny statement.

Gabriel_Pitt on
  • Options
    urahonkyurahonky Registered User regular
    edited August 2009
    Gonmun wrote: »
    Well, the only bad experience I've had was with my first really serious relationship.

I started seeing this girl that was 2 years older then me when I was in High School (grade 10, she was grade 12). Things went pretty swimmingly for us. First I love you's, etc.

She wound up taking a college course in my grade 12 year and after I graduated we both went to the same college, different courses that were in the same building. Things were a bit rocky for us that year but we made it through. The following year though she was in the lab all the time, hanging out with classmates and I felt like I couldn't hang out with anyone in my class. Eventually I got frustrated of lunchtimes and evenings alone and started hanging out with guys in my class. Played pool, did crazy college stuff, lan parties.

On the final day before the winter break she had one of our high school friends stay with us at our apartment. I went to a lan party since I wouldn't be seeing my friends for 3 weeks. I get back and things are pretty quiet. She and her friend had gone out drinking with a bunch of her classmates. The following evening she tells me it's over. Completely out of the blue, didn't see it coming save for a bit of distance and quiet throughout the day. Yet, she still expects me to drive her and her friend home for christmas since otherwise they would have to take the bus and couldn't afford it. So,the car ride is dead silent for the whole 3 hours. I drop the friend of first, then the now ex who says she doesn't know what to do anymore. I leave a ring she gave me on her suitcase and just don't say anything.

Three days later I'm t-boned by a drunk driver while driving to my old high school with some old friends to play basketball. The ex comes the next day and only says a few things before leaving. I get the car fixed but am still sort of depressed which didn't make for a nice christmas.

I go back to college in January, a few days before the new semester starts and I'm managing to be civil with the ex while we share the apartment. Thankfully a 2 bdrm. A few days later we plan on her coming back in the evening after she finishes working on animation stuff so we can have a nice dinner on my birthday and maybe watch a movie. That night she arrives 2 hours after I made dinner. With a guy from her class and announces that she's going to his place to "watch movies". As she's gathering some things together I stop at her bedroom door. This is how the conversation went.

Me: "So my folks called today..."
    Ex:"Oh, how are they?"
    Me:"Fine...they called to wish me a HAPPY BIRTHDAY!"
    Ex:"..."

And I shit you not she had her back to me and very slowly turned around with a look of absolute horror on her face.

Me:"Yeah...fuck you!"

I slam the door to my room and get dressed. She leaves and waits with the guy for a cab. Me being as pissed as I am decide to just walk to the dorm to see a friend. Her cab passes me on the way with her in it and I flip her off.

Needless to say things went further downhill after that.

Basically, don't fuck with Gonmun.

urahonky on
  • Options
    HalfmexHalfmex I mock your value system You also appear foolish in the eyes of othersRegistered User regular
    edited August 2009
    Let me rephrase, My wife and i are not the type of people who could pick up a stranger from a bar, bring them back to the house, and bone them. We have to at least know we like the person before anything sexual happens.
    Well yeah, that's pretty standard. Just so long as you both can reasonably entertain the idea of (consentually) getting it on with other people without any emotional involvement whatsoever, then you're in the clear.

Otherwise, you may want to change course there a bit.

Halfmex on
  • Options
    DynagripDynagrip Break me a million hearts HoustonRegistered User, ClubPA regular
    edited August 2009
    urahonky wrote: »

or else he'll cry into his pillow all night?

Dynagrip on
  • Options
    TamTam Registered User regular
    edited August 2009
    well, thanks for the crushing vicarious tragedy, cloudeagle, I'm gonna go sit and stare at the wall for a while

Tam on
  • Options
    edited August 2009
    Seriously, Cloudeagle, are you Nicholas Sparks? y/n

KrunkMcGrunk on
    mrsatansig.png
  • Options
    edited August 2009
    As I said we'll see. And as suggested should this blow up in my face you will all hear about it. Should it go swimmingly you probably won't. Until a few months/years down the line someone makes a crazy awesome things that happened in your marriage thread.

Bullfrogof7272 on
    the hammer, is my penis.
  • Options
    ThomamelasThomamelas Only one man can kill this many Russians. Bring his guitar to me! Registered User regular
    edited August 2009
    As some people have pointed out, there are always warning signs for a bad relationship. Scarring on the arms, controlling behavior, etc. But there is always one massive red flag that should never be avoided.

Story three: In which our hero dates a stripper.

I was in college then. I had just been dumped by the very nice girl with the psycho dad from my second set of stories. So I accepted a set up from a friend and we go out. Very traditional first date, dinner and a movie. We discussed what we did for a living, I worked in a bookstore and the person I was set up with was a stripper. Now alarm bells are going off in my head, warning sirens are sounding and my inner voice is screaming to run. But the set up seemed nice enough, hadn't done anything and maybe they were just putting themselves through school. I mean I shouldn't judge someone based on a stereotype. So I didn't bolt. And me not bolting was enough of a trigger to cause the set up to really open up.

The set up told me that they were a practicing wiccian. Okay, not a big deal. I work with some at the bookstore and I've learned to just never discuss religion with them. Then the set up begins to talk about all of the annoyances in their life because of the restraining order taken out on them by an ex-boyfriend. And this is the point in which I decide that the movie is out. We're walking in the parking lot and doing my best to be graceful, but it's going over like a lead balloon. He beings to scream at me which draws the attention of a near by cop. The cop heads over to see what's up but before he can say a word, my date goes nuts on him.

The cop beats the living shit out of him. We all end up going down to the station in separate cars and I had to sign a statement saying that the officer in question hadn't provoked my date.

Thomamelas on
  • Options
    urahonkyurahonky Registered User regular
    edited August 2009
    Dynagrip wrote: »

Well, he could hit you with the pillow afterward and make it hurt?

urahonky on
  • Options
    PeregrineFalconPeregrineFalcon Registered User regular
    edited August 2009
    Shit son, it never blows up right away. You might think it's gone great.

And then, three years down the line, shit will suddenly get real.

PeregrineFalcon on
    Looking for a DX:HR OnLive code for my kid brother.
    Can trade TF2 items or whatever else you're interested in. PM me.
  • Options
    edited August 2009
    Yes this is a fear i have. However... I am an idiot.

Bullfrogof7272 on
    the hammer, is my penis.
  • Options
    JebusUDJebusUD Adventure! Candy IslandRegistered User regular
    edited August 2009
    Thomamelas wrote: »
    As some people have pointed out, there are always warning signs for a bad relationship. Scarring on the arms, controlling behavior, etc. But there is always one massive red flag that should never be avoided.

Story three: In which our hero dates a stripper.

I was in college then. I had just been dumped by the very nice girl with the psycho dad from my second set of stories. So I accepted a set up from a friend and we go out. Very traditional first date, dinner and a movie. We discussed what we did for a living, I worked in a bookstore and the person I was set up with was a stripper. Now alarm bells are going off in my head, warning sirens are sounding and my inner voice is screaming to run. But the set up seemed nice enough, hadn't done anything and maybe they were just putting themselves through school. I mean I shouldn't judge someone based on a stereotype. So I didn't bolt. And me not bolting was enough of a trigger to cause the set up to really open up.

The set up told me that they were a practicing wiccian. Okay, not a big deal. I work with some at the bookstore and I've learned to just never discuss religion with them. Then the set up begins to talk about all of the annoyances in their life because of the restraining order taken out on them by an ex-boyfriend. And this is the point in which I decide that the movie is out. We're walking in the parking lot and doing my best to be graceful, but it's going over like a lead balloon. He beings to scream at me which draws the attention of a near by cop. The cop heads over to see what's up but before he can say a word, my date goes nuts on him.

The cop beats the living shit out of him. We all end up going down to the station in separate cars and I had to sign a statement saying that the officer in question hadn't provoked my date.

So, just for the sake of the people thinking "bitches be crazy," at one point you switched to dudes and they were equally crazy?

JebusUD on
    and I wonder about my neighbors even though I don't have them
    but they're listening to every word I say
  • Options
    cloudeaglecloudeagle Registered User regular
    edited August 2009
    Seriously, Cloudeagle, are you Nicholas Sparks? y/n

I believe my bank account is 1/100,000th of his, so no. :P

cloudeagle on
    Switch: 3947-4890-9293
  • Options
    edited August 2009
    Dynagrip wrote: »

Well, he could hit you with the pillow afterward and make it hurt?

That's it. Just for that you're both getting the worst case of indian burns you have ever known. And my random insertion of penis comments in your posts. :twisted:

Gonmun on
  • Options
    PeenPeen Registered User regular
    edited August 2009
    I was confused by the pronoun switch too; was your stripper a man/woman/both?

Peen on
  • Options
    SteevLSteevL What can I do for you? Registered User regular
    edited August 2009
    Just read cloudeagle's story

SteevL on
  • Options
    IncenjucarIncenjucar VChatter Seattle, WARegistered User regular
    edited August 2009
    SteevL wrote: »
    Just read cloudeagle's story

Carpe diem.

Incenjucar on
  • Options
    PasserbyePasserbye I am much older than you. in Beach CityRegistered User regular
    edited August 2009
    Xtarath wrote: »
    Ethical question: At what point is it your responbility as a member of soceity to report this guy?

A. When you have a picture or evidence.
    B. When is being beaten.
    C. The guys is 9 years older than her and should be reported in the first place.

Then again you can make the argument that without evidence nothing would happen and he would just beat her for going to the cops and such, but what else can someone do in this case to not let this happen or go this far?

Am I to understand you got a picture while she was being beat? If so, why the fuck didn't you do something.

If it was after the fact, then refer to above post.

Brian - I'd say all three count as to when you should do something about it. Please refer to my response below to see why I waited until I had evidence.

Xtarath - When I had the evidence (photo) I was willing to report it with or without her agreeing to it, since the photo was undeniable. I'll also mention that I was only 14 at the time and really didn't know much about what to do (thus the not reporting until I had evidence). At the point of taking the photo I had only been taking Aikido for two years, was a foot shorter than her boyfriend, and about 100 pounds lighter. Add to that the fact that this guy was military (Marine, if I remember correctly, or Army) and presumably had hand-to-hand training (as far as I knew), there was no way I was going to pick a fight with him, let alone get between them. As it was he nearly brained me when he realized I'd taken a photo, it was all I could do to grab L's wrist and run. Thankfully her house was near a busy bus line so we managed to get away from him and call the cops.

Passerbye on
  • Options
    ThomamelasThomamelas Only one man can kill this many Russians. Bring his guitar to me! Registered User regular
    edited August 2009
    JebusUD wrote: »
    So, just for the sake of the people thinking "bitches be crazy," at one point you switched to dudes and they were equally crazy?

No, he wasn't the first guy I dated, that would be B from the very first story I told a while back. And I had a fairly good idea that I wasn't going to escape drama by taking male lovers. I expected the drama to go up if only due to other people's reactions, something I wasn't looking forward to.

Thomamelas on
This discussion has been closed.