As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[PRIME] PAX 2009 Twitter Meetup, the Garage, Sun 9/6/09 8 PM

2»

• Options
    GPIA7RGPIA7R Registered User regular
    edited July 2009
    Typically, how many people have shown up to these Post-PAX meetups in the past? I mean, yeah, there are many thousands of people going to PAX.... but if even 1% of them go to this, that's quite a few hundred people in a small space.

My point is... Is there a small enough group attending where it will be easy and comfortable enough to get to know them and hang out... or is it so many that you don't really have the time/patience to butt-in and get to know anyone? Among the TS'ers (of which there are quite a few), I'm curious how easy it will be to leisurely socialize with them and not feel hassled by the sheer numbers.

GPIA7R on
  • Options
    ukiyo eukiyo e Registered User regular
    edited July 2009
    GPIA7R wrote: »
    Typically, how many people have shown up to these Post-PAX meetups in the past? I mean, yeah, there are many thousands of people going to PAX.... but if even 1% of them go to this, that's quite a few hundred people in a small space.

My point is... Is there a small enough group attending where it will be easy and comfortable enough to get to know them and hang out... or is it so many that you don't really have the time/patience to butt-in and get to know anyone? Among the TS'ers (of which there are quite a few), I'm curious how easy it will be to leisurely socialize with them and not feel hassled by the sheer numbers.

This will only be the second year for a PAX Tweetup. Last year it was very spur of the moment. A place was decided upon (Belltown Billiards), and during the day on sunday a few PAXers kept blasting out the time and location on Twitter. After the Omegathon final had ended we all made our way down there. At first it was only a few people, then people kept showing up. It turned into an amazingly fun time.
    This year will be the same. We won't really know how many people are coming until they actually walk through the door. Some might not even be on the TSer list. I wouldn't feel pressured to meet everyone though. Just show up and have fun.

EDIT: With the size of The Garage, I suspect that we will occupy a large section of tables for people to hang out and socialize, while others utilize the ample amount of bowling lanes, pool tables, etc. I wouldn't expect to see everyone together at one time during the night (unless we decide to get everyone together for another group photo).

ukiyo e on
    1EAFQ.gif
  • Options
    Jules@Party934.comJules@Party934.com Registered User regular
    edited July 2009
    GPIA7R wrote: »

This is my first PAX and my feeling of the TS meet up is that it will be easy to socialize with people and it not being overwhelming. It is one of the reasons I chose this over the other events. After 3 days of doing press stuff and trying to fit socializing with fellow geeks while working, it is nice to have this event where we have options and no fixed price.

I know come Sunday night I will be completely overwhelmed and I know this will allow me to unwind and just be me instead of reporter me.

Jules@Party934.com on
  • Options
    edited July 2009
    I know come Sunday night I will be completely overwhelmed and I know this will allow me to unwind and just be me instead of reporter me.

This. If come Sunday night you are still full of energy and want to go do activities, there will be plenty available and plenty of PAXers to participate with. If you are burned out and just want to relax with a beer (or 10), there will be plenty of people doing the same who you can converse with.

ukiyo e on
    1EAFQ.gif
  • Options
    edited July 2009
    ukiyo e wrote: »

This. If come Sunday night you are still full of energy and want to go do activities, there will be plenty available and plenty of PAXers to participate with. If you are burned out and just want to relax with a beer (or 10), there will be plenty of people doing the same who you can converse with.

Exactly! As I said, I have options. I can play or I can chill.

Jules@Party934.com on
  • Options
    CoconutExtremeCoconutExtreme Registered User regular
    edited July 2009
    Earley wrote: »
    Thanks I definitely will!

And don't forget to come to The Garage Sunday night and have some drinks with us. ;)

Thanks! We will definitely try to make this, even though we have a plane to catch at 6am Mon... Plane rides were meant to sleep on!

CoconutExtreme on
  • Options
    AltDeleteAltDelete Registered User regular
    edited July 2009
    Looking forward to another good meetup! Irish Car Bombs, anyone? ^__^

AltDelete on
  • Options
    edited July 2009
    AltDelete wrote: »

We do not drink Car Bombs at TSer meetups.
    file0081.JPG

ukiyo e on
    1EAFQ.gif
  • Options
    AltDeleteAltDelete Registered User regular
    edited July 2009

file0081.JPG

Oh, right. My mistake. ^_^

AltDelete on
  • Options
    PeasantDavePeasantDave Jersey ShoreRegistered User regular
    edited July 2009

file0081.JPG

We destroy Irish Car Bombs!

PeasantDave on
  • Options
    EarleyEarley juicyjones Seattle WARegistered User regular
    edited July 2009

file0081.JPG

Oh, right. My mistake. ^_^

lmao you walked right into that one!

Earley on
  • Options
    edited August 2009
    Guess what?!?! Its 31 days until the THIS!

Jules@Party934.com on
  • Options
    redhaloredhalo Also a Professional Alcoholic Registered User regular
    edited August 2009
    Earley wrote: »
    *tweets*

Twats...Batman says so.

file0081.JPG

We destroy Irish Car Bombs!

I'm sold and will be attending.

redhalo on
  • Options
    muttonheadmuttonhead Registered User regular
    edited August 2009
    Will be attending and destroying car bombs

muttonhead on
    @muttonhead104|!Hufflepuff|Team !Bulbasaur!
  • Options
    MrBartokomousMrBartokomous Registered User regular
    edited August 2009
    Twitter? Car Bombs? Oh Dear Sweet Jesus count me in.

MrBartokomous on
  • Options
    SlaresSlares Registered User regular
    edited August 2009
    Haha Im always down for being retarded ^.^

Slares on
  • Options
    edited August 2009
    *bump* Cause people need a reminder and new people to these parts need to know.

Jules@Party934.com on
  • Options
    JonnyNeroJonnyNero Registered User regular
    edited August 2009
    i'm down, hell I may even drunkenly podcast from there who knows

JonnyNero on
  • Options
    KaitouAyashiKaitouAyashi Seattle, WARegistered User regular
    edited August 2009
    Bumped for reminder. I wonder how many people will show?

KaitouAyashi on
    [15:02] BigRed-Worky: i will nom all of your boxes
    [15:02] Tajah: I like you BR but I'm not letting you nom my box
    [15:02] BigRed-Worky: Did I mention I hate you all? cause i do
    PAX Twitter Shitter~*~ Retired Bar Liaison: 2nd, 3rd, & 4th Annual Triwizard Drinking Tournament~*~
  • Options
    edited September 2009
    I'm not really worried about the numbers. A part of me feels like we need to "top" last year, but deep down I know that it will be a completely different experience. We just need to blast it out on twitter all weekend and then see who shows up. :)

ukiyo e on
    1EAFQ.gif
  • Options
    KaitouAyashiKaitouAyashi Seattle, WARegistered User regular
    edited September 2009
    I'm not really worried about the numbers. A part of me feels like we need to "top" last year, but deep down I know that it will be a completely different experience. We just need to blast it out on twitter all weekend and then see who shows up. :)

It's not about being worried. It just might be a nice courtesy to let The Garage know that a large group is coming so they can plan accordingly. Waiting a long time for drinks and food really sucks - esp when it could have been avoided if they'd known to staff properly.

KaitouAyashi on
    [15:02] BigRed-Worky: i will nom all of your boxes
    [15:02] Tajah: I like you BR but I'm not letting you nom my box
    [15:02] BigRed-Worky: Did I mention I hate you all? cause i do
    PAX Twitter Shitter~*~ Retired Bar Liaison: 2nd, 3rd, & 4th Annual Triwizard Drinking Tournament~*~
  • Options
    RandomfoolRandomfool loofmodnar Rochester, NYRegistered User regular
    edited September 2009
    That's a very good idea. It would suck to show up with a bunch of people and find there's only one person working. I don't know anything about this place but most places I've been on Sunday night are pretty empty.

That said I'll definitely be there.

Randomfool on
    I do Pokecrawl things. Professor Team Instinct, Hufflepuff supporter.@loofmodnar

B4o6XD4.png
  • Options
    edited September 2009
    Its the long weekend and thousands of gamers are about to hit Seattle. If they have 1 person working, then that is poor staffing

Jules@Party934.com on
This discussion has been closed.