As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Harvest Moon - Rune Factory Frontier (Wii) Out on 3/17

1235»

• Options
    harvestharvest By birthright, a stupendous badass.Registered User regular
    edited June 2009
    For me, staves are really crappy. I can do the spin attack with a Claymore and hit a guy for enough to kill it, or plink away with a staff. Probably a matter of practicing the skill?

Anyway, I found the money press. I kept the golden turnip for myself, fed it to the seed maker, and have been developing it with greenifier in the Green Ruins. Come Spring I'm going to have a huge field of high-level golden turnips and then swim in my $texas.

harvest on
    B6yM5w2.gif
  • Options
    SwashbucklerXXSwashbucklerXX Swashbucklin' Canuck Registered User regular
    edited June 2009
    harvest wrote: »
    For me, staves are really crappy. I can do the spin attack with a Claymore and hit a guy for enough to kill it, or plink away with a staff. Probably a matter of practicing the skill?

Anyway, I found the money press. I kept the golden turnip for myself, fed it to the seed maker, and have been developing it with greenifier in the Green Ruins. Come Spring I'm going to have a huge field of high-level golden turnips and then swim in my $texas.

Whoa, clever! I'm so doing that next game year.

SwashbucklerXX on
    Want to find me on a gaming service? I'm SwashbucklerXX everywhere.
  • Options
    TekDragonTekDragon __BANNED USERS regular
    edited June 2009
    I did claymores, too, but I'm willing to give staves a try.

Runey system got boring/overwhelming so I stopped playing. Guess I'll start again.

TekDragon on
  • Options
    harvestharvest By birthright, a stupendous badass.Registered User regular
    edited June 2009
    I need suggestions on a cheap way to level blacksmithing. I'm at level 31ish and can't make the weapon/tool upgrades that I have available. It just fails without even letting me try :P This is, of course, on level 60ish recipes. Anyone know how the skill gain mechanics work?

harvest on
    B6yM5w2.gif
  • Options
    TayaTaya Registered User regular
    edited August 2009
    *thread wakes up in the clinic*

I finally FINALLY started playing Rune Factory Frontier. I just started summer year 1 and I'm enjoying it so far. The runeys haven't bothered me, but I knew about them in advance and was careful to keep them balanced. I had three areas in prosperity before summer started.

I'm not really sure what I should be doing now though. I haven't done much on Whale Island. I think I need a rune wonder to open a door but I'm not sure.

It's a big improvement over Rune Factory 2 but I don't think it will surpass Tree of Tranquility. I guess we'll see.

Taya on
  • Options
    Hocky27Hocky27 Registered User regular
    edited August 2009
    This might not be the right place to ask this question, but, is there any chance there would be a Harvest Moon game for 360 ?

Hocky27 on
  • Options
    edited August 2009
    Hocky27 wrote: »
    This might not be the right place to ask this question, but, is there any chance there would be a Harvest Moon game for 360 ?

I don't see any reason why not although Marvelous seems to be mostly focusing on teh kiddie systems like Wii and DS and have been doing well. The PS2 Harvest Moon games were not received well (although I have no idea how well they sold). With the rising popularity of the 360 in Japan, maybe they will try to release a new game for it someday but there is nothing announced yet.

Taya on
  • Options
    KungFuKungFu Registered User regular
    edited August 2009
    I'm going to have to borrow a friend's Wii and try out Tree of Tranquility and Rune Factory: Frontier. I haven't played a console Harvest Moon since the 64.

Despite all the badmouthing Island of Happiness gets for controls, I just snagged it on ebay for $7 and will give it a try. The concept of the island and expanding everything sounds appealing to me.

KungFu on
    Theft 4 Bread
  • Options
    AshtonDragonAshtonDragon AKA The Nix Registered User regular
    edited August 2009
    The people who complained about Island of Happiness' controls simply didn't play it long enough. I actually really liked the controls by the end. I had a few other minor problems with the game, but overall it was good.

Rune Factory Frontier is the reigning champion, though. It was most excellent. Glad you got around to playing it, Taya! Have you been to any other dungeons besides Whale Island yet?

Up to you if you want to read this or not, but a little tip about the locked doors/gates on whale island.
    The door inside the cave can be opened with a stone you get from a rune wonder, you were right about that. There's only some treasure behind it, though (although you can get said treasure every day, if you want).

The gate in the next area isn't unlocked until you befriend someone who lives on Whale Island (who you meet after listening to Rosetta's advice about growing some flowers).

AshtonDragon on
  • Options
    edited August 2009
    The people who complained about Island of Happiness' controls simply didn't play it long enough. I actually really liked the controls by the end. I had a few other minor problems with the game, but overall it was good.

Rune Factory Frontier is the reigning champion, though. It was most excellent. Glad you got around to playing it, Taya! Have you been to any other dungeons besides Whale Island yet?

Up to you if you want to read this or not, but a little tip about the locked doors/gates on whale island.
    The door inside the cave can be opened with a stone you get from a rune wonder, you were right about that. There's only some treasure behind it, though (although you can get said treasure every day, if you want).

The gate in the next area isn't unlocked until you befriend someone who lives on Whale Island (who you meet after listening to Rosetta's advice about growing some flowers).
    Yes I eventually realized this and I'm now in the process of growing said flowers.

The most recent thing that happened made me laugh. Melody was complaining about no water flow so I go to investigate and there is a HUGE GODDAMN MONSTER blocking the way. I'm like, "umm please move pretty please" and he tells me that he'll move..... but only if I get him some ice cream.

Taya on
  • Options
    AshtonDragonAshtonDragon AKA The Nix Registered User regular
    edited August 2009
    Yeah, I got a good laugh out of that event, along with just about everything that Mist said for the entire game. I don't regret marrying Rosetta, though. Learning that she would wear a Straw Hat if given one was all I needed to know.

I suppose Mist could also wear a straw hat, but I didn't want to wait to finish the story before getting married.

AshtonDragon on