As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Assassins '09 - Thanks for Playing! Stay tuned for PAX EAST details

• Options
    Brex123Brex123 Registered User regular
    edited July 2009
    Rayman wrote: »
    Brex123 wrote: »
    My dad and I are both signed up and have ordered our kits.

On another note, we should put a list up of who has signed up already, just to see how many we have and who. Just a suggestion.
    WOW, another dad with a kid old enough to go to PAX!! I may not be the oldest after all....and how old is your dad Brex? .....

41, I think, I can never really remember. You may still be the oldest :)

Brex123 on
  • Options
    RaymanRayman Registered User regular
    edited July 2009
    ..NOPE...only turned 40 this month....cool...but is he on the forums? I am sooo looking forward to this years PAX!

Rayman on
  • Options
    edited July 2009
    Rayman wrote: »
    but is he on the forums? I am sooo looking forward to this years PAX!

No, my dad is not on the forums. He has to put down Fallout 3 to write in a forum :P. I usually tell him about the stuff that is happening here and ask him if he wants to join, like this thing.

Brex123 on
  • Options
    MarsCheliosMarsChelios Registered User regular
    edited July 2009
    Brex123 wrote: »
    My dad and I are both signed up and have ordered our kits.

On another note, we should put a list up of who has signed up already, just to see how many we have and who. Just a suggestion.

25 so far! I'll update the OP tomorrow with those who've posted they ordered kits on here.

MarsChelios on
  • Options
    contrefaitcontrefait Registered User regular
    edited July 2009
    I ordered a kit. (I like being included in lists)

contrefait on
    PAX East 2016 Checklist
    Passes: ▬ Hotel: ▬ Flight: [color=red]☑[/color]
  • Options
    ArcoArco Registered User regular
    edited July 2009
    I'm thinking about giving out a painted Warhammer fig as a kill prize. Good, bad?

Arco on
    Like this, not like the gas station.
    Organizer of the Post-PAX Party. You should come!
    Satellite Theater for life!
  • Options
    edited July 2009
    Arco wrote: »
    I'm thinking about giving out a painted Warhammer fig as a kill prize. Good, bad?

I think you better be good at hiding, sir.

MarsChelios on
  • Options
    edited July 2009

if it is Tau, then you know full well that I will seek you out and eliminate you even if you are not my target.

Brex123 on
  • Options
    Sir_LagSir_Lag Registered User regular
    edited July 2009

F**K! now I need to up the antie, how do I compete with that? How about a brand new copy of Retro Game Chalange!(Wait, I already said that, didn't i) hmmmm

Sir_Lag on
  • Options
    edited July 2009
    The Assassins hitlist is live in the OP. Let me know if I missed anyone.

MarsChelios on
  • Options
    awitelintstaawitelintsta Registered User regular
    edited July 2009
    The Assassins hitlist is live in the OP. Let me know if I missed anyone.
    You missed me. *sadface* Though, this might give me an advantage later. I'm so stealthy, you didn't even know I was playing.

awitelintsta on
    http://awitelintsta.gamerdna.com/
    Roleplayer, Pirate, and 2009 Omeganaut :D
  • Options
    edited July 2009
    You missed my +1, my dad is playing too. One more person to seek out.

Brex123 on
  • Options
    edited July 2009
    I don't have a +1.

contrefait on
    PAX East 2016 Checklist
  • Options
    dyaballikldyaballikl PAX Main Theatre House & Security Manager • PAX Community Cartographer Gold Coast QLD AustraliaRegistered User regular
    edited August 2009
    LTAcosta wrote: »
    Sir_Lag wrote: »
    Sir_Lag wrote: »
    any dos and don'ts for loot? I want to have something cool for the guy/girl that kills me, but I wasn't sure if there was any rules about it.

Loot is not even a requirement. It's a nice, OPTIONAL gesture to your killer; saying, "Hey. Congrats on killing me."

However, I am sure nothing too risque or anything that can kick you out of the Center.

I knew it was optional, but I was wondering if there were rules above and beyond that regardless, thanks. So, as long as I could use it in public and would be appropriate for people under the age of 18 as well, got it

It'd also be nice to keep it as something that can go on a plane... at least on checked luggage. At lot of people fly :)

That's great advice, but also consider size. Many attendees (unwisely) do not have a great deal of storage space on them at pax, so the object should be less than about 10 cubic inches, generally, with no dimensions more than about 3-4 inches. If your prize is especially amazing, I'm sure some would make an exception, though :winky:

dyaballikl on
    a.k.a. dya
    "Riding a mongoose reminds me of having sex with a man, which is something I do frequently because I am gay!" -Gabe
  • Options
    edited August 2009
    We're modifying the badge design based on feedback we've gotten, and I wanted to get some thoughts on what we have so far. The orientation has been made vertical and the second player symbol has been removed as we don't feel it provides any use to the player.

We've made the Badge Codes larger on both pieces, and will be providing some explanation of how to store your KillTag and DeathCode card together and register kills. Let me know if you guys have any suggestions.
    badge_example.gif

MarsChelios on
  • Options
    ArcoArco Registered User regular
    edited August 2009
    I don't want to insult your intelligence, but I'd make sure to change "PAX EAST" to "PAX PRIME" or something like that. ;)

Also, and maybe this is just me, but some clarification on the nomenclature would be nice. What exactly is the DeathCode? What is the KillTag? etc. I'm sure once the game is in action that would probably become clear just from context, and I can deduce a general idea of what's going on, but it's nice to know exactly what's called what and what goes where.

Arco on
    Like this, not like the gas station.
    Organizer of the Post-PAX Party. You should come!
    Satellite Theater for life!
  • Options
    edited August 2009
    I don't want to insult your intelligence, but I'd make sure to change "PAX EAST" to "PAX PRIME" or something like that. ;)

Lol, indeed! The example has been updated.
    Also, and maybe this is just me, but some clarification on the nomenclature would be nice. What exactly is the DeathCode? What is the KillTag? etc. I'm sure once the game is in action that would probably become clear just from context, and I can deduce a general idea of what's going on, but it's nice to know exactly what's called what and what goes where.

I'm revising the rules where the terms above will be explained, but I'll go ahead and give a quick rundown of what these things are in the meantime.

KillTag
    The KillTag is the small rectangular section of your badge that can be snapped off; the part that contains the Target symbol. When you find and eliminate someone, you will receive from them their current KillTag, whose target now becomes your new target, in addition to...

DeathCode card
    The DeathCode card is a paper card that sits behind your badge. This card has a 10-digit code printed on it that you use along with the 5-digit code printed on the KillTag that specified your target to register your kill.

The revised rules should be up sometime this week.

MarsChelios on
  • Options
    atmoraatmora Registered User regular
    edited August 2009
    I ordered my kit and as soon as it arrives I'm signing up.

atmora on
  • Options
    GR_ZombieGR_Zombie Krillin It Registered User regular
    edited August 2009
    Ordered a kit for me and one for my non-forumer friend, this is gonna be awesome.

GR_Zombie on
    04xkcuvaav19.png
  • Options
    dyaballikldyaballikl PAX Main Theatre House & Security Manager • PAX Community Cartographer Gold Coast QLD AustraliaRegistered User regular
    edited August 2009
    so, the 5 character code for secondary kills is bigger? perfect, that was the only thing i didn't like so much last year, that it was too small. now it's perfect :)

dyaballikl on
    a.k.a. dya
    "Riding a mongoose reminds me of having sex with a man, which is something I do frequently because I am gay!" -Gabe
  • Options
    edited August 2009
    Up to 30 kits now!

MarsChelios on
  • Options
    redhaloredhalo Also a Professional Alcoholic Registered User regular
    edited August 2009
    Two kits ordered!

redhalo on
  • Options
    LTAcostaLTAcosta Boston, MARegistered User regular
    edited August 2009
    What happens when somebody loses their death card? It happened a couple of times last year...

LTAcosta on
    AN9buWz.png
  • Options
    sum10fishysum10fishy Registered User regular
    edited August 2009
    What happens when somebody loses their death card? It happened a couple of times last year...

Perhaps they implode into nothingness as if they never existed. Or, they possibly wander PAX without a death card much as a souless spectre would wander the relm between this plane and the next.

Sorry, I've been playing Oblivion again.

sum10fishy on
  • Options
    edited August 2009
    sum10fishy wrote: »

Perhaps they implode into nothingness as if they never existed. Or, they possibly wander PAX without a death card much as a souless spectre would wander the relm between this plane and the next.

Or.... they could call me for a replacement. I didn't hear from anyone who lost theirs last year, but I did have replacement cards on hand for that occasion. This year I have a Google Voice account which will make it easier should you run into that situation, need a clarification of the rules, etc.

MarsChelios on
  • Options
    edited August 2009
    sum10fishy wrote: »

Or.... they could call me for a replacement. I didn't hear from anyone who lost theirs last year, but I did have replacement cards on hand for that occasion. This year I have a Google Voice account which will make it easier should you run into that situation, need a clarification of the rules, etc.
    i must have missed the post, but for those others who are unaware: are we getting armbands this year, or the double badge holders like last year? those were convenient, but a bit annoying as they kept spinning around.

dyaballikl on
    a.k.a. dya
  • Options
    edited August 2009
    dyaballikl wrote: »
    i must have missed the post, but for those others who are unaware: are we getting armbands this year, or the double badge holders like last year? those were convenient, but a bit annoying as they kept spinning around.

We're using armbands this year. Just got them in actually, will post pics when I get a chance.

In other news, I'm going to be picking up some buttons for Assassins players again this year. Unlike last year, these aren't actually Assassins related, but are for a new game we've been working on that I'll start talking about after PAX '09. There will be 2 versions, male and female, and I'm putting codes on the back that will let you beta-test the avatar creator used to make this guy.

These probably won't be shipped with the kits, but I'll reserve one for anyone who orders a kit and set up some times to give them out shortly. I should have a few left over for button trading as well.

Here's the guy, girl should be ready tomorrow.
    15_INCH_TEMPLATE_MALE.png

MarsChelios on
  • Options
    sum10fishysum10fishy Registered User regular
    edited August 2009
    Here's the guy, girl should be ready tomorrow.
    15_INCH_TEMPLATE_MALE.png

LOL. That's cool.

sum10fishy on
  • Options
    OrosoOroso Enforcer PortlandRegistered User regular
    edited August 2009
    Ordered. :mrgreen:

Also, first post.

Oroso on
  • Options
    SumiSumi Abbotsford, BCRegistered User regular
    edited August 2009
    So facebook has a few pax-related groups. Maybe someone wants to join and post a message in them.

Or Mars, you could send me something I can copy and paste and I'll do it.

Sumi on
    Standard Action, it's a webseries.
  • Options
    edited August 2009
    Oroso wrote: »
    Ordered. :mrgreen:

Also, first post.

Welcome to the forums Oroso and thanks for playing!
    Sumi wrote: »
    So facebook has a few pax-related groups. Maybe someone wants to join and post a message in them.

Or Mars, you could send me something I can copy and paste and I'll do it.

That would be awesome, Sumi! I'll send something to you shortly.

MarsChelios on
  • Options
    PunkJrPunkJr Decepticon Infiltrator Seattle, WARegistered User regular
    edited August 2009
    This was SO much fun last year!!

I'm ordering my kit right now! Sign me up!

PunkJr on
    daaeZs9.png
    PunkJr
    Pirate, Stormtrooper, Decepticon
    Yes, my middle name really is MEGATRON
    Former Ravenclaw Death Eaters Head of House
  • Options
    edited August 2009
    Wow, I just checked and 6 new orders were waiting for me. 42 players and counting, you guys rock!

MarsChelios on
  • Options
    Weenog42Weenog42 Registered User regular
    edited August 2009
    Kits ordered for me, +1. Booyah!

Weenog42 on
  • Options
    tr0tskytr0tsky Registered User regular
    edited August 2009
    I have my new death swag:
    504x_santamonica.jpg

Picked up an extra one at the beach this morning. Sealed, with some Bioshock 2 poster dealies inside.

tr0tsky on
  • Options
    edited August 2009
    tr0tsky wrote: »
    504x_santamonica.jpg

Picked up an extra one at the beach this morning. Sealed, with some Bioshock 2 poster dealies inside.

Uhoh, looks like Trotsky just raised the level of zazz for booty.

MarsChelios on
  • Options
    Qs23Qs23 Registered User regular
    edited August 2009
    Dammit, I need to get something cool now...

Qs23 on
    PASig.gif
  • Options
    VThornheartVThornheart Registered User regular
    edited August 2009
    That is awesome!

VThornheart on
    3DS Friend Code: 1950-8938-9095
  • Options
    giraffeoverlordgiraffeoverlord Registered User regular
    edited August 2009
    Ordered my kit the other day, and I am so excited! This was a lot of fun last year, despite the fact that I only killed one person. :)

giraffeoverlord on
    TWDT Ravenclaw Perfect Attendance!
    Ravenclaw Death Eaters Head Girl, 2011-12. CACAW!
  • Options
    edited August 2009
    tr0tsky wrote: »
    504x_santamonica.jpg

Uhoh, looks like Trotsky just raised the level of zazz for booty.

that is pretty zazzy.

contrefait on
    PAX East 2016 Checklist
This discussion has been closed.