As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[mini-phalla] Vampire Dominance... Jyhad (Game Over) (Mr D Win)

1121314151618»

• cj iwakuracj iwakura The Rhythm Regent Bears The Name FreedomRegistered User regular
    edited August 2009
    This was a blast to watch, even though I sort of welcomed my own demise. :P

Those narrations were the very definition of epic. Especially Jacob's role.

cj iwakura on
    wVEsyIc.png
  • shalmeloshalmelo sees no evil Registered User regular
    edited August 2009
    Different approaches for different people - though I find if people approach me with a role to play we whisper in kind.

Probably would have been easier to guess who you were if you didn't, you know, type like that all the time anyway...
    <3

Oh, and thanks ahava and krata - this was great fun.

shalmelo on
    Steam ID: Shalmelo || LoL: melo2boogaloo || tweets
  • Element BrianElement Brian Peanut Butter Shill Registered User regular
    edited August 2009
    Burnage told me tehsloth was angel and then killed me in the same night..jerk.

Element Brian on
    Switch FC code:SW-2130-4285-0059

Arch,
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t_goGR39m2k
  • Kay2Kay2 Registered User regular
    edited August 2009
    And this was an experiment in Phalla Politics. And I'm really thinking that in that regard, Kay wins.

<3

I really, really enjoyed playing in this game. There was a certain amount of luck to my win, though. My plan was to post in a similar style to the Malkavian in Troika's Bloodlines game (different fonts, sizes, bold/italic etc) and try going for the crazy-wisdom angle in an attempt to get people to bite. When the votes on me mounted, I contacted people telling them I was useful, and tried info trades. Once I found out who Akasha was, DunedainJedi redirected his kill onto Wildcat, and I guarded the same. I told DDJ the truth in that respect, though. If he helped me take out Spork, there'd be two less opposed vamps for him to deal with.

Sorry to everyone that contacted me that I didn't reply to, though. I'd gone to bed, and when I woke up in the morning, I was no longer in the game!

My only regret is that I was out of the game so quickly. Shocked to see three guards on me on the first night, though. That's awesome! What was Hb's post restriction on me going to be?

Kay2 on
  • Orange SodaOrange Soda Registered User regular
    edited August 2009
    I blame sloth for telling me he was guarding me :P

I got two kills redirected V_V.

I think I had a kill on Mr. D and Wildcat that never hit their target.

Orange Soda on
  • Orange SodaOrange Soda Registered User regular
    edited August 2009
    Oh damn, bus drivered 1 day then seered/nulled/bus drove a kill on me the next day.

Damnit sloth... grudged for saying you were guarding me.

Orange Soda on
  • M.D.M.D. and then what happens? Registered User regular
    edited August 2009
    GrimmyTOA wrote: »
    Lame.

Coming in as a sub there was little to do here except be played by mr d. I played it straight with him and got killed because he wanted the better of two victories. Can't even be bothered to grudge him, given that he just disappoints rather than enrages me.

I'm actually sorry about that. I was trying to think how I could not kill you and only wildcat. Then I kept thinking you and him were in cahoots near the end so I got a little paranoid.

M.D. on
  • M.D.M.D. and then what happens? Registered User regular
    edited August 2009
    I feel bad now, shoulda just went with the faction

M.D. on
  • iamtheaznmaniamtheaznman Registered User regular
    edited August 2009
    Eh, I don't think you can blame a guy for going for the more awesome win condition in a phalla.

Ignoring your win conditions on the other hand...

iamtheaznman on
  • WildcatWildcat Registered User regular
    edited August 2009
    See I told you all we could have a weird semi quasi win together.

Assholes.
    For what it's worth, I was validly willing to throw in with you - the bit in narration about me turning on you was just flavour. Though the fact that you had Angel and Spike killing for you helped focus my mind! :P

Thanks for running the game, Ahava and Krata. It must have been 'fun' trying to keep all those powers straight and doing the calculations each night! The excellently-written host posts really added to the flavour of the whole thing, as did the personal win conditions - I have no problem with any of the mechanics (well, maybe just one :P) and thought the back-stabbing opportunities perfectly in line with the theme. Shame someone decided to use them is all! :D

To the winners, congratulations; to the losers, commiserations; to my team mates and to dunedainjedi and iamtheaznman, thanks for trusting me and I hope to play with you again. To the hosts, much kudos.

Wildcat on
  • Kay2Kay2 Registered User regular
    edited August 2009
    Eh, I don't think you can blame a guy for going for the more awesome win condition in a phalla.

Ignoring your win conditions on the other hand...

It could only have been more awesome if you'd gotten the Akasha role, and not Spork.

Kay2 on
  • lonelyahavalonelyahava Call me Ahava ~~She/Her~~ Move to New ZealandRegistered User regular
    edited August 2009
    I am glad you all had fun.

And Krata semi apologizes for the length of narrations. Night One and Two took him about 2 hours to write up, but we both enjoy having the narrations reflect happenings.

And yes, the backstabbery was the entire point behind WoD. We had decided at the very beginning that if WoD was the last faction, then we'd let the players decide if they wanted a camirlla victory, o every kindred for themselves.

I am very very pleased with every player. I mean, I only had to do one inactive warning.

That is amazing. Especially lately.

You all were very rock and roll.

lonelyahava on
  • Edith UpwardsEdith Upwards Registered User regular
    edited August 2009
    coutts wrote: »
    You've obviously never been masoned to Erich Zahn.

Hey. If I wanted to do anything, one of my teammates had to die.

I don't even understand why you two invited me to the proboard, you could have omitted the part where you were masoned to me from your role PMs, and then began networking with everybody else.

Edith Upwards on