As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

PAX Information and FAQ (ASK QUESTIONS HERE!)

• Brex123Brex123 Registered User regular
    edited August 2009
    but yeah, the concerts are awesomely free.

About the concerts, are they all together or separated? By all together I mean having to see all of the concerts if the one you wanted to see was at the end. I know I want to see JoCo and Freezepop is not to bad, but I am not sure about the other ones, and I would not have a problem with sitting through them to see JoCo, but I would rather be out and about looking at other stuff at PAX.

Brex123 on
  • LTAcostaLTAcosta Boston, MARegistered User regular
    edited August 2009
    Brex123 wrote: »

About the concerts, are they all together or separated? By all together I mean having to see all of the concerts if the one you wanted to see was at the end. I know I want to see JoCo and Freezepop is not to bad, but I am not sure about the other ones, and I would not have a problem with sitting through them to see JoCo, but I would rather be out and about looking at other stuff at PAX.

Some of them are back to back, but you can come and go as you please... You just might have to stand in the back though. Also, during the concerts, there isn't any other OFFICIAL PAX stuff going on... the expo hall closes before the concerts start.

LTAcosta on
    AN9buWz.png
  • DreamwriterDreamwriter Registered User regular
    edited August 2009
    LTAcosta wrote: »
    Some of them are back to back, but you can come and go as you please... You just might have to stand in the back though. Also, during the concerts, there isn't any other OFFICIAL PAX stuff going on... the expo hall closes before the concerts start.

Actually, there usually are some official PAX stuff happening during the concerts, like geek movies and stuff. They don't expect everybody to go to the concerts.

Dreamwriter on
  • Rogue_hunterRogue_hunter Breaks Through Brick Walls Los AngelesRegistered User regular
    edited August 2009
    Brex123 wrote: »

I know that Freezepop, Paul and Storm, and JoCo are performing Saturday night, as P&S posted it on their site. The rest of the bands perform Friday night.
    There was about a 10-20 minute gap between performances, and after the first half hour or so, it's opened up for those that didn't get wristbands beforehand (yes, wristbands are required if you're there at the start)

Rogue_hunter on
    PlayStation Network: Rogue_hunter
    Steam: Rogue_hunter
    Games for Windows Live: Roguality
    Google+
    Twitter
  • atmoraatmora Registered User regular
    edited August 2009
    It took me forever to remember that Paul & Storm were in da vinci's notebook, which was filled with epic win.

EDIT: sorry for double post it was an accident.

atmora on
  • BrillyanceBrillyance Registered User regular
    edited August 2009
    Since my post got moved...am I the only hip hop head going to PAX? If so...it's cool. Being unique is dope! If not, what do you guys listen to? What's your PAX soundtrack? What do you guys do at PAX? (I'm a first timer...and it seems like the concerts are all indie rock...which I'll probably still check out, cuz I'm not close minded)

If others are out there...maybe we can all have a get together or something.

Brillyance on
  • whypick1whypick1 PAX [E] Info Booth Manager ~2' from an LCDRegistered User regular
    edited August 2009
    Brillyance wrote: »
    (I'm a first timer...and it seems like the concerts are all indie rock...which I'll probably still check out, cuz I'm not close minded)

Uh....no.

Freezepop - Electronica
    JoCo - Comedy/folk rock
    MC Frontalot - Hip hop
    Anamanaguchi - 8-bit
    Metroid Metal - Metal
    Paul and Storm - Comedy

Oh yeah, lots of indie rock there.

whypick1 on
    Is it PAX <insert nearest future PAX here> yet?
  • BrillyanceBrillyance Registered User regular
    edited August 2009
    whypick1 wrote: »
    Brillyance wrote: »
    (I'm a first timer...and it seems like the concerts are all indie rock...which I'll probably still check out, cuz I'm not close minded)

Uh....no.

Freezepop - Electronica
    JoCo - Comedy/folk rock
    MC Frontalot - Hip hop
    Anamanaguchi - 8-bit
    Metroid Metal - Metal
    Paul and Storm - Comedy

Oh yeah, lots of indie rock there.

first of all...ny post shouldn't have been moved here, it's not a FAQ...it's more of an attempt to create a get together.

Secondly your pointing out of my ignorence of the difference between metal/electronica/folk rock and rock bands on independant labels is truly appreciated (sarcasm)

third..damn! I'm just trying to find other people who listen to Lupe Fiasco/Brother Ali/Pos when not catching up on Fallout.

Oh yea...fourth. My apologies to Mc Frontalot and his fans...I've never heard of dude. With a name like MC Frontalot, I took him as a lot less Murs, more Wierd Al. I intend on checking his show, but that's just not what I was talking about.

Brillyance on
    edited August 2009
    So, how we doing on selling out of tickets? I have a friend who can't decide whether to PAX or not this year, and if I tell him "There are only 10 tickets left!" that could push him over the edge.

Dreamwriter on
  • Moe FwackyMoe Fwacky Right Here, Right Now Drives a BuickModerator mod
    edited August 2009
    At this point there are probably around 2000 left, but those will go fast. Tell him if he doesn't get them now, there won't be any to be gotten. If that doesn't convince him, you've got plenty of friends here.

Moe Fwacky on
    E6LkoFK.png

• Jules@Party934.comJules@Party934.com Registered User regular
    edited August 2009
    The Exhibitors have been announced! Click here for list!

Jules@Party934.com on
  • LigerLiger Registered User regular
    edited August 2009
    Pink Gorilla LLC ??? LAWL Nice name change.

Liger on
    5932306549_6b4d957b56.jpg CUSTOM LANYARDS FOR PAX
    edited August 2009
    Odd, there are some companies listed as sponsors that aren't in that list (such as Foundation 9)

Dreamwriter on
  • Jules@Party934.comJules@Party934.com Registered User regular
    edited August 2009
    That is odd. Maybe they don't fall under the exhibitor category? I have no idea why. I just get the press releases, I don't write them.

Jules@Party934.com on
  • Qs23Qs23 Registered User regular
    edited August 2009
    Odd, there are some companies listed as sponsors that aren't in that list (such as Foundation 9)

Exhibitors are just paying for the floor space. Sponsors are paying for other things like the stuff that goes in the swag bag I'm guessing.

Qs23 on
    PASig.gif
    edited August 2009
    Qs23 wrote: »

Exhibitors are just paying for the floor space. Sponsors are paying for other things like the stuff that goes in the swag bag I'm guessing.

Yeah, like purebuttons is a sponsor, but what would they possibly do with an expo hall space? They'll prolly be doing the little pax buttons this year...

LTAcosta on
    AN9buWz.png
  • dyaballikldyaballikl PAX Main Theatre House & Security Manager • PAX Community Cartographer Gold Coast QLD AustraliaRegistered User regular
    edited August 2009
    Liger wrote: »
    very weird, that name seems to represent their style much less than pink godzilla. and what are we to do with all our pink godzilla plushes?!

dyaballikl on
    a.k.a. dya
    "Riding a mongoose reminds me of having sex with a man, which is something I do frequently because I am gay!" -Gabe
  • Xtian80Xtian80 Registered User regular
    edited August 2009
    So I saw on VG247.com that the list was out...Bungie wasn't on the list. Is this true? No Bungie at PAX?

Xtian80 on
  • LigerLiger Registered User regular
    edited August 2009
    dyaballikl wrote: »
    Liger wrote: »
    very weird, that name seems to represent their style much less than pink godzilla. and what are we to do with all our pink godzilla plushes?!

Those are collector's items now. They aren't legally allowed to use 'Godzilla' in their name so everything with their old brand must go. I think the new brand is pretty clever. It's a clear reference to King Kong, and the brand redesign must have been much easier/faster/cheaper to only have to change a few letters in the name and make a new (similar) mascot. They made the best of a nasty legal situation and they had to do it quickly.

Liger on
    5932306549_6b4d957b56.jpg CUSTOM LANYARDS FOR PAX
  • xtheapocxxtheapocx Registered User new member
    edited August 2009
    any punk/hardcore/indie/metal kids know of shows going on in seattle that weekend?

xtheapocx on
    edited August 2009
    Xtian80 wrote: »
    So I saw on VG247.com that the list was out...Bungie wasn't on the list. Is this true? No Bungie at PAX?

The new Halo games will prolly be at the Microsoft booth...

LTAcosta on
    AN9buWz.png
  • The_ReflectionThe_Reflection Registered User regular
    edited August 2009
    I'm kinda excited that the Brawndo guys are gonna be back this year with their new product, Tru Blood.

I wonder if they learned their lesson last year and bring a lot more.

The_Reflection on
  • dinokazedinokaze Registered User new member
    edited August 2009
    I'm going to PAX East with a few friends and we were wondering if it'd be cheaper to book the hotel now or wait until the PAX discounts come out or something. Also, Florida is practically as far from Seattle as it is from Boston. =(

dinokaze on
    PSN: dinokaze
    XboxLive: dinokaze

Maybe yu've heard of me.
  • dyaballikldyaballikl PAX Main Theatre House & Security Manager • PAX Community Cartographer Gold Coast QLD AustraliaRegistered User regular
    edited August 2009
    xtheapocx wrote: »
    any punk/hardcore/indie/metal kids know of shows going on in seattle that weekend?

you mean pax weekend? why the hell would you want to leave pax to see a concert elsewhere? as far as we're concerned, the rest of the world stops from sept 4-6.

(actually, if you really need to leave pax for whatever reason, look up bumbershoot (also in seatttle))

dyaballikl on
    a.k.a. dya
    "Riding a mongoose reminds me of having sex with a man, which is something I do frequently because I am gay!" -Gabe
  • SerenitySerenity Registered User regular
    edited August 2009

Naw, didn't Bungie somehow take back their rights for Halo?
    That being said I don't think Bungie is coming so I guess if there is any Halo the Micro$oft booth will be the place to see it.

Serenity on
    qxd8or7ouox3.png
  • mavrick88mavrick88 Registered User regular
    edited August 2009
    Just wondering if DDR will make a return this year?

EDIT: I hate it when my brother hijacks my account when he has a perfectly good one. And I agree with the smell, at times at the Meydenbauer Center I couldn't go to the second floor cause it was a wall of stink there.

mavrick88 on
    I was driving some out-of-towner friends around, and I kept complaining about being blinded. They responded with "You see, where we come from, people tend to wear Sunglasses." I retorted with a simple "You people tend to have sun."
    edited August 2009
    Personally, I hope it doesn't. DDR seemed to be one of the largest contributors to PAX funk. It was especially bad if you got stuck in a line near a DDR machine because you couldn't escape the smell.

Moe Fwacky on
    E6LkoFK.png

edited August 2009
    it worked in meydinbauer, cuz the machines were all up near tabletop (and those people stink anyway! lawl, jk).
    there will probably be a couple machines, they're just major cash cows, but the craze started dying down when i got out of it a few years back.

dyaballikl on
    a.k.a. dya
    edited August 2009
    Serenity wrote: »

Naw, didn't Bungie somehow take back their rights for Halo?
    That being said I don't think Bungie is coming so I guess if there is any Halo the Micro$oft booth will be the place to see it.

Actually, Halo was the one thing Microsoft kept the rights to when they split again...

LTAcosta on
    AN9buWz.png
  • HounHoun Registered User regular
    edited August 2009
    Moe Fwacky wrote: »
    Personally, I hope it doesn't. DDR seemed to be one of the largest contributors to PAX funk. It was especially bad if you got stuck in a line near a DDR machine because you couldn't escape the smell.

DDR is a safety hazard as well.

Houn on
  • bongibongi regular
    edited August 2009
    I live in the UK. How do I fill in my phone number on the registration form? It doesn't fit.

bongi on
    edited August 2009
    If I'm not mistaken, you just have to split it up the way US numbers are split (###-###-####). It's a 10 digit number if I'm not mistaken. If you've got more than 10 digits, I don't know.

Moe Fwacky on
    E6LkoFK.png

edited August 2009
    if you put in that your country is other than the us, it should automatically register the country code for you.

dyaballikl on
    a.k.a. dya
    edited August 2009
    Gameworks (right by the convention center) has plenty of DDR (as long as none of their machines break). They've got a DDR X (the newest machine), a SuperNova, an Extreme, and a crusty old DDR USA.

Dreamwriter on
  • Slipstream0Slipstream0 Registered User regular
    edited August 2009
    kinda bummed bungie wont be there.... no need to bring my Halo 3 helmet then if they wont be there to sign it :(

Slipstream0 on
  • KorixKorix Registered User new member
    edited August 2009
    Since they've decided to not post a schedule yet, I don't know what departure times to schedule for Sunday. What are the times the doors will actually be open each day? I don't care when blah-blah happens, just what times the show is going on.

Korix on
    edited August 2009
    The doors open at 10am each day and PAX will be closed up by 6 or 7 pm on Sunday.

Moe Fwacky on
    E6LkoFK.png

• AliBiteAliBite Registered User regular
    edited August 2009
    kinda bummed bungie wont be there.... no need to bring my Halo 3 helmet then if they wont be there to sign it :(

I'd bring it anyway, Bungie said on their podcast that they will be at PAX so ya never know.

AliBite on
    Staff Captain - All those gold bars are blinding huh?
  • SerenitySerenity Registered User regular
    edited August 2009
    AliBite wrote: »

I'd bring it anyway, Bungie said on their podcast that they will be at PAX so ya never know.

Cool stuff, would be awsome to see those guys there...
    If not you can always get Micro$oft to put a 'M$ approved' stamp on it.
    After all, they do still own the rights.

Hey here's a question for BR (or Moe seeing as he's the only guy really answering any questions) does the BYOC have the same hours as PAX? If not, what are the hours?

Serenity on
    qxd8or7ouox3.png
    edited August 2009
    Yes, BYOC is open the same hours as PAX.

Moe Fwacky on
    E6LkoFK.png

This discussion has been closed.