As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

Hi! Billy Mays Tribute Thread Here!

• ErandusErandus Registered User regular
    edited August 2009
    I'm seeing OxyClean commercials now with Generic-Woman-Voice-Over and it's very odd.

The coke thing is actually fairly disappointing.

I wasn't expecting it either, but I can't say that it doesn't at least make a little sense.

Erandus on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • OmeksOmeks Registered User regular
    edited August 2009
    Well that's disappointing.

On an inappropriate note, Oxycontin would have made a lot more sense.

"GET CLEAN WITH OXYCLEAN!"

Omeks on
    Online Info (Click Spoiler for More):
    |Xbox Live Tag: Omeks
    |PSN Tag: Omeks_R7
    |Rock Band: Profile|DLC Collection
    Omeks.png
  • gigEsmallsgigEsmalls __BANNED USERS regular
    edited August 2009
    Just saw a Billy Mays commercial, very weird to watch.

gigEsmalls on
  • Fatty McBeardoFatty McBeardo Registered User regular
    edited August 2009
    Billy Mays here, high!

Fatty McBeardo on
  • ErandusErandus Registered User regular
    edited August 2009
    High Billy Mays here!

Erandus on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • ImprovoloneImprovolone Registered User regular
    edited August 2009
    I bet Vince got him hooked on the smack

Improvolone on
    Voice actor for hire. My time is free if your project is!
  • ButtcleftButtcleft Registered User regular
    edited August 2009
    I don't buy the coccaine story, He dosnt seem the type.

Buttcleft on
  • FyreWulffFyreWulff YouRegistered User, ClubPA regular
    edited August 2009
    I'm actually going to go with a false positive on this one. I have to interact with druggies every fucking day and he didn't have a symptom of cocaine use.

FyreWulff on
    edited August 2009
    How does one get a false positive on cocaine?

Improvolone on
    edited August 2009
    Considering the medication he was probably on, easily.

FyreWulff on
  • matt has a problemmatt has a problem Points to 'off' Points to 'on'Registered User regular
    edited August 2009
    FyreWulff wrote: »
    I'm actually going to go with a false positive on this one. I have to interact with druggies every fucking day and he didn't have a symptom of cocaine use.
    Anyone can fake it for 45 seconds at a time.

matt has a problem on
    nibXTE7.png
  • THEPAIN73THEPAIN73 Shiny. Real shiny.Registered User regular
    edited August 2009

Well I have to take you at your word. I mean you did know him and all.

THEPAIN73 on
    Facebook | Amazon | Twitter | Youtube | PSN: ThePain73 | Steam: ThePain73
    3DS FC: 5343-7720-0490
    edited August 2009
    THEPAIN73 wrote: »

So you knew him enough to say he was using? Gosh golly, it's almost like people can have opinions.

FyreWulff on
  • THEPAIN73THEPAIN73 Shiny. Real shiny.Registered User regular
    edited August 2009
    THEPAIN73 wrote: »

So you knew him enough to say he was using? Gosh golly, it's almost like people can have opinions.

Well all you really had to go on were commercials and TV.

People die from all sorts of things.

In pro wrestling it didn't look like Eddie Guerrero would die from the steroids he used but he did. No signs were showing that he had slowed down.

Chris Benoit was wrestling 4 days before he murdered his family, but did he show signs? Nope.

All I'm saying is people die and people aren't perfect.

THEPAIN73 on
    Facebook | Amazon | Twitter | Youtube | PSN: ThePain73 | Steam: ThePain73
    3DS FC: 5343-7720-0490
  • TL DRTL DR Not at all confident in his reflexive opinions of thingsRegistered User regular
    edited August 2009

In what capacity do you interact with 'druggies'? We don't know that he was a heavy or even regular user. Unless they found a huge stash of rusty razor blades and bloody rolled-up $20 bills, all we know is that he had some level of cocaine in his system when he died.

TL DR on
  • lazegamerlazegamer The magnanimous cyberspaceRegistered User regular
    edited August 2009
    Plenty of bullshit out there regarding his death and cocaine. It makes it easy to sort out the rags from decent papers when you get headlines like "Cocaine killed TV pitchman Billy Mays" from the New York Daily News. He died of a heart attack; the autopsies suggest that cocaine use likely contributed to the attack, but it's a bigger story to make it sound like he overdosed.

I couldn't care less about the guy, but the sensationalism pisses me off to no end.

lazegamer on
    I would download a car.
  • matt has a problemmatt has a problem Points to 'off' Points to 'on'Registered User regular
    edited August 2009
    lazegamer wrote: »
    Plenty of bullshit out there regarding his death and cocaine. It makes it easy to sort out the rags from decent papers when you get headlines like "Cocaine killed TV pitchman Billy Mays" from the New York Daily News. He died of a heart attack; the autopsies suggest that cocaine use likely contributed to the attack, but it's a bigger story to make it sound like he overdosed.

I couldn't care less about the guy, but the sensationalism pisses me off to no end.
    The guy's life was all about sensationalism. He died how he lived.

matt has a problem on
    nibXTE7.png
  • AbsoluteZeroAbsoluteZero The new film by Quentin Koopantino Registered User regular
    edited August 2009
    lazegamer wrote: »

The guy's life was all about sensationalism. He died how he lived.

Yeah really. His epitaph should be "Kaboom baby."

AbsoluteZero on
    cs6f034fsffl.jpg
  • GodfatherGodfather Registered User regular
    edited August 2009
    Yeah, I heard about this last night on a news website.

It's a shock, to say the least, and i'm a bit disappointed as well.

Godfather on
  • TubularLuggageTubularLuggage Registered User regular
    edited August 2009
    Honestly, should it even be the public's business that he possibly had a small trace of cocaine in his system? It does no harm to keep that particular piece of information away from the press.

TubularLuggage on
    edited August 2009
    I can't imagine they released it to the press so much as the press went all "hey you gimmie"

Improvolone on
  • Jealous DevaJealous Deva Registered User regular
    edited August 2009

I'm assuming you're meaning in the context of rehabilitation of addicts or something similar? There's a huge spectrum of abuse and addiction and the effects, usage patterns, usage history, etc vary wildly on an individual basis. It's like saying that I work with people with toothaches every day, so therefore just because someone isn't in agonizing pain with a swollen face means they must not have any tooth decay.

Jealous Deva on
    edited August 2009

I'm assuming you're meaning in the context of rehabilitation of addicts or something similar? There's a huge spectrum of abuse and addiction and the effects, usage patterns, usage history, etc vary wildly on an individual basis. It's like saying that I work with people with toothaches every day, so therefore just because someone isn't in agonizing pain with a swollen face means they must not have any tooth decay.

Interact, not work with. Although my dad is a detox counselor, I wasn't talking about that. It's still besides the point.

I'll wait for the second autopsy before I believe he was actually doing cocaine.

FyreWulff on
  • HenroidHenroid Mexican kicked from Immigration Thread Centrism is Racism :3Registered User regular
    edited August 2009
    Man that makes me sad if he really did use cocaine. Are there no clean or wholesome celebrities anymore, big or small? :|

Henroid on
    edited August 2009
    Tom Hanks.

Improvolone on
  • GodfatherGodfather Registered User regular
    edited August 2009
    This is probably in bad taste (and ancient), but this never fails to get a laugh out of me

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r_4a4O7kXQo&feature=related

Godfather on
  • Premier kakosPremier kakos Registered User, ClubPA regular
    edited August 2009

Bzzzt. Wrong. As far as I know, he wasn't on any antibiotics, which are the groups of medications that can cause false positives on cocaine tests. Tonic water can also cause false positives on cocaine tests, so maybe he was drinking a lot of tonic water. Who knows. But his medications didn't cause a false positive.

Premier kakos on
  • DynagripDynagrip Break me a million hearts HoustonRegistered User, ClubPA regular
    edited August 2009
    Tom Hanks.

beat a hooker to death in 1988

Dynagrip on
  • GR_ZombieGR_Zombie Krillin It Registered User regular
    edited August 2009
    Henroid wrote: »
    Man that makes me sad if he really did use cocaine. Are there no clean or wholesome celebrities anymore, big or small? :|

Matt Damon

GR_Zombie on
    04xkcuvaav19.png
    edited August 2009
    Dynagrip wrote: »
    Tom Hanks.

No freaking way.

Improvolone on
  • TL DRTL DR Not at all confident in his reflexive opinions of thingsRegistered User regular
    edited August 2009

Sorry that people don't live up to an artificial and unrealistic standard of purity and freedom from vice.

TL DR on
    edited August 2009

Bzzzt. Wrong. As far as I know, he wasn't on any antibiotics, which are the groups of medications that can cause false positives on cocaine tests. Tonic water can also cause false positives on cocaine tests, so maybe he was drinking a lot of tonic water. Who knows. But his medications didn't cause a false positive.

Key word: "as far as you know". Dude has been through a lot of surgery recently, and you don't think he wasn't on any antibiotics? I've been put on them for outpatient surgeries, dude was having his freaking hip worked on.

FyreWulff on
  • BlueBlueBlueBlue Registered User regular
    edited August 2009

Sorry that people don't live up to an artificial and unrealistic standard of purity and freedom from vice.

Abstaining from cocaine use? I must be some kind of saint, then.

BlueBlue on
    CD World Tour status:
    Baidol Voprostein Avraham Thetheroo Taya Zerofill Effef Crimson King Lalabox Mortal Sky ASimPerson Sal Wiet Theidar Tynic Speed Racer Neotoma Goatmon ==>Larlar Munkus Beaver Day of the Bear miscellaneousinsanity Skull Man Delzhand Caulk Bite 6 Somestickguy
  • TubularLuggageTubularLuggage Registered User regular
    edited August 2009
    GR_Zombie wrote: »

Matt Damon

You just know that he's helped Ben Affleck clean up a dead hooker at least once.

TubularLuggage on
  • HenroidHenroid Mexican kicked from Immigration Thread Centrism is Racism :3Registered User regular
    edited August 2009

Oh well damn, better get right on distributing coke and heroine to schoolyards, factories, and grocery stores across the country!

Henroid on
  • BlackDragon480BlackDragon480 Bluster Kerfuffle Master of Windy ImportRegistered User regular
    edited August 2009
    GR_Zombie wrote: »

Matt Damon

You just know that he's helped Ben Affleck clean up a dead hooker at least once.

He also cuckolded Jimmy Kimmle.

Then again, that might have been a public service.

BlackDragon480 on
    No matter where you go...there you are.
    ~ Buckaroo Banzai
    edited August 2009
    Tom Hanks.

No freaking way.

Isn't that the year he got married?

Henroid on
  • Captain TragedyCaptain Tragedy Registered User regular
    edited August 2009
    Tom Hanks.

No freaking way.

Isn't that the year he got married?

A "loose end" he had to tie up before the wedding...

Captain Tragedy on
  • Romero ZombieRomero Zombie Registered User regular
    edited August 2009
    Godfather wrote: »
    This is probably in bad taste (and ancient), but this never fails to get a laugh out of me

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r_4a4O7kXQo&feature=related

Ha - I never saw that before. I remember when I bought mighty putty for some crap around the house and it was the most worthless product I have ever purchased. My kids play do had more adhesive qualities than this.

I just remember saying, "Man, fuck Billy Mays!"

Sucks he died though. Will probably never see a guy as excited about a cleaning product as he was again.

Romero Zombie on
    steam_sig.png
  • OmeksOmeks Registered User regular
    edited August 2009
    Godfather wrote: »

*video*

Haha, I love all those dubs up on Youtube. This might be my favorite:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MjmQ1sPeWlU&NR=1

Omeks on
    Online Info (Click Spoiler for More):
    |Xbox Live Tag: Omeks
    |PSN Tag: Omeks_R7
    |Rock Band: Profile|DLC Collection
    Omeks.png