As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

PAX Information and FAQ (ASK QUESTIONS HERE!)

1121314151618»

• HounHoun Registered User regular
    edited August 2009
    Dude, $erenity, enough with the "Micro$oft" crap. It'$ not funny, it never wa$ funny, and it will never be funny. $o, ju$t let it go. $eriou$ly.

Houn on
  • dinokazedinokaze Registered User new member
    edited August 2009
    So about PAX East, any idea when the hotel discount information will be available?

dinokaze on
    PSN: dinokaze
    XboxLive: dinokaze

Maybe yu've heard of me.
  • Moe FwackyMoe Fwacky Right Here, Right Now Drives a BuickModerator mod
    edited August 2009
    Moe Fwacky on
    E6LkoFK.png

• ASimPersonASimPerson Cold... and hard.Registered User regular
    edited August 2009
    Houn wrote: »
    Dude, $erenity, enough with the "Micro$oft" crap. It'$ not funny, it never wa$ funny, and it will never be funny. $o, ju$t let it go. $eriou$ly.

Indeed.
    20020722h.gif

ASimPerson on
  • GPIA7RGPIA7R Registered User regular
    edited August 2009
    Isn't that just the opposite? Apple is the one that charges the unbelievable amounts of money for inferior hardware, right? Like, the $1000 extra for 8gb of RAM in one of their models? Yeah?

Ahhh.

Anyway, in past PAX's, is there a point of the day on Sunday that it typically clears out early, or are most people there until the wee hours of operation?

GPIA7R on
  • Qs23Qs23 Registered User regular
    edited August 2009
    Most people stay until 7pm to see the final round of the omegathon.

Qs23 on
    PASig.gif
  • BigRedBigRed Seattle, WARegistered User regular
    edited August 2009
    Moe Fwacky wrote: »
    Yes, BYOC is open the same hours as PAX.

With the exception of friday, BYOC is open at 8am (2h early so you guys can setup).

BigRed on
    <MoeFwacky> besides, BigRed-Worky is right
    edited August 2009
    Am I missing something here? I thought the hotels through PAX were given a discounted rate, but I'm not finding what the discount is (or unless that IS the discounted rate, I can't find what the original rate is. ) I assume that I don't have to go through booking process before I find out, right? Either way, I'm finding cheaper prices for the exact same hotels through other booking sites.

Tell me I'm missing something here and just being a horrid noob.

dinokaze on

Maybe yu've heard of me.
  • ASimPersonASimPerson Cold... and hard.Registered User regular
    edited August 2009
    dinokaze wrote: »
    Am I missing something here? I thought the hotels through PAX were given a discounted rate, but I'm not finding what the discount is (or unless that IS the discounted rate, I can't find what the original rate is. ) I assume that I don't have to go through booking process before I find out, right? Either way, I'm finding cheaper prices for the exact same hotels through other booking sites.

Tell me I'm missing something here and just being a horrid noob.

What you see on the booking site is what you get.

Ordinarily, folks would tell you to wait and see on the booking site so that the PAX blocks can be filled up, but at this point it's probably a wash. What hotels are you talking about, though?

Edit: Yeah, it looks like most of the official hotels are either sold out or out of PAX rooms. So that could also be why.

ASimPerson on
    edited August 2009
    Ah ok. My main example was the Boston Mariott, I found about an $80 difference on orbitz and hotwire.com than what was on the booking site. And a couple other similar examples but not as high of a price difference. Just trying to find the most cost effective way of lodging. Considering all we're gonna be doing is sleeping there between PAX Day X, Y, and Z. =(

dinokaze on

Maybe yu've heard of me.
  • atmoraatmora Registered User regular
    edited August 2009
    How exactly do you get a concert wristband, or is it way to late?

atmora on
  • Qs23Qs23 Registered User regular
    edited August 2009
    atmora wrote: »
    How exactly do you get a concert wristband, or is it way to late?

You show up in the morning. the first X # of people in line will get them in order to get into the concert right away.

I swear this has been answered in the thread already.

Qs23 on
    PASig.gif
    edited August 2009
    Also note teh concert wristbands arent required to get you into the concerts. They just let those people in first.

BigRed on
  • whatitwhatit Registered User new member
    edited August 2009
    At the menu where it allows you to print your ticket confirmation(s) (3 tickets were ordered!), I pressed the print button, and the menu loaded. Problem being I hadn't installed my printer drivers yet so I closed the print menu and clicked on the .pdf button a couple of odd errors (sorry I didn't screenshot) popped up, after closing them the loaded up. Vista being weird as it usually is magically installed the printer drivers for me, and I was able to print the tickets via the PDF. That's the context..

Here are my questions:

1) It says "don't duplicate". Because tried to print it from the html page, are my new registration confirmation tickets invalid now? Or does the "don't duplicate" meant for the people who try to get two badges with one confirmation ticket?

EDIT: On the registration confirmation paper it says that the person to come first with the confirmation first will get the badge, and guy #2 won't. So I guess #1 isn't an issue. Huzzah!

2) We ordered these tickets via my father's card, he won't be attending PAX with us fortunately, but will there be any repercussions because of this? I'm assuming there aren't any and as long as our ID's match the name's printed on the tickets that it will be fine.

I realize these are probably non-issues, but I'm still wary of this online purchasing so please bare with me.

whatit on
  • SerenitySerenity Registered User regular
    edited August 2009
    BigRed wrote: »
    Moe Fwacky wrote: »
    Yes, BYOC is open the same hours as PAX.

With the exception of friday, BYOC is open at 8am (2h early so you guys can setup).

Cool beans...
    Although I'll probably still be sleeping around that time.
    However it might be nice to lug in my stuff without all the people around.

Serenity on
    qxd8or7ouox3.png
    edited August 2009
    BigRed wrote: »
    Also note teh concert wristbands arent required to get you into the concerts. They just let those people in first.

Don't BYOC'ers also get concert wristbands?

Serenity on
    qxd8or7ouox3.png
    edited August 2009
    Yeah all BYOC attendees are guaranteed a concert wristband for each night.

BigRed on
  • dyaballikldyaballikl PAX Main Theatre House & Security Manager • PAX Community Cartographer Gold Coast QLD AustraliaRegistered User regular
    edited August 2009
    whatit wrote: »
    At the menu where it allows you to print your ticket confirmation(s) (3 tickets were ordered!), I pressed the print button, and the menu loaded. Problem being I hadn't installed my printer drivers yet so I closed the print menu and clicked on the .pdf button a couple of odd errors (sorry I didn't screenshot) popped up, after closing them the loaded up. Vista being weird as it usually is magically installed the printer drivers for me, and I was able to print the tickets via the PDF. That's the context..

Here are my questions:

1) It says "don't duplicate". Because tried to print it from the html page, are my new registration confirmation tickets invalid now? Or does the "don't duplicate" meant for the people who try to get two badges with one confirmation ticket?

EDIT: On the registration confirmation paper it says that the person to come first with the confirmation first will get the badge, and guy #2 won't. So I guess #1 isn't an issue. Huzzah!

2) We ordered these tickets via my father's card, he won't be attending PAX with us fortunately, but will there be any repercussions because of this? I'm assuming there aren't any and as long as our ID's match the name's printed on the tickets that it will be fine.

I realize these are probably non-issues, but I'm still wary of this online purchasing so please bare with me.
    careful, printing duplicates causes a bad voodoo sorcerer to put a hex on your printer. it shall never work again.

on a more serious note :) i think your assumptions were true, they don't want you to duplicate because each pass ordered can only generate one pass at the door. also, afaik, id is not required at the door, so you should be ok.

dyaballikl on
    a.k.a. dya
    "Riding a mongoose reminds me of having sex with a man, which is something I do frequently because I am gay!" -Gabe
  • Slipstream0Slipstream0 Registered User regular
    edited August 2009
    AliBite wrote: »
    kinda bummed bungie wont be there.... no need to bring my Halo 3 helmet then if they wont be there to sign it :(

I'd bring it anyway, Bungie said on their podcast that they will be at PAX so ya never know.

oh cool, thanks for the info. maybe I'll track them down at the MS booth.

Slipstream0 on
  • The_ReflectionThe_Reflection Registered User regular
    edited August 2009
    I have a question, no so much about PAX, but about our lovely PAX forum.

With the stringent rules on topic creation, can I make a pre-pax Portland get together topic, like the pre-pax seattle topic, or would that be too much of an off shoot for the main board?

The_Reflection on
  • Moe FwackyMoe Fwacky Right Here, Right Now Drives a BuickModerator mod
    edited August 2009
    Yeah, that's fine, so long as there's actually active planning and it's not just "hey guys, wouldn't it be cool if we did something sometime?".

Moe Fwacky on
    E6LkoFK.png

• geeeeoffffgeeeeoffff Registered User regular
    edited August 2009
    will there be official magic the gathering tournaments happening?

geeeeoffff on
    GD on paforums
    edited August 2009
    geeeeoffff wrote: »

oh boy I can answer that one!

Yes WotC will be doing official tourneys.
    As well, there is talk about an official community run draft/tourney.

check out the tabletop tournaments thread for more info.

Serenity on
    qxd8or7ouox3.png
  • geeeeoffffgeeeeoffff Registered User regular
    edited August 2009
    Serenity wrote: »
    geeeeoffff wrote: »

oh boy I can answer that one!

Yes WotC will be doing official tourneys.
    As well, there is talk about an official community run draft/tourney.

check out the tabletop tournaments thread for more info.

hmm, has wotc posted any info about this online? i didnt' see it on their site

geeeeoffff on
    GD on paforums
  • ColureColure Registered User regular
    edited August 2009
    Hey! I was just wondering, since we are less than a month away from PAX, when badges for those of us who pre-registered are supposed to be sent out? I remember my husband and I got ours a good 3 weeks prior to PAX last year, and I've been keeping an eye out in the mail and have yet to get anything...

Colure on
This discussion has been closed.