As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[PRIME] Must-see stuff to see at PAX (Like the CTS in Tekken 6)

• PimpMethodPimpMethod Registered User regular
    edited July 2009
    For me it's Rockstar (I don't know what they got im just a fan) Capcom for Lost Planet 2, EA for Need For Speed Shift, Ubisoft for Ruse, Actvision for DJ Hero, Microsoft for the dashboard update.

PimpMethod on
  • dyaballikldyaballikl PAX Main Theatre House & Security Manager • PAX Community Cartographer Gold Coast QLD AustraliaRegistered User regular
    edited July 2009
    S2000Gan wrote: »
    AliBite wrote: »
    All my boyfriend and I are going for is the Bungie booth, with Reach and ODST it should be great. :mrgreen: Everything else is just icing.

Now that's what I'm talking about!
    Damn, too bad you already have a Boyfriend. XD Jk'ing.
    PAX IS NOT A DATING SERVICE
    :P

dyaballikl on
    a.k.a. dya
    "Riding a mongoose reminds me of having sex with a man, which is something I do frequently because I am gay!" -Gabe
  • ShadeShade Registered User regular
    edited July 2009
    dyaballikl wrote: »
    All my boyfriend and I are going for is the Bungie booth, with Reach and ODST it should be great. :mrgreen: Everything else is just icing.

No its not a dating service, but keep your eyes open because you never know who you'll meet!

Shade on
  • dyaballikldyaballikl PAX Main Theatre House & Security Manager • PAX Community Cartographer Gold Coast QLD AustraliaRegistered User regular
    edited July 2009
    Shade wrote: »

No its not a dating service, but keep your eyes open because you never know who you'll meet!

hey big fella, you coming on to me? :winky::winky::winky:

dyaballikl on
    a.k.a. dya
    "Riding a mongoose reminds me of having sex with a man, which is something I do frequently because I am gay!" -Gabe
  • SovietMudkipzSovietMudkipz Registered User regular
    edited July 2009
    Raiden333 wrote: »
    something I'd like to NOT see is lines, but since this is a convention, I suppose that's inevitable isn't it?

2810660596_3e99b06643.jpg

Yes. Yes it is.

Is that me?
    Untitled-2.jpg
    I think it is, what line was that?

SovietMudkipz on
    camo_sig.png
  • SovietMudkipzSovietMudkipz Registered User regular
    edited July 2009
    I'm excited to see some God of War 3 as well if that might be about!

You and me both.
    If there is actually, seriously a playable demo I would almost be willing to sprint to the booth upon PAX opening.

Well, they would yell at me if I did but still.

SovietMudkipz on
    camo_sig.png
  • CronusCronus Registered User regular
    edited July 2009

You and me both.
    If there is actually, seriously a playable demo I would almost be willing to sprint to the booth upon PAX opening.

Yell, yes. What you need to also watch out for is the kicking. And the beating. Oh the beatings. They are called enforcers because they enforce the will of Khoo. :twisted:

Cronus on
    camo_sig.png
    "Read twice, post once. It's almost like 'measure twice, cut once' only with reading." - MetaverseNomad
    edited July 2009
    Cronus wrote: »

You and me both.

Yell, yes. What you need to also watch out for is the kicking. And the beating. Oh the beatings. They are called enforcers because they enforce the will of Khoo. :twisted:
    don't forget the simple will to just kick and beat sony fanboys :D

dyaballikl on
    a.k.a. dya
  • nintendoXOnintendoXO Registered User regular
    edited July 2009
    Im looking forward too *fingers crossed*

SW:TOR
    God of war 3
    Castlevania: Lords of Shadow
    Assassian Creed 2
    Final fantasy 13

nintendoXO on
  • redhaloredhalo Also a Professional Alcoholic Registered User regular
    edited July 2009
    CuZZa wrote: »
    WAH WAH WAH I DON'T LIKE GETTING VALUE FOR MONEY AND AN AWESOME GAME, WE JUST WANT TO DO THE SAME THING OVER AND OVER AGAIN

... ARE YOU GOD DAMN HIGH? CLEARLY NOT. There is WAY more to The Beatles Rock Band than just 45 tracks. 45 extra tracks for Rock Band sounds like a shit idea to me. But the additional gameplay elements like the 3 part harmonies, the psychedelic stages, all of the new artwork and style and the rumoured Beatles career with their progression from the Liverpool underground, the the Ed Sullivan Show, to Yankee Stadium, India and the psychedelic era to finishing with the Rooftop concert all with the story and commentary by the Beatles (most archived but some new from McCartney and Starr), that MAKES this game for me. It has been developed in such a loving and caring way that this game is more than just a Rock Band game, and mixing it with normal tracks would be criminal. They would not suit, it would not work.

So yeah, looking forward to seeing me some Beatles Rock Band. Also Scribblenauts, Starcraft 2/Diablo 3 and Splinter Cell: Conviction. I'd also like to see what some smaller indie devs have, I had so much fun seeing what they had up their sleeves last year. I am still unhappy I can't find that awesome Wasabi/Sushi game I found last year. It was like one of the mini games from Fusion Frenzy but you were little pieces of sushi on a plate trying to get the wasabi on you to become delicious and you had to knock the other sushi off the plate to get them to drop it. Or was that just something I imagined after chugging too many tall boys of Bawls that QB gave me?

I believe the awesome sushi game you speak of is Sushi Bumper. It's an Xbox Live Community game that got released last month. I don't know how Community game releases work down under though.

And I for one will say it...I'm not really fond of the Beatles.

redhalo on
  • Norm99Norm99 Registered User regular
    edited July 2009

Thank you.

Norm99 on
  • ArcoArco Registered User regular
    edited July 2009
    redhalo wrote: »

Terrorist.

Arco on
    Like this, not like the gas station.
    Organizer of the Post-PAX Party. You should come!
    Satellite Theater for life!
    edited July 2009
    Arco wrote: »

Terrorist.

Yeah I know, I'm so un-American. Hey how about that Forza 3, pretty good chance of seeing it at PAX I'd imagine. OP needs a list of games coming out this fall so we know what will possibly be shown.

redhalo on
  • S2000GanS2000Gan Spartan-Rogue Class, Red Squad Bellevue, WARegistered User regular
    edited July 2009
    Actually I think I heard Forza 3 is going to be released before PAX

S2000Gan on
    hnx2ZrU.jpg6jYGFlE.png
  • SerenitySerenity Registered User regular
    edited July 2009
    still it would be cool if they had it at PAX...

Serenity on
    qxd8or7ouox3.png
    edited July 2009
    forza 3 release date: 10/27/09

dyaballikl on
    a.k.a. dya
  • PimpMethodPimpMethod Registered User regular
    edited July 2009
    Def Jam Rapstar and Scratch:The Ultimate DJ for me

PimpMethod on
    edited July 2009
    PimpMethod wrote: »
    Def Jam Rapstar and Scratch:The Ultimate DJ for me

You know they have real video games there, too, right?

dyaballikl on
    a.k.a. dya
  • AsiinaAsiina ... WaterlooRegistered User regular
    edited July 2009
    I may actually brave the lines for L4D2, as I am very much on the fence about buying it. I want to play it, but pretty annoyed with the fact that it's a sequel. It'll be nice to see if it feels different enough to warrant whatever pricetag they are giving it.

Asiina on
  • WormdundeeWormdundee Registered User regular
    edited July 2009
    Yeah, I just read the most recent issue of PC Gamer and they had a sort of open letter to the gaming community to stop whining about L4D2. I can agree that the whining is over the top, but there ARE valid reasons for disliking this move by Valve.

Plus, they tried to say that we were stupid for complaining about the length between Half Life episode releases being too long, and now that something comes out within a year we're saying it's too short.

Y'know, other than the fact that they're completely different styles of game, and you can't 'split the community' on a Half Life episode.

I'm still looking forward to it though. I think there will be enough differences to warrant a new release. I really hope that they don't release it at full price though. It should be 35-40 dollars.

Wormdundee on
  • Rogue_hunterRogue_hunter Breaks Through Brick Walls Los AngelesRegistered User regular
    edited July 2009
    Wormdundee wrote: »
    Yeah, I just read the most recent issue of PC Gamer and they had a sort of open letter to the gaming community to stop whining about L4D2. I can agree that the whining is over the top, but there ARE valid reasons for disliking this move by Valve.

Plus, they tried to say that we were stupid for complaining about the length between Half Life episode releases being too long, and now that something comes out within a year we're saying it's too short.

Y'know, other than the fact that they're completely different styles of game, and you can't 'split the community' on a Half Life episode.

I'm still looking forward to it though. I think there will be enough differences to warrant a new release. I really hope that they don't release it at full price though. It should be 35-40 dollars.

Game Informer basically called a letter writer with the same concerns a moron in the latest issue. Specifically called him a "whiny, entitled brat."

I remember L4D being really fun last year when playing it, even though it was the 360 version and I'd be getting the PC release. Between PAX and release though, it seemed to have lost it's luster. Sure, I've had some fun moments, but it didn't quite "wow" me like the demo from PAX did. I'd like to see the differences, but I'm likely gonna hold off until I hear more impressions.

As for stuff I want to see, I can't really think of anything that I "have" to see, but I'd like to check out StarCraft 2 to see if it's advanced beyond "Starcraft 1 with newer visuals and units" (my opinion after seeing all the videos from initial release). Plus I'd like to grab one of those sweet pins they were giving out for playing the 30 minute demo last year.
    The majority of my PAX is going to be meeting IRC/Twitter people and hanging out with friends.

Rogue_hunter on
    PlayStation Network: Rogue_hunter
    Steam: Rogue_hunter
    Games for Windows Live: Roguality
    Google+
    Twitter
  • mentok1982mentok1982 I could never leave you PAX baby. BaltimoreRegistered User regular
    edited August 2009
    Woops double post.

mentok1982 on
    Penny Arcade TV makes my life complete!
    PS3: Mentok || Steam: mentok1982 || Diablo 3: mentok1982#1212
    Links: GPUReview.com My IGN activity My IGN Blog [H]ard|Forum
  • mentok1982mentok1982 I could never leave you PAX baby. BaltimoreRegistered User regular
    edited August 2009
    The exhibitor list is available now!

http://kotaku.com/5331575/nearly-100-exhibitors-lined-up-for-pax-2009
    http://www.joystiq.com/2009/08/06/pax-exhibitors-revealed-star-wars-fans-should-start-lining-up-n/#continued

- 1up
    - 2K Games [Borderlands, NBA 2K10, NHL 2K10]
    - Aeria Games & Entertainment
    - Alienware
    - Alteil
    - Ankama Games
    - Antec
    - Astro Gaming
    - Atari, Inc. [Backyard Football '09, Qubed]
    - Bethesda Softworks LLC [Rogue Warrior, Wet]
    - Big Fish Games
    - Bioware [Star Wars: The Old Republic]
    - Black Sheep Studios
    - Blizzard Entertainment [StarCraft II]
    - Capcom Entertainment, Inc. [Dark Void, Dead Rising 2, Dino Crisis, Lost Planet 2]
    - CCP Games
    - CDV Software Entertainment USA [Divinity 2: Ego Draconis, Lawn Games]
    - Chessex
    - Disney Interactive Studios [Disney Sing It: Pop Hits, Power Rangers: Super Legends, The Princess and the Frog, Split/Second,
    Toy Story Mania]

- Dolby Laboratories
    - ECA
    - Electronic Arts [APB, Army of Two: The 40th Day, Battlefield: Bad Company 2, Brütal Legend, Command & Conquer 4, Crysis 2,
    Dead Space Extraction, Dragon Age: Origins, Mass Effect, NBA Live 10, Need for Speed Shift, NHL 10, The Saboteur ]

- Eminence Group Pty. Ltd.
    - Fallen Earth LLC
    - Flying Frog Productions
    - Flying Lab Software
    - Frogster America
    - Funcom
    - Garage Games
    - Geek Chic HQ
    - Gunnar Optiks
    - Harmonix Music [Beatles: Rock Band, Rock Band Network]
    - Hi-Rez Studios
    - Hothead Games [DeathSpank]
    - Hudson Entertainment [Deca Sports 2, Military Madness]
    - iGlove Inc.
    - Ignition Entertainment
    - ITT Technical Institute
    - Jones Soda Co.
    - Klei Entertainment
    - Mana Energy Potions
    - Mega64
    - Microsoft [Forza Motorsport 3, Halo 3: ODST, Lips: Number One Hits, Perfect Dark, South Park Let's Go Tower Defense Play!]
    - Microsoft-XNA
    - Mythic Entertainment
    - Namco Bandai Games America inc [Dragon Ball: Raging Blast, Magnacarta 2, Tekken 6]
    - Namco Networks America Inc.
    - NCsoft [Aion, Soccer Fury]
    - Nexon [Dungeon Fighter Online, Sugar Rush]
    - Nintendo of America Inc [Disaster: Day of Crisis, Fatal Frame: Mask of the Lunar Eclipse, Metroid: Other M, New Super Mario Bros.,
    Wii Fit Plus]

- NVIDIA
    - Omni Consumer Products (Tru Blood)
    - Oni Press
    - Patriot Memory
    - Phantom EFX, Inc. [Darkest of Days]
    - Pink Gorilla LLC
    - Playlogic Entertainment Inc. [Crazy Garage, Fairytale Fights, Zooloretto]
    - Privateer Press
    - Riot Games [League of Legends: Clash of Fates]
    - Rockstar Games [Grand Theft Auto IV: The Ballad of Gay Tony, Max Payne 3, Red Dead Redemption]
    - Rooster Teeth Productions, LLC
    - Runic Games
    - SEGA [Alpha Protocol, Mario & Sonic at the Olympic Winter Games, Planet 51]
    - Sony CEA [The Agency, Contra: Legacy of War, Dark Mist, Dead in the Water, Free Realms, God of War III, Gran Turismo 5,
    MAG, PixelJunk Shooter, Ratchet and Clank Future: A Crack in Time, Uncharted 2: Among Thieves]

- Stardock Entertainment [Elemental: War of Magic, Galactic Civilizations II]
    - SteelSeries
    - Sweet Kitty
    - Swell Games / Simon Fraser University
    - Telltale Games [Wallace & Gromit's Grand Adventures, Episode 3: Muzzled!]
    - The Behemoth [Castle Crashers (PS3), The Behemoth Game #3]
    - The Dreaming Comics and Games
    - The Guildhall at SMU
    - THQ [Are You Smarter Than A 5th Grader? Game Time, Cars Race-O-Rama, Marvel Super Hero Squad,
    SpongeBob's Truth or Square]

- TN Games
    - Tozai, Inc.
    - Tritton Technologies
    - True Games Interactive
    - Turbine
    - Turtle Beach
    - Twisted Pixel Games, LLC
    - Ubisoft Entertainment [Assassin's Creed II, Avatar: The Game, Cloudy with a Chance of Meatballs, CSI: Deadly Intent,
    Heroes Over Europe, Rabbids Go Home, Splinter Cell: Conviction, Tom Clancy's Ghost Recon 4]

- Unknown Worlds Entertainment, Inc. [Natural Selection 2]
    - Upper Deck Entertainment
    - Valve Software
    - Vancouver Film School
    - Wacom Technology
    - Warner Bros. Games [Dirty Harry, LEGO Harry Potter, LEGO Rock Band, Where the Wild Things Are]
    - Wizards Of The Coast
    - Y-Bot Classic Video Games
    - Zalman USA Inc.

mentok1982 on
    Penny Arcade TV makes my life complete!
    PS3: Mentok || Steam: mentok1982 || Diablo 3: mentok1982#1212
    Links: GPUReview.com My IGN activity My IGN Blog [H]ard|Forum
  • emarecksaykayemarecksaykay Registered User regular
    edited August 2009
    I'm definitely looking forward to seeing Starcraft 2 and Assassins Creed 2. The Old Republic might be interesting to see as well. Other than that, I'll probably just wander around and maybe get some t-shirts and play a bunch of tabletop and DS games, but who knows, there's usually a few things that end up being surprisingly popular, so I'll keep my ears and eyes open.

emarecksaykay on
    -mrxak, OMEGANAUT '09
    (You just say the letters)
  • S2000GanS2000Gan Spartan-Rogue Class, Red Squad Bellevue, WARegistered User regular
    edited August 2009
    Is Piranha going to be there!?
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OJZnejcp-qo
    NEW MECHWARRIOR GAME!

S2000Gan on
    hnx2ZrU.jpg6jYGFlE.png
  • Qs23Qs23 Registered User regular
    edited August 2009
    Just incase you were wondering...

Companies not coming back this year:

Activision
    Brawndo
    Bungie
    clubNAMCO.com
    Cogswell Polytechnical College
    Cryptic Studios
    D3P
    Destineer
    Fantasy Flight Games
    Foundation 9 Entertainment
    Game Publishers Association
    Gamecock
    GameTrailers
    Indiecade
    Intel
    Media-blasters NYC
    Meteor Games
    Nokia
    Pegasus Publishing
    Pink Godzilla
    Plantronics
    Razer
    Sierra/Vivendi
    SouthPeak Games
    Sumo Lounge
    Tinderbox Entertainment
    Udon Entertainment / Oni Press
    Vivox
    Zenimax

New Companies for 09:

Aeria Games & Entertainment
    Alienware
    Alteil
    Ankama Games
    Atari, Inc.
    Big Fish Games
    Black Sheep Studios
    Capcom Entertainment, Inc.
    Chessex
    Disney Interactive Studios
    Eminence Group Pty. Ltd.
    Fallen Earth LLC
    Frogster America
    Funcom
    Geek Chic HQ
    Gunnar Optiks
    Hi-Rez Studios
    iGlove Inc.
    Ignition Entertainment
    Jones Soda Co.
    Mana Energy Potions
    Namco Networks America Inc.
    Nexon
    NVIDIA
    Omni Consumer Products (Tru Blood)
    Oni Press
    Phantom EFX, Inc.
    Pink Gorilla LLC
    Playlogic Entertainment Inc.
    Riot Games
    Runic Games
    SEGA
    SteelSeries
    Sweet Kitty
    Swell Games / Simon Fraser University
    The Dreaming Comics and Games
    TN Games
    Tozai, Inc.
    True Games Interactive
    Turtle Beach
    Twisted Pixel Games, LLC
    Unknown Worlds Entertainment, Inc.
    Valve Software
    Vancouver Film School
    Wacom Technology
    Warner Bros. Games
    Y-Bot Classic Video Games
    Zalman USA Inc.

Qs23 on
    PASig.gif
    edited August 2009
    Is Piranha going to be there!?
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OJZnejcp-qo
    NEW MECHWARRIOR GAME!

ZOMG! I just came buckets. I've been waiting for a new Mechwarrior game for what...9 years? A quality mech simulator is an untapped market right now.

redhalo on
  • CaptainTapoleCaptainTapole Awesome in the Possum - Yee-Haw! Northern CaliforniaRegistered User regular
    edited August 2009
    Qs23 wrote: »
    Just incase you were wondering...

New Companies for 09:

Sweet Kitty

They were there last year. They were in the back right next door to the Meteor Games booth (the booth that gave those cute baby salabounder plushies after signing up for their demo.)

CaptainTapole on
    The Girl Who Gave Everyone the Shortest Jenga Game Ever.
    edited August 2009
    Why the hell aren't Udon and Pink Godzilla coming back? I thought they had a long standing tradition with Penny Arcade. Where am I going to commission my Street Fighter drawing now? NERD RAEG!!

redhalo on
  • CaptainTapoleCaptainTapole Awesome in the Possum - Yee-Haw! Northern CaliforniaRegistered User regular
    edited August 2009
    Why the hell aren't Udon and Pink Godzilla coming back? I thought they had a long standing tradition with Penny Arcade. Where am I going to commission my Street Fighter drawing now? NERD RAEG!!

I think in the General Information thread, something about Pink Godzilla getting caught of using the name "Godzilla" without permission....or something. So, now they changed it to Pink Gorilla.

CaptainTapole on
  • Moe FwackyMoe Fwacky Right Here, Right Now Drives a BuickModerator mod
    edited August 2009
    Pink Godzilla is coming back under their new name, Pink Gorilla.

Moe Fwacky on
    E6LkoFK.png

edited August 2009

I think in the General Information thread, something about Pink Godzilla getting caught of using the name "Godzilla" without permission....or something. So, now they changed it to Pink Gorilla.

O...kay. So then they are still there, good stuff. But why no Udon, especially right after doing SFHD. Space must me at a hardcore premium this year. I'm kinda excited by several new names I've never heard of before, if only to be shown something I wasn't expecting.

redhalo on
    edited August 2009
    O...kay. So then they are still there, good stuff. But why no Udon, especially right after doing SFHD. Space must me at a hardcore premium this year. I'm kinda excited by several new names I've never heard of before, if only to be shown something I wasn't expecting.

No clue why Udon, but I am excited for Disney Interactive! ....I can't help it! My Worlds collide with video games and Disney!

CaptainTapole on
  • Archer006Archer006 Registered User regular
    edited August 2009
    In one of Bungie's weekly updates they said they would be showing off ODST in the Microsoft booth.

Archer006 on
    Who Dares, Wins"

52222_5.png
    edited August 2009
    Moe Fwacky wrote: »

Wha?!? Pink Gorilla? o_O

Cronus on
    camo_sig.png
    "Read twice, post once. It's almost like 'measure twice, cut once' only with reading." - MetaverseNomad
    edited August 2009
    Cronus wrote: »
    Moe Fwacky wrote: »

Wha?!? Pink Gorilla? o_O

For this...
    Liger wrote: »
    Liger wrote: »
    Pink Gorilla LLC ??? LAWL Nice name change.
    very weird, that name seems to represent their style much less than pink godzilla. and what are we to do with all our pink godzilla plushes?!

Those are collector's items now. They aren't legally allowed to use 'Godzilla' in their name so everything with their old brand must go. I think the new brand is pretty clever. It's a clear reference to King Kong, and the brand redesign must have been much easier/faster/cheaper to only have to change a few letters in the name and make a new (similar) mascot. They made the best of a nasty legal situation and they had to do it quickly.

CaptainTapole on
    edited August 2009
    Man I really wish I had gotten a shirt now.

I've got a SNES and N64 still in working order, but as a primarily PC gamer I don't get down there very often. Steam is awesome and all, but you can't beat walking around in a place like Pink Godzilla.

Cronus on
    camo_sig.png
    edited August 2009
    grrr, no zenimax?! guess that means definitely no elder scrolls 5 announcements!

dyaballikl on
    a.k.a. dya
  • Oz K. FodrotskiOz K. Fodrotski Registered User regular
    edited August 2009
    Omni Consumer Products are the makers of Brawndo -- while they're pushing the Tru Blood stuff, perhaps Brawndo will also be present.

Oz K. Fodrotski on
  • SerenitySerenity Registered User regular
    edited August 2009
    Archer006 wrote: »
    In one of Bungie's weekly updates they said they would be showing off ODST in the Microsoft booth.

What??? Bungie'll be there??
    In the M$ booth too?? Whaaa? Didn't they split a while back?

Nonetheless, I'm glad they're coming... that's something to look forward to.
    That and the Valve booth.

Serenity on
    qxd8or7ouox3.png
This discussion has been closed.